Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 129 130 131
By Odinz 2020-03-25 03:46:21  
He was the only idiot underplaying covid-19 at the start, and now he's the only idiot saying "nearing the end of our historic battle with covid-19"

To put that statement in context:

1. The US is nowhere near the end of this. The US isn't even through the first 10% of this. More like the first 2.5%. What is coming is far far worse

2. Countries that are in much better shape than the US now, like China, are talking about 2-3 months of staggered controlled and measured release of the population back to normalcy, being able to re-apply the breaks once infection rates start to increase again. And even in that scenario, they've planned for daily testing and other disruptions that won't see a return to true pre covid 19 normalcy for 2-3 years.

3.We're seeing exponential sky-rocketing growth in infection rates.
Doesn't data mean anything to these morons?
-68 days to hit 100 infections
-12 days since then to hit 200
-4 days since then to hit 300
-2 days since then to hit 400

This means in the next 7 days you are going to see daily infection rates in the M I L L I O NS

a week after that in the hundreds of millions

after that its global apocalypse - everything shuts down, you're going to be sat in your homes without power and the national guard outside your homes throwing rations of military food at your front doors... in 6-8 weeks...

rewind 8 weeks ago, could you have ever imagined that there would almost 3 trillion dollars spent on dealing with this pandemic, just in the US alone?

Look forward, your ability to see whats coming based on what has happened is whats needed here. stop being clueless.
By Voren 2020-03-25 03:48:10  
I'm not mad at them, they're in another state miles from my little land-locked area, but I can understand how others might think them moronic for risking greater spread of a virus.

I'm a home body, so I just shake my head and play my games *shrug*
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 03:58:13  
Odinz said: »
This means in the next 7 days you are going to see daily infection rates in the M I L L I O NS

after that its global apocalypse - everything shuts down, you're going to be sat in your homes without power and the national guard outside your homes throwing rations of military food at your front doors... in 6-8 weeks...

Lol, okay Nostradamus. Let's reconvene in a couple weeks to see how your predictions played out.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 04:00:50  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Lol, okay Nostradamus. Let's reconvene in a couple weeks to see how your predictions played out.
This is why I called some of you morons.
You think data, trends and forecasting is "magic and sorcery"
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 04:05:09  

I'm a statistician. Data, trends, and forecasting is my day job. This isn't simple math. There are a truckload of factors that go into a model, which is why there are also quite a few models out there with vastly different predictions.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 04:09:06  
While you're at it, unless you made up those numbers off the top of your head (which might as well be "magic and sorcery"), how about citing your source for your claims? I love me some data.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 04:12:27  
Where are the 20 something year old athletes in critical condition? Missed that article.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 04:14:34  
(CNN)Emma, a 12-year-old girl, is "fighting for her life" in an Atlanta hospital after testing positive for the coronavirus

Quote:
Everyone keeps saying 'it doesn't impact younger people.' But here's a 12-year-old fighting for her life.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 04:16:29  
Out of nearly 45,000 confirmed cases in China through February 11, there was only one death in someone younger than 20, according to the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and no deaths among children younger than 10.

While I would not trust data from China, that article doesn't even give the girls full name, pic, or any relevant info other than "she are sick"
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 04:18:43  
+15% that get it 20-44 are hospitalized.
Quote:
Among 508 (12%) patients known to have been hospitalized, 9% were aged ≥85 years, 36% were aged 65–84 years, 17% were aged 55–64 years, 18% were 45–54 years, and 20% were aged 20–44 years.

It's on the CDC website.

Look for data literally anywhere but chinese news.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 04:19:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
(CNN)Emma, a 12-year-old girl, is "fighting for her life" in an Atlanta hospital after testing positive for the coronavirus

Quote:
Everyone keeps saying 'it doesn't impact younger people.' But here's a 12-year-old fighting for her life.

As sad as that is there are always exceptions in medicine. The probability of dying from Covid-19 at a young age and in good health is still extremely slim.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 04:21:36  
15% that get it 20-44 are hospitalized.

Wrong. 15% that get it and are diagnosed with it, maybe. We have no idea how many mild/asymptomatic cases there are and therefore cannot place an accurate hospitalization/mortality rate on it, but by default it would be lower.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 04:23:42  
You have to take the numbers you get. You can't just decide 2 billion people got it but weren't hospitalized because there's no testing being done.

How many people do you think died today that still haven't been confirmed to be covid-19 cases?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 04:27:47  
You have to take the numbers you get. You can't just decide 2 billion people got it but weren't hospitalized because there's no testing being done.

How many people do you think died today that still haven't been confirmed to be covid-19 cases?

