Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-18 17:43:36  
DirectX said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong but house seats are divided up to states based on population numbers (more population, more seats).

The Democrat super majority states have mass homeless issues to ridiculous levels and are also "sanctuary cities" for illegals to get even more from other states, they don't even attempt to actually help these people they just exist there.

Both of these two things boost their population numbers very high, which in term helps them get more seats in the house.

So it's not just about voter manipulation.

Yea, completely wrong.
Explain how, don't be irritating.

The Federal government gives each state a "portion" of funding for things related to federal law and also gives allows them to "request" monies for other projects that the feds dem beneficial to the country. Like food stamps is a federal program, so fed gives states money based on how much they spend BUT as long as the federal programs continue they do not have to technically spend it on that it goes into the states general fund and is distributed from there.

Cali's problem is so much corruption. Look at how many big time politicians at the state level have been arrested in last 10 years. Beats out every other state.

My example earlier, Cali asked the government for billions to build a high speed railway up and down the state. They got $6.4 billion from the feds before they pulled funding for the project and Trump and FRA(federal railway association) is trying to make them payback $3.5 billion of the money they got. The rail was a dream project that had barely anything done with it. The price tag was originally $33.9 billion when it was forecast-ed in 2008 before Cali scrapped it it was and estimated cost to finish of almost $100 billion. In short project was never even a fraction completed and no one knows where all the money went.

Quote:
Project costs have escalated significantly from an initial estimate of $33.6 billion in 2008[11] for the Anaheim to San Francisco section according to the 2008 business plan, and a $40 billion total figure given to voters whose approval was sought in 2008.[12][13] The 2008 business plan proposed a 2028 completion date for Phase 1 and a one-way fare of $55 from Los Angeles to San Francisco.[14] In 2012 the Authority re-estimated the project's cost at $53.4 billion ($2011) or $68.4 billion (YOE).[15] Federal funds are dependent upon rail service, though not necessarily high-speed, starting on operational rails by December 2022.[16] In 2018 the Authority pushed estimated costs to between $63.2 billion and $98.1 billion (YOE) and delayed initial service to 2029, with Los Angeles to San Francisco service in 2033.[17][18][19] However, environment reviews for the entire San Francisco to Anaheim route would continue.[20][21] The cost for Bakersfield to Merced is $12.4 billion.[22][23][24]
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-18 17:44:45  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Who has control of the money?

Each entity has its own money.
What do you mean by entity? Each state?

State and country. The US government collects taxes, the states collect taxes. We could get more granular with counties and cities too. The US government and the state were designed to operate separately for the most part, with the federal government in charge of certain key things such as defense, interstate commerce, and other things that don’t make sense to operate at the state level.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-18 17:45:10  
Excuse the typos, screw this page on a phone!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-18 17:55:13  
Well you can't expect Kireek or I to know why if you don't explain.

Well, saying "nuh uh" is so much easier, though.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-18 18:04:54  
kireek said: »
Both of these two things boost their population numbers very high, which in term helps them get more seats in the house.

Goes without saying that illegal immigrants are not included in the census that allocates House seats. Its also very unlikely that homeless people are included in the census, however even if they were, they are US citizens, thus eligible to vote. Shouldn't need to be pointed out, but apparently it does. Stop spreading garbage conspiracies then asking to be corrected.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-02-18 18:18:28  
Homelessness is on the rise in Texas too, but because its a Republican state, we won't talk about it.
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-18 18:21:48  
Who has control of the money?

That’s a great question. On the federal level the Legislative Branch controls the purse strings. They approve spending and cuts.

Some would argue that “The Fed” controls the money, though it’s nuanced and it’s more to do with the “value” of the dollar.

State level is a little bit different.

Let’s use California as an example since it’s the topic of discussion.

The states last reported population was around 40 Million which is roughly the same amount of people who live in Canada.

The State brings in around 3 Trillion (+/- 250Billion) on an annual basis going by the reported numbers from 2018. 2019 numbers were 3.17 Trillion and 2017 was 2.75 Trillion so you can see the 250 Billion dollar annual swing.

The states revenue from taxation is closer 200Billion.

It’s latest reported public expenses are 208 Billion USD.

The majority of its money is spent on public education (K-12) at about 85-90Billion and Health and Human Services which also includes housing.

It’s economy is strong but the cost of living is astronomically high.

If you feel like digging in on your own:

https://lao.ca.gov/Publications/Report/4083
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-18 18:25:00  
So I don't see how it is the Dems fault that homelessness is on the rise under the leadership of Donald Trump.

It's not like Trump in power>% of money given to Dem leadership in California>Dems not spending it on resolving homelessness. If federal money covers this, why can the President not increase this?

As I said earlier, the fed gives them the money for said program, if they do not directly spend it on homeless people. It goes into their general fund and they are "supposed" to pay that much for the federal end of it but the issue is they don't. It has to be allocated for "homeless issue." The fight recently is that it is being spent on just "cleanup and sanitizing" and not addressing the homeless problem. A simple search of "how much has california spent in federal money on cleanup" will show over $100mil since 2015. This does not a damn thing to address the homeless issue it just makes homeless areas "look pretty." That is why Trump Administration is threatening to cut off fed aid to Cali. Cali is the richest state in the union with the most corrupt leaders. They are doing 0 to address that and feds are sick of paying for nothing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-18 18:30:12  
So I don't see how it is the Dems fault that homelessness is on the rise under the leadership of Donald Trump.

