December 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-10 08:18:00  
you don't even need to touch it to get the 20 credits

so basically it's some mobile game ***, even on leviathan the dragon is dying in 10 seconds, just show up and collect your daily handout

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-10 08:29:15  
DirectX said: »
So we're just waiting for someone to create a tool to warp to dragon, wait, warp back for tag, warp back, for credits? (Yes, I bet people will be this lazy even just for 4 kills, particularly when they have tons of chars)

it'd take like 3 hours to do it that way, since they are on a cycle now instead of each having their own spawn.. you'd have to warp between the 3 zones
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-12-10 08:34:44  
What effect, if any, does this have on bead farming (positive or negative)?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-10 08:36:54  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
So we're just waiting for someone to create a tool to warp to dragon, wait, warp back for tag, warp back, for credits? (Yes, I bet people will be this lazy even just for 4 kills, particularly when they have tons of chars)

it'd take like 3 hours to do it that way, since they are on a cycle now instead of each having their own spawn.. you'd have to warp between the 3 zones
Can't you just wait in the same zone for it to cycle back around?
By Nariont 2019-12-10 08:38:16  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

farming GF mobs just got a whole lot more appealing, dragons are dying within seconds so enjoy those 20~ beads/kill
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-10 08:39:27  
So 100 beads max per fight since dying so fast. So purchasable beads with domain points in near future I assume.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-10 08:42:22  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »

That's what I was thinking.

ofc you can, but it'd take like 3 hours, which is what i said
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-12-10 08:45:30  
Nariont said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

farming GF mobs just got a whole lot more appealing, dragons are dying within seconds so enjoy those 20~ beads/kill

Making me sad Nari :( what’s the best GF to spam for beads these days anyway? T1 Reisenjima stuff?
By Pantafernando 2019-12-10 09:02:13  
Well, one last qq of me, they could just add a new content to gather points and distribute gear/mats. Instead, they used a existing content not actually popular but that served a purpose (farming beads/silts/vorseal/drops) and just changed it almost entirely killing the original purpose.

The new DI didnt need to be DI. It seems it just is DI because devs didnt want to make new foes, new instance, new rules. Instead, changed the existing one.

Less effort, it seems
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-12-10 09:09:26  
In b4 Stack of 99 Wyrm Ash on Asura AH
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-10 09:09:57  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Bismarck.Xurion said: »

That's what I was thinking.

ofc you can, but it'd take like 3 hours, which is what i said
Yeah I can't see someone's bot caring about how long it takes whilst the bot's owner is doing other things like Netflix or sleeping.
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 09:15:09  
Asura.Toralin said: »
In b4 Stack of 99 Wyrm Ash on Asura AH

Soooo, I wanted to get 1 Wyrm Ash and got 99 BY MISTAKE. Help

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2019-12-10 09:53:08  
With how fast the dragons drop, they should've added 10,000% HP to him if they wanted people to be attracted to the DI only gear. Who will spend their points on something that dies in 15secs so that it can die in 14.2secs and you can receive 7 less silt per run, especially when you don't even need to engage and do a single thing to get your domain points? Maybe one day the DI only gear will have some value when almost no one wants to do the content anymore?

In principle, I'm irritated that they made the DI mage feet have mab+50 instead of the ws50 they gave the other sets. Probably won't buy any of the set, anyway though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-12-10 09:55:40  
SIRD belt looks interesting, could probably tweak SIRD sets with that an also good defense on it. like Thorny said, some nice accessories, but the domain invasion gear is meh except for said content. (some could be used in Meva sets if no volte)

Gonna try testing enmity values on the new PLD ja; don't think it's really going to affect how most PLDs play the job though.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-10 09:55:56  
Torzak said: »
With how fast the dragons drop, they should've added 10,000% HP to him if they wanted people to be attracted to the DI only gear. Who will spend their points on something that dies in 15secs so that it can die in 14.2secs and you can receive 7 less silt per run, especially when you don't even need to engage and do a single thing to get your domain points? Maybe one day the DI only gear will have some value when almost no one wants to do the content anymore?

In principle, I'm irritated that they made the DI mage feet have mab+50 instead of the ws50 they gave the other sets. Probably won't buy any of the set, anyway though.

You beat me to it. My question was going to be: do they plan on increasing domain to some of the hardest content in the game eventually with that new gear? Cause it's absolutely crazy stat spewing. 30 STP on a grip...
If they dont plan to increase anything. Then gear is the most worthless ***in the game unless you're on a dead server
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-12-10 09:59:14  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
If they dont plan to increase anything. Then gear is the most worthless ***in the game unless you're on a dead server

I guess it helps people who solo DI for beads once the initial zest for this update wears and dragons are sitting there untouched ford ays again, since you know, unless returning players or scrubs, most people finished aeonics 2.5-3 years ago.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-10 10:12:14  
When you get bored of FFXI remember you can always talk about FFXI here.

Hell it might be more fun than actually playing the game !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-10 10:13:17  
Also Paladin is the great curing job of all time...you should probably retire white mage.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-10 10:15:45  
WHM is not for curing.
WHM is for those Yagrush AoE -na spells, yo!
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-10 10:18:37  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

I guess it helps people who solo DI for beads once the initial zest for this update wears and dragons are sitting there untouched ford ays again, since you know, unless returning players or scrubs, most people finished aeonics 2.5-3 years ago.

Lol sure, for Bahamuts dead *** server. There are people probably already soloing there. Asura will have minimum 80 people in each one for the next 6 months. I haven't even tried to do the math yet. But the "zest" isn't going to die down any time soon especially for people with multiple jobs
By Draylo 2019-12-10 10:19:21  
So they nerfed bead gain?
[+]
By Torzak 2019-12-10 10:20:57  
So far I've only seen Domain Points show in the log once and silt/beads twice. Checked the NPC and despite not seeing it in the log, still getting the points.

Go go packet loss :/
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-12-10 10:21:21  
Draylo said: »

They claim you'll get the same number of beads. They claim.
By SimonSes 2019-12-10 10:22:12  
Draylo said: »

No, but bead gain is based on several things (afaik easiest being many crit hits) that require time to fulfill. When dragon dies in 10-20 sec you dont have that time and you end up getting 100+ beads.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-12-10 10:23:44  
Torzak said: »

They should give the dragon a way to recover HP and mitigate damage if it goes down too fast.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-10 10:23:49  
fonewear said: »
When you get bored of FFXI remember you can always talk about FFXI here.

Hell it might be more fun than actually playing the game !
:Drakenv summons meme.gif:
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12