Question For All The PUPs.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Question for all the PUPs.
Question for all the PUPs.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-16 17:02:09  
Beelshamen said:
As you level camps and mobs change drastically and new camps are found out once in a while. Also people get setback when they get a crap party once in a while. You're not always going to get fantastic parties no matter if you always have a dream setup.

Not really. I think that's pretty much about as opposite as it could be. People only ever level at the same camps. Anyone you invite to a party will more than likely only know of the same camps. I've asked people if they wanted to go Bibiki several times and everytime its' "Mire or nothing"; people don't care for alternate camps, even if they'd be better. They just stick with the norm.

Levelling a job and making the parties yourself is irrelevant. You still have to invite five other people who probably only want to level in the 'cool' camps.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 17:03:59  
Wooooodum said:
Beelshamen said:
As you level camps and mobs change drastically and new camps are found out once in a while. Also people get setback when they get a crap party once in a while. You're not always going to get fantastic parties no matter if you always have a dream setup.

Not really. I think that's pretty much about as opposite as it could be. People only ever level at the same camps. Anyone you invite to a party will more than likely only know of the same camps. I've asked people if they wanted to go Bibiki several times and everytime its' "Mire or nothing"; people don't care for alternate camps, even if they'd be better. They just stick with the norm.

Levelling a job and making the parties yourself is irrelevant. You still have to invite five other people who probably only want to level in the 'cool' camps.

It's funny because at certain points some camps are way, way too overcrowded. But most people will just stay in the WG area. Why? Because they don't know any other camps or they don't think it's worth it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-16 17:05:27  
Beelshamen said:
It's funny because at certain points some camps are way, way too overcrowded. But most people will just stay in the WG area. Why? Because they don't know any other camps or they don't think it's worth it.

I've found it's mostly because people wouldn't be having their own way.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-16 17:07:46  
I did Dhalmel in Bibiki not too long ago at 68+ We had the standard set BRD, RDM, PLD, DDs. We did pretty well too, but you just have to consider Dhalmel have a LOT more HP and also that crap HP move of theirs. ><
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-16 17:47:50  
37 birds >>> 55 birds >>> 55 birds >> 60 birds if 55 birds taken >>> 55 birds >>> lv 72 >>> leech merit pt /anon > 75
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2009-10-21 03:39:04  
this has become another lol lolpup argument...lets try to get back to the real ?. why do pups constintly complain about their job....yet continue to play it. Well....as a pup,i have no clue. its a job that requires more gils and homework then the other jobs. any1 who has done there reserch know how easy a fail pup can be. that said,i relize every job has ther token idiot that plays it wrong. this combined with the already low pup numbers out there give us a bad rep.And now lets throw in level sync to really fukk up r pt invites. add all that up and i relize why i never get invites,but im ok with that...because the more i merit...the more i relize im omgftwawsome =) . ye... PUP FTW (already sold most his drk gear cuz his pup is better). so ye...ive relized these facts and im ok with it cuz pup still rocks,i guess other pups havent. Hopefully they come around b4 they give up,and stop whining and prove ppl wrong. SO maybe the answer to the question is ...who knows lol
 Unicorn.Uematsu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-10-21 05:27:08  
I couldn't help but LOfukinL at the last posters name.

HOTKARL anyone? mmm

AND on the subject of pup. DISCUSTING job. And i'll tell you what, i'm so close to my KEN KON KEN I can almost taste it.
All i need is to finish tokens (121,000/150,000) , Alexandrites (23,749/30,000) and get a Tyger's Tail. Oh i suppose i have 12 assaults left as well.

PUP+KENKONKEN=Holy ***.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-21 05:46:13  
Gl on Ken, it's true power lies in the overload. As far as pure DPS goes, they fall shortly behind Shenlongs
 Fairy.Kaoz
user: Loswa
By Fairy.Kaoz 2009-10-21 08:42:44  
Ditto, Gl on Ken.

As far as I noticed in amount of time I been playing this game, is the mind set ppl have about everything. Yeah, if you dont follow a bandwagon we'll you're pretty much stuck to close friends and urself.

The job is ok in the aspects of its capabilities. Hell better than most ppl think fully merited as one person said. But that being said, being it is a pet job and not a full DD 100% of the time depending who you are with, PUP is a bit of a cluster f*** to maintain to full potential and most ppl in this game have enough issues hitting the attack button or a macro to assist and attack the right mob.

Think back all the time since this game has been out how other jobs have had lolwhatever, and then suddenly they are one of the most wanted jobs.
I think the reason ppl see this, and this being my personal opinion, is because they think of the job as master and pet seperately. Yeah the master is not going to compare to mnk in speed and higher h2h skill. The skill lv is what screws the master DDwise.
The pets themselves are a different story.
When added as a whole the job is actually better than it looks. But most ppl will refuse to see this.

If you are not in a bandwagon in this game, basically a job wont get accepted. I personally like PUP as a main now compared to DRK and THF on this char not because of its capabilities but because it actually entertains me to actually think other than worry about 2 things, do I have TP? Hope the healer has enough mp to keep my *** alive.

Sure you can tell ppl all you can do with X job, but honestly, if ppl dont see you as whatever the little community book job specific guide says ur basically doing it wrong.

Honestly most ppl that talk about crap being done wrong are ppl who dont even have said job lv'd or enough effort into it being put. Anyone can waste all the gil to get all ur attachments, it still wont make you a good player. Its the same with other jobs tho. Its basically whos playing and whether ur playing this game like everyone expects you to.

Nowadays if ur not a zerg job, ur not a DD apparently.

And I agree with Vegetto, if ur gonna complain about pts and what not make your own. Its not that damn hard. Hell, have him get 4bsts, himself as a pup and a cor and kill birds at the lv55 sync. If they play it right, they can do 30k xp/h and no more worries about buffers and merits. The only person ull have to convince in that set up is the cor if hes not one of those bandwagon ppl.
 Ragnarok.Zyraxas
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zyraxas
By Ragnarok.Zyraxas 2009-10-21 09:16:47  
Glad to see more comments knockin down the idea of the lolpup, too many peoples just turnin their heads on it. Had a great deal of players lol cuz 200k+ was spent on the job, and the moment ya enter pt, the puppet's soloin linked IT mobs while the pt's takin on the T's. God knows the number of links I've had in pt that my faithful Zero's dispatched single-handedly, and 5ppl more start to respect the job.

Doin more dmg than a sam and burstin just makes it all the better :-P