Player Warning: Alybrand (SensationlLs Shellholder)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Player warning: Alybrand (SensationlLs Shellholder)
Player warning: Alybrand (SensationlLs Shellholder)
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 10:36:13  
I'm wondering, why do people charge others for relic?

Since, you know, the people who are killing the ***is helping the LS get richer (since they ARE the ones who are paying for it AND taking all the coins), why are you also charging them for the gear they want?

I mean, I seriously doubt the leaders of shells can solo/duo/trio a zone and get a profit from it. Thats what other people are there for. You make gil, they get their ***. Thats the whole point.

Points used just for members who been there longer than others, thats also bull. You won't be able to keep new members for very long if you do that, the attrition rate would go down if people require that.

Relics should only be restricted by who can equip it at that time (meaning if you have BLM at 74, you should be able to lot on that Sorcerer's Cloak >.>).

On the topic about English in English Forums: If you can understand what the person is trying to say, thats great.

If you can't, ask them to rephrase it instead of flaming them for having bad english.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-11 10:39:44  
Korpg said:

Since, you know, the people who are killing the ***is helping the LS get richer (since they ARE the ones who are paying for it AND taking all the coins), why are you also charging them for the gear they want?

I mean, I seriously doubt the leaders of shells can solo/duo/trio a zone and get a profit from it. Thats what other people are there for. You make gil, they get their ***. Thats the whole point.

Points used just for members who been there longer than others, thats also bull. You won't be able to keep new members for very long if you do that, the attrition rate would go down if people require that.

Relics should only be restricted by who can equip it at that time (meaning if you have BLM at 74, you should be able to lot on that Sorcerer's Cloak >.>).

On the topic about English in English Forums: If you can understand what the person is trying to say, thats great.

If you can't, ask them to rephrase it instead of flaming them for having bad english.

+1 I support this statement 100% lol
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 10:42:19  
Holy ***, Fyyvoaa and I agree on something?

Is the world ending or what?

Wait a minute, everyone has been agreeing with me lately.............

don't tell me my viewpoints are changing to conform with society!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sequdaz
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: sequdaz
By Ragnarok.Sequdaz 2009-10-11 11:02:38  
Korpg said:

in our LS Dynamis profit is used to buy sky triggers and other consumables(Reraises, echo drops, poison potions, icarus wings etc) we have never ever actually farmed sky except maybe poping olla with a bought water so your whole point is null.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-11 11:07:26  
Sequdaz said:
Korpg said:

in our LS Dynamis profit is used to buy sky triggers and other consumables(Reraises, echo drops, poison potions, icarus wings etc) we have never ever actually farmed sky except maybe poping olla with a bought water so your whole point is null.

I lol'd.
Imo that is a waste and a half of money :3.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 11:09:11  
Sequdaz said:

Why buy the farm pops?

When, a good linkshell can get 3-4 of each god pops in only 2 days worth of farming for 4-5 hours each....

Then spam sky when you want to.

Then switch to sea and do the same thing all over again...

Buying pop sets just show how much effort you would put in anything to be honest....
[+]
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-11 11:11:56  
Korpg said:
Sequdaz said:

Why buy the farm pops?

When, a good linkshell can get 3-4 of each god pops in only 2 days worth of farming for 4-5 hours each....

Buying pop sets just show how much effort you would put in anything to be honest....

^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Toqichan
user: Tokichan
By Ragnarok.Toqichan 2009-10-11 11:37:12  
You must read the forum often. You should have 800 points at least to lot any of these AF and you didn't even do events with us lately and then you want to lot something that isn't free lot lol you don't deserve it man, we work for these drops, you should do the same.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-11 12:02:40  
He had more points. Just because the guy doesn't do as many events as you guys is ***. Just because you *** nerds are on the game all day every day doesn't mean this guy should be screwed when he has the points.

*** elitist 7 day a week nerd ***. That's all you guys are acting like with this "You don't deserve it" nonsense.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2009-10-11 12:05:16  
Korpg said:
Sequdaz said:

Why buy the farm pops?

By not farming those pop sets you have 2 days free time do go to Limbus/einherjar/whatever instead of sitting in Sky and xping on placeholders for few hours.
What you propose to be done with Dynamis currency then? Sponsor someone's relic? Hmm, let me think - giving 1-3 people a relic weapon/Aegis or giving anyone in LS chance to get Sky Abj.? What would make majority of ppl more happy/interested?
Or maybe sell currency and give gil to run attendees? And let them buy their own Byakko pants or go kill Kirin with a WG-shout pickup?

