フォーラム » FFXI » General » Opinions on rank of best damage dealers
Opinions on rank of best damage dealers
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-01 23:47:45  
I wouldn't know the first thing about using blu (or any job) in PvP, I'm assuming whoever I'm fighting isn't just going to let me kite them.
By Meez 2009-11-01 23:52:12  
wow seriously... BLU depends on MP? U must be one of them wack *** BLUs who spam spells, pulls hate, and cry when they die... THERES A REASON THE ONLY JA'S U HAVE (Besides merits) IS CA, BA, AND 2HR.. all BLU big DD comes from skillchains/MB... any dipshit can stack str and spam spells and *** at brds and rdm for a *** ballad or refresh...
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-01 23:59:31  
Odin.Blazza said:
I wouldn't know the first thing about using blu (or any job) in PvP, I'm assuming whoever I'm fighting isn't just going to let me kite them.

Depends on what your fighting... the blu physical spells can rip most people to shreds... plds can kinda just sentinel though QQ
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-02 07:05:23  
Meez said:
wow seriously... BLU depends on MP? U must be one of them wack *** BLUs who spam spells, pulls hate, and cry when they die... THERES A REASON THE ONLY JA'S U HAVE (Besides merits) IS CA, BA, AND 2HR.. all BLU big DD comes from skillchains/MB... any dipshit can stack str and spam spells and *** at brds and rdm for a *** ballad or refresh...

If you're self magic bursting at 75 then 99% of the time you're doing it wrong.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-02 07:19:04  
I've done PvP on BLU, and I'll say BLMs can give me issues, but it's a very solid pick overall.
 Ifrit.Tulnig
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2009-11-02 07:20:12  
RNG is the undisputed best melee DMG dealer in most situations.

DRK/SAM/DRG/MNK/WAR are awesome in the right situation, when being played by a skilled player.

BLM is in a class of its own, often comparable to RNG.

While there are many DD jobs that are awesome in their own right, the above are the most recognized.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
サーバ: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-11-03 01:32:40  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Jailer of fortitude!

wrong, sam can bring a sword meditate and spirits within JoF <.< and give tp to the rng if he/she got that merit
 Valefor.Mattyc
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-11-03 02:11:35  
blu pvp a blm goes like this....
and funny thing is meez u off the rocker with that mp spam an nonsense about wastin mp

blm np rdm np any job np lol

regurgitation > pinecomb bomb > flee > chain affinity > sneak attack > vertical cleave > good bye.

as far as groups of people pickin on a blu just use reactor cool go /nin and use fry pan head butt chain affinity - disseverment some one /laugh frenetic rip some one /laugh frypan cuz u know mofo's are paralyzed and start from step one. u prolly should add a few magic fruits and utsunemi in there also >.> and with right gear mp can be wasted on 3 people if u have conserve mp trait and auto refresh plus bringing drinks to regain mp.....

as far as pld
same as above lol....pld can fall just as easy...

tried and tested blu know all the best pvp
tanking
solo
and my favorite team player /thf ^^

any doubts about it come to vaelfor and get owned ^^d
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-11-03 02:13:37  
and samurai rapes pvp but i think well geared drk takes the cake fella's i dont like how emo it is but pvp emo = god apparently
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-11-03 02:48:00  
ITT: Dickfight
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-11-03 02:53:05  
lol just defending whats rightfully right ^^d
 Bahamut.Duderson
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2009-11-03 03:01:14  
Valefor.Mattyc said:
lol just defending whats rightfully right ^^d

and sounding like a tool
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-11-03 04:38:30  
wow love the online insult ouch that hurt ; ;
seriously 95% of you guys on here ego's and attitudes need fine tuning
duderson u sound like the "tool" for choosing online argument's congratulations "tool" actually i take that back "tool's" are useful and have a place in the world for taking care of business so thanks for the compliment sir duscherson ^^
 Bahamut.Duderson
user: Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2009-11-03 05:53:16  
no problem, good luck with your remedial english class
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-03 06:34:10  
Apoc DRK and RNG -> All.
 Ifrit.Ravahan
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2009-11-05 23:12:08  
Not gonna read the whole thread, here's my input. I'm assuming the players are decently skilled/geared, but not at top of the line, and going for general use DD not specialized.

MNK > DRG > SAM > DRK are my top four. While their big numbers look impressive I have yet to have a RNG parse anywhere near the "real" DD in a merit group (which is not to say it doesn't happen, only that I've either been with shitting RNGs or its not the norm), and WAR are generally lackluster too though I've seen a few that really dish it the hell out. WARs seem to be really hit or miss.

