Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 09:41:24  
Voren said: »
Video games, movies, and music have taken a hit from one extreme group or the other since their inception. Christian conservatives rallied against AC/DC at one point way back when. Marilyn Manson is a great example as well. Rockstar games has put out content that was questionable to some, but it was still put out.

Comedians....come on man have you not seen Bob Sagget? Burt Kreisher? Tom Segura? Yeah they're not being redacted.

You want to talk about removing history? Ok, go look up school resource books for American schools that reference slavery in the US. Native-Americans and the atrocities that happened to them. Those areas have been redacted for a long time by the Christian conservatives and federal government in order to hide what was done.

Hell, I bet if I put up an American history book referencing the war between the colonies and Britain circa 1776 against one from your country that we'd see some vastly different accounts.

This is the type of incoherent rambling that Joe Biden made famous.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 09:41:43  
Remember rotary phones record players and black and white movies...I do !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-03 10:50:31  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »

Seems relevant.

That is horrific.
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-04 00:42:57  
kireek said: »
Video games, movies, and music have taken a hit from one extreme group or the other since their inception. Christian conservatives rallied against AC/DC at one point way back when. Marilyn Manson is a great example as well. Rockstar games has put out content that was questionable to some, but it was still put out.

Comedians....come on man have you not seen Bob Sagget? Burt Kreisher? Tom Segura? Yeah they're not being redacted.

You want to talk about removing history? Ok, go look up school resource books for American schools that reference slavery in the US. Native-Americans and the atrocities that happened to them. Those areas have been redacted for a long time by the Christian conservatives and federal government in order to hide what was done.

Hell, I bet if I put up an American history book referencing the war between the colonies and Britain circa 1776 against one from your country that we'd see some vastly different accounts.

The difference is everyone is capitulating to the modern left in a way never seen before, Mortal Kombat in 2011 fought back against censorship from Conservatives. Family guy and south park laughed and carried on, no longer. Now they are the ones doing it. Comedy has been attempted to be castrated forever, only the modern left managed it. We have comedians apologizing for jokes they made 10 years ago and being de platformed from award shows, comedy clubs and netflix specials if they don't.

The religious right are like the most censorious chipmunk in the world, they are fu*king awful but they are still only a chipmunk that have no power. The left are authoritarians with the power and will to do something about it and they are using that power.

The left control almost every social media company, they control almost all of Hollywood, they control almost all the video game industry etc

Asura.Saevel said: »
bunch of stuff that was way off the mark

I'm registered Republican. Only time I ever voted Democrat was against Mary Fallin in 2014 and if you do a cursory search of her you'd see why. God she was horrible.

Voting history: Bush, Bush, McCain, Romney, Johnson.

Congratulations on being completely wrong. Keep up the great work buddy, you're doing terrific.

What you are signed as is irrelevant and so is what you voted in the past, what you support now is what matters. Making excuses for the modern extremist left is what you seem to be doing, if you think Trump is worse than the modern left you're as bad as they are.

The reason almost all conservatives and independents are siding with Trump is because even thought some of them may not like him they see the very real danger from the modern left, they know he is about a million times better than the other side. Who are destructive to the nation and its people by design.

If you want proof how much better Trump is, this pandemic is all you need. This is the perfect time when he could of grabbed power and become the total authoritarian the press says he always wanted to be. What does he do? he defers powers to the states instead, the governors have the power to initiate lock-downs or not, he has not taken control of all businesses he has worked with them instead.

Your assumption about me has evidence to the contrary so you dig really deep to try to dismiss it rather than just admitting you were incorrect. Way to triple down there. Let's not be even remotely reasonable at all.

If you believe a person's history has no bearing on their current beliefs you're about as sane as Sanders and lucid as Biden.

Your example of why most conservatives and independents are siding with Trump was something I stated before and you wrote off as incorrect. They are choosing the lesser of two evils (I put weasels). You wrote out an accurate example, will love to see the counter you put forth when you continue your insanity.

