フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 97 98 99
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-07 15:51:11  
A few initial thoughts.

A SCH isn't going to help your CORs at all for wave 1 and 2, nor for wave 3 boss when they're using Leaden Salute. Already getting double darkness. If they're using Wildfire on wave 3, then yes, getting firestorm II helps a great deal.

Your RNGs are the biggest reason to bring that SCH, to combat the double darkness weather hurting Trueflight. Time for the comparison issues.

1. Adloquium is only 10TP/tic, meaning getting more than an extra 50 TP per WS is pretty unlikely(with perpetuance AND empy+1 hands, a total of 1530TP over 6 minutes...). Crystal Blessing's extra 250TP will far outweigh any benefit of Adloquium. However, if your RNGs are saving TP to 3k frequently, Crystal Blessing's benefit goes right out the window. So this is very dependent on the play style of your RNGs in terms of benefit.

2. Shiva's Favor (+45MAB). This is going to always be a benefit, regardless of your TP level, which certainly is helpful. Is it more beneficial than an extra 15% damage from double weather effects? Probably not, but would need to check with the actual buffers on your shooters.

But to me, considering how lackluster Adloquium is in the overall scheme of things, the real debate comes down to this: if your RNGs are WS'ing the instant they hit 1k+ TP, going with a SMN will probably out-pace getting weather II, assuming Light Obis on your RNGs and Aurorastorm I is still present. If they're saving TP to 3k, the Aurorastorm II will probably win out b/c Crystal Blessing becomes worthless and 45 MAB, while huge, isn't going to boost your Trueflight 15%.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 15:56:48  
I don't see why you're not using both. it's not like you can't.

Likely already swapping in a bard for songs too, so what's the difference. Get all the sch buffs then put them back in the tank party.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-07 16:09:51  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It'd be pretty close given the CORs do not need aurorastorm. I would lean toward the SMN if cors and rngs are relatively evenly equipped and all 4 have mythic.
Exactly my thought. Cause the cors aren't really benefitting at all. And rangers would probably be breaking even with 45mab and crystal blessings. We'll give it a go next time then.

On top of this. Fenrir buffs for more acc and AGI. I can't think of all smn buffs, but seems it'll come out on top.

Edit: I don't think Fenrir would really do anything. maybe lower the mobs evasion a smidge. Growl's attribute boost probably helps
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-08 07:16:54  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
A few initial thoughts.

A SCH isn't going to help your CORs at all for wave 1 and 2, nor for wave 3 boss when they're using Leaden Salute. Already getting double darkness. If they're using Wildfire on wave 3, then yes, getting firestorm II helps a great deal.

Your RNGs are the biggest reason to bring that SCH, to combat the double darkness weather hurting Trueflight. Time for the comparison issues.

1. Adloquium is only 10TP/tic, meaning getting more than an extra 50 TP per WS is pretty unlikely(with perpetuance AND empy+1 hands, a total of 1530TP over 6 minutes...). Crystal Blessing's extra 250TP will far outweigh any benefit of Adloquium. However, if your RNGs are saving TP to 3k frequently, Crystal Blessing's benefit goes right out the window. So this is very dependent on the play style of your RNGs in terms of benefit.

2. Shiva's Favor (+45MAB). This is going to always be a benefit, regardless of your TP level, which certainly is helpful. Is it more beneficial than an extra 15% damage from double weather effects? Probably not, but would need to check with the actual buffers on your shooters.

But to me, considering how lackluster Adloquium is in the overall scheme of things, the real debate comes down to this: if your RNGs are WS'ing the instant they hit 1k+ TP, going with a SMN will probably out-pace getting weather II, assuming Light Obis on your RNGs and Aurorastorm I is still present. If they're saving TP to 3k, the Aurorastorm II will probably win out b/c Crystal Blessing becomes worthless and 45 MAB, while huge, isn't going to boost your Trueflight 15%.

We dont hold till 3k. We spam right when we have TP.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't see why you're not using both. it's not like you can't.

Likely already swapping in a bard for songs too, so what's the difference. Get all the sch buffs then put them back in the tank party.

