users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Soloing ODIN
Soloing ODIN
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-26 09:51:15  
Yes, I was thinking about higher tier DW than DW3only, which is what you get with /NIN.

Regardless, I have no other DW gear equippable by RDM atm. Granted I could probably make a cape to farm Odin but that sounds a bit like a stretch probably :x
Especially if runs are gonna take 15+ mins each, it's not really efficient to farm solo I'd say.
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-09-26 14:52:33  
So far I can solo N in less than 15min, I should time it..
You should make a DW cape to reach 31DW and have more MA gears. It's a mandatory cape for any RDM who want to melee (but that's maybe not your case)

here's my set , no Malignance yet:

range="Kaja Bow",
head="Carmine Mask +1",
body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
hands="Aya. Manopolas +2",
legs="Carmine Cuisses +1", --dw6
feet="Taeon Boots", --dw9
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
waist="Kentarch Belt +1",
left_ear="Mache Earring +1",
right_ear="Suppanomimi", --dw5
right_ring="Cacoethic Ring +1",
left_ring="Jhakri Ring",
back=gear.RDM_DW_Cape, --dw10

With this set I can hit for 350-ish per enspell

The enfeeble you use are the good ones , maybe blind useless (isn't it resisted?); the ost important ones for an efficient run : Slow2, Paramlyze2, Distract3, Frazzle3, and finally Silence

What's your enspell dmg ?

However, regarding the efficiency of soloing, I 'd tend to say go for duo or alt in order to have a THF and go N.

Finally, abut trust, you cant call any of them except of the geomancy ones, Joachim would pull hate at one time, and w/o shadow would get hit , so feeding TP
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-26 15:25:14  
is there a reason to avoid using ulmia?
ah, hate generation.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-26 15:31:29  
ItemSet 368750

You may need to adjust for food/buffs from others but yeah.

Has around 45% triple with temper II up.

Capped attack speed if you have a bard with you that isnt a trust.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-26 16:06:28  
You can use trust bards, you can afford a couple hits on them with no consequences. You can also drop a cure on them and cure again when they reup songs.

Might take some trial and error and/or a curecheat set to be certain.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-26 16:56:50  
Valefor.Gorns said: »
maybe blind useless (isn't it resisted?);
Takes a while to stick but can stick it.

Quote:
What's your enspell dmg ?
On the last run it was 333 but it was lightsday and I was using enthunder.
I have no Opheus Sash.

Died on Normal earlier, with Odin at like 25% HP.
I was trying to silence but got resisted THREE times in a row, while I was casting the fourth he hit me with Kaustra and appearently that gave him enough TP to use Zantetsuken X, which killed me lolz.
Previous Normal run took me around, I dunno, 16-17 mins from engage, probably.
(no drops of course :-P)
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-09-27 04:30:54  
Yeah his chain Kaustra > Zantetsuken X is almost instant and there’s nothing you can do to stop it ;)

333dmg is good, I don’t have Orpheus neither and can reach up to 350ish on good day. I have always used Enthunder too , w/o worrying about elemntal-day. Maybe try to put a bit more of macc in your melee set, and/or vitiation legs +3 for more enspell macc.

I’d skip blind. The time you spend casting it are as much swings avoided.

Landing silence on your 3 or 4 cast is no surprise. But if you lack of +3 / macc gears, I would save saboteur for silence at the end of the fight.

And also, did u get hit or feed him TP in’any way? I have never had kaustra Zantetsuken x unless he get some tp
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-27 05:48:33  
on that run he landed 1-2 hits on me while I was disengaged, turned around and debuffing him like crazy with Saboteur up at the beginning of the fight.

How long does Silence lasts for you guys? On Normal I have to land silence uhm... 3 times? 4?
When the first silence wears off Odin is at around 70% health. A bit above that.

