Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 Jan. 2019
Ambuscade Volume 1 Jan. 2019
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Nariont 2019-01-17 13:53:15  
Id like to think emp+1 gloves and a reive cape arent out of the ordinary, then again most whms dont even know what DC does
[+]
By aisukage 2019-01-17 13:53:52  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
Afania said: »
Because all cor DD makes this really easy mode, salute easily does max damage with only cor rolls and cor can RA on boss to make things even easier on Boss at end, with 3 DP cor RAing we can land 3 99k salutes and 3 thunder shots for another 50kish each time boss TPS.

To be fair if whm is being played correctly DD and ra cor makes no difference. They can still hit 99999 per ws and multi hit white dmg adds up probably beats thunder shots.

The correct way to whm last phase is to use divine caress after blm die and tank -naed, so whm doesn't get stuck in DC JA delay. Then cast stona when NM do "lower the arm" animation, but before yellow crystal animation appear. If they need to refresh DC or accession, it should be done before the tp move, not after.

That way divine caress stona will land before stone status register on the status screen, and melee DD wont lose dps. but still take effect. NM only use one move this phase so it's very easy to predict when to start cast because whm doesn't need to react to situation.

Ive seen people pop divine caress after tp move and took 5 sec to cast 1st stona. Of course melee will be inferior to ra cor this phase like this...

That’s if you have a whim with all the divine caress gears, which they may not, ranged is same kill speed with less work on the whm, either way you get the same result so do what works best for you.

yes but you're limiting your group to geared CORs and RNGs. Not everyone has the limited jobs your group is demanding. If you have a WHM (that should honestly go get these 2 easy pieces for divine caress. honestly wouldn't take long to get and divine Carress is an ability worth the effort even if you half-*** whm). And use Divine Caress with either Accession or even use Divine Seal for AOE stona. means you can bring a much wider range of jobs. Pretty much any job can fill the DD spots and not limit your group to just ranged.
By Afania 2019-01-17 13:55:36  
Because all cor DD makes this really easy mode, salute easily does max damage with only cor rolls and cor can RA on boss to make things even easier on Boss at end, with 3 DP cor RAing we can land 3 99k salutes and 3 thunder shots for another 50kish each time boss TPS.

To be fair if whm is being played correctly DD and ra cor makes no difference. They can still hit 99999 per ws and multi hit white dmg adds up probably beats thunder shots.

The correct way to whm last phase is to use divine caress after blm die and tank -naed, so whm doesn't get stuck in DC JA delay. Then cast stona when NM do "lower the arm" animation, but before yellow crystal animation appear. If they need to refresh DC or accession, it should be done before the tp move, not after.

That way divine caress stona will land before stone status register on the status screen, and melee DD wont lose dps. but still take effect. NM only use one move this phase so it's very easy to predict when to start cast because whm doesn't need to react to situation.

Ive seen people pop divine caress after tp move and took 5 sec to cast 1st stona. Of course melee will be inferior to ra cor this phase like this...

That’s if you have a whim with all the divine caress gears, which they may not, ranged is same kill speed with less work on the whm, either way you get the same result so do what works best for you.

If people think cast stona every 10sec for 100% predictable tp move with absolute zero chance to one shot any DD is too much work then idk what to say lol. There's plenty of NM using unpredictable tp move that's far worse for healers than this.

Divine caress gear isn't 100% required. If geo /whm run out and prioritize one of the DD while whm prioritize 2nd one then DD still won't lose dps with single target stona. If brd isn't DDing then you get 3 single target stona on 3 person.

Either way while Cor probably get a bit of advantage with rolls I don't think it makes very big difference if everyone do 99999 anyways.

Edit: forgot that geo needs to run out to cast stona, fixed.
[+]
By aisukage 2019-01-17 14:21:38  
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Thanks for the response~ I have few remarks:

aisukage said: »
If it's sloppy it can go up to about 4:30 that you speak of but that's when people make mistakes.

There was literally not a single mistake done in any video posted and yet they finished in 4:30+

Granted Leaden bypasses invincible, saying both adds die in 10-20s isn't correct.[prove it with a video and we can move on from this]

Using DNC, with a single Clim on Berserker, HP dropped to 35% instantly, doing 99k, then RF > another Rudra and it was Dead, luckily; by using RF there was no melee, rendering counter obsolete as well.
This also means that Berserker in VD got ±155k HP.

My initial breakdown was based off the videos posted, and the AVG speed in the runs I participated in, and for the fun of it:

Buffs Time from the moment of entering: [30:00-28:25] on AVG [in any Ambuscade], and it doesn't matter if you bring a BRD or not, it all depends on Rolls if you have a COR.[which you do]

Also we don't use any acc bubbles. We don't use hunters and we don't always bring a BRD. We never have issues hitting it. Only when it lands blind. It's a very potent blind. You must not realize you have this blind on cause all i really need is acc food. I don't even need to be in my midAcc set for this fight.

