言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Discussion: how to make BLM more relevant
Discussion: how to make BLM more relevant
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22
By llAKs0nll 2022-11-16 13:43:45  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Sorry, did you just say that SC+MB isn't boring or easy? Here's the list of what you do as a BLM in a SC+MB setup:
-Cast a nuke when the SC finishes.
Check your Jobs 1st before Posting such cuz it’s blatantly obvious you are NOT an actual BLACK MAGE

Either you were either a WoW player on FFXI forums or NOT an actual BLM.
Now I know WHY you are so dismissive of BLM. Since BLM is NOT an actual Job you play.
By Nariont 2022-11-16 13:48:05  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
The game is probably well beyond this idea already, so I apologize in advance. But I wonder if it would have solved any issues if the base damage of elemental magic were reduced, but boosted substantially when used in a Magic Burst, with the bonus scaling based on the number of steps in the skillchain.

non-mb dmg was always a joke from my memory, once the adoulin mb/sc changes got made it basically did what you described and kind of leveled stuff out, non-mb sucked, mb did great and got better based on steps in sc, not balanced exactly but it was a step in the right direction, then DDs just got increasing levels of damage increases(WSD/crit rate/dmg/ma/stp) while nukers in general only saw a modest increase in mb dmg and here we are.

I think a lot of the potential balancing ideas could have been feasible in late adoulin, feel like that was time everything was the closest to the next in potential damage that minor tweaks could have corrected each one, still feel the ws update vastly overcorrected things and then gear creep just sealed the deal
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-16 13:54:12  
llAKs0nll said: »
Check your Jobs 1st before Posting such cuz it’s blatantly obvious you are NOT an actual BLACK MAGE

Either you were either a WoW player on FFXI forums or NOT an actual BLM.
Now I know WHY you are so dismissive of BLM. Since BLM is NOT an actual Job you play.

I've already dismissed this in my earlier post, but if you want to keep going down this road...definitive proof that I've never magic bursted anything in my life.

https://imgur.com/a/B9wXcc0

BTW if someone has advice on how to embed images on these things I'm all ears.
By llAKs0nll 2022-11-16 13:55:10  
That’s fantastic. This is ALL about BLM not lolSMN atm.

Actually, your point was that I don't know anything about MB because I don't play BLM, RDM, or SCH. And my point was that SMN can and do magic burst, so your argument is stupid. I MB all the time for Kei on my SMN, and it's BRAINDEAD. You stand still and do nothing for 20-30 seconds, then hit a single macro, and then go back to your netflix show. I've actually magic bursted with 3 characters on the same skillchain. It's ridiculously easy and involves no skill whatsoever.
You literally just Perfectly described WHY nobody uses SMN over an actual BLM to do anything via MB Dmg.

I get that SMN is in a very BAD spot atm being literally absolutely useless but that’s no reason to pretend that you are a BLM and that BLM need not exist neither in the Game.
Two things I just learned now…..

You don’t know what FastCast is. You think BLM is actually SMN via BP timers. WoW is more designed for your particular tastes rather than FFXI. Even FFXIV is more suited to you.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-16 13:57:39  
pretend that you are a BLM and that BLM need not exist neither in the Game.

Refresh my memory on where I said BLM isn't needed and shouldn't exist in the game? Also, did you want to respond to my screenshot of the master level BLM I just posted? Care to explain how I've never played BLM before, yet I just made that up out of whole cloth? Would you like to see me post a screenshot of me magic bursting something? WTF do you want, kid?
By llAKs0nll 2022-11-16 14:00:06  
You gave up the HOAX alrdy……

I am NOT seriously going to continue Debating a Fake BLM whom thinks SMN = BLM any longer.
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-11-16 14:00:16  
You don’t know what FastCast is. You think BLM is actually SMN via BP timers. WoW is more designed for your particular tastes rather than FFXI. Even FFXIV is more suited to you.

Sorry...stand around for 10 seconds, then hit 2 buttons. Sounds REALLY tough though. You have to wait for the casting animation to end before you hit the second button. I could train a 4 year old to magic burst a skillchain in under 3 minutes.
By llAKs0nll 2022-11-16 14:02:07  
Gilgamesh.Maletaru said: »

Sorry...stand around for 10 seconds, then hit 2 buttons. Sounds REALLY tough though. You have to wait for the casting animation to end before you hit the second button. I could train a 4 year old to magic burst a skillchain in under 3 minutes.
Good Luck on your SMN pretending you seriously Replaced an actual BLM in Party
pretend that you are a BLM and that BLM need not exist neither in the Game.
Also, did you want to respond to my screenshot of the master level BLM I just posted? Care to explain how I've never played BLM before, yet I just made that up out of whole cloth?
GS sell M.Lv20 nowadays too, ya know? You have literally ZERO experience on BLM whatsoever which has you literally Describing SMN waiting on BP timers to MB then confusing BLM w/ your inept SMN doing MBD.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-16 14:04:54  
I am NOT seriously going to continue Debating a Fake BLM whom thinks SMN = BLM any longer.

