First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 97 98 99
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-05-05 17:50:53  
Nyarlko said: »
Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
just run a quick test:
with TH4 in gear and hands equipped always gives an initial proc to TH5. If no TH gear the first proc will be TH4.
So the +2 from the hands only works up to 4

I am asking specifically so that I can avoid making the hands if it's nothing but TH+2 (so don't have them to test with.) I guess a better question would be: Does TH+ gear affect Bounty Shot in any known ways? With TH+4 in gear, and no Amini hands, what would the first proc be assuming you do no other actions that could tag TH on the target and does TH+ from gear affect Bounty Shot proc rate?

tried a bunch of times bounty shot with TH4 and no hands, I keep getting the no effect message, this means that it's not raising TH above 4.
Tested it 5 times so far and 0/5 on upgrades, but there might be a chance to upgrade it still
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-05-07 06:30:11  
For the Rangers that go to wave 3. Do you guys primarily shoot for TP or do you melee like the cors? And if so do you use the Kaja Sword and Dagger instead of duel Malevolences?
By Cronnus 2019-05-07 06:50:49  
Asura.Topace said: »
For the Rangers that go to wave 3. Do you guys primarily shoot for TP or do you melee like the cors? And if so do you use the Kaja Sword and Dagger instead of duel Malevolences?

I've never meleed on ranger in there. A+ in marksmanship I'm not putting myself in harm's way. I only melee decimation on crap in zitah and ru'aun to conserve ammo.

Also only ever done ranged methods for wave 3. With zero melee. Getting buffs for leaden and trueflight only. If your group only does melee method and they're the only ones getting buffs I wouldnt even bring ranger. They'll never keep up with Drk and War. Ranged method is probably a smidge slower, but you dont have to worry about AoE like the rest of them. Safer :)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-07 07:44:26  

I would think on the wave3 megaboss it maybe faster to melee for TP since the acc requirements are nothing for the megaboss, but the other mobs around the circles probably RA.
By eliroo 2019-05-07 08:23:57  
Unless you don't have an Aracadian Beret shooting will always be better. Melee may come close when doubleshot is down but if you are doing ranger method on Wave3 you should have an almost 6+ Minute period where you have either Overkill or Double shot up vs the Wave 3 boss.
[+]
By Huehuehue 2019-05-07 18:00:04  
just run a quick test:
with TH4 in gear and hands equipped always gives an initial proc to TH5. If no TH gear the first proc will be TH4.
So the +2 from the hands only works up to 4

I am asking specifically so that I can avoid making the hands if it's nothing but TH+2 (so don't have them to test with.) I guess a better question would be: Does TH+ gear affect Bounty Shot in any known ways? With TH+4 in gear, and no Amini hands, what would the first proc be assuming you do no other actions that could tag TH on the target and does TH+ from gear affect Bounty Shot proc rate?

tried a bunch of times bounty shot with TH4 and no hands, I keep getting the no effect message, this means that it's not raising TH above 4.
Tested it 5 times so far and 0/5 on upgrades, but there might be a chance to upgrade it still

Base is capped at 4. Can achieve cap with Bounty Shot+ hands or TH gear. Seems that the stat Bounty Shot+/TH+ both work the same for Bounty Shot.

What I have noticed is with TH5(Bounty2+TH3) in gear, most of the time I will see Bounty shot 5 from second Bounty Shot. After this I will see no effect most times but it still can be raised by 1 point each time. I would assume TH+ gear would increase your chance to upgrade. We've stacked up to Bounty Shot 9+ with only RNG.
[+]
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-05-07 18:08:22  
With th4 and hands I got 4/4 TH5 after the first bounty shot on bees in ceizak
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-07 23:28:44  
I've gotten up to TH9 alone (on a kei run, yeah still no body lol), and teaming with a THF in alliance, I've "raised" an existing TH11 present from the THF to TH12 with Bounty Shot.

Was glad to know that we can work with a THF's TH and not be useless, so if you have a THF in party, don't look at your Bounty Shot as useless!
[+]
By Afania 2019-05-08 19:32:30  
Cronnus said: »

I've never meleed on ranger in there. A+ in marksmanship I'm not putting myself in harm's way. I only melee decimation on crap in zitah and ru'aun to conserve ammo.

