Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 14:08:04  
Chimerawizard said: »
huh, wonder why the thief complained at our ranger before then for doing a bounty shot to upgrade to TH3 before he had a chance to run in and tag the NM.

My guess, Stupidity. Was he also adamant about getting the killshot?

I'll be fair, burning bounty shot pre THF hit, wastes bounty shot. that bounty shot had a chance of procing the TH up, but was wasted. That is a reasonable complaint.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-30 14:10:37  
no, he didn't. it was at omen shortly after that was made 18 man.
probably was stupidity though.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
サーバ: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-31 14:18:15  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
This entire post is a trainwreck of anecdotes, misinformation, and general malaise. Also, HTBC do not drop chests, they direct drop the items.

Hey Bro,
I'm sorry this feels like a trainwreck to you. I meant treasure pool regarding the chest because I associate treasure pool with treasure chest. That's one of my quirks. Get used to it.

My anecdotes comes with 17 years playing this game. I know exactly how much to expect on each farming run and why.

If you farm one particular item repeatedly over the span of several years once a month, you plan to synth exactly that amount ahead of time in a given time frame. I expect 5 stacks in 1 hour, I come on a job or sub job that will get me that number.

I've farmed agaricus on multiple jobs and sub jobs. If a weapon trial needs 500 plantoid kills, this is what I kill so I have mats to synth marine stewpots.

I'm not as obsessive with exact numerical data because it isn't necessary to be exact. Farming and weapon trials are boring stuff as it is. I do not use a bot to farm. This is why my data sounds anectodal. It IS ANECTODAL because I am not recording or botting the data. I am playing the game to relax and have fun.

Best regards <3
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-31 14:20:54  
It is a useful post in the context of what it is, but this thread had nothing to do with farming agaricus mushrooms and no amount of anecdotes is sufficient to make a meaningful statement on drops per kill or drops per hour. The data is far too loose to have any value under scrutiny, and that's why I consider it a trainwreck.

I don't doubt you have killed a colossal amount of mushrooms over the years, but at this point in the game those of us who do crunch numbers would not consider anything short of exact numerical data to be particularly meaningful for confirming hypotheses.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-31 14:32:32  
Happy Halloween everyone <3

Today from Purple Port Selbina, we adopted Tarutaru brethren Raz from Midguardians.

My cuz, Minidiva, needed 1 last piece of purple gear to complete the purple Malignance set.

We adopted/kidknapped Razokoooko because our Midguardian Taru friend needed several pieces of Lilith gear for his Crocea RDM. We hoped having additional Rare/Ex slots open would help get that body to drop for Minidiva.

I had all of us get Sigil to further test if my luck rate on TH4 COR/thf holds at roughly 20%, or 1 drop in every 5 runs.

We did 13 runs today because 13 is a great number for Halloween!

1x Body (congrats cuz!)
1x Sword (tossed)
1x Hat (congrats Raz!)

23% drop rate today

So far so good with Sigil + th4 producing close to the 20% drop rate on roughly 100 kills on easy. Perhaps Sigil comes with a zone luck blessing for past areas, the same way Justice blessing does in Geas Fete areas, or Moogle TH blessing when it is up?

Again, if anyone on Bahamut, whatever pearl color you are, wants some purple love, send me a tell in game or PM me here. I'm still doing statistics on this purple puppy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-31 14:39:59  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I don't doubt you have killed a colossal amount of mushrooms over the years, but at this point in the game those of us who do crunch numbers would not consider anything short of exact numerical data to be particularly meaningful for confirming hypotheses.

Crunch on, Bro! Statistical data is good stuff too.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-31 14:41:41  
Wish I had 2 armour drops in 13 runs.... I went 1/112 for my boots today with TH4. I'm only 2/5 now. Including all weapons.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-10-31 14:42:57  
There isn't anything that enhances TH from Sigil. It's still good to get to make use of it in WoE [P] fights with the benefits of food duration boost and latent Regen/Refresh. The usual general benefits it shares with Signet is increased HP while resting and 0 TP loss while resting but in past zones
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-31 14:49:36  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Wish I had 2 armour drops in 13 runs.... I went 1/112 for my boots today with TH4. I'm only 2/5 now. Including all weapons.

Have you tried grabbing Sigil to see if it helps. I know I should not be getting these drop rates just on th4. A friend of mine got very upset that he had no drops in 20 runs doing D with a master Gandring THF.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-31 15:10:56  
Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't. It's nothing new in this game. There's no need to attatch superstition to it though. Just be glad the game threw you a break.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-31 15:14:22  
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
here isn't anything that enhances TH fro Sigil. It's still good to get to make use of it in WoE [P] fights with the benefits of food duration boost and latent Regen/Refresh. The usual general benefits it shares with Signet is increased HP while resting and 0 TP loss while resting but in past zones

There shouldn't be a TH benefit to Sigil. I've never heard of it. Maybe some kind of undocumented luck/spoils benefit, like a geas fete vorseal but for past zones? Sigil is also affected by NPC allies. Maybe there is an ally that boosts luck/spoils that we don't know of yet. WOTG is old content that may need some re-examining.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-10-31 15:19:40  
1 day in a round I think early this month of 6-7 in a duo of blu + thf E mode fights got legs, then in the last 2 fights was hands then head.