When you have to re-land spells do you disengage (to make sure you use your high macc weapon)? I've always done it but noticed that I can normally land debuffs even using my level 1 daggers...
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-09-27 09:36:26  
I assume that's b/c of these 1-2 hits that he could cast Kaustra. I already lost a fight at like 5% b/c of these 1-2 hits at the beginnning of the fight.

When I start the fight I usually recast shadows after I cast Slow (or paralyze). My cycle is as follow : Saboteur > Frazzle> Slow2 > shadows > Para > Silence > Distract >Silence>Silence until no resist.

You can also start with a Stymie > saboteur > silence if needed.

On normal run, my silence last long enough to reach maybe 60%, I'll time it next time.

And finally, I found that it was no need to disengage or even lock weapon when casting mid-fight. I swap for main & sub, I try to turn around in order to avoid to hit it with my staff, but it never happened when I forgot. As you said, you can land spell with lvl1 dagger, howver, enfeeb will last longer with your main enfeeb weapons
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-27 09:38:57  
A stymie/sabo'd Silence with nq neck R15, Empy +1 full set with composure, and Kishar Ring should last:

((120 * 2.12) + 40) * 1.10 * 1.15 * 1.50 = 556 seconds so 9 minutes 16 seconds.

If you don't use stymie, and as such dont use the full Empy Set then,

((120 * 2.12) + 20) * 1.10 * 1.15 = 346 seconds [5 minutes 44 seconds] with Saboteur
(120 + 20) * 1.10 * 1.15 = 177 seconds [2 minutes 57 seconds] without Saboteur

I think that math uses the right numbers

Edit: This is for 0/5 Enfeebling Duration Merits
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-30 08:43:48  
So I finally managed to rework my gear and strategy a bit, now I'm down to like ~11,5 full solo kills on Normal, let's say 12 mins.

My enspells now deal 378 damage per hit, 415 with day proc.

I've done 13 runs. 3 on Difficult (TH9+) and the rest on Normal (2 with TH9+, rest with TH3).
Of all these 13 runs I've seen just a single drop (one I didn't want of course xD).

Now I can understand them wanting these new BCs to last more than afternoon and hence they put lower drop rates, I'm all for that, but didn't they exagerate a bit lol?
The one and, so far, only drop I got came from a N run with TH3 btw.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [79 days between previous and next post]
By Unzero 2019-12-18 15:21:27  
Are you guys using Enspell Tier I or Tier II? I feel like I am doing something wrong, couldn't kill it on VE, I assume because none of my multi-attacks were doing enspell damage? Just finished my Malignance Set (finally!) and am trying to slowly figure out how to kill Odin.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-18 15:22:59  
enspell I of course.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-18 15:24:32  
I. Enspell II only activates on the first swing of the main hand attack round, which will lead to far less overall damage. You must have been using II, so you left a ton of valuable magic damage on the table
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-12-18 15:27:40  
Unzero said: »
Are you guys using Enspell Tier I or Tier II? I feel like I am doing something wrong, couldn't kill it on VE, I assume because none of my multi-attacks were doing enspell damage? Just finished my Malignance Set (finally!) and am trying to slowly figure out how to kill Odin.

To answer your question T1 Enspells.
BG will tell you everything you need to know if you have further questions regarding Enspells

Also, use lvl 1 (dmg: 1) daggers/swords. Be sure to keep it silenced at a minimum and sub ninja if you aren't already. Also keep para, slow, frazzle, distract to help reduce possible dmg to yourself and to boost your dmg.
By Unzero 2019-12-18 15:29:35  
Thank you very much, was using Tier II enspell and... yeah. Thank you.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-12-18 15:30:03  
I'm surprised you can hit a level 130+ boss with a non ilvl dagger, would imagine you're losing out on 200+ accuracy or so.
By Unzero 2019-12-18 15:35:02  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
I'm surprised you can hit a level 130+ boss with a non ilvl dagger, would imagine you're losing out on 200+ accuracy or so.