It's not like Trump in power>% of money given to Dem leadership in California>Dems not spending it on resolving homelessness. If federal money covers this, why can the President not increase this?

Um, then you still don't understand how this all works in the US. Trump doesn't control the flow of money. Congress does. Also, I thought we already covered how California squanders federal funds. Maybe you should ask Nancy Pelosi why homelessness is on the rise in her state?
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-18 18:32:56  
Homelessness is on the rise in Texas too, but because its a Republican state, we won't talk about it.

And why is that Vic? lets see I'll post some links for you..They migrate to dem run areas because of the "free" social and welfare programs. Hey what do I know I only took the first 4 search results. I can post a ton more if you like? Nothing like dumping your ***on someone else instead of fixing it, typical dem strategy

Portland offering homeless one way tickets to wherever they want

San Fran offers homeless one way tickets out of state

LA gives hundreds of homeless one way bus tickets out of state

Homeless capitals give homeless one way tickets out of town
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-18 18:34:34  
Their sneaky ***is why you never hear a single dem on that debate stage say a damn word about homeless people.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-18 18:42:41  
Goes without saying that illegal immigrants are not included in the census that allocates House seats.

Vic...dude...we have discussed this before about searching something before you speak?

Everyone is counted in the census homeless, citizens, illegals or if you prefer "undocumented." Remember the whole citizen question fight on the census form?

Don't believe me..copy and pasted from the US Census .gov site..

Quote:
Are undocumented residents (aliens) in the 50 states included in the apportionment population counts? back to top

Yes, all people (citizens and noncitizens) with a usual residence in the 50 states are to be included in the census and thus in the apportionment counts.

.gov link
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-02-18 18:43:47  
Trump doesn't control the flow of money. Congress does.

Except when he needs favors from the Ukraine.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-18 18:45:58  
So your unnecessarily overcomplicated system makes it difficult to spend money where it is needed or hold budget holders accountable?

okay

Keep in mind that we have a much larger population than you and a lot more land to boot. Having the federal government be in charge of everything would be a nightmare. The system is certainly far from perfect, but it does allow much more freedom to live in a place that governs according to your values. You get to decide which state gives you the best bang for your tax buck. Think California's taxes are too high? There are plenty of other options for you.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-18 18:49:29  
Odin.Slore said: »

And why is that Vic? lets see I'll post some links for you..They migrate to dem run areas because of the "free" social and welfare programs. Hey what do I know I only took the first 4 search results. I can post a ton more if you like? Nothing like dumping your ***on someone else instead of fixing it, typical dem strategy

Portland offering homeless one way tickets to wherever they want

San Fran offers homeless one way tickets out of state

LA gives hundreds of homeless one way bus tickets out of state

Homeless capitals give homeless one way tickets out of town

Posting from phone but yeah feel free to post some relevant links as to why the homeless problem is growing in Texas that preferably not behind a paywall. Also, make sure to include Texas specifically.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-18 18:52:10  
Yeah cause the web can track where thousands of people are being bused to on one way tickets. I am sure many states would like to get the stats on that to sue them.
By volkom 2020-02-18 19:04:31  

republican state with liberal city councils in all the major cities*
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-18 19:48:22  
So your unnecessarily overcomplicated system makes it difficult to spend money where it is needed or hold budget holders accountable?

okay

Keep in mind that we have a much larger population than you and a lot more land to boot. Having the federal government be in charge of everything would be a nightmare. The system is certainly far from perfect, but it does allow much more freedom to live in a place that governs according to your values. You get to decide which state gives you the best bang for your tax buck. Think California's taxes are too high? There are plenty of other options for you.
To me this just says you should be in support of smaller states and governance then. It does piss me off when people think Norway and Finland are idyllic when not accounting for the fact that there are literally 5M people in each (half the population of London).

It's much easier to manage things better when small (hi2u poverty in India and fascist training camps in China). Unless you're Scotland where you can have only 5M people and still manage to only be a cesspint of heroin addicts.

Ah, those glorious moments when we actually agree on something.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-18 22:21:30  
Or we make Canada our 51st state. Gotta bridge ourselves to Alaska somehow.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-18 22:26:09  
Uh, we are gonna have to break that up, we would only want West Canada. *** those French in Montreal
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-18 23:02:15  
Odin.Slore said: »
Yeah cause the web can track where thousands of people are being bused to on one way tickets. I am sure many states would like to get the stats on that to sue them.

There is the issue that same states fixed their homeless problem by busing them out to California as well.

Its like a game of homeless hot potato.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/dec/20/bussed-out-america-moves-homeless-people-country-study

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/us/homeless-busing-seattle-san-francisco.html

https://www.mintpressnews.com/500-homeless-mental-patients-were-given-bus-pass-california-by-nevada-government-program/210607/

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/10/nevada-settles-busing-homeless-lawsuit-san-francisco/

https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/nyc-homeless-initiative-sends-people-across-us-without-telling-receiving-cities/

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-homeless-bus-20180312-story.html
By fonewear 2020-02-20 09:26:06  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-20 09:28:56  
I was in dyna so didnt see the debate but I heard Bloomberg was dunked on repeatedly last night.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-02-20 09:32:19  
"TERRIBLE NIGHT FOR THE DEMOCRATS"

That's all you really need to know
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-20 09:42:44  
Nah.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 58 59 60