Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 97 98 99
By ksoze 2020-07-04 03:03:42  
Im trying out rng for fun and trying to understand the job.

Got a few questions and hope you guys can help me understand.

Ive setup gearswap for preshot and midshot.
When i look at gearswap showswaps / debugmode
I see my preshot swaps in log but when i look at mu equipment i dont see the swaps happening.
Does it go so fast that you cant see it?
I feel like its not working.
Tp seems slow..

Also trying out the autora addon and I see a delay setting there.
Do you need to adjust it to your gear?

Thanks.
By ksoze 2020-07-04 03:04:32  
SimonSes said: »
ksoze said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
OK Who has actually got AGI/MAB/WSD from Oseem for Trueflight.. Just ripped through 10,000 stones and never saw that combo once.

Old post but Just for reference.
This combo is possible with taupe stones.
I have't seen great number tho.

Its possible but agi is off path, which means odds for that combo is super low and to get it with high enough numbers to beat simple maxed wsd+mab is extremely low to the point you shouldnt even try. Just go for max wsd and mab.

I assume you talk about fern then?
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-07-04 04:41:27  
ya that'll be fern cuz you can get 5% wsd. i havent had any luck with autora myself yet but i just started rng stuffs really. you could use equipviewer addon to see if your stuff is changing more easily. but even if youre in the base equipment menu you can see it change for a second.
By ksoze 2020-07-04 04:46:07  
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
ya that'll be fern cuz you can get 5% wsd. i havent had any luck with autora myself yet but i just started rng stuffs really. you could use equipviewer addon to see if your stuff is changing more easily. but even if youre in the base equipment menu you can see it change for a second.

Yeah Will try equipv

Def not seeing my carmine change atm in de base viewer

* nope not working visually, any ideas?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-04 06:47:26  
You won't see your precast. It will go right to midcast. Which is normal. (equipviewer)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-07-04 10:32:18  
//gs showswaps

You'll get notification in precast and midcast what is equipping.
By ksoze 2020-07-04 12:06:22  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
//gs showswaps

Tnx for the reply but that is what i said.
I see that changing but not the gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2020-07-04 12:18:53  
//gs showswaps

If showswaps shows the correct gear then it’s working. You cannot actually see the gear swapping for precast with your eyes. It happens too fast.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-07-04 13:07:42  
//gs showswaps

Showswap is showing the gear changing? or is not? Cause not sure what you mean by not the gear
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-04 13:59:06  
preshot/precast sets thru GearSwap only are equipped for a miniscule fraction of a second, long enough for their effects to proc then it immediately swaps to a midshot/midcast set for the damage/acc/etc stats. You literally won't see the gear swap without Showswaps giving you the printout in your chatlog. Its not possible to "visually" see the swaps happen.
By ksoze 2020-07-04 14:47:21  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Showswap is showing the gear changing? or is not? Cause not sure what you mean by not the gear

When i look at gearswap showswaps / debugmode
I see my preshot swaps in log but when i look at mu equipment i dont see the swaps happening.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
preshot/precast sets thru GearSwap only are equipped for a miniscule fraction of a second, long enough for their effects to proc then it immediately swaps to a midshot/midcast set for the damage/acc/etc stats. You literally won't see the gear swap without Showswaps giving you the printout in your chatlog. Its not possible to "visually" see the swaps happen.

ok thanks for clearing it up about the preshot, just wanted to be sure.

@Celebrindal i see alot of stuff happening in your lua, this is gonna take a while to understand :D

autora is really limited
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-04 15:19:55  
My lua is designed for someone who uses multiple RMEA weapons, in particular when you add Gastraphetes and its "+10 Snapshot" that messes up standard preshot sets.

The lua should recognize which weapon you have equipped, then use the proper preshot/midshot sets for that weapon. It then layers on the proper ranged accuracy level you select (ctrl-minus key cycles them), and will automatically use doubleshot sets layered on appropriate racc tier when the /ja is active. Yes, its a lot, but the base functions are pretty straightforward and its those base functions that enable the complexity.

