フォーラム » FFXI » General » Medal market is dead
Medal market is dead
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-10 23:13:05  
So, tell your truth and give us a story. I don't know which of you guys did all the RMT, I just know you all had and used the exploit itself heavily and someone was dumping literally thousands of medals a day straight into gil for china. I'm not claiming to know everything that went on, I made a business decision to get it fixed and I'm certainly not interested in shutting out your viewpoint.
By Draylo 2019-11-10 23:13:31  
They actually did hand out bans for that when it was patched, but it was patched like almost a year after everyone was abusing it. Most that started early didn't get touched but mainly the people who did it when it was known.

They probably won't do much about it, it seems they don't care at all about any kind of hacks these days. Looking at that guy he even has a shield, are there any legit shields? haha
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-11-10 23:15:16  
Eli, what the heck is going on? Explain in one of the discords if you have to
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-10 23:15:59  
Of course he has a shield, he made literally trillions lol.

And no, there is not a single legit shield. absolutely zero.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-10 23:17:27  
Vankathka said: »
We all know SE will not Ban them, no one got banned for duping Salvage Alexandrite and cheapening the creation of Mythics, they won't care at all about some Medals.
Spent 100min in salvage every day repeating the good floors for like 3 months a little over a month to make my Tupsimati on 1/26/2015
Was banned on 2/06/2015.
By Vankathka 2019-11-10 23:17:43  
No one was perma'd to my knowledge, a Temp Ban is a joke, all this did was kind of trash Elidyr's reputation but people like Cheg and Ronstandt get partys all the time still so thats irrelevant really. -Edit Or someone was perma'd.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-10 23:18:53  
They don't get a single invite, they form 100% of every event because they are 100000% trash and nobody will willingly invite them to ruin your run
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-10 23:19:00  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I actually dont...

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
So, tell your truth and give us a story. I don't know which of you guys did all the RMT, I just know you all had and used the exploit itself heavily and someone was dumping literally thousands of medals a day straight into gil for china. I'm not claiming to know everything that went on, I made a business decision to get it fixed and I'm certainly not interested in shutting out your viewpoint.

Hit me on discord. Im not trying to bait you, It is legit personal and Im not looking for smpathy.
elii#1024
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-10 23:19:17  
As someone who's known of, used, and gotten many exploits fixed: They will absolutely jump straight to IP and perma bans in the event of major exploit use. Whether this is what happens to Eli and co. is entirely up to SE, but in the past it has been very consistant.

There is not a huge amount of people behind this like there was for Salvage bans. ~10 subs is expendable when they are doing that much damage to the game.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-10 23:21:00  
***, no wonder the prices just bottomed out >.>
By Felgarr 2019-11-10 23:23:07  
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-10 23:24:03  
Definately duping going on.

Velisian on Asura picked up one of each medal from ah today, just before update had 321 Beastmen's medals in bazaar at 400k each.
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-11-10 23:25:15  
He had close to 4K of each on him
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-11-10 23:27:30  
I want cheap medals ;u;
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-10 23:28:10  
Asura.Elazar said: »
He had close to 4K of each on him

FFS... Absolute scum bags going to have ruined the games economy. Someone create an official forum poll demanding perma bans
By Draylo 2019-11-10 23:28:51  
Some men just want to watch the world burn
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-10 23:30:51  
FFXI can burn after we get this story. kids is asleep, I got time today (holiday)
 Shiva.Ariaum
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-11-10 23:33:11  
I'd like to know just for the lulz as well.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-10 23:34:04  
Look, I know you weren't all in on the say chat, or the twitch, or whatever, so here's some bullet points.

-Elidyr initially found this exploit. It allowed him to get infinite medals.

-Several other people Elidyr knew, knew about this exploit.

-Someone, who may or may not have been Elidyr, was using this exploit and sending the medals to all servers to be sold as stacks on the AH, in hundreds by the bazaar, etc. There were literally thousands of medals per day being added to the economy.