As for Trump's response to the pandemic, I'll stick to the business portion of it. I agree with his signing of the DPA and not using it until he had to. I feel he's done his best to try to get companies to work with the government as well as consumers to get products and protective gear that's needed. People are fearful of martial law, I'm not seeing him throw that down any time soon, not unless there's lawlessness running rampant and police need help, so I'm not even worried on that front, but you're right he's not taken a dictator stance at all, which isn't something to really pat him on the back about, but I'll give it to him.

Trump's still going to win 2020. I'm one of the ones voting for him as a lesser of two evils. This does not mean I'm going to sit back and agree with every policy he puts forth or everything he says. He's my employee, I have the right to question his judgement.
By orangemanbad 2020-04-04 08:46:52  
DirectX said: »
I bet Rav owns a MAGA hat and flywheel

You probably have a picture of the Queen right next to your tea and crumpets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-04 09:36:44  
Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Shiva.Zerowone said: »

Seems relevant.

That is horrific.

More horror...

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-04 11:08:49  
Have they blamed COVID-19 on Trump yet? Figured by now that Pelosi and her allies in China would have found a way to say the pandemic is Trumps fault.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-04 13:26:55  
Okay, Boomer.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-04 17:20:27  
Have they blamed COVID-19 on Trump yet? Figured by now that Pelosi and her allies in China would have found a way to say the pandemic is Trumps fault.
No, they are blaming our lack of early action on him.

Also our dismal shortfall in testing.

Also for firing the very people who were in place to prepare for and warn us about imminently impending pandemics.

And putting fricking JARED in charge.

But the pandemic itself? None of the conspiracy theories I have heard mention Trump except to say either how his stupidity has doomed us or how his brilliance will save us.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2020-04-05 08:09:35  
orangemanbad said: »
orangemanbad said: »
I bet Rav owns a MAGA hat and flywheel

You probably have a picture of the Queen right next to your tea and crumpets.
Did you get bored of fisting yourself over your old avatar?

You ever get tired of being a British son of a *** ?

Jesus, fone, at least try to be subtle. Diving back into P+R at exactly 100 posts on a new account?
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-05 09:22:12  
Did Fone get section banned?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-05 09:44:09  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
No, they are blaming our lack of early action on him.

Also our dismal shortfall in testing.

Also for firing the very people who were in place to prepare for and warn us about imminently impending pandemics.

And putting fricking JARED in charge.

But the pandemic itself? None of the conspiracy theories I have heard mention Trump except to say either how his stupidity has doomed us or how his brilliance will save us.

Ok so you are blaming COVID-19 on Trump, and that's your 2020 election strategy, gotcha.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-05 09:48:21  
Wait, did fone actually get banned?

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-04-05 10:44:56  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Wait, did fone actually get banned?

Section banned a while ago. Fully banned now. Circumventing suspensions is the absolute fastest way to ensure you don't ever get to come back.

I don't understand the mentality of section banning, if you hate P&R so much just remove it all together from FFXIAH? Why even have the section on the forum at all if you are so angered by its existence to the point you get annoyed when people post here too much.

It exists as a quarantine. Rather than have to police the whole of the forums from people getting shitty with each other about politics, this concentrates it in a section that people can opt out of seeing.

I don't get annoyed when people post here too much. I get annoyed when they cause problems and don't even participate in the rest of the community at all. The purpose of this cordoned off little section is to let people who are part of the community in other ways get their little partisan rocks off in a way no one else has to deal with.

I get this is your site (i think it is your site, if not ask the owner to do it) and you can ban whoever you want for any reason you want but how is Viciouss still posting just fine with total immunity when people who do the same things do get banned?

I really hope this isn't a political bias behind these bans (if there is I get you can do that, this is your private site but still) because that would be lame as hell. Has anyone on the left been banned? I'm just curious.

People on both sides have been nuked, but in general I have found it's the right leaning types who have such an allergy to rules. They are without exception the only ones who keep trying to circumvent bans. I tend to give Vic some extra leeway because he gets singled out by by the right so often even when he does play by the rules. If you'd like, I can just nuke ALL of the offenders.