All in all, I gotta agree that its too situational to say there's a "best", but MNK with destroyers will consistantly outparse other DDs (which makes me sad ;_;). SAM is really good DoT with a hagun, but I can say that having done a lot of things involving my parser and SAMs, they don't tend to measure up to myself or MNKs without one. This is not to say that SAMs aren't even situationally better-- they are-- I'd take a SAM in a zerg any day (though I'd prefer there be an angon) over any other DD personally.

I'll preface this pic by saying this is what I call a "miracle penta" and is by no means my regular output, but this is what a decently geared DRG is capable of...

User submitted image

In this pic I was DRG/WAR in limbus, berserk/warcry were down but the mob was weak to piercing and angoned. Wyvern damage is not unmentionable either, especially with Strafe and a good TP build.

People hate on DRG a lot and I'm not really sure why. All I can think is its either leftover blah from when DRG truely was a lolJob or all these idiots I see running around in NQ beetle earrings at level 75. These *** are not representative of the DRG population, they're results of Level Synch and/or Astral Burn pts (A friend of mine knows someone in his other shell that got 3 75's his first two weeks I believe it is in an astral burn and sucks, of course, on all of them).
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-06 00:04:01  
You make some good points there, but you lose a lot of credibility when you show damage on ghost clot. It's almost as bad as showing damage on a qutrub or seed mandragora.
By Vegetto 2009-11-06 00:05:26  
Limbus counts as much as salvage rampart mobs when it comes to dmg rly. Lol I can do 7k jinpus on the chigoes for gate widow.

User submitted image
 Hades.Exion
By Hades.Exion 2009-11-06 00:11:07  
SAM
RNG
DRK
WAR
THF
BLU
MNK
DRG
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-06 00:12:25  
Those have about as much merit as me posting this ;o

User submitted image

1368 + 3138 + 2823 + 3951 + 8889 = 20169, My Tachi Yuki is actually Cosmic w/e that Tenzen does, so it takes like 4 extra seconds to show up in log, I've actually done frags where Gekko shows up first, Literal time, 14sec from Yuki ~ Light, but really about 8~12 cuz Light also takes a while to log. Fun to see that much dmg :o

Edit**

Side note, how do I hide plugin's on SS's I forgot when someone told me.

Edit2**

And for my opinion, since there are so many situations I can't really say what is best, but as for my general favorites, top 5

SAM
WAR
RNG
DRK
MNK
 Ifrit.Ravahan
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2009-11-06 06:47:17  
Well I did say it was A) not my standard damage, B) angoned, C) weak to pokey things D) Limbus. I dunno what else I can say there other than that's the only screenie I have, and it was totally just a fun e-peen shot. Its maybe worth noting that the other penta spam for the group was around the 2k mark, give or take a few hundred. If I were claiming that was standard damage for me then I'd deserve a few knocks, but I'm not. Come on guys =(

@Rumaha I think when you take the screenie you're stuck with them barring a photoshop session, but there's probably a way to disable plugins before you snap them. I'm not a windower user myself, but maybe someone here would have more info on that.

Also, I've brought this up before but as this is a thread full of DD I figure at least one of you guys should be playing on a debian system and use a parser-- Which one and how? I've not been able to get FFXIP to work since I swapped to Linux and KParser won't install into Wine.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2009-11-06 09:02:15  
Imo Im going to go with this order for top DD overall.

DRK ~ SAM
Rng
Monk ~War
Drg

A lot of things are situational, and thats why for me this was the overall look of things being situational and all. You have to consider a lot of things of why some jobs feel more over powering than others etc etc and why others who are, arent.

Drk can be a very strong job at times, half of the time you dont see it, is poor gearing, drk cant really ride SE/LR for very much w/o subbing /nin. A lot of its damage would greatly increase if you could ride SE/LR timers as /sam. Drk is very destructive with buffs vs sam. Sam imo is a very strong job in unbuffed situations(GK wise) while once its buff'd doesnt gain as much as other jobs do(outside polearm builds). Both Sam and drk can tank a lot of things in this game very easily(so could war you can say) Obviously with no gear restrictions drk would get Apoc allowing it to ride timers. Imo in a merit pt it would go either way for relic drk, relic sam. On things with piercing bonus, sam would rape drk, but that could be turned around for zergs aswell. They are both great jobs in any event. Tbh though if it wasnt for Apoc, drk would be a bit lower on the list sadly :/ Again my opinion.

Rng is really a glass cannon, we all know that, rngs can rip apart a lot of mobs even w/o piercing bonus. A lot of the times, they'll be holding back due to death. They're great for zergs.