Also only ever done ranged methods for wave 3. With zero melee. Getting buffs for leaden and trueflight only. If your group only does melee method and they're the only ones getting buffs I wouldnt even bring ranger. They'll never keep up with Drk and War. Ranged method is probably a smidge slower, but you dont have to worry about AoE like the rest of them. Safer :)

Melee or not any group with cor should be using malaise in alliance, tbh. Cors dps with malaise and without is night and day.
and there will be 2 cor in alliance most of the time. So using malaise is totally worth it.

With malaise theres no reason rng cant keep up. TF is a better ws than wf on volte and wf is already ahead of most if not all physical ws with malaise on volte. Rng also has access to ae cleave, another strong ws that adds big chunk of dps in dyna. I wouldnt be surprised if rng parse top on at least volte phase in a melee pt.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-08 21:42:16  
Thank you for those who checked on the Bounty Shot thing for me. :)

Oddly enough though... I finally got around to testing BS+TH and got interesting results.

Lv.99 RNG/49NIN (base Bounty Shot 2)

Bounty Shot w/ no TH gear = Bounty Shot 2
Bounty Shot w/ TH+1 from gear = Bounty Shot 2
Bounty Shot w/ TH+2 from gear = Bounty Shot 3
Bounty Shot w/ TH+3 from gear = Bounty Shot 4, 4x "no effect" messages
Bounty Shot w/ TH+4 from gear = Bounty Shot 5, 8x "no effect" messages

..So I think what happens is that when TH+x is involved, the TH gets tagged first, then the BS raises it by +1.

This would mean that there is no point in wearing TH+ gear in the BS set if you do have Amini hands +1 beyond the initial TH4 tag, right? And that if you DO have the hands+1, then you should never equip less than TH+4 for the initial tag unless you want to nerf yourself?

Anyone know for sure if proc rate goes down in relation to current tag like for TH or was I just unlucky?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-08 21:53:48  
We've known that forever.

Bounty either applies the base TH(1~5 never seen a 5 but I haven't played ranger since 2015 before DM augments/voseals existed) or has a chance of +1 current level of TH.

TH+ might improve the rate of the next bounty shot landing.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-08 22:31:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
We've known that forever.

Bounty either applies the base TH(1~5) or has a chance of +1 current level of TH.

TH+ might improve the rate of the next bounty shot landing.

That doesn't match what others were saying here. :/
I'm saying that it is actually doing both TH tag + BS proc check when used w/ no existing TH tag, and combining them is actually a bad idea unless your BS# matches your TH# for the guaranteed proc on tag.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-08 22:39:06  
If the very first action you take is TH+4 bounty shot It's going to apply TH4 and maybe TH5 if it lands. "No effect" still applies TH4.

From previous threads ... if you wear TH4 with bounty shot, it can't land TH5 as the initial action. (without vorseal)

Ideal situation is TH4 action, then bounty

Shoot something with TH4+bounty(no effect) then melee it with thf (no th gear) and see if it procs 5. That should be what happens.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-05-09 00:13:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
From previous threads ... if you wear TH4 with bounty shot, it can't land TH5 as the initial action. (without vorseal)

Ideal situation is TH4 action, then bounty

I tested this stuff ages ago, and did find that Bounty Shot with additional TH gear could cause TH5 to be applied even if Bounty was the very first action on a mob (TH4 from gear applying, then the level up proc... but it didn't work with ONLY Amini+1 hands, which never gave an initial Bounty Shot TH+5 result).

Beyond that, my beliefs are that:
1) "Bounty Shot +2" on Empy gloves is basically "Treasure Hunter +2" that ONLY works when using the Bounty Shot JA. As in, it's worse than TH gear since TH could also be applied from any other action.

It's also uniquely worse than TH gear in that if you use TH+4 in gear, Bounty Shot can hit +1 proc immediately (one Bounty Shot resulting in TH5 applied), but using Amini+1 gloves only (which seems like it *should* be the same thing as TH+4 when using Bounty Shot) will never result in immediate application of TH+5. Not that this really matters much though if you have ways to apply TH+4 or better in gear/trait, since it's pretty easy to just apply TH4 from gear first, then Bounty for an upgrade proc chance.

2) Although Bounty Shot can level up TH even at high levels (like Cele's example), there is no evidence that Bounty Shot level ups are any more likely with higher amounts of TH/Bounty+ gear.