-I(as well as several other people, who may or may not want to claim credit) observed that the medal supply was in excess of what should be possible, and tried to find the exploit to get it fixed.

-I found the exploit today, duped 4000 beast/kindreds medals, and threw a shitstorm in jeuno while demanding Elidyr be banned. I made it very clear to anyone potentially buying that these were duped medals by both setting a bazaar message and shouting. My intent was to publicize this and force SE to act quickly when fixing it.

-I did not originally intend to distribute all of the medals, but the crowd got me pretty hyped up and I was having fun with it, so yes, they have all been distributed at this point. While that may have a negative impact on some of you, I would like to remind you as mitigating circumstances, that this many medals were already being added several times over every week and will continue to be until this is fixed.

-Neither duped medals, nor the proceeds of such, have ever or will ever be distributed to any of my friends or customers, nor to the many dozens of Asurans who were shamelessly asking me to give them things during the 'event'.

POIDH:
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-10 23:37:48  
Well at least we know where the next 1300 corsair foot shards came from.

It's only 7 billion gil
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-10 23:42:01  
Look, I know you weren't all in on the say chat, or the twitch, or whatever, so here's some bullet points.

-Someone, who may or may not have been Elidyr, was using this exploit and sending the medals to all servers to be sold as stacks on the AH, in hundreds by the bazaar, etc. There were literally thousands of medals per day being added to the economy.

-I(as well as several other people, who may or may not want to claim credit) observed that the medal supply was in excess of what should be possible, and tried to find the exploit to get it fixed.

-I found the exploit today, duped 4000 beast/kindreds medals, and threw a shitstorm in jeuno while demanding Elidyr be banned. I made it very clear to anyone potentially buying that these were duped medals by both setting a bazaar message and shouting. My intent was to publicize this and force SE to act quickly when fixing it.

-I did not originally intend to distribute all of the medals, but the crowd got me pretty hyped up and I was having fun with it, so yes, they have all been distributed at this point. While that may have a negative impact on some of you, I would like to remind you as mitigating circumstances, that this many medals were already being added several times over every week and will continue to be until this is fixed.

-Neither duped medals, nor the proceeds of such, have ever or will ever be distributed to any of my friends or customers, nor to the many dozens of Asurans who were shamelessly asking me to give them things during the 'event'.

POIDH:

You should be banned too. Adding 4000 of each medal to the economy before blowing the whistle doesnt make you a hero
[+]
By warmech 2019-11-10 23:42:54  
Russia collusion
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-10 23:43:29  
That's a lot of cor boots...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-10 23:44:15  
That character will absolutely be banned. If my mains are banned with it, so be it, I can't say I don't deserve it.

I am not claiming moral superiority, simply outlining the events for people who were interested.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-10 23:44:15  
I found the exploit today

I was going to do this earlier but time ran out. Couldn't have been a hard exploit to find either, given you only bought 3 medals. Glad I didnt

People were speculating doing this on mains and I was confident it could be replicated on a mule with just enough to purchase each of the 3 dynamis medals.

People are gonna get banned trying this
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-10 23:48:50  
Did you send me a thousand like I asked? I'm confident they give zero *** I wouldve bought all 4 thousand and more had you told me first.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-10 23:49:33  
You'd be pretty stupid to try it now, when it's completely out in the open. In the past, they've been more than willing to track down chains of trades, sales, etc to get rid of duped items, while banning every character in the chain.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-11-10 23:50:11  
Is this limited to Dynamis items?
By trinironnie 2019-11-10 23:52:13  
Shiva.Flowen said: »

POIDH:

You should be banned too. Adding 4000 of each medal to the economy before blowing the whistle doesnt make you a hero
>.> how ya able to search how much items is on the server lol
By Josiahafk 2019-11-10 23:53:00  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I actually dont...

Hit me on discord. Im not trying to bait you, It is legit personal and Im not looking for smpathy.
elii#1024
If you ever decide you want to give us the tl;dr version of your personal tale, let us know bud.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9