December 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-10 05:37:29  
Pantafernando said: »
Seriously its getting old those time gated content.

So SE artificially makes players busy daily.

In fact it just becomes a daily chore, a bother.

I would prefer something like higher cost but no limits. THen, when you feel like, spend a weekend and farm for hours
I hate these things myself, but trying to get out from my personal "player perspective" and tryin to get into their shoes, I can't say I blame them.

They can't possibly release "new things to do" every week.
Even if they could, some players would be unhappy because they would feel overwhelmed by the amount of things to do.

If they make so there is no gating a good amount of players would grind their *** out of it with 24/7 gameplay (or cheats/bots) and whine they "Have nothing to do, game is boring" because they already got it all, while another minority of players slowly gets those pieces at their own pace.

Do the opposite, and then a part of the player base is happy because they don't feel "stressed" by the fact they feel compelled to play 24/7, but another part of the player base will complain that they can't do more than a certain amont of progress every day.

I mean, put it whichever way you like but there is no way to make everyone happy.
At the same time they need to slow down progress to keep players busy for a certain amount of time while they work on new things to release.
Everything is a compromise. Gating is a compromise.
They could've avoided gating but set the prices to insane amounts of points, like 15.000 Domain Invasion points for an earring.
I'm sure some players would've liked that approach better, but then again some others don't.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-12-10 05:46:46  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Domain Invasion on Asura is worse than Besieged atm. BLU AoE nukes down the little ones and the wyrms die in under 20 seconds for a whopping 235 silt and didn't see any message about those other points at all.
They should've made the Wyrm HP/DT scale with the number of participating players.

It becomes a pain when you're solo and likewise when there's too many people.
How strange they still haven't thought about this.

Fire up quetz bot and go to sleep, don't even think about what silt/beads you're getting.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-10 05:51:19  
Probably scaling mob hp would be difficult in terms of programming as you can have people joining and leaving at any time.

As a side note, do the reisen dragon still drop stones? Seeing the digest it sounded like they would remove all drops.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-12-10 06:00:18  
As a side note, do the reisen dragon still drop stones? Seeing the digest it siunded like they would remove all drops.
I killed Quetz once since update got nothing.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 06:05:22  
DirectX said: »
So you can just stand there afk while people kill the same dragon over as it comes around in the cycle and get points? Or you have to get a new tag each time?

ofc you need a tag XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 06:06:22  
People got suspended for using Quetz but for what I’ve been told recently. Not a good thing to use anymore for such a low reward
By Pantafernando 2019-12-10 06:15:19  
Ugh wyrm ash can be sent through.same account?

Can it be sold?

They made me run all mules to 99 because of aman

If they make me run all mules RoV till reisen... jesus
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-12-10 06:18:40  
Can it be sold?
Only flag on it is "Not vendorable" so you can send it to whoever you like, sell it on on ah, bazaar it, can't get it from the gobbie box etc etc
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-10 06:21:53  
Well, guess another 2 months wasted to get all 1$ mule to reisen...
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 06:24:37  
Ugh wyrm ash can be sent through.same account?

Can it be sold?

They made me run all mules to 99 because of aman

If they make me run all mules RoV till reisen... jesus

First of all they already made you to run through to Reisen because of DM campaign. Now for domain, you dont need Reisen I think. All you need is Zitah, tho you will be limited to get points from only one dragon.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-10 06:26:51  
Good point.

I guess suddenly Azi Dahaka will become the most killed dragon,far surpassing quetz
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 06:30:44  
Also doing all 15 mules is pretty much unrealistic. You need 4 DI on avg. Thats like ~1hour. You can take multiply mules froms ame account at once, so you would need 15 hours rotating mules for every DI to get 80 points per day on each. With access to just Zitah, its not even possible since you have like 1 Zitah dragon every 45min+.

So in reality, you can use few mules for it or else you gonna lose sanity.
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 06:32:28  
Good point.

I guess suddenly Azi Dahaka will become the most killed dragon,far surpassing quetz

you cant really kill more of one dragon than other. They rotate now, you need to kill one to pop another one in next zone. Zitah>Ru'Aun>Reisen>Zitah>Ru'Aun...
[+]
By volkom 2019-12-10 06:35:43  
No new GS for drk ;(
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2019-12-10 06:38:58  
Seriously its getting old those time gated content.

100% agree - its just not fun and its artificial - time gates do not add to difficulty, fun, experience, etc. - they only exist to prevent immediate content exhaustion in the never ending release of sideways progressions.

I'd rather take low drop rates over time gates.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2019-12-10 06:49:31  
Emergency maintenance coming up

Hauskbok bullet stats only available in Domain Invasion lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 06:58:31  
Low drop rates on good items then you get bottle necks like lilith odin Alexander Cait HTBF, having to run hundreds of runs to get desirable items. You get burned out/annoyed quicker. They went the way of “monthly deeds” here for two reasons really: to keep you playing EVERY DAY (else risk being behind in the gear race) and because they have nothing else planned for us for a bit. The fact that they opted to not use beads was just their way of resetting everybody to day one, so now everyone has to work incrementally to get points, which should alleviate some daily congestion (bead farming might suck).