Whatever you do, someone can always say that you could do it a different way.

It's unfortunate that Azura didn't get that AF, I can only hope it won't be sitting unused in that other person's MH.
From what I saw, Azura didn't /tell he/she had RNG75 at that time, I don't know if the other player said what level their RNG was, I doubt it. All I know, from my experience is that recently I was refused RDM AF in favor to another player, even when I had like 2x more points than that person and a damn good attendance. My RDM is 69, I openly said that in /tell and AF went to a guy who is RDM75 and is his main. I'm not crying about that as I think it was fair enough.
Decision has been made, one person is happy about that, one (maybe more) person might be unhappy about the outcome. If you (who reads this) want to give it a try, start a LS and see if you can keep every single member happy/satisfied at all times. You'l have to make decisions in less than 5min and live with the knowledge that you have just turned down several people in favor of one, even if because of their points/attendance/whatever. And god-forbid, don't you dare ever make any mistakes.

As a final note, I haven't partied with Azura much, I suspect he/she is an accomplished player and feel sorry that he feels mistreated. I hope he will still enjoy playing FFXI. Best wishes!
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 12:09:07  
Toqichan said:
You must read the forum often. You should have 800 points at least to lot any of these AF and you didn't even do events with us lately and then you want to lot something that isn't free lot lol you don't deserve it man, we work for these drops, you should do the same.

Two things wrong with this statement:

1) 800 points?????? According to your LS website about points (although it only shows a limited view of it, but still, it shows enough) you only get 5-10 points per event, basically. That means you have to attend 160 events before you can lot on relic (I bolded relic because they are the EASIEST TO GET).

2) According to the evidence, the other person who lotted the RNG relic feet had equal to less than the person making the complaint. Both of which had 220 points. That makes your 800 point rule null since the person who won had about 220 points at maximum to lot it.

So, try again, ok?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-11 12:18:03  
User submitted image
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-11 12:20:00  
Aurilius said:
He had more points. Just because the guy doesn't do as many events as you guys is ***. Just because you *** nerds are on the game all day every day doesn't mean this guy should be screwed when he has the points.

*** elitist 7 day a week nerd ***. That's all you guys are acting like with this "You don't deserve it" nonsense.

Took the words out of my mouth. The 12-hour-a-day hypernerds with 950 days of play time turn this game into a second job.. a really shitty second job where instead of getting paid, you just get an imaginary pair of boots once every couple of months.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2009-10-11 12:26:23  
Korpg said:
Toqichan said:

Two things wrong with this statement:

1) 800 points?????? According to your LS website about points (although it only shows a limited view of it, but still, it shows enough) you only get 5-10 points per event, basically. That means you have to attend 160 events before you can lot on relic (I bolded relic because they are the EASIEST TO GET).

2) According to the evidence, the other person who lotted the RNG relic feet had equal to less than the person making the complaint. Both of which had 220 points. That makes your 800 point rule null since the person who won had about 220 points at maximum to lot it.

So, try again, ok?

Guess what - probably noone else with 800+ points was interested in this AF. If someone with more points wanted this AF, it would go to that person.
As for earning points, 5-10 is for a single Zeni T1-T2 pop, helping with CoP mission etc. Dynamis, depending on zone is 40-60-80 points, Limbus/Einherjar 10-20. THe more difficult/time consuming run, the more it's worth. Simple.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 12:26:27  
Zirael said:

By not farming those pop sets you have 2 days free time do go to Limbus/einherjar/whatever instead of sitting in Sky and xping on placeholders for few hours.

By not farming these pop sets, you have wasted valuable resources that your currency sold for (considering that you get at least 200 coins per run) to do other stuff like Einherjar, buy another dynamis, or generally paid for limbus (like my linkshell does, we pay for limbus and give coins to people in exchange for points). Any extra gil could be exchanged for points (at a set ratio) by either straight gil exchange or synth mats at a reduced cost. Instead, you are spending your dynamis gil on something that takes 1 hour worth of effort to do. At most!

Quote:

What you propose to be done with Dynamis currency then? Sponsor someone's relic? Hmm, let me think - giving 1-3 people a relic weapon/Aegis or giving anyone in LS chance to get Sky Abj.? What would make majority of ppl more happy/interested?