As for my personal politics, the only times they factor in to decisions here, I am upfront and transparent about it. Anti-vaxx horseshit, the recent covid-19 declaration, etc. I don't have to hide my motives.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-05 11:05:28  
I don't understand the mentality of section banning.

Some sections are more heated than others, so instead of banning someone completely where they lose access to all forums...section banning allows them to still post in the other sections.

if you hate P&R so much just remove it all together from FFXIAH? Why even have the section on the forum at all if you are so angered by its existence to the point you get annoyed when people post here too much.

I don't believe anyone has ever been banned for posting too much, there are no limits to my knowledge.

I get this is your site (i think it is your site, if not ask the owner to do it) and you can ban whoever you want for any reason you want but how is Viciouss still posting just fine with total immunity when people who do the same things do get banned?

Why call out another poster here? It's a bit rude, and in my short time here I haven't seen him do anything that would warrant banning.

I really hope this isn't a political bias behind these bans (if there is I get you can do that, this is your private site but still) because that would be lame as hell. Has anyone on the left been banned? I'm just curious.

Accusing the mods of banning people based on political affiliation is an awfully slippery slope, and probably not a good idea based on mere assumption.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 11:29:29  
Rooks said: »
People on both sides have been nuked, but in general I have found it's the right leaning types who have such an allergy to rules. They are without exception the only ones who keep trying to circumvent bans. I tend to give Vic some extra leeway because he gets singled out by by the right so often even when he does play by the rules. If you'd like, I can just nuke ALL of the offenders.

I wouldn’t suggest nuking all offenders, but there is a noticeable amount of crap that people get away with in here without so much as a slap on the wrist from the mods. Next thing we know, someone gets section banned. I understand that nobody wants to spend all day in here policing this crap, but going from 0 to 11 in punishment seems a little counterproductive when the lack of enforcement on things like personal attacks, name-calling, constant aggression, etc. are what lead to the perception that people can get away with more egregious offenses if they feel like it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-05 11:35:07  
No different than the game.

Always respect the hammer and you won't get bopped.
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 11:39:40  
I think there has only been 5 total sectionbans including fonewear, which I didn't even know he got one until just now. Certainly can't make a case any of the previous 4 weren't well deserved.
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 11:45:59  
Oh, 6. I forgot about Lordgrim.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-04-05 11:46:37  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Rooks said: »

I wouldn’t suggest nuking all offenders, but there is a noticeable amount of crap that people get away with in here without so much as a slap on the wrist from the mods. Next thing we know, someone gets section banned. I understand that nobody wants to spend all day in here policing this crap, but going from 0 to 11 in punishment seems a little counterproductive when the lack of enforcement on things like personal attacks, name-calling, constant aggression, etc. are what lead to the perception that people can get away with more egregious offenses if they feel like it.

Some people, I have conversations with in PM. Others make it clear from their actions that they're not particularly interested in warnings.

In fone's case, he'd gotten more than a few slaps on the wrist. Creating a new account to circumvent his current suspension was absolutely a one way ticket to nuke town, and if someone who's been here as long as he has hasn't picked up on that by now, then a come to Jesus talk wasn't going to have any effect either.

I'd like to address this point specifically though:

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I understand that nobody wants to spend all day in here policing this crap

You've been here long enough to remember that I actually posted in this section fairly often for a while. Not just as a "patrol" or whatnot, but because I enjoyed the discussions. There is none of that anymore. It's all OWN DA LIBZ vs ORANGE MAN EVIL and it sucks.

So if it's shitty enough on a daily basis that people who would otherwise engage on these topics stay away, then "swoop in, blow someone up, leave again" is exactly the moderation style y'all are going to get, and it's the one that's deserved. I'm not going to order the mods to spend time in here and no one seems to use the report function anymore, so what happens is someone finally crosses a line too many times or does it in some way that draws attention to things and they get blown up.

Every so often I rattle the saber and things get better for fifteen minutes, but I'm done with that too.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 58 59 60