You wanna point out where I said that then? I said SMN can magic burst, which means I understand the skill involved in doing a magic burst. Oh and I updated that imgur link for you, I went out and did a whole magic burst just for you. Look at that, it's Thunder VI, a spell only BLMs can do. It was REALLY hard to pull it off, but I managed to do it with some practice.
By llAKs0nll 2022-11-16 14:07:57  
I MB all the time for Kei on my SMN, and it's BRAINDEAD. You stand still and do nothing for 20-30 seconds, then hit a single macro, and then go back to your netflix show.

BUSTED bro. You are Factually describing SUMMONER atm rather than BLACK MAGE.

Idc that you paid GS to Master some Job you don’t even know How to Play……
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-16 14:08:49  
OK, how about this for a test then, since you're the master BLM and I've never played it before, obviously.

Explain the process of magic bursting on BLM in as many excruciating steps as possible, include all the intricate and important decision making you're doing, and all the steps it takes, and all the macros you have to press in order to do it.

As a bonus, since I offered it up as an example, let's go with Kei. Scenario: your SAM has just finished making a Light skillchain. What does a TRUE MASTER BLM do in this situation to differentiate themselves from a simple n00b who bought his CP?
By llAKs0nll 2022-11-16 14:10:29  
FastCast alone just made your prior statement which I quoted —> LMFAO

You are confusing SMN with BLM…….

YES. I AGREE 100% w/ you that SMN is a JOKE on MB duty!
You obviously don’t know BLM at all whatsoever…..
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-16 14:25:26  
It's funny that you quote me so much on that post but conveniently neglect the next sentence : I've actually magic bursted with 3 characters on the same skillchain.

You care to guess what those other jobs were? BLM and SCH. I have magic bursted a skillchain with SMN, BLM, and SCH at once, and I'm sure I've done at least 6 MBs on a single SC for the Omen objective, with no addon, lua, script, or anything other than my two hands. It's absurdly easy to do. I've magic bursted on PLD, WHM, SMN, RDM, BLM, SCH, GEO, BLU, BRD at least. It's not some unique amazing skill that only true master BLMs can do. It's an insanely easy skill that anyone with an ounce of brain matter can accomplish, as demonstrated by the fact that you seem to have done it before despite not being able to put together a coherent argument or keep track of a conversation to save your life.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-16 14:35:32  
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-11-16 14:37:39  
I MB all the time for Kei on my SMN, and it's BRAINDEAD. You stand still and do nothing for 20-30 seconds, then hit a single macro, and then go back to your netflix show.
Every 20-30 secondshe does a MB on 18 accounts simultaneously cuz he is Highest of Skill ofc.

Yet I am not supposed to point out to him just how ridiculous such a statement actually sounds in the ears of those whom play BLM cuz now he wants to prove himself as PRO on MB Duty.

OK. You WIN guy. That makes perfect sense. Thx for the input.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-16 14:40:40  
Still waiting for that explanation of what makes MBing on BLM really complicated and difficult.
 Phoenix.Phayde
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Phlegra
By Phoenix.Phayde 2022-11-16 14:42:40  
In fairness, any job can be braindead if you play it that way. I enjoy all the jobs I play because I try to play them well. Sure, I could just hit one macro on my BLM and go back to Netflix until the next SC comes along. Or, I could time my spells perfectly to land 3 magic bursts per skillchain, making sure to keep -ja stacks applied, and spend the 3 seconds of downtime reapplying a buff before the next SC. I mean, play the game how you want to. I play as a try-hard and have a good time doing it.

On the topic of nuke wall:
IMO, the nuke wall isn't the challenge it once was. The power creep in recent months has begun to catch up to the nuke wall, albeit not by intelligent design on the part of SE. Nuke wall penalty caps at 60% and is calculated before the hard damage cap of 99,999 is applied. Therefore, if you can reach 250,000 pre-cap damage, you won't even notice the 60% nuke wall penalty. With ML50, Idris GEO, SCH weather, 31% Quick draw bonus, 25% -ja spell bonus, etc., 250k pre-cap damage isn't as unreachable as it sounds for a BLM in Sortie. When your RUN has Rayke applied, the nuke wall practically doesn't exist. Ongo is a different story because of the high elemental resistance and job restrictions, but serves as a unique challenge in its own right.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-11-16 14:51:32  
It’s like me stating….
”WHM + RDM + SCH are all BRAINDEAD Jobs”
( I do actually indeed say such about GEO but I’m actually an Idris GEO myself )

You can dismiss every Job in the Game as being “No Skill” if you wanted to do such & admittedly even GEO I refuse to play as anything more than a Bubble-Ho on the Job. So YES indeed I DO make GEO into being a “Braindead” Job since that’s How I actually play that Job myself.