Effort. You can farm in sky once per month and have enough pop sets for doing 1 set of gods 1 day out of each week for that same month (considering that you can get 3-4 god sets per 2 days of farming). Instead, you use the currency you sold to buy 1 god pop every week (meaning only 1 Byakko per week, instead of 1 set of gods per week). All it takes is a little effort in your linkshell's part (hell, the hardest part would be to farm the dios, and any BLM in your linkshell worth his/her salt can solo statues until one drops, that saves your entire linkshell from having to farm dios period) to get gods killed, Kirin killed, and everyone gets their ***.

Quote:

Or maybe sell currency and give gil to run attendees? And let them buy their own Byakko pants or go kill Kirin with a WG-shout pickup?

Nothing wrong with that. Do you do that?

Quote:

It's unfortunate that Azura didn't get that AF, I can only hope it won't be sitting unused in that other person's MH.

I think that has been proven that it will happen until the person who won the lot gets RNG to the appropreate level. You really should reevaluate your people's job levels more to be honest.

Quote:

From what I saw, Azura didn't /tell he/she had RNG75 at that time, I don't know if the other player said what level their RNG was, I doubt it.

Thats for the leaders to research if they want to have a sucessful shell.
Quote:
All I know, from my experience is that recently I was refused RDM AF in favor to another player, even when I had like 2x more points than that person and a damn good attendance. My RDM is 69, I openly said that in /tell and AF went to a guy who is RDM75 and is his main. I'm not crying about that as I think it was fair enough.

Why bring it up then?

Quote:

Decision has been made, one person is happy about that, one (maybe more) person might be unhappy about the outcome. If you (who reads this) want to give it a try, start a LS and see if you can keep every single member happy/satisfied at all times.

Um.... I'm an officer of a big endgame linkshell on Asura. We have a lot of members who are very respected among the Asurian community, and our attrition rate is very high (for those who don't know, attrition means to keep people). I would say that my friends are very happy with the way my linkshell is being run.
Quote:

You'l have to make decisions in less than 5min and live with the knowledge that you have just turned down several people in favor of one, even if because of their points/attendance/whatever. And god-forbid, don't you dare ever make any mistakes.

Oh, I do that every dynamis. Except, I don't deny people the right to lot. See, they are helping me so why should I deny them the right to lot whatever they wish to lot, within reason?
Quote:

As a final note, I haven't partied with Azura much, I suspect he/she is an accomplished player and feel sorry that he feels mistreated. I hope he will still enjoy playing FFXI. Best wishes!

Good quote. Shows at least some remorse.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 12:32:22  
Zirael said:

Guess what - probably noone else with 800+ points was interested in this AF. If someone with more points wanted this AF, it would go to that person.
As for earning points, 5-10 is for a single Zeni T1-T2 pop, helping with CoP mission etc. Dynamis, depending on zone is 40-60-80 points, Limbus/Einherjar 10-20. THe more difficult/time consuming run, the more it's worth. Simple.

Why deny anyone the right to lot on them if they have a job at 75 and wished (by placement of /seacom) to lot it?

Bolded statement:
User submitted image

According to this, the most anyone can get for any dynamis is 50 points. Point costs are 30/70 depending on the drop. Why do you have to have 800 points to lot anyway? You have the points (from other events, assuming that all points are equal from all events, like you said they were) then why not lot?
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 12:33:19  
Edit: Double post! Damn you internet!!!!!
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-11 12:46:18  
Gonna have to agree with Korpg on this one. He's nailed some pretty good stuff.

You can't have a point based system, then award gear to people based on other factors. Then you introduce favoritism and the whole LS gets unbalanced. If you are going by some obscure lotting system that only LS leaders know, then you are bound to screw up, and screw people over. The members of your LS MUST know EXACTLY how the lotting systems work in order to be informed and to alleviate drama, such as this.

If the OP had the job at a level where he could wear the gear, and he wanted it, and he had the points... He should have at least gotten to lot alongside the other guy. At the very least, he should have gotten a shot at it. To deny him completely because he misses events is wrong. He made enough events to accumulate some points. Why would you deny him from using them?

If I had points and then took a 3 month break from FFXI. I'd like to know that all the work I did for years wasn't flushed down the toilet when I got back.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-11 12:52:23  
Buying pops is better for some linkshells depending on what time they do events and how many linkshells do sky on that server. They may get very unlucky with the NMs or not having dios drop which can be a huge pain in the ***. Took my shell about 6 hours to get 1 dio and some linkshells just don't want to put their members through that. I don't see anything wrong with buying pops if they have the extra gil for it.
 Ragnarok.Azura
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-10-11 14:04:45  
Sequdaz said:
200 points is 2~3 events, you did 3 dynamis runs and 1 ZNM then came here complaining about ls lotting rules?
Alybrand may not be the best at leading a LS but you have no rights to complain while being a less than a week in the ls.

and lastly i came to realize, lavitz doesn't even have RNG75 and is allowed to lot them?....
Having the job at 75 never meant you have higher chances at loting, since the creation of the LS we have distributed items to members who are leveling the jobs(Haidates to Lv55s, Shura body to MNK60s etc).

