フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Mireu kill before the nerf or we suck
Mireu kill before the nerf or we suck
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-09 10:39:43  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
What you may not realize is that the HP scales linearly based on the number of participants.

Do we actually know that it is linear? They scale, but the non-Mireu dragons don't quite feel linear to me.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-03-09 10:41:00  
Ok I admit I haven't tested that exactly. But the scaling is absurd enough that if it's not linear, it isn't much better. I don't think Asura has ever had him even down to 95% HP.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-09 10:43:14  
I took some chars out there and set up full buffs when there was no one but dead people around and I fully buffed a Masa SAM and did over 1.5m damage and his HP never budged from 99%. So his HP scaling is *** absurd, way more than we probably realise.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-09 10:46:15  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Yeah in all seriousness, if you give me a dedicated tank, I’ll kill it. I was removing 1-2% HP per minute when I got the ball rolling but then ROAR. So if you put a PLD (level seems high enough that PLD will have no problem holding hate on this) or RUN on it and let us go to town, it’s dead lol. Too late now though probably
Hos roar ztill resets hate.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-09 10:48:50  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Yeah in all seriousness, if you give me a dedicated tank, I’ll kill it. I was removing 1-2% HP per minute when I got the ball rolling but then ROAR. So if you put a PLD (level seems high enough that PLD will have no problem holding hate on this) or RUN on it and let us go to town, it’s dead lol. Too late now though probably

Not sure you know.
I was 5 boxing and had Shiraj on auto pld tank while i went to town on SAM and the SAM never pulled hate while Shiraj was getting spammed full dispelled and terror constantly.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-09 11:02:31  
I was fighting it the other day and I lost hate every time I got dispelled. Maybe there's some gimmick to it, or it only resets hate at lower HP.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-09 11:04:18  
One move though. I think it's called hyperthermic breath? Can't remember exact name, It's weird, It seemed to do less damage the lower amount of buffs I had on.
It was hitting my RUN and PLD for 1500+ with max buffs, but when full dispelled hitting for 200-400.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-09 11:15:17  
Maybe that 1400 mean you took full dmg and other one you just resisted.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-09 11:16:21  
Pantafernando said: »
Maybe that 1400 mean you took full dmg and other one you just resisted.

I thought so too, but it happened very consistently. And for PLD to resist anything you're asking for a bit much lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-09 11:22:55  
On Asura...We only got him to 98%.

I got him down to 88% solo *flex*
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-09 13:41:47  
I was fighting it the other day and I lost hate every time I got dispelled. Maybe there's some gimmick to it, or it only resets hate at lower HP.

As stated before, it definitely keeps at least some of it’s CE after Roar. Literally the very instant I get buffed back up, it’d be back on me and Roar me again. Was infuriating to deal with but quite obviously not a reset. Maybe a partial? Dunno.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
サーバ: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-03-10 10:35:58  
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-10 10:45:22  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
On Asura...We only got him to 98%.

I got him down to 88% solo *flex*
Go Bst

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-11 20:51:38  
So I just saw we're up to a 295 kill streak on Domain Invasion wyrms. Has the new Mireu spawned and we're killing it or has it not spawned at all yet (on Asura)? Are there any other servers not seeing it either?
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-03-11 21:22:06  
We haven't seen it on Shiva yet and we're up to 214 kills. If it spawned overnight and the JP playerbase killed it, we would all be getting more DI points per run - still at 20 per kill. I was curious if it gets announced in Unity chat now, or if the content level shows as 119 until it pops, then changes.
By Mrxi 2020-03-12 03:26:07  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

Not sure you know.
I was 5 boxing and had Shiraj on auto pld tank while i went to town on SAM and the SAM never pulled hate while Shiraj was getting spammed full dispelled and terror constantly.
If you were only able to do 1% of its total HP you ill never get hate, or the auto pld just got it back instantly since mobs total hp is a factor in enmity, because its decaying faster then the sam can build it on Asura.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 04:59:02  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
We haven't seen it on Shiva yet and we're up to 214 kills. If it spawned overnight and the JP playerbase killed it, we would all be getting more DI points per run - still at 20 per kill. I was curious if it gets announced in Unity chat now, or if the content level shows as 119 until it pops, then changes.

Maybe they just considered they busted on the Mireu idea, and instead just completely deleting it, they just sweep it below the rug, hiding it behind a tiamat spawn rate like.

The idea of seeing him like once every week is just disturbing. Players with limited play time have no hope seeing aside pure luck
 Shiva.Znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-03-15 15:26:20  
Popped today on Shiva, took around 37 minutes to kill. 90 people in zone at end. Silence, Elegy, Threnodies were landing okay, couldn't get Pining Nocturne on. Flail still sucks. Evasion is very much lowered, I was near capped accuracy with just my typical hybrid set and sushi.

People who had capped DI points beforehand received an additional 80 points. People who were just logging in for the day got eighty from Mireu and that capped them, no more points from the next Quetz. Looks like they got 160 points total.