If you have any in-depth questions, always feel free to drop me a PM here- in addition, I'm starting up a discord for Rangers and Corsairs to discuss gear, strats, and such for ranged options, and it is not tied directly to a server-specific linkshell. If anyone is interested, "Cold Dead Hands" is always open to serious pewpew'ers for round the clock ranged discussion and memes in bad taste. Again, just drop me a PM and I'll send ya an invite!
[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-07-04 15:23:06  
Cor eng disco I'm interested
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-07-04 16:38:24  
i also just happened to look at celebrindal's lua yesterday by fluke, and wow lol. it's totally opposite to the one i have currently in operation. it must be nice to actually understand this programming stuff instead of just relying on the kindness of others to hold your hand as you just plug your gear into something they made. xD
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-04 18:00:21  
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
i also just happened to look at celebrindal's lua yesterday by fluke, and wow lol. it's totally opposite to the one i have currently in operation. it must be nice to actually understand this programming stuff instead of just relying on the kindness of others to hold your hand as you just plug your gear into something they made. xD

I have been blessed by the kindness of MANY great players across many different jobs when it comes to breaking down luacore. I actually know very little- my only experience with the language is ffxi-related. Outside of my RNG lua (and COR lua as well, which is built with the same structure/keybinds/etc) the luas I use for other jobs are from other players with better understanding than me- my pewpew luas are very pieced together with concepts and commands written by others much more knowledgeable than me. Its not the most logical at times, but it does cover my needs.

I wish I could give credit to all the things here and there I've snagged for my luas, as I'm sure many people feel- just know that the gift of your knowledge wasn't forgotten even if I'm horrible with names.
By kunami 2020-07-07 17:28:12  
That augmented Cohort Cloak from the dev diary thing looks neat. 100MAB/100MAcc but you lose Orion Beret...
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 17:39:28  
kunami said: »
That augmented Cohort Cloak from the dev diary thing looks neat. 100MAB/100MAcc but you lose Orion Beret...

Should still be bis outside of some hardcore DM augments.

It will be 55 AGI 100MAB and 110~120macc
Thats like Herculean body and head both with 45MAB DM augments and macc is obviously not possible to keep up even with 50macc DM augment on both. You would need some 40+ DM augment with WSD on top of that to beat damage potential of that cloak, but then you would still be way behind on macc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-07 19:11:45  
Looking forward to:
Cohort Cloak +1
Kustawi +1
Umati +1
Perun +1

Potentially:
Paloma+1
Cacoethic Ring+1
Ternion Dagger+1
Jute Boots+1
 Asura.Phelence
サーバ: Asura
user: Spainmail
By Asura.Phelence 2020-07-08 04:05:19  
Besides the obvious upgrade for Perun +1, is there anything else among the new augments of particular interest to RNG?
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-08 04:06:41  
Asura.Phelence said: »
Besides the obvious upgrade for Perun +1, is there anything else among the new augments of particular interest to RNG?

Cacoethic Ring +1: DEX +10, AGI +10 augs
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-08 11:42:31  
Cherrywine is chunking the math.

But Cohort Cloak +1 (augged) > Head/body for trueflight.
By Viciouss 2020-07-08 11:50:13  
cohort cloak +1
macc+100
mab+100
AllAttr+20

seems legit, i have a really good herc helm aug but the body is lacking.
By Demhar 2020-07-08 11:55:46  
Fairly happy with the new update for RNG! Lots of mag acc mag att boosts! And the cloak!! Thank you SE!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-07-08 13:53:42  
Ternion Dagger +1 looks pretty damn great for offhand for RNG melee situations, either Savage Blade or TF/WF. For those of us without K.Clubs at least ;) Should beat Tauret.