High Vicar comes to corner around 28:15, and attacking either Berserker or Devout with activated bubble starts two seconds later.
If you start off with Devout, invincible can be activated in 10-15 seconds if your capped, you're definitely not capped, these are your buffs:

Geo = Entrust haste - Indi malaise - Geo Frailty
GEO + WHM hasted the party at start
COR = SAM + CHAOS

Now this:

Then gets Divine caress aoe stona ready and then we proceed to kill it every time it TP's

Torment of Gu'Dha is spammed exclusively after the Elemantalist is dead and Sorrow of Gu'Dha activated only once.
By Tracing the videos, again; Torment of Gu'Dha approximately fires off every 15s or so, and that's using MNK in the party...

Theoretically and/or through videos, you would need between 2-3 Torment of Gu'Dha moves to down the High Vicar, granted everything was coordinated between DPS jobs in the case of 2 moves to incorporate skill chains.

As much as I'd want your clear time to be true, and based off videos from players whom I'd like to think are of high credibility, and by doing a simple breakdown to fight mechanics, it's really near impossible [or let me tone it down and say highly unlikely] to clear 1 minute less than what was provided.
Be that as it may, it would be great if a video provided by you showing this strategy.

if you're quick on rolls buff times takes less than a minute. first roll takes like 10-20 seconds. Random Deal. and then do 2nd roll and if everyone else is done with buffs tank can start pulling before i'm even done with my 2nd roll. Pulling the mob 30-45 seconds from entering. (straight away theres a whole minute saved just by having a group thats ready to buff as soon as entering.)

We started on the WAR (since PLD can stop to cast a quick spell before running into the bubbles unless silenced). I did more than 50% with 1k tp and it dies pretty quick with 2 other DD's on it. Then move onto devout and build TP up. While the other DD's pushes it to use invincible in seconds by then i should have atleast 1ktp (if i don't i have Quick draws to get the remaining TP needed) and can 1 shot the remaining health. Again another 5-10 second fight.

The video provided was slow to buff at the start and didn't take advantage of certain strategies used to speed this fight up. They wasted time on the BLM by being cautious not to kill him. Then run out, making sure everyone is out before then letting the tank kill.

We have 1 DD run out to draw hate after the hate reset so it doesn't run after the WHM and then the GEO or WHM silences the BLM as it pops so it runs straight to the tank without stopping to cast. While this is happening i am building 3k TP on the MB. The second it gets close enough the 2 remaining DD's turn and insta kill it. We don't waste any time beating it down to 30% and wasting more time to then run out and have the tank solo the rest.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-17 15:59:18  
Let's not ignore the fact that a cor could roll 5 to an 11, then either just a straight lucky or another 5 to an 11 roll making cor buff time vastly lower than the estimated times. Considering it was stated that these lower time runs couldn't happen at all in the argument, the average time of rolls is irrelevant on roll time and should just be stated what the fastest rolling times possible are.

Also, she keeps ignoring the video where they leave at 4:19.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-17 16:02:07  
Are you literally arguing about being optimal by literal seconds here... why.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-17 16:03:33  
Because people enjoy running content as fast as possible?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-17 16:05:37  
A lot of dumb ***goes on here but seriously
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-01-17 16:15:01  
Nariont said: »
Id like to think emp+1 gloves and a reive cape arent out of the ordinary, then again most whms dont even know what DC does

I had a PUG WHM the other night who I begged to stack Divine Caress with Stona 4 times and he absolutely wouldn't... /sigh.
[+]
By Autocast 2019-01-17 17:39:06  
Is it known what element the mobs AoE is? I assumed earth because of petrify and all but noticed in ejin's vid he is using 3x tellus, thought valiance reduced damage to the element the rune was defending against (thunder in the case of tellus). Just curious
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-17 17:45:37  
Autocast said: »
Is it known what element the mobs AoE is? I assumed earth because of petrify and all but noticed in ejin's vid he is using 3x tellus, thought valiance reduced damage to the element the rune was defending against (thunder in the case of tellus). Just curious

Tellus for guarding against stun probably.

The AOE damage can be mitigated with Wilt/Barrier.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-01-17 17:47:56  
Its earth, so use flabra/valiance
By Autocast 2019-01-17 17:48:09  
Quote:
The AOE damage can be mitigated with Wilt/Barrier.

so the rage move is physical?
By aisukage 2019-01-17 18:32:06  
2 minutes and 45 seconds for those that think this can't be done under 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
[+]
By Afania 2019-01-17 18:34:34  
2 minutes and 45 seconds for those that think this can't be done under 4 minutes and 30 seconds.