Server-wide, people are now getting 15 DI points (x2 for more than six people fighting) per dragon kill, regardless of if they were present for the Mireu kill.

A lot of this information was in the update notes, but worded very poorly IMO. Sorry if this feels redundant.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-03-15 15:28:56  
People who were just logging in for the day got eighty from Mireu and that capped them, no more points from the next Quetz.

Actually, we got 160pts from one run. 80 from Mireu itself and 80 for the DI completion, I guess. Unless I got the killshot and couldn't tell.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-03-15 15:34:54  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
People who were just logging in for the day got eighty from Mireu and that capped them, no more points from the next Quetz.

Actually, we got 160pts from one run. 80 from Mireu itself and 80 for the DI completion, I guess. Unless I got the killshot and couldn't tell.
Yeah, you're right - guess I misread something on my other character.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-15 19:31:21  
Can confirm that you do indeed get 160 if you're there for the fight and it's defeated. We beat it on Odin the other day, and the server is now getting the extra 5 points, which do get multiplied out.
It showed up after like 500+ dragons. (I think we were pushing 600 when it popped up.)
By Pantafernando 2020-03-15 19:42:53  
Its quite a decent reward. I imagine whats the cap, if we can get to 27 points per fight, we can cut down 1 run to cap daily
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-15 19:52:15  
Previous information was wrong. Ignore the edits; tired as hell.

0  10
1  15
2  20
3  30
4  40
5+  50
 Domain point limit increased to 100.

This is the guide. Base rates increase, then get multipled by party bonus, and then kill bonuses. I am curious if the wyrms will bypass the 80 cap based on the last comment, but only having to kill 2 at 2 kills, and 1 at 4 kills is still exciting.

I am curious if this is intentional and mistranslated, or a bug, as the update notes only specific Mireu as having the base increase, and not the wyrms.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-15 20:43:28  
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
This is the guide. Base rates increase, then get multipled by party bonus, and then kill bonuses. I am curious if the wyrms will bypass the 80 cap based on the last comment, but only having to kill 2 at 2 kills, and 1 at 4 kills is still exciting.

I am curious if this is intentional and mistranslated, or a bug, as the update notes only specific Mireu as having the base increase, and not the wyrms.
I believe you are very tired and/or confused.
Only Mireu causes serverwide changes to the base points, none of the other three do anything special at all.
I've had the right info on the wiki for a few days now, adding the clarification for how the Mireu extra points work after we killed him.
Think of it as what we get for killing Mireu (very easy now, he drops ~2.5x faster now; e.g. before it took ~10min to get rid of ~10%, but now we dropped it, with less people, by ~25% in ~10min) instead of a vorseal.

Pantafernando said: »
we can cut down 1 run to cap daily
Should we get to 5+, we'll not only need to do only 1 dragon a day (base of 50pt), but we'll also get 100pts a day instead of 80. (Assumed 6+ppl are at the fight with you so that you get that 2x point bonus.)
By Mrxi 2020-03-16 02:23:53  
The info dosent look right to me. we killed it this morning. was very laggy 500 + people, I manged to get a bolster frailty off, lagged for 10 min, where i could do nothing at all, it went from 99% to 50% in 10 min, once all 6 of my accounts hit 0 fps they all exit client on there own. log back in to 20 min of loading then it ended with Mireu never showing on screen.

0 Successive Kills (meaning 1 kill) gives 10 extra to base points, so 30 points with 6 people, only need 3 to cap daily 80 points.

Took 520 kills to pop.
By Mrxi 2020-03-16 02:41:12  
So i guess the weird way of wording it on the update notes really means 6 Mireu kills to increase the daily limit to 100. 2 domains with 6 people where you get 50 points each.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-16 09:48:59  
Mrxi said: »
0 Successive Kills (meaning 1 kill) gives 10 extra to base points, so 30 points with 6 people, only need 3 to cap daily 80 points.
0 kills give 0 extra points. When 1 is killed, the server gets 5 extra to the base of 10, making the base 15pts; so 30 with 6+ ppl in the fight for all dragons.
And currently on Odin, yes. You only need 3 (or less if you get another multiplier). Got 30pts per dragon all yesterday, and a 60pt when I got the final blow bonus. (Though I only got 50pts from that one since the daily cap is still 80 until we get 5+ Mireu deaths.)

The bonus to the base is for the entire server, so you don't actually have to be there to kill Mireu to benefit from it.

If it's confusing people, can have the total base points be the list on the wiki like it is in the update notes, not the bonuses.

So i guess the weird way of wording it on the update notes really means 6 Mireu kills to increase the daily limit to 100. 2 domains with 6 people where you get 50 points each.
The daily cap increase should be when the base points are 50 per kill (100 with 6+ people); which the notes tell is with 5 or more Mireu deaths in a row on the server.
By Mrxi 2020-03-16 12:12:46  
I guess i was reading it wrong, and they list the values with 1 person in the domain then sorry.
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2020-03-16 13:57:20  

If 6 even pop before next update we will see I guess