Wish I wasn't at work so I could tinker more right now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-08 14:02:56  
started toying around with preshot changes. Since Perun+1 is already our default mainhand option when shooting with Annihilator, Fomalhaut, and some Armageddon situations, its a pretty straightforward conclusion to reach that our preshot sets will be altered. Here's what I've seen on first exploration- I am considering seeing how the math in using Pursuer's Pants (path A) may work out, in particular for Flurry2 sets.

--only listing relevant gear pieces to preshot stats--

No Flurry:
-Perun+1
-Taeon Chapeau(+10snap)
-Amini Caban+1
-JSE Neck(+1 or +2 works)
-Carmine Hands(path D)
-JSE cape(+10snap)
-Impulse Belt
-Adhemar Kecks+1(path D)
-Meghananda Jambeaux+2(+10snap)

Flurry 1:
-Perun+1
-Orion Beret+3
-Amini Caban+1
-Carmine Hands(Path D)
-JSE Cape(+10 snap)
-Yemaya Belt
-Adhemar Kecks+1(path D)
-Meghananda Jameaux+2(+10 snap)

Flurry2:
-Perun+1
-Orion Beret+3
-Amini Caban+1
-Carmine Hands(Path D)
-JSE Cape(+10 Snap)
-Yemaya Belt
-Adhemar Kecks+1(pathD)
-Pursuer's Gaiters(path A)

the key takeaway from this is that we should be able to 100% fulltime Empyrean Body in all preshot sets while maintaining at least 30 Rapid Shot. While it was possible to use Empy body full time if you used AF+3 legs over Adhemar+1(path D), you lose out on at least 13 Rapid Shot.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-07-08 14:21:00  
Silly RNG, Perun +1 can't savage blade!

:D just kidding,

I think Kustawi becomes an interesting racc option now (Rapid shot instead of Snapshot) too. It beats Perun by 20 racc (14 once you account for AGI I guess).
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-08 14:25:40  
Silly RNG, Perun +1 can't savage blade!

:D just kidding,

I think Kustawi becomes an interesting racc option now (Rapid shot instead of Snapshot) too. It beats Perun by 20 racc (14 once you account for AGI I guess).

I actually think offhanding the new Kustawi+1 in particular for a Gandiva Build could be very viable...and its the -enmity that really catches my eye. Doesn't really require sacrificing anything to get that -enmity except some STP, and Gandiva's AM3 set can give up a little STP easier than most.

In terms of the crazy racc you get with it- I think CORs will make better use of it because honestly, I just dont' find myself needing that much racc on RNG these days. When my midshot set with no buffs or food hits 1700 racc in town these days, its just too easy for us to focus our gearing solely on damage and survivability, and never need concern ourselves with accuracy worries.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-07-08 14:31:49  
yeah, -10 enmity seems really attractive. Considering /nin instead of /war or /drg occasionally just for that with my Fomalhaut.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-09 07:14:32  
yeah, -10 enmity seems really attractive. Considering /nin instead of /war or /drg occasionally just for that with my Fomalhaut.

I have a hard time coming anything except /nin.

The ability to single/dual wield for either ranged/melee adds too much versatility.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-10 18:28:59  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

I have a hard time coming anything except /nin.

The ability to single/dual wield for either ranged/melee adds too much versatility.

If you're purely shooting, the only argument to /nin is based around Enmity issues of one variety or another. Either you can't manage your own hate well, have a poor tank who can't keep it off you, or are dealing with constant hate-reset mechanics of a specific enemy.

If you want to dual-wield while purely shooting for the sake of extra stats in an offhand weapon, go /dnc. Since you're not meleeing, the lower tier of Dual-Wield isn't an issue. You'll maintain the stat vomit from an offhand weapon choice and gain a +skillchain damage trait.

In many pure shooting situations any more, I am falling in love with /drg. The addition of +7% WSD as a job trait accessible via subjob will make up for the loss of an offhand weapon (if not more), along with super jump really gives it a LOT of value.

I'm not arguing at all about the power,versatility, and safety of /nin over anything. Its my default subjob choice, too. But I find a ton of value in both /dnc and /drg.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 97 98 99