Is it really that big of a deal that it can take you a month or two or three to get most of the good items you want? What’s the big deal anyways, there is no scalable content where said gear would be necessary. All these new pieces are doing are making content we already do easier, or introducing more efficiency in sets. Ambuscade sets and capes were initially limited, and it took several months to get most of the good pieces. At least this gives people a chance to farm it on their own and find a crafter if they want, or skip it and buy for high prices, rather than one or the other.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-10 07:22:11  
I'm not a fan of gating either, but as I said before we need to get in the dev's shoes. They need to artificially slow down our progress somehow.
One may argue they don't always find the good compromise between "too much" and "not enough" but they have to.

Personally I like a bit of variety. Having ONLY gated content or ONLY content with absymally low drop rates, will ultimately burn me out.
Having a bit of both and then some other mixtures in between is what I ultimately find the most acceptable compromise.

Variation keeps me from getting too much bored and too burned out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 07:33:52  
As a casual with dwindling playtime every week, there’s really only so much I can accomplish in a day. Without a campaign it looks like this for me

Swart farming 1-2 times on THF (takes over an hour if I manage to do runs)
Accolades dumping (1-2 hours depending job and point value)
Lilith spam/burn merits (as needed throughout day)
Other ad hoc things (ls dynamis/omen/vagary/ambuscade)
+++Whatever lucrative active campaign is up (htbf, cp, NNI, Delve spam, assuming it doesn’t conflict with other things)

Only speaking for myself but with something moderate that has a daily cap, I can feel accomplished getting something small done over time vs rushing to get it done all at once and other things get neglected. The recent omen card campaign put a dent into my swart potential, probably ~3 stacks worth, but a needed sacrifice. The previous few month’s Lilith gear put an even bigger dent in my other dailies. It is a little annoying having to add an extra thing to do, but I prefer the feeling of something that has a clear end vs something that can be spammed to no end until you get what you want. Might take longer but keeps me active throughout the game.

My only problem is when something good like CP campaign or Dynamis falls on a day where my play time is already short, which makes everything else get pushed aside. Makes choosing what to do harder.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-10 07:36:22  
Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »

How does anyone have them yet?
By Shichishito 2019-12-10 07:36:30  
if they go for time gate i prefer the abyssea model where you'd accumulate entry KIs that prevent you to rush thru it right away but you are also not forced to do it everyday like a chore if you don't want to lose out.

i don't like the "right ear" condition on the earring, only makes it more difficult to keep track of what earring/ring has to be in which slot of a particular set.

is nobody pissed they shove entire sets down our throats just for 1 new event? it gets more and more ridiculous. just increase the god damn base subscription fee by 2 bucks and add wardrobes 3-4 to standard instead of this dishonest BS.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-12-10 07:38:33  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »

packets baby.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-10 07:38:46  
They could just made most of that domain gear “all jobs”. Don’t see why they needed to make various sets with the same stats.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-10 07:48:08  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
they're 80 points, with people actively rotating you can get a pouch in about an hour and a half even on dead servers from your first day's cap

edit: nvm, those are the 1000 pt ones

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-12-10 07:56:07  
So the MAB+40 bullets are DI only at the moment, or supposed to be DI only?

They look to be 1000 points each and Rare/EX, so, not for shooting.

The Delve ammo -1 is what's 80 points a pouch.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-10 08:01:29  
So the MAB+40 bullets are DI only at the moment, or supposed to be DI only?

Stats are too insane tobe used outside without any restrictions.

The voluspa ammo are physical, maybe the hauskbok are the magical part but the translation forgot the DI only? Just a guess.

Someone could check the jp description though
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-10 08:01:41  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Only speaking for myself but with something moderate that has a daily cap, I can feel accomplished getting something small done over time vs rushing to get it done all at once and other things get neglected.
Not sure if you can feel "accomplished" with just 80 points a day when all the good stuff costs so much more.
Yes I'll admit I'm biased against this way of gating stuff behind daily points cap BUT there is at least one good thing about this, for me anyway.

It's a nice break from all the months of insanely low drop rate I've been after all these past time.
The Drop rate on Omen stuff
The Drop rate on the new BCs
The Drop rate on the stuff I want from AMAN trove.
The Drop rate on Volte pieces I want...
...and then another random chance on me winning the lot, supposing what I need ever drops.

Here things are gonna be tedious and slow, but at least I'm gonna make REAL progress, bit by bit, without having to rely on these extremely ungrateful random rates that have been haunting me with bad luck as of late.

So YES, as against daily gated content as I am, I'll warmly welcome this break/variation with open arms, for this one time at least.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12