ammo="Ginsen",
head="Carmine Mask +1",
body="Malignance Tabard",
hands="Malignance Gloves",
legs="Carmine Cuisses +1",
feet="Malignance Boots",
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
waist="Reiki Yotai",
left_ear="Sherida Earring",
right_ear="Suppanomimi",
left_ring="Petrov Ring",
right_ring="Hetairoi Ring",

My first iteration, in an attempt to copy what others are using. Missing a bit of dual wield, and not master RDM. Probably going to come back to this after getting some things figure out and some JP. But watched all the videos here and missed some big points (like Enspell Tier 1 vs Tier 2)

My first run was VE (119) but I can definitely see issues popping up when I try to do this on higher difficulties. But I'm so intrigued by the way people can solo this that I'm going to try very hard to replicate it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-18 15:35:45  

It's RDM. Distract III. Composure.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-18 15:36:01  
Dear SE, please add ilvl 119 daggers with 1 DMG. <,<
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-12-18 15:38:05  

I used this set dual wielding lvl 1 daggers with stewpot and had no problems doing Odin on D:

<ammo>Ginsen</ammo>
<head>Aya. Zucchetto +2</head>
<neck>Lissome Necklace</neck>
<lear>Suppanomimi</lear>
<rear>Telos Earring</rear>
<body>Ayanmo Corazza +2</body>
<hands>Aya. Manopolas +2</hands>
<lring>Hetairoi Ring</lring>
<rring>Chirich Ring +1</rring>
<back augment="S255463270518574">Sucellos's Cape</back>
<waist>Reiki Yotai</waist>
<legs>Aya. Cosciales +2</legs>
<feet>Malignance Boots</feet>
By Unzero 2019-12-18 15:47:08  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

???

Assuming Dual Wield or Double Attack
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-12-18 16:17:40  

???

I have STP, it's just an old melee cape that I had. However for this application and being solo, Dual Wield would be the best option in order to better reach the cap. Other options would be to duo with a a BRD friend for marches/madrigals, and elegy/threnody on Odin. If you can cap haste, Adoulin Cape is also a solid choice for more enspell dmg
By Unzero 2019-12-18 16:44:03  

???

I have STP, it's just an old melee cape that I had. However for this application and being solo, Dual Wield would be the best option in order to better reach the cap. Other options would be to duo with a a BRD friend for marches/madrigals, and elegy/threnody on Odin. If you can cap haste, Adoulin Cape is also a solid choice for more enspell dmg

Thanks! Gonna make a Dual Wield cape, I have been buying needles since I started doing Ambuscade so I guess I can change it to something else at a later date. The clarification as well as the insight is much appreciated!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2020-04-14 12:19:45  
So I took a stab at trying this fight, the only lvl.1 weapons I was able to get my hands on easy were Excalipoor and heartbeater. Even with these I was still doing physical damage to a VE Odin. I tried VE just to see how things went, and get the over all feel for the fight.

So my question is why am I still doing physical damage? Because Odin is VE, wrong weapons, too much attk+ in my gear, just unlucky?
By Chimerawizard 2020-04-14 12:28:29  
I also did dmg to odin when I tried it on VE, I moved up to N, never tried E and I stopped doing dmg. The weapons were both DMG:1 so I just assume VE odin has trash defense.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-14 12:40:30  
Isn't a matter of defense. With a dmg:1 weapon, your STR needs to be 4 below the enemies VIT to create a weapon rank of -1, which will put your base damage at 0. 0 at any ratio is 0, so even crits won't deal damage.

If you're able to hit above 0 with a damage:1 weapon, you have too much STR relative to the mob. While you could try reducing your STR, there's really no reason to go as far down as VE anyway with a cere strat. You should go up to N or higher like Chimera did, which will solve the STR/VIT differential and increase your droprates to boot.
By ashcrow 2020-04-14 13:04:52  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Dear SE, please add ilvl 119 daggers with 1 DMG. <,<
that would make amazing dyna farming weps DMG 1 TH 1 all stats +1!!