I messed with lots of Quadavs in Palborough Mines where I applied TH+4 to start, then tried Bounty Shot to level it up with all of:
a) No TH/Bounty+ gear at all
b) TH+6 in gear (two TH+2 Herc pieces, one TH+1 Herc piece, and Chaac Belt)
c) TH+4 and Bounty+2 hands

Saw no significant difference in TH level up rate from any of the above options. Leads me to believe there is no effect on Bounty TH increase procs from excess TH gear (above the TH+4 cap that any non-THF job can apply to a mob). If you have the extra TH/Bounty gear already, it doesn't hurt to swap it in for Bounty Shot just in case - you aren't losing anything from using excess/unnecessary TH gear for an instant use JA when you're swapping back out immediately anyway. I have TH+6 in my own Bounty set. But I really don't believe it does anything to proc up rate.

And I don't think there is any reason Empy hands are necessary if you can already get TH+4 in other gear - even if they increase the "Bounty Shot" amount in future +2/+3 reforge, it doesn't appear that current mechanics would mean that's any benefit above just using Bounty Shot with, say, two pieces of TH+2 Herc.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-05-09 07:09:20  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
And I don't think there is any reason Empy hands are necessary if you can already get TH+4 in other gear - even if they increase the "Bounty Shot" amount in future +2/+3 reforge, it doesn't appear that current mechanics would mean that's any benefit above just using Bounty Shot with, say, two pieces of TH+2 Herc.

Since it's pretty clear to me at this point that Bounty/TH are mechanically different systems of applying a TH debuff on the target, there's no guarantee that increased BS+ from gear would not be able to raise the base tag to match. (So BS+3 would raise a TH+0 BS to BS5, probably with the tag capping at 8 like THF main.) Assuming that to be the case, then we'd actually want to drop all TH+ gear from BS set once we have access to BS+3 or more.
By eliroo 2019-05-09 09:42:02  
They are eventually going to upgrade the Empy hands though and they will become BiS shooting gloves in 2020.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-09 09:44:57  
eliroo said: »
They are eventually going to upgrade the Empy hands though and they will become BiS shooting gloves in 2020.

I often look at those hands and think they might be the key piece to Vana'Diel MAGA- Make Archery Great Again. If they tied the crazy STP on them along with a hefty boost to the already present Archery Skill on them to only be active with a bow....serious possibilities.

If they just boost the overall stats to a +3 version, the amount of STP on that piece will be ridiculous and destroy Adhemar+1 path C hands in a hot minute.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-05-09 14:50:02  
Since it's pretty clear to me at this point that Bounty/TH are mechanically different systems of applying a TH debuff on the target, there's no guarantee that increased BS+ from gear would not be able to raise the base tag to match. (So BS+3 would raise a TH+0 BS to BS5, probably with the tag capping at 8 like THF main.) Assuming that to be the case, then we'd actually want to drop all TH+ gear from BS set once we have access to BS+3 or more.

That's possible, but definitely an unfounded assumption at this point. Guess we'll have to see what happens if Bounty+3 (I can't call it BS XD) or more is ever made available. Would be pretty hilarious, in a sick way, if Bounty+3 could still only ever result in applying TH4 to the mob, but TH+2 could get an insta-proc to level up to TH5.

And really, the only differences we can see from TH and Bounty gear today are that Bounty is demonstrably worse:
(a) Bounty gear can only be used to apply TH during use of a timed RNG JA, whereas TH works on any action on the mob, and
(b) TH+2 allows intial Bounty Shot to occasionally apply JA TH4 level, AND level up to TH5 on the same initial JA use. Bounty+2 doesn't do this. I don't know that we can necessarily assume that a hypothetical Bounty+3 would allow us to start with TH5, as goofy as that may seem - they might have to actually change existing coded mechanics to allow for that (and I'd have my doubts SE's current skeleton dev crew would want to put in that effort).
(c) Any RNG-equippable TH gear is also usable on many other jobs (8 others for Herc, all jobs for Chaac, bunny hat, Volte)

eliroo said: »

Now, yeah, if Empy +2/+3 gloves turn awesome for shooting purposes, that's certainly another justification for them that seems kinda likely and perhaps a reason people would want to have the 119s ready to go. But as of today, Amini+1 don't do a damn thing that TH+2 in gear (in any slots) doesn't also do.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-05-13 08:50:31  
Does anyone find any use for yochi? Thinking about making it since I don’t have a bow and it’s the cheapest.
By kunami 2019-05-13 14:30:03  
The blurbs I wrote about Yoichi in the node are that it has very high accuracy stat and it gives you a nice darkness skillchain WS. Presumably its dps is rather lackluster compared to Gandiva/Fail-Not let alone any of the marksmanship REMA.