A couple weeks ago 4 people + trusts in E mode in a round of 4-7 fights got 2 daybreaks.

Still sucks to come up with nothing most of the time then sometimes you get lucky
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-31 15:19:50  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't. It's nothing new in this game. There's no need to attatch superstition to it though. Just be glad the game threw you a break.

I am glad. But noone is lucky consistently at different times of the day over a stretch of 10 days. So I doing my best to help others, whilst nailing down why I've been defying the odds. I don't like superstition either.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-31 15:22:57  
Does anyone have any tips for killing Gyves?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-31 16:24:27  
Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »

I am glad. But noone is lucky consistently at different times of the day over a stretch of 10 days. So I doing my best to help others, whilst nailing down why I've been defying the odds. I don't like superstition either.
Lots of people are lucky like that.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-31 16:27:35  
So yeah... I went 1/112 for my 2nd piece of Malignance gear.
Then went 1/3 on 3rd piece...
FFXI drop system is complete *** lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-10-31 16:38:55  
@Minimusa you got lucky RNG, that's it. Sigil has nothing to do with any of that. I did ~100 runs bringing a pocket THF across VE and E and ended up 9/9. It's luck and RNG based.
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-10-31 16:55:06  
It's totally luck. I've done over 100 runs easy and have only gotten 1 head, 1 body, and 5 swords. I've had TH10 at least and at one point TH13. That was the only other time one piece of armor dropped. The rest were mostly TH11 and usually nothing drops.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-31 16:59:33  
Anyone got a decent setup for normal?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-31 23:55:59  
SCH, THF (or COR w/TH4), Tank, WHM trusts if trio, or other characters if you want (GEO, COR, THF all help here. WHM actually isn't needed.)

[Phase1]
Tank holds Lilith, SCH preps Fusion SC > Max dmg Helix burst (it's dead at this point basically)
THF stays off Lilith until first Gyve pops
When gyve pops, Tank moves out of circle to a corner and holds Lilith + Spitewarden
THF spams Mandalic, Evisceration, or Savage Blade on Gyve for kill (no magic damage), then kills Spitewarden
After Spitewarden dies, proc TH on Lilith and then let SCH repeat SC for kill

[Phase2]
Tank holds, SCH does Induration > Max damage Helix Burst (its dead at this point) proc TH, and it's over.

Killing Spitewarden in first form should open up an additional drop spot, so it can potentially drop 2 items. Shouldn't take any more than 7 minutes or so.
[+]
By eeternal 2019-11-01 03:15:28  
do you need to kill 3 spitewardens in order to get an additional open slot or just killing one will suffice?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-11-01 04:34:05  
eeternal said: »
do you need to kill 3 spitewardens in order to get an additional open slot or just killing one will suffice?

the Max number of spitewardens that appear depends on difficulty from 1 Spitewarden Normal to 3 on Very Difficult. Killing 1 spitewarden unlocks an addition slot for possible drop, making very difficult giving the max possible of 4 possible slot drops, however it doesn't guarantee drops.
By Felgarr 2019-11-01 08:04:22  
If I remember correctly, the doom aura appears in Normal difficult and higher....does anyone know how to avoid or counter-act it? I notice that some DDs get Doom when engaging a fetter, but some don't...

What gives?
By Unzero 2019-11-01 08:06:03  
Felgarr said: »
If I remember correctly, the doom aura appears in Normal difficult and higher....does anyone know how to avoid or counter-act it? I notice that some DDs get Doom when engaging a fetter, but some don't...

What gives?

Pretty sure you can melee the Fetter Gyve from maximum melee distance and still hit it? Or at least something along those lines.
By tyalangan 2019-11-01 08:09:32  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SCH, THF (or COR w/TH4), Tank, WHM trusts if trio, or other characters if you want (GEO, COR, THF all help here. WHM actually isn't needed.)

[Phase1]
After Spitewarden dies, proc TH on Lilith

[Phase2]
proc TH

Do you need to proc TH on both enemies?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-01 08:10:53  
The doom aura is activated if you are on Lilith's hate list. Gyves will give you a 5-second doom if you attack them after being hostile towards her. Which is why I mentioned this:

THF stays off Lilith until first Gyve pops

If you attack a gyve with no hate on Lilith, you will not get a doom aura. Now if you happen to accidentally hit Lilith or get on her hate list before the gyve pop, you will have to deal with those mechanics of running in > ws > run out, reset etc. It's a little more annoying, but you can still kill it. You will only get 1 spitewarden pop on Normal, so you only need to kill one Gyve to make him active.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-01 08:12:26  
tyalangan said: »

[Phase1]

[Phase2]
proc TH

Yes you should. I haven't parsed any data on it affecting either or both forms, but you should apply TH to Lady Lilith and Lilith Ascendent
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-11-03 01:04:25  
Just came back after about a yr. Is there a trick to this pup/thf/blu all failed only killed it as sch. All on VE avoiding stuff it spawns.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-03 07:31:54  
tyalangan said: »

[Phase1]

[Phase2]
proc TH

Yes you should. I haven't parsed any data on it affecting either or both forms, but you should apply TH to Lady Lilith and Lilith Ascendent
Why? Lady Lilith doesn't directly drop anything on N/D/VD, and that's one of the hard requirements for TH affecting something.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 47 48 49