Oh, I get your point, don't worry. I'm just really picky about the wording of reported figures.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 04:31:17  
Another thing that gets overlooked is everyday hospitalization.

You staying in your house, even if you don't care about getting covid-19 means you're one less person to get into a car crash. or shot. or fall in an open manhole. or beaten by the police. There simply isn't space to deal with every day stupidity right now. It's really easy to say *** this virus, it by itself doesn't matter, but we don't get to put everything else on hold without the isolation.

...It really is to keep you safe from yourself more than the virus.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 04:46:10  

I'm a statistician. Data, trends, and forecasting is my day job. This isn't simple math. There are a truckload of factors that go into a model, which is why there are also quite a few models out there with vastly different predictions.
Which "models" do you speak of in this context?
If Trump stops the isolation efforts, which model shows anything else other than an infection rate of 80% of the US population by May 5th?
Which model shows the US healthcare system being anything but crippled by May 1st?

I'm well aware of the complexity considering I'm a consultant with a major client in the european public health sector.

Which models do you refer to?
By Odinz 2020-03-25 04:49:58  
kireek said: »
Look at this moron. totally incompetent and should be the absolute last person a country elects to be its head.

"would love to see churches packed for easter"
at some point, even the Trump supporters have to wonder "dafuq"
YouTube Video Placeholder
Still stuck in your bi-partisan mindset?
Haven't ejected your social program yet?
Biden is an idiot. why do you assume that anyone who thinks Trump is an idiot is a democrat?
I think both parties are ridiculous. I think the american government is ridiculous.
But the democrats are an autistic idiot talking math equations at a cooking club meeting, and the republicans are little Joey, sitting in the corner masturbating, sniffing glue and drinking detergent.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 04:54:04  
While you're at it, unless you made up those numbers off the top of your head (which might as well be "magic and sorcery"), how about citing your source for your claims? I love me some data.
I work on this daily. but here, if you need a reputable news outlet that is using the same info we publish daily:
Minute 5:20

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 04:57:09  
Draylo said: »
Where are the 20 something year old athletes in critical condition? Missed that article.
then you're not following the news at all.
you're in a bubble and god be with you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 04:58:29  
80,000 people died in 2017 in the usa during winter months from the common flu and there was no panic. 80,000 flu deaths in 2017 compared to 787 deaths in 2020 from this new virus and we are in widespread panic over that 787.

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter/
That's complete ***. It's apparently over your head why this is an issue.

Yes, people die, every day, from a bunch of stuff.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 05:00:53  
80,000 people died in 2017 in the usa during winter months from the common flu and there was no panic. 80,000 flu deaths in 2017 compared to 787 deaths in 2020 from this new virus and we are in widespread panic over that 787.
This isn't the flu.

Your lungs turn to glass. Fibrosis. Your suffocate from the inside. The worst thing about those who suffer from covid-19 is that by the time the symptoms start to appear, they feel better resting and laying down like they're recovering, when what is actually happening is their lung's air capacity is dropping rapidly until they have respiratory failure.

If you've seen any of the treatments they're using for patients with severe symptoms you would know this is not the flu.

Forcing people to stand up and take a few steps, then watching them empty their bowls and stomachs by shitting themselves and throwing up for example.

They feel like they're going to die. and they're not exaggerating.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 05:02:43  
The panic is because equipment is limited. and EVERYONE is going to get the virus. We can't have 300 million people in hospitals built for 1 million. (flatten the curve)

It's the scale of the virus. Not the virus itself. If 300 million people could be hospitalized from the flu there would be panic for that too.

"we" aren't panicking about 100 people dead, or 100,000 that will certainly die. "we're" panicking because many of those deaths are preventable with ventilators that we do not have enough of.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 05:04:50  
15% that get it 20-44 are hospitalized.

Wrong. 15% that get it and are diagnosed with it, maybe. We have no idea how many mild/asymptomatic cases there are and therefore cannot place an accurate hospitalization/mortality rate on it, but by default it would be lower.
So you understand the reasoning behind isolation then?
We're missing the data on infected by unidentified.
Hopefully soon there will be an anti-body detection test. next couple of weeks from the Jenner Institute in Oxford.
That will be the game changer. But if Trump opens the gates, it will be useless. At that point you just assume everyone is infected within a matter of weeks.
Hospitals will find out sooner or later. and that's what we dont want to happen.
We dont want the hospitals to be the source of data because it means we are at breaking point and no return.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 05:07:16  
Draylo said: »
then you're not following the news at all.
you're in a bubble and god be with you.

I was asking for the article, because you make it seem common when everyone was told this would not have a big impact on younger people.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 129 130 131