You don't have a bow and that is okay. You don't really need one, sadly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-13 14:44:04  
if you want to play w/ darkness, Coronach and Wildfire will give you that option with much better overall DPS results.

the high level of racc associated with Yoichi just isn't needed these days. With Fomalhaut, my standard ranged TP sets put me around 1400 racc outside of mog house, no buffs. Max Racc sets push this over 1530. And these numbers are with typical High End gear for the job, not some crazy unique pieces.

the aftermath of Yoichi gives "Snapshot +5", meaning you really should have "AM Up/AM Down" preshot sets while using Yoichi that differ in amounts of Snapshot gear...for all 3 levels of Flurry (No Flurry, Flurry I, Flurry II). That's a headache honestly not worth dealing with, meaning most Yoichi users aren't even getting the benefit of the weapon's aftermath. Compare that aftermath to Annihilator's -25 enmity which ALWAYS is beneficial.

and lastly, the best thing about the aeonic bow and gun is the associated ammunition (Chrono Arrows and Chrono Bullets) that increase the power of all the other weapons in that category. You'd really want to use Fail-Not's Chrono Arrows with your Yoichi for max capabilities....which means you've got a Fail-Not...and it's probably going to put out better numbers anyways if you really wanna Bow it.

Unless you're a SAM and want to play around with ranged sets, there's just no reason for a Yoichi these days. Switch to marksmanship, give yourself multiple physical and magical weapon skills to deal damage with, along with much better aftermaths.
[+]
 Shiva.Samanosuke
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Samanosuke 2019-05-14 00:07:35  
Speaking of Coronach, 5 manned this month VD ambu earlier with PUP and RNG set up, we just ignore mechanic and zerg it down and let the puppet tank die over and over, since Coronach barely have any enmity getting aggro back was super easy. The strat wouldn't work with any other weapon though, only with anni.
[+]
By Taint 2019-05-14 06:22:27  
Does anyone find any use for yochi? Thinking about making it since I don’t have a bow and it’s the cheapest.

I AGed mine since it was my second relic from Waaaay back and one I’m fond of.

Anyways it’s useless....there is just nothing about it that stands out at all. Until SE overhauls bow in general just stick to marksmanship weapons.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-05-14 06:30:39  
Taint said: »

Anyways it’s useless....there is just nothing about it that stands out at all. Until SE overhauls bow in general just stick to marksmanship weapons.

This is a beautiful statement. Never thought I'd see the day
[+]
By kunami 2019-05-14 10:37:19  
Re SAM and Yoichinoyumi I think the R15 one is bis for that ambuscade polearm nonsense going on these days.
By Taint 2019-05-14 11:01:17  
Ragnarok.Haxetc said: »
Taint said: »

This is a beautiful statement. Never thought I'd see the day

LMAO!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2019-05-17 09:07:24  
~Here's my foolishly plebeian question(s) of the week~
So the +TP bonus from anarchy/ataktos path marksmanship magian weapons helps main hand weapon skills, right? Is this also true if you create one of these with the +WSD path instead?? Would the +WSD benefit main hand weapon skills as well as ranged ones?

Follow-up question: would the bow "blurred bow +1" which also has +7 WSD on it; would this also benefit main hand weapon skills?

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21218/blurred-bow-1

Apologies if this has been discussed in the past and I missed it in my searches. I'm curious anyways, thanks for your friendly feedback in advance!
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2019-05-17 09:25:02  
Asura.Gordel said: »
Can anyone post their hot shot set?

ItemSet 366750

I read somewhere a while back you should go for as much WSD as possible, can someone please verify for me?? Or is a balance better?

I recently changed from Crimson body on this set to herc with new a new DM augment that gives +6 WSD I got this week. Also I have alternate boots that have +7WSD but they don't have any MACC/MATK, so I like the ones listed here better. Please respond with suggestions for improvement :D. Thx!

Code
	sets.precast.WS['Hot Shot'] = {
	head="Orion Beret +3",
	neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
	ear1="Ishvara Earring",
	ear2="Moonshade Earring",  
	body={name="Herculean Vest",augments={'Attack+10','CHR+9','Weapon skill damage +6%','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
	hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
	ring1="Epaminondas's Ring",
	ring2="Dingir Ring",
	back={name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
	waist="Karin Obi",
	legs="Arc. Braccae +3",
	feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+17','Weapon skill damage +5%','Mag. Acc.+9',}},
	}

First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 97 98 99