Superwarps - Questionable.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Superwarps - Questionable.
Superwarps - Questionable.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-27 15:59:55  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
This is not true of every branch
With "branch" you mean different variations of the lua code used for Fast Follow?
Because in the version I used actually I had to use it from the same PC, when I tried to run it from a different PC, it wasn't working.
And, like I mentioned before, before I noticed that the Mule had 0% movement speed, I found it "stuck" several times because my own character outpaced it.

But if there's "customized" versions of Fastfollow around then it's a whole different story of course.

Then again I only used it for a few days so I can't exactly claim to have a very large experience with it, eh
 Bismarck.Demetor
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Demetor
By Bismarck.Demetor 2023-11-27 16:17:01  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
This is not true of every branch
With "branch" you mean different variations of the lua code used for Fast Follow?
Because in the version I used actually I had to use it from the same PC, when I tried to run it from a different PC, it wasn't working.
And, like I mentioned before, before I noticed that the Mule had 0% movement speed, I found it "stuck" several times because my own character outpaced it.

But if there's "customized" versions of Fastfollow around then it's a whole different story of course.

No one's talking about characters warping around in an attempt to keep up with the main during normal walking, it's strictly related to when you zone.

The addon attempts to solve the minor annoyance of zoning while following (if you've used native game follow you've probably had an occurrence where the character your following zones in front of you and you don't hit the zone line, so you end up running in the polar opposite direction instead) by injecting the packet for zoning.

It looks like it does attempt to vaguely validate that your position/starting zone are correct but not particularly well. There's some unintended behavior happening and people have apparently been zoning into the wrong areas or ending up in the middle/off the map after the zone. Not worth the risk for what's ultimately a minor annoyance. I personally don't see the need for the addon at all but that's just me, I can't imagine some astronomical improvement over vanilla follow or just setting your follow index using windower/ashita functions.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-28 04:43:56  
DaneBlood said: »
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Has this fastfollow issue ever been resolved?

If anyone can point me to a better follow tool for multiboxer's it'd be appreciated if this hasn't been fixed.

Well I wrote a potential solution right above your post.
just mark put the code that handles the auto zoning and give them that last nudge yourself.

I have had no issue since I remove that zone handling part from the add-on

I'd humbly request a more specific answer of what I'd need to comment out. Theres tons of lines in the code referencing Zone and i'm not trying to break the whole thing.

In the meantime I'm trying out the update? from here: https://github.com/DiscipleOfEris/Windower4Addons/issues/5

Hopefully no issues.
From what others have said, it seems to be an issue with Packetflow running at the same time as Fast Follow? To be completely honest.... I started using PacketFlow when everyone in it's thread deemed it to be relatively safe to use, but havn't noticed much of a difference in lag or load speeds... so maybe I'll try unloading that instead.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-28 06:25:25  
Pretty sure Svenbent = daneblood, so he was referring to the same update you are. It removes the notification to other characters to zone, but not the code to process zone requests, so if any character has the old version loaded you would still be potentially warping. If all characters use that version, it should be ok. A better fix would be to remove the code to *use* the zone request, or both. It's also a bit cocky to put your name on someone's addon for deleting a few lines of code.

PacketFlow is not altering the traffic sent to the server, only the speed of it. Getting rid of PacketFlow won't change the faulty premises I outlined in my last post, but it might make the circumstances around them occur less often.

Using a modification that removes the zone request packet behavior will be fully safe with or without PacketFlow, as that is the cause of the erratic behavior. As said, it does mean you'll typically stop short of a zone and have to nudge your character forward, because being in range of the person you're following while they zone is not crossing the zoneline.

A better fix would be to use a different sort of zone request; send the position and direction so the client can override the default running behavior by reaching that position then running in that direction. Then you won't get stuck at zonelines, and you would have no erratic packet sends either because the client would still handle zoning for you.

Bismarck.Demetor said: »
It looks like it does attempt to vaguely validate that your position/starting zone are correct but not particularly well. There's some unintended behavior happening and people have apparently been zoning into the wrong areas or ending up in the middle/off the map after the zone. Not worth the risk for what's ultimately a minor annoyance. I personally don't see the need for the addon at all but that's just me, I can't imagine some astronomical improvement over vanilla follow or just setting your follow index using windower/ashita functions.
I haven't used this addon, since I use Ashita, but a low latency follow is actually pretty nice QoL. Because the game only tells the server your position every 400ms[250 with packetflow], and the server does not always update everyone in the vicinity immediately, normal follow can be a bit choppy and tight corners often lose followers. That said, you can improve normal follow considerably by targeting the person you're following(this will force server to update their position every packet interval).

With a follow that processes your position with per-frame accuracy, you don't have to worry about how you run at all because it'll be effectively impossible to 'lose' a character running the same speed you are. The approach to zoning is just really poorly done.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-28 07:06:42  
Thanks Thorny!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Latravant
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2024-02-27 07:06:52  
does superwarp have its own keybinds? while i'm xping in reisen, i keep getting error messages from superwarp saying theres no runic portal close enough to me, as if i just tried to warp to another area. but i'm literally in the middle of a fight when this keeps happening. so i'm guessing the addon has its own built in keybinds that i must be pressing when i'm fighting? i checked all of my keybinds but none of them are for superwarp.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-02-27 07:33:33  
Superwarp doesn't have any native binds. Searched all the addon files for the bind command just now to be sure.

Super warp supports a ton of different command prefixes to make it so you can use shorter commands. So in stead of //sw hp [zonename}, you can just do //hp [zonename], etc

With this in mind, the command prefix for Runic portals is //po. So I'd look at your binds, AND aliases and see if any can result in a command starting with 'po' then a space.

Just in case some other addon or script is adding additional binds without your knowledge, you can do //listbinds and it will print a full list of all current binds. Can also do //listalises
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-02-27 10:55:02  
This has nothing to do with the issues the other person is having, but just FYI, if you use porterpacker or porter addons, //po may not work (depending on your addon load order). I usually have to do //sw po blah blah to do assault stuff.
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
user: Latravant
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2024-02-27 11:41:30  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Superwarp doesn't have any native binds. Searched all the addon files for the bind command just now to be sure.

Super warp supports a ton of different command prefixes to make it so you can use shorter commands. So in stead of //sw hp [zonename}, you can just do //hp [zonename], etc

With this in mind, the command prefix for Runic portals is //po. So I'd look at your binds, AND aliases and see if any can result in a command starting with 'po' then a space.

Just in case some other addon or script is adding additional binds without your knowledge, you can do //listbinds and it will print a full list of all current binds. Can also do //listalises

this was it thanks a lot martel.

a really old alias command i have for my pup (send iamarealgirl pet assault <tid>) in my sendalltarget alias, was setting off another alias for sw (alias assault send @all po assault)

thanks for taking the time to help me out
[+]