Later on Aly goes on to tell me I wasn't allowed to lot because I'm not a fulltime member. Apparently Lavitz has JUST joined and attended a weeks worth of events.
You have joined at 09/11/09 and 'till 10/09/09 you have done 4 events only, Lavits has joined at 10/05/09 and did 8 full events.
Do you see something wrong here?

Now, I live in a completely different time zone so please help me, maybe my thought process is all wrong but wouldn't one be a member if they were given a pearl and are on the list for points? (only separate list of points they have are for salvage.) Even more would you invite a non-member to dynamis? I'm sorry if i ask so much to lot what i deserve and dont live on FFXI. Also I apologize for going to school, work and sleeping. How dare I not make your 3am-11am events. I'm deeply sorry *sarcasm*.
Joining a GMT timezone LS was your choice, you should have looked for a LS matching your timezone rather than whine in here that you have school, work etc one month after joining the ls.

Sequ, you've been away. So either you haven't given me my full points even or someone else has been updating it w/o telling you. I've attended 4 ZNM days and 3 Dynamis.

IDK about you but 9/11-10/09 looks more like a month and I'm still here? or rather i should say I was still there.

As for my whining, I wasn't. I joined to do ZNM and Dynamis, that's all, even still why should I be rejected. Same thing applies for HNMLs' that create separate shells to do Dynamis and invite other players to help support their relic building. You just can't give people pieces because they have joined your HNMLs (I know yours isn't), it's a big nono. TheCrew was doing this and look where they ended up.

The fact remains, I sent all three of you(sacks/shellholder) a gracious PM on your forums wondering why this is happening. Only person to reply was Aly. I liked playing with you Sequ but when you don't speak up for your members, you may as well be a part of this playerwarning.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 14:36:22  
Dracondria said:
Buying pops is better for some linkshells depending on what time they do events and how many linkshells do sky on that server. They may get very unlucky with the NMs or not having dios drop which can be a huge pain in the ***. Took my shell about 6 hours to get 1 dio and some linkshells just don't want to put their members through that. I don't see anything wrong with buying pops if they have the extra gil for it.

That may be true, but still.

When we do sky on Asura, my linkshell has about 2-3 others competing with them at all times. Instead of just buying the pops, we have teams do ***.

1 team go and kills Mother Globe
1 team farms Diorites
1 team kills PHs for Despot.

When that team fulfils their role, we send them to do something else. Its not like you have to have ALL of your people doing the same thing together.

And teams can consist of between 1-12 people. 1 person farms Dios/waters while 8 people kill MG and another 4 people kill Despot.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-11 16:11:04  
thats awesome your ls works like that, but not every ls works the same. saying that buying pops is representative of how much effort your willing to put into something is one of the most presumptuous things ive ever heard.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-11 16:12:06  
Blurr said:
thats awesome your ls works like that, but not every ls works the same. saying that buying pops is representative of how much effort your willing to put into something is one of the most presumptuous things ive ever heard.

still doesn't change the fact that most LS's have figured out ways to farm efficiently and wouldn't need to buy the pop items. It's like slapping them in the face.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-11 16:19:43  
thats presumptuous as hell too. sure a lot of ls's farm sky/sea efficiently and will never have a reason to buy pops much less want to. but your talking like all ls's do the same things and are the same kinds of ls's. you might have one group that only does dyna/limbus but OCCASIONALLY does other stuff like sky/sea, you might have a limbus/dyna/ein group that only does just that, you might have a dyna only group, sky only group, sea only, any combination, or even straight up a genuine hnmls that does EVVERYTHING. groups can only do the best they can with what they have, so if ppl buy pops, or team up with other groups, or ANYTHING at all... whos to say its right or wrong until people actually are getting unfair treatment?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 16:23:36  
Blurr said:
thats presumptuous as hell too. sure a lot of ls's farm sky/sea efficiently and will never have a reason to buy pops much less want to. but your talking like all ls's do the same things and are the same kinds of ls's. you might have one group that only does dyna/limbus but OCCASIONALLY does other stuff like sky/sea, you might have a limbus/dyna/ein group that only does just that, you might have a dyna only group, sky only group, sea only, any combination, or even straight up a genuine hnmls that does EVVERYTHING. groups can only do the best they can with what they have, so if ppl buy pops, or team up with other groups, or ANYTHING at all... whos to say its right or wrong until people actually are getting unfair treatment?