Inb4 "Is this VE?" ;p
[+]
 Shiva.Nayomi
Guildwork Premium
user: nayomi423
By Shiva.Nayomi 2019-01-17 18:35:13  
i can vouch for him...
By aisukage 2019-01-17 18:36:02  

Inb4 "Is this VE?" ;p

lol true but i also got a video of it and can upload it in a bit when i'm done with ambu.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-01-17 18:36:25  

Inb4 "Is this VE?" ;p

Can confirm this was on Very Difficult. I'm the handsome Geomancer with the Idris you see standing there.
By Afania 2019-01-17 18:40:54  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Are you literally arguing about being optimal by literal seconds here... why.

Nobody said it's the end of the world if pt is getting 4.5 min win instead of 2 min 45 sec though.

But claiming others testimonials are lying because a video using less optimal setup takes longer than 3 min is another story. Its discouraging people post informations.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-17 23:43:54  
So we have been doing the strat where you kill BLM, but in an effort to make runs better or different I suppose I had an idea and questions. I went geo/blm one run for fun to see if you could stun Torment. I got completely resist messages, though the random stun I did at the start of fight landed no problem. Is this just part of the mechanic when that is used, when the shield is down it completely resists, or being in that phase in general after BLM is killed completely resists? This made me further question if it would be possible to stun during a cure 6 with BLM alive with possibly a potent sudden lunge for extended WS windows? At this point it doesn’t matter I suppose, but just curious if anyone has tried.
By aisukage 2019-01-17 23:53:51  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
So we have been doing the strat where you kill BLM, but in an effort to make runs better or different I suppose I had an idea and questions. I went geo/blm one run for fun to see if you could stun Torment. I got completely resist messages, though the random stun I did at the start of fight landed no problem. Is this just part of the mechanic when that is used, when the shield is down it completely resists, or being in that phase in general after BLM is killed completely resists? This made me further question if it would be possible to stun during a cure 6 with BLM alive with possibly a potent sudden lunge for extended WS windows? At this point it doesn’t matter I suppose, but just curious if anyone has tried.

I don't know but if you're able to stun him, I don't think it would extend the WS window. You can damage him while he is Casting cure. Stunning during casting interrupts the spell so the second he stops casting, Your damage will more than likely go to ***not being able to get close to killing him and then it will bene as soon as he un-stuns.
By aisukage 2019-01-17 23:57:49  
If anyone is curious how we do it here is a under 3 minute video. This isn't the same from the picture posted previously (this was actually the run before that one) Since i felt like the video quality was better on this one. It's the same method for both. This run just took a few seconds longer than the previous picture.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: compared this video with the 2:45 run. Pretty much was time for time with every step. Only difference was we were able to kill it 1 TP move earlier than this video. I guess everyone's WS's were on point on the 2:45 run.
[+]
By Afania 2019-01-18 01:27:16  
So separating blm with megaboss is probably not required at all since whm can just use misery and cast esuna as soon as blm dies. That would save plenty of time running back and forth for blm.

I finally got to test stacking + esuna strategy and got some advice from lsmate. Without movement speed it's actually pretty intense...here is result

YouTube Video Placeholder

The trick is to start casting esuna when megaboss do the turtling animation. If done correctly esuna will land before drawn in happens, which buys time for whm to curaga 4 and run out, even without movement speed.

If esuna is late on casting and interrupted with drawn in, whm wont have time to curaga without movement speed. In that case whm can quickly sacro, RUN can do epeo liement or one for all. Then whm can run out leaving DD red HP(like I did in video). JAs will completely block 1st torment from 1 shotting everyone because they will take no damage at all.

Alternatively just use movement speed gears to buy time to run out and pop JA. But they are not required.

I think Aisu's pt can probably kill even faster this way, since 2 cor can just save tp on megaboss, one shot blm with leaden on spot before it even move to the corner, without ever need to wait for aisu to run out of range before killing blm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-01-18 15:14:49  
If anyone is curious how we do it here is a under 3 minute video.

Not sure if you're serious here...
Your original setup had MNK WAR COR in it, so please, do not insult anyone's intelligence by posting this totally different setup then stick it to the original claim..

But claiming others testimonials are lying because a video using less optimal setup takes longer than 3 min is another story. Its discouraging people post informations.

Again, they claimed it was under 3.5 min in the MNK WAR COR setup, and I'm 100% sure that its false, proof, they posted a COR COR BRD video >.>

Obviously; with a BRD and 2 CORs, things would be so much different, and it was mentioned way before...

I dunno. was clearing in 3 minutes and 30 seconds from entry going
RUN/GEO/WHM/COR/MNK/WAR -(Any DD's Would work. Can be very flexible)

Geo = Entrust haste - Indi malaise - Geo Frailty
GEO + WHM hasted the party at start
COR = SAM + CHAOS

and since you only have GEO, COR

As much as I'd want your clear time to be true, and based off videos from players whom I'd like to think are of high credibility, and by doing a simple breakdown to fight mechanics, it's really near impossible [or let me tone it down and say highly unlikely] to clear 1 minute less than what was provided.
Be that as it may, it would be great if a video provided by you showing this strategy.

