フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Lilith HTBF
Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 47 48 49
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2019-09-24 19:16:42  
How do pup tanks manage hate on adds? They seem to go after party members at random when they spawn.
By SimonSes 2019-09-24 20:11:11  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Am I misunderstanding the note on the BG wiki Lilith page saying that her all of her TP move enfeebles are irresistible? I've definitely resisted the likes of Durance Whip and Moonlight Veil.

I resist them very often too on Normal.
By SimonSes 2019-09-24 20:14:12  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
How do pup tanks manage hate on adds? They seem to go after party members at random when they spawn.

You split party or simply kill spitwardens with 5/6, while pup solo holds the Lilith.
By Aerix 2019-09-25 02:51:12  
For what it's worth, even a PUP/RDM with solid MACC gear can dispel Lilith's Dread Spikes on Easy.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-25 06:21:30  
Aerix said: »
For what it's worth, even a PUP/RDM with solid MACC gear can dispel Lilith's Dread Spikes on Easy.

I've successfully dispelled her spikes every single time on E as pup/rdm... staying in the taeon bruiser set
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-25 07:28:52  
Yeah I think she is super weak against darkness debuffs?

She absorbs darkness damage (but it looks like she is super weak against it because she takes very increased damage from it) and looks like she has some 100% resist trait vs some debuffs, but otherwise her meva is very low for other darkness debuffs.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-09-25 08:46:07  
Yeah it seems she has really low darkness resistance. I can reliably PUP/RDM and Dispel. I tried Frazzle more out of curiosity and it always lands.
By tyalangan 2019-09-27 14:30:25  
Just tried several Normals on PUP. When the Spitewarden spawns he comes after my PUP and not my Automon.

When I aggro Lilith I take her to a corner area leave the automon up there and I run back to middle to avoid meteor. However, when I run back through the gyves I get blasted for like 800+ damage and have to heal. Is the healing what's causing the aggro? Should I just sit with red HP?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-27 15:47:48  
tyalangan said: »
Just tried several Normals on PUP. When the Spitewarden spawns he comes after my PUP and not my Automon.

When I aggro Lilith I take her to a corner area leave the automon up there and I run back to middle to avoid meteor. However, when I run back through the gyves I get blasted for like 800+ damage and have to heal. Is the healing what's causing the aggro? Should I just sit with red HP?

I think as soon as spitewarden pops you want to use heady artifice to pull hate onto the automaton
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-29 17:23:05  
What's the exact range on Altair Bullet? 20 yalm circle on the target? 10 yalm circle on Aquila? Something else?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-29 23:29:57  
Disclaimer:
I normally would not post a video like this due to queue congestion, however, it's been close to 3 weeks and queues have not improved so that is why the video is delayed.

Here is my solo strategy for Lilith on Easy. If a solo N is wanted I can post one, but it is not good for spamming so I didn't post.
I posted the description below the video, read if you will.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I personally prefer doing E for faster drop rates over N+ and this video will hopefully help newer players beat this. No, you do not need top tier gear,.

I opted for /THF for extra Treasure Hunter, but I'd recommend /RUN or /DNC.

I turned off Anchor to show it is possible to solo without since some people don't use it.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-01 13:55:31  
So it turns out that if Lilith dies to your Helix while you are charmed you don't get any drops.

/fume.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-10-01 14:06:58  
What's the deal with Helix anyway in this fight? Sometimes it wears off really early, other times it stays on for a while.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-10-01 14:10:14  
Thorn removes debuffs from her
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-01 14:12:00  
IIRC her Dark Thorn is a dread spike but also dispels something off of her.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-10-01 14:13:01  
Also had a BLM/SCH land Helix while doing the no TP feed strat and he said it wore nearly instantly. One time I went outside the circle with SCH main and it wore. Haven't tried and checked logs enough to know if it's always wearing off quickly.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-10-01 15:19:22  
Soloed a bunch on Sch now. Not exactly sure what erases helix but yeah it does happen sometimes frequently enough to be annoying.

Helix does put in some serious work though if she lets it stay on.

Been taking a thf in with me to shark bite off of fusion for light. Makes the fight go a lot faster.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-10-01 16:16:23  
Asura.Dexterm said: »
There are two posts above that already answered what removes helix or other debuffs from Lilith.

They do not explain Helix wearing when she doesn't use a TP move. Had fights where I know for a fact Thorn wasn't used (no dark Gyve), yet Helix wore almost immediately. There's clearly some other scenarios where Helix will wear early having nothing to do with Thorn.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-01 16:18:19  
Pretty sure this is just packet loss.
I've gotten charmed when Fatal Allure was never used/shown in the log.
Same with Dark Thorn and dying to Dread Spikes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-10-01 16:47:32  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Pretty sure this is just packet loss.
I've gotten charmed when Fatal Allure was never used/shown in the log.
Same with Dark Thorn and dying to Dread Spikes.

Had this happen a ton to me during my spamming. Also got both my characters charmed even though we were on opposite sides of Lilith
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-01 17:05:23  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
There are two posts above that already answered what removes helix or other debuffs from Lilith.

They do not explain Helix wearing when she doesn't use a TP move. Had fights where I know for a fact Thorn wasn't used (no dark Gyve), yet Helix wore almost immediately. There's clearly some other scenarios where Helix will wear early having nothing to do with Thorn.
Dark Thorn doesn't make a gyve, so that's not a reliable indicator.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-10-01 17:16:16  
Also RUN/DRK taking 0 damage (for no TP gain) while spamming Absorb-TP. I'm open to the idea that leaving the circle could cause it to wear off instantly, but I'm telling you it didn't use a TP move.
By Afania 2019-10-01 17:18:10  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Did you get knock out of the circle when it wore? That's what people told me, not 100% confirmed though.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-01 17:20:34  
I am 100% Positive Lilith has Occult Acumen. And I'm pretty sure /drk would not allow you to spam Absorb-TP for more TP than she gains.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-10-01 17:26:20  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
I am 100% Positive Lilith has Occult Acumen. And I'm pretty sure /drk would not allow you to spam Absorb-TP for more TP than she gains.

But it wearing on the very first burst? It just doesn't add up unless it was an inside circle vs. outside circle issue. She clearly doesn't start with 1000+ TP, and a total of 3 nukes wouldn't add up to that much.

Also 5 minutes of no TP moves despite using all sorts of spells like Meteor and Impact with only a RUN/DRK spamming Absorb-TP and SCH on it:
YouTube Video Placeholder

It even did Kaustra in there, which from what we know of Odin and last month's Ambuscade would give 1000+ TP instantly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-01 18:01:32  
Does absorb TP actually work on her effectively? That would pretty much guarantee she doesn't get a move off doing it Monk style, normal even
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-10-01 18:04:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does absorb TP actually work on her effectively? That would pretty much guarantee she doesn't get a move off doing it Monk style, normal even

Yeah, I've seen it do about ~250 as /drk and the video above shows a few around that as well. Surprisingly haven't gotten full resisted yet, the "spell takes no effect" message, so she may just have low meva. On second phase it definitely doesn't land though.

If doing solo as MNK though, I'd imagine Shiraj's plan of /thf would be better if you're looking for drops.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-01 18:12:52  
Solid. If you have TH4 in Herculean gear, do you need to sub thief at all? Not sure what's up with the /thf craze for this? Does only +2 work with gear and you need the two base traits or are the people advocating thief sub just without TH gear?

Asking, not trolling
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 47 48 49