I play every Mage Job. I check him. He literally plays nothing Mage but bashing BLM as being “No Skill” so yeah w/e. I am done.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-16 15:04:11  
Siren.Akson said: »
but bashing BLM as being “No Skill” so yeah w/e. I am done.

Whew. Maybe we can get back to BLM talk.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-11-16 15:05:39  
I play every Mage Job. I check him. He literally plays nothing Mage but bashing BLM as being “No Skill” so yeah w/e. I am done.

LOL he says to the person who has master BRD, SCH, BLM, RDM, SMN, and WHM, unironically
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-16 15:07:07  
Phoenix.Phayde said: »
On the topic of nuke wall:
IMO, the nuke wall isn't the challenge it once was.

Yes it is, because there are more then just a single BLM present in the party. A single BLM isn't going to even trigger the wall due to it's 5s duration and spells 3s global cooldown. The RDM, SCH and GEO are the ones hurt the most by the nuke wall.

The reason this is pertinent to BLM is that individual damage doesn't matter, only total party damage. 5 second elemental resist reduction hurts total party damage, making burst strategies less attractive vs setups that don't rely on bursts for primary damage. Removing that wall would increase total party damage by allowing the supporting casters to contribute additional damage.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2022-11-16 15:11:05  
Depends on Targets though.

For instance vs Kei

Not even sure Why but the “Nuke Wall” literally appears to be nonexistent vs Kei. Have done countless runs via Dual BLM and never once saw -60% MBD Reduction occur. Not sure why but yeah.

BLM vs BLM is OK from my perspective but RDM or GEO or SCH vs BLM kinda just NERFS the BLM if they land MB after the other Jobs in order.

We also predominantly used a PLD so no Rayke nor Gambit and never bothered popping Subtle Sorcery.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-16 15:13:18  

For instance vs Kei

Not even sure Why but the “Nuke Wall” literally appears to be nonexistent vs Kei. Have done countless runs via Dual BLM and never once saw -60% MBD Reduction occur. Not sure why but yeah.

BLM vs BLM is OK from my perspective but RDM or GEO or SCH vs BLM kinda just NERFS the BLM if they land MB after the other Jobs in order.

You clearly haven't been in bursting strats with competent SCHs and GEOs in the past 3 years. Forget any nuanced discussion of gearsets and the nuke wall- those SCH feet alone allows a SCH with solid sets to spike numbers on same-tier spells that match or exceed a well-geared BLM.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2022-11-16 15:16:20  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

For instance vs Kei

You clearly haven't been in bursting strats with competent SCHs and GEOs in the past 3 years. Forget any nuanced discussion of gearsets and the nuke wall- those SCH feet alone allows a SCH with solid sets to spike numbers on same-tier spells that match or exceed a well-geared BLM.
TRUE indeed. I believe it. Those Boots, especially +3, are extremely OP
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-16 15:25:19  
SCH, GEO and RDM can all burst for nice numbers, not as nice as BLM, but still very nice. It's a similar situation with COR and BRD vs a pure DPS like WAR / SAM / DRK. They aren't as strong as the pure DPS but can significantly contribute to the only thing that matters, Total Party Damage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-11-16 15:33:40  
The last two pages have been painful to read.

Kei definitely has a nuke wall. He never said BLM required no skill, just that bursting is boring and easy and he's not wrong. BLM is not a busy job unless you're playing with DDs who actively seek out a multi-player multi-step skillchain and keep you bursting endlessly, which I haven't seen much of outside of statics that care to accomodate someone on BLM/SCH/RDM/GEO nuking or Ongo.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2022-11-16 15:35:35  
Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »
Kei definitely has a nuke wall.
I apologize I am indeed mistaken. I do indeed see “Nuke Wall” when simultaneously casting Firaja vs Kei. Regardless of other moments I see via upload that “Nuke Wall” kicked in. I am mistaken. I had to look back since those Fights were recorded Months ago.

My mistake.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-11-16 15:44:42  
Then you missed bolster/rayke being used, you're narrowly avoiding the timer for the wall or it has been that long since you've taken BLM to Kei that you're recalling from poor memory. I can visibly trigger the burst wall on my own with a triple MB on Kei.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-16 15:48:27  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Agree on this, the jobs are different in tons of other ways, and BLM generally out-performs SCH and GEO, however...I just went and did a Thunder V on SCH to compare to the Thunder VI I did earlier and it was 99,999 compared to 88,800 BLM Thunder VI. So yeah, SCH, especially with Ebullience, can pull crazy numbers.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22