Nevertheless, this month is super easy, happy grind~
By Afania 2019-01-18 16:40:40  
Again, they claimed it was under 3.5 min in the MNK WAR COR setup, and I'm 100% sure that its false, proof

That's not a "proof" to proof 3.5 min can't be done with mnk war cor. They may change setup because they found newer setup more optimal since they hit 2 min 45 sec with it, or their mnk war player isn't on.

I also have to say that this month DD type doesn't matter much on megaboss. Ruaus video clearly showed multiple 99999 ws on mnk.

do not insult anyone's intelligence by posting this totally different setup then stick it to the original claim..

If anything in this debate his claim has more credibility though.

This is your origional post claiming he is lying:

I dunno. was clearing in 3 minutes and 30 seconds from entry

• Buffs Take (1-1.5) Minutes based on how lucky you are with rolls, and since you only have GEO, COR you will also want 2-3 extra "Entrusts" from Random Deal and/or Wild Card, then Random Deal again "If Lucky".

• High Vicar is a WHM, its casting spells when you aggro it, so its slow, and it will take 30s to reach corner with adds.

• Invincible is 30 s, best time would be if everything was absolutely perfect, and you magically managed to avoid counter from them on your WAR, MNK.. 1 minute for both adds.

• Forcing Bene would take another 30s, and only if you planned on multi step.

• Elemantalist walking all the way to corner by itself takes more than 30s.[but lets give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you killed it on spot before it even moves with a single sc].

• If you're waiting on the Elemenatlist to come to corner, you need to switch hate back to Tank, or let your DD "with hate" take one for the team after tanking both, thats 30s.

• Making sure your WHM isn't in range, and run to give DC+Stona+Curaga [Provided each player uses holy water right after stona] takes around 30s.

*High Vicar will use the Torment of Gu'Dha 15s after Sorrow of Gu'Dha*
  • High Vicar will take another (1-1.5 min) to clear, only if you save your TP and WS during the "very first second" of Torment of Gu'Dha and hope your WS's link somehow....

In near impossible conditions, and assuming no lag issues what so ever, the fastest clear time on VD is: 1.0+0.5+1.0+0.5+0.5+1.5= 4.5 minutes.

Even if you're TPing in full Acc Set or replaced Chaos with Hunter, or you're using Bolster every fight, or brought a BRD, its almost impossible to clear in your "Claimed" time.

You clearly said even if a brd is used it's almost impossible to clear in their "claimed" time. Then when they posted a video faster than their claimed time you claimed they are lying because they have a brd.

Nevermind the fact that their video already proved "1 min to buff, 30 sec to wait for NM to walk to the corner, 30 sec to wait for whm get out of range" is false. These has nothing to do with pt dps nor job type, they simply just doesn't take as long as you claimed.

Since these claims are mostly false you have no ground to stand on to call others lying or insulting others intelligence.
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2019-01-18 16:45:32  
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-01-18 17:26:02  
If you all are so pationate about each other, go get a room.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-18 17:36:13  
Asura.Tydis said: »

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-18 19:02:44  
omg its kat involved in drama. hold the phone.
By aisukage 2019-01-18 22:26:58  
Yeaaaah What Afania said. XD

Just to clarify since you can't seem to figure it out the only difference between this and the WAR/MNK party setup is the WHM and GEO also had to haste the DD's which again didn't take long. (maybe adding 5-10 seconds at most to a run. In fact You even see in the video geo and whm standing around a little while we are still rolling etc meaning they have time to haste if they needed to.)

Haste is capped due to entrust haste and the single hastes so brd doesn't really make a difference other than make it easier on the supports not having to cast haste.

A WAR can easy put out the same damage as a cor and a mnk can put out the same damage as a BRD lol ( they all do max damage on the WHM and they kill the adds just as fast as the video. You only need 1 COR to bypass invincible which we had).

Any job that can put out damage can replace the WAR and MNK and achieve the same thing really. So setup is RUN/WHM/GEO/COR/DD/DD

As the only cor i would do sam + chaos roll since i'm easy hitting max damage with just malaise up. (i only did wizards and fighters to look like i was being useful since they aren't really needed XD)

With the MNK/WAR group it was an average of about 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

Where you made up numbers and said it was impossible to do it any quicker than 4:30 even when multiple people said they could. You are simply spreading false information because you are unable to achieve what others can. You asked for proof that it was possible and i provided it and you're mad to be proven wrong in front of everyone. Now you're trying to pick at every detail you can so you can deceive yourself in thinking you are right. You're wrong simple as that and it's not mine or anyone's problem now move on.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7