Yeah. We could swap in smn and schs and bards and probably win the zone with 30 mins to spare at the end. Might be easier to do with mules and such. But since we are already winning, we dont put that kind of stress on 3 different people having to constantly drop. Just really wanting to improve the party set up now.
We are all mythic. So everything does seem to lean more to smn over sch.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-08 11:44:40  
You could have the smn sub sch and get the single weather effect. modest compromise.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-08 13:27:22  
Anything else worth OH for savage blade other than Vampirism?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-08 13:54:05  
Or you could do
COR
Cor
Rng
Rng
Geo
Brd - racc honor agi agi

Outside rdm/sch for flurry2 and storm1
By SimonSes 2019-11-08 14:43:31  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Or you could do
COR
Cor
Rng
Rng
Geo
Brd - racc honor agi agi

Isnt Flurry a minimal gain anyway? Its good if you dont care to build capped snapshot preshot, but otherwise its just more rapid shot (that you still have quite a lot without flurry anyway)
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-08 14:58:37  
Or you could do
COR
Cor
Rng
Rng
Geo
Brd - racc honor agi agi

Storm2 cant be used from outside your own party. I'd assume storm1 is the same way.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-08 16:25:17  
SimonSes said: »
Or you could do
COR
Cor
Rng
Rng
Geo
Brd - racc honor agi agi

Isnt Flurry a minimal gain anyway? Its good if you dont care to build capped snapshot preshot, but otherwise its just more rapid shot (that you still have quite a lot without flurry anyway)

Flurry is straight snapshot, that allows more Rapid Shot to be more present in your gear. Because we can cap Snapshot w/o the spell, it feels a little different than melees and Haste, but imagine this scenario:

A heavy DD is able to cap all forms of Haste thru just gear, but receiving the Haste Spell allows them to remove some of that +Haste gear and add in +STP or +multiattack. It would be a massive boon to be able to remove that +Haste gear in place of those more potent stats.

A Ranger or Corsair who no longer needs to account for 30 Snapshot (amount of Snapshot Flurry II gives you) now can free up 50% (for a Ranger) of their gear dedicated to Snapshot and add more Rapid Shot gear. Since +Rapid Shot randomly reduces the delay its not a static benefit, but more of a fluctuating one. But its definitely noticable.

Not to mention the greatest benefit of receiving Flurry/Flurry II- it enables much easier use of the Amini Caban +1 in the body slot, which is immeasurably better than simply capping Snapshot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-08 16:30:01  
Asura.Pusheen said: »
Anything else worth OH for savage blade other than Vampirism?

While I don't use Savage Blade on RNG that often, when I do mainhand Naegling I typically offhand Blurred Knife+1 simply for faster TP building. Using TP bonus gun along with a Moonshade Earring with TP bonus means you can WS between 1500-1750 for incredibly good results. That extra TP will without question out-perform the extra stats from an offhand weapon. Another option might be Odium, in particular if you don't need the extra +attack on Vampirism. +13STR along with +13MND definitely out-performs +15STR for raw stats in your Savage Blade build.
[+]
By Huehuehue 2019-11-08 18:51:04  
Sharanga Path B question-
Is the follow-up attack Ranged or Melee ?

Also I really like Dolichenus + Gastra synergy for some lowman situations.
Great SC options and Def down with abrasion if needed.
Decimation > Trueflight for Light.
Ruinator > Decimation > Trueflight for Fusion to Light.
 Asura.Whatyeaokay
By Asura.Whatyeaokay 2019-11-08 19:28:08  
Sharanga path B is for ranged attacks....the follow up attack never is proc'd with recycle either...only first shot. You will go through -a lot- more ammo than you normally do. Practically a forever double shot up in most cases when it's capped out.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-10 11:35:41  
Fellow rangers - for physical dmg, how does Gandiva r15 spamming jishnus vs Armageddon r15 spamming last stand compare? Including am3 crit sets during tp phase for both, assume hate isn’t an issue, would be interested to see impact of optimal distance in the comparison. Thanks!
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-10 11:48:28  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Fellow rangers - for physical dmg, how does Gandiva r15 spamming jishnus vs Armageddon r15 spamming last stand compare? Including am3 crit sets during tp phase for both, assume hate isn’t an issue, would be interested to see impact of optimal distance in the comparison. Thanks!

I use to use Armageddon for last stand before fomal. I hardly ever used gandiva, expect for fights we knew we were gonna win regardless. So basically just to play with. I really dont know to be honest, but Gandiva has to be buffed a whole lot differently. Boost-Dex, dex songs over agi ones, assassins roll, sams roll, chaos roll. So on so forth. I'd absolutely love to see it get fully buffed to see what it is capable of. But good luck with that lol
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-11-10 12:18:42  
Huehuehue said: »
Sharanga Path B question-
Is the follow-up attack Ranged or Melee ?