But, this LS in question is giving unfair treatment, as proven by the OP.

And, by the looks of it, it does everything like a HNMLS does. So, why can't it farm in sky? Does it think it doesn't need to? Or do they not want to put the effort into doing it?
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-11 16:36:38  
to all those questions id say i dont know, and personally dont care. im not even speaking about anyone or anything in particular when i say not everyone does everything the same.. its presumptuous as hell saying someone is wrong or bad or stupid or anything at all for that matter buying pops, or outsourcing help, or id even know... you cant just assume everyone does everything, and perfectly.. is all im saying. long established ls's that do it ALL easily, and actually do it ALL fairly, are very few and far between.
but in regards to this actual original poster.. as i said in an earlier reply, if all this info is right, yeah it looks like you got screwed. and if it WAS worth severing his ties with the ls over, then more power to the guy i guess.
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-11 16:42:05  
worth and value of items, and the ways about getting them, is completely subject to the beholder. a novio costing 20m might be totally not worth it to you for whatever reasons, but could be totally worth it to someone else for whatever other reasons. i wouldnt call you stupid or wrong for not buying it, and i wouldnt call someone stupid or wrong for actually buying it. every persons game is different, every shell is different, everything for everyone is just different. just because buying pops isnt economical for YOUR ls in particular doesnt mean it cant be for others is all i was ever really trying to say.
 Ragnarok.Sequdaz
user: sequdaz
By Ragnarok.Sequdaz 2009-10-11 17:07:49  
Korpg, you are assuming stuff and arguing about them.
We do 2~3hours events, starting at 19:00 and ending at ~22:00, we don't do 5~6hours events like you do and we don't do full week events.

the LS bank have been enough to sponser Dynamis runs, Limbus runs, Salvage upgrades, Einherjar & Sky triggers.

Now tell me, If the ls bank is enough to afford all of the above on top of 3~4 Sky pops every week why are you arguing that we HAVE to farm sky? Why do you care so much about farming sky?

Let me enlighten you, we actually farm sky outside the events. we DO NOT farm sky during event time(which is pretty limited due to our casual playtime), that's where we are buying the triggers from most of the time.

That and 'till the bank goes below 1m i don't care about farming sky triggers.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-10-11 17:13:51  
Sequdaz said:
Korpg, you are assuming stuff and arguing about them.
We do 2~3hours events, starting at 19:00 and ending at ~22:00, we don't do 5~6hours events like you do and we don't do full week events.

the LS bank have been enough to sponser Dynamis runs, Limbus runs, Salvage upgrades, Einherjar & Sky triggers.

Now tell me, If the ls bank is enough to afford all of the above on top of 3~4 Sky pops every week why are you arguing that we HAVE to farm sky? Why do you care so much about farming sky?

Let me enlighten you, we actually farm sky outside the events. we DO NOT farm sky during event time(which is pretty limited due to our casual playtime), that's where we are buying the triggers from most of the time.

That and 'till the bank goes below 1m i don't care about farming sky triggers.

goes all the more to my point. everyone does things differently. until ppl ARE actually getting unfair treatment, there is no right or wrong way to do things. and again, im not speaking about the oposters problem.. im just generally saying dont hold your nose up at ppl because they dont do somthing the same way as you.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-10-11 17:19:24  
Zirael said:
Guess what - probably noone else with 800+ points was interested in this AF. If someone with more points wanted this AF, it would go to that person

What you're saying is that the screenshot is wrong. Your shell awards points based on attended events, these points (From what I gather) stack. Therefore, more events = more points.

Nowhere do I see it stated that you have to have 800 points to lot, and more importantly, that you have to have more points than someone else to lot.

Again, what I'm getting from Dynamis (1.4) is that all you require is the points to "buy" the AF. If both had the points, is it not logical by your written rules that both should've been able to lot?

And should you reply with a "More points than this person" thing, according to the screenshot, Lavitz did in fact have less points.

In Summary:

What's the point in posting rules and regulations if you're not going to follow them? Hell, at the rate you're going, and this is presumptuous, you might as well ignore any MAIN or SUB lot thing you have going to. I mean, if you're gonna be bias, might as well go all out.
[+]