Monk is a destructive force to be dealt with. Its one of the jobs that is always holding back with subbing /nin. Toss in /war + Faiths and this jobs starts destroying a lot of things. If it wasnt because a lot of jobs are now /subbing sam and getting TP faster through x-hit builds and med, mobs would always be glued to monks because the melee power it has is fast and constant unless ppl are wsing fast, you will never pull it off a mnk for long. Monk really gets hurt the higher level a mob is(HNMs)

War is very powerful, but imo they are probably one of the fewer jobs that actually have to hold back. If you really let all the jobs let loose, I just dont think you would see war get any better than it already is now. Right now, imo war is pretty up there, were its probably SAM, then WAR, then DRK/MNK/DRK, then drg. But this thread is w/o gear restrictions, then take notes of full potential and everything else and a lot of other jobs start to shine just a bit more, again imo.

Drg, what can I say, drg has always been good on piercing, it doesnt really have any strong offensive JA/traits/merits other than jumps/Acc, which arent bad,but are no berserk/Souleater/last resort/overwelm, the acc is meh because other jobs have just as much acc if not more. Pentathrust has been its bread and butter, but imo Drakesbane is what put drg back on the top DD tier. The pet actually does make a good chunk of damage as well for drg, dont discount that little ****er. Multi hit crit ws are very broken in this game, if it wasnt for multi hit crit ws, I would say war wouldnt be as high as it is right now. And we all <3 angon.

Again this is just my opinion. These jobs can easily jump up and down, but I feel with everything going right for each job, thats how they would stack.
 Leviathan.Veronika
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-06 09:37:12  
If every job is geared to an equal level of greatness... Then this would be my complete list (Assume the mob is weak to piercing):

1) Drg
2) War
3) Blm
4) Rng
5) Dnc
6) Pup
7) Sam
8) Drk
9) Mnk
10) Thf
11) Nin
12) Blu
13) Cor
14) Sch
15) Smn
16) Bst
17) Pld
18) Rdm
19) Whm
20) Brd

And yes, DNC > SAM :) I know that one's going to make a lot of you Sam band-wagoneers mad, but it's true especially in merit PT's. A good DNC will outparse a good SAM by a fair amount. You gotta calculate the fact that DNC can score 8 hit piercing weaponskills and has full time 30~50% double attack on both weapons. Don't forget DNC can also get 25% haste gear, so you can't say sam hits faster either, and when it comes to TP gain, DNC is probably the current fastest. You also have to consider that DNC does more damage per attack phase than a SAM does per-hit. (Don't bring up meditate, dnc has it's own meditate with a 3 minute cooldown that gives 75 TP AND reverse flourish which converts finishing moves to TP, you can hit 75 tp with this ability as well.)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-06 09:51:33  
Sam can score 8hit piercing ws too on birds, so that's not a point. Sam gets piercing bonus too, so that's not a point. Sam can get just as much haste, so thhat's not a point. Dnc does not get tp faster than sam, sorry. Reverse flourish + meditate every 3 mins is 75+ 60 tp = 135. Sam meditate is 2 min 30 sec recast ranging from 140-160.

You're also forgetting that dnc has low as fk attack which is weak as hell dmg/hit, low average ws dmg (if you disagree, show me a parse w/ a dnc and a high ws average, even on colibri).

"Assume the mob is weak to peircing"

HOw the hell did blm take spot number 3?

Also, sam can beat drg and war on birds, so again I don't see your point (yet alone dnc).

I hope you were trolling, lol.
 Hades.Exion
By Hades.Exion 2009-11-06 10:06:16  
lmao you are putting pup dnc and blm before sam because dncs have a 8 hit piercing weaponskill.
sams can easily obtain a 5 hit build with polearm and do 2k+ per penta if properly geared.
a dancer doing over 500 dmg let alone using their TP for weaponskills is rare at best.
pup? and blm? lol

level dd jobs before you judge them.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-06 10:08:37  
You're over exaggerating on sam. While it is very easy to hit 2k+ on a penta, that will be nowhere near the average penta of all your pentas in said party.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-06 10:14:20  
Best damage dealers depends on the situation of course. I'd love to say SAM but RDM wins it for me because of the versatility.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-06 10:15:48  
Rdm may be versatile, but I can't see where they'd be the best DD in almost any situation at all >.>
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-06 10:21:01  
Well not in every situation no, but I'm judging it on the amount of things a RDM can kill in comparison to others as in my mind the best DD is what can produce the most DoT.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 25 26 27