Also I really like Dolichenus + Gastra synergy for some lowman situations.
Great SC options and Def down with abrasion if needed.
Decimation > Trueflight for Light.
Ruinator > Decimation > Trueflight for Fusion to Light.
Asura.Whatyeaokay said: »
Sharanga path B is for ranged attacks....the follow up attack never is proc'd with recycle either...only first shot. You will go through -a lot- more ammo than you normally do. Practically a forever double shot up in most cases when it's capped out.

Just like WYO said, it is considered a ranged attack, when you have doubleshot up, with relic body, you will see (4) ranged attacks in the chat log. Gaining TP with it is rediculously fast, I'm usually in a 1 hit build with doubleshot up, and 2 hit without it (with sam's roll). Unfortunately without the Gastra bonus damage to Trueflight, it will parse a huge 30-40% behind because of just WS damage differences between the weapons. But when I was using it in dyna wave 3, I would tend to have shot 200 more weaponskills above the other two rangers.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-14 16:45:07  
Hi.

Ive been spamming herculean in DM campaign in the hope of getting a few refresh, th or maybe some high WSD+.

So far, ive been getting very high mab but zero WSD.

So i would like to ask if anyone have a rough approximation about WSD / MAB for TrueFlight. Im wondering if maybe some high MAB even without WSD piece can cover most caps on an Herc with normal stones.

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-14 16:54:39  
I mean to beat 35mab/5wsd which is cap from fern you would probably need 45+mab prolly closer to 50(I think 50 is DM cap)
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-14 17:12:10  
I don't have a trueflight calculator, but in the leaden sheet it's like 16 mab (with my gear) to beat 5 wsd. As far as I know, it should be pretty close to the same for trueflight.

But.... getting high mab and wsd is incredibly tough. never mind getting agi with it. So you might be better off keeping the high MAB and hanging onto it until if/when you get something with both.

EDIT: 16 MORE MAB. Not 16 total. Just to be clear.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-14 17:46:43  
Anyone seen 50mab from DM?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-14 18:00:46  
My best MAB DM augment is +49 on a pair of Merlinic Crackows. 50 does seems like the cap though, from other posts on FFXIAH people have it on other stats like Atk: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53643/thanks-oseema/2/#3433702

Maybe someone has a MAB+50 to share though...

My personal best MAB aug on a Herculean piece is MAB+46 on head (plus TH+1). But good freaking luck getting the holy grail of high WSD, AGI, and MAB all together.

EDIT: also, for some reference - I fired off a Trueflight (3000tp, no buffs, low level bumblebee, /DRG cuz I was out messing around but offhand weapon is better for magical WS damage) with the following relevant Herculean Helm augments:
1) MAB+20 WSD+9%: 28585 damage
2) MAB+46: 28453 damage
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-14 19:22:38  

this is one of the best that Oseem has managed to give me.
[+]
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-11-14 19:53:44  
Thanks guys!

-edit 4 stacks of fern, accidentally fat fingered a mab+35 (i know i know. maga..)
the other one was a loooong time ago.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2019-11-14 19:58:39  
carmine only wins for macc. herc has higher agi.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-18 15:08:28  
Anyone seen 50mab from DM?

Was looking at the DM aug thread and noticed there was indeed a 50MAB Herc hands posted there: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48530/post-your-dark-matter-augments-here/2#3069536
[+]
By daviant 2019-11-21 19:44:15  
Does anyone know have a link to the Dyna Divergence where they were skillchaining truelight to defeat the boss, i can't seemt to find it.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-11-21 21:50:32  
daviant said: »
Does anyone know have a link to the Dyna Divergence where they were skillchaining truelight to defeat the boss, i can't seemt to find it.

Fusion > Trueflight for Light. So however you want to do Fusion with your setup, whether its sch or some other form.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-22 22:02:31  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
I use to use Armageddon for last stand before fomal

Fomal is better for last stand of course, but arma is still a strong last stand gun and pretty sure the tp crits on arma outweighs this difference when its viable to maintain?

As for the original question, has anyone compared arma vs gandiva physical dmg? assuming both R15, crit sets for tp, hate not an issue
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-11-22 22:37:05  
Proper buffs, gear etc. Gandiva is stronger technically speaking from just general white damage. Gun has infinitely better WS's though.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 97 98 99