Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 53 54 55
By Prong 2020-07-02 00:08:40  
Still waiting on one of you cause heads to admit that tens of thousands of people ignoring social distancing suggestions during a pandemic is a terrible idea.

Still waiting....

Still...
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 00:41:45  
It's pretty simple. It's obviously sub optimal. But you don't just give up when you've got an opportunity.

Real, actual progress in fixing a (3)hundred year old systemic problem is worth the risk to those out risking it.

You should be happy their out risking death, it's less people to vote against the orange god king
By volkom 2020-07-02 00:48:34  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
the orange god king

its god emperor trump

[+]
By Prong 2020-07-02 04:23:29  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's pretty simple. It's obviously sub optimal. But you don't just give up when you've got an opportunity.

Real, actual progress in fixing a (3)hundred year old systemic problem is worth the risk to those out risking it.

You should be happy their out risking death, it's less people to vote against the orange god king

Again wrong. No, it's not simple when you are not just risking your life, but the life of every single person you contact after and every person they contact and so on.

Now, if they were standing in front of a tank in Tiananmen Square, risking only their lives for their, "cause" then yeah, I can see some noble in that.

But since they aren't even dealing with the amount of oppression that the MLK marchers were, let's stop romanticizing their little anarchy power play. As even your lot has admitted, half of them out there could care less about the, "cause." They are just out to loot, pillage and steal a free PS4. This bullsh!t about it being, "worth the risk" therefore, justifiable is just that, utter bullsh!t. And they got their point across, whatever that point was or if they even had a unified point, so now they're just piling on for the sake of piling on.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-02 05:12:14  

dou·ble·think
/ˈdəbəlˌTHiNGk/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: doublethink; noun: double-think

the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-02 09:27:37  
About 30% of COVID deaths may not be classified as such
U of Minnesota Center for Disease Research and Policy

Quote:
In the first 3 months of the US coronavirus epidemic, the number of excess deaths in the United States was 122,300, 28% higher than the reported number of COVID-19 deaths, according to an observational study published today in JAMA Internal Medicine....
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 09:41:37  
Prong said: »
Still waiting on one of you cause heads to admit that tens of thousands of people ignoring social distancing suggestions during a pandemic is a terrible idea.

Still waiting....

Still...

Well yeah, we have seen the disastrous effect that people congregating in bars and restaurants is having on the country right now. Even the terrible Texas governor has admitted he never should have opened the bars. And we are seeing how they are being closed outright in several states. So, not sure what your point is.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 10:18:21  
You know what he was referring to and the spread from bars and restaurants is obvious. Deflecting doesn't help your point.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 10:25:42  
I didn't bother backreading, I'm assuming they are still crying about the protesters? When the contact tracers start reporting positive tests from the thousands of mask wearing protesters, instead of the thousands of nonmask wearing barhoppers, we can start talking about it. Until then the cries are going nowhere. It's not even a GOP talking point, everyone knows why the surge is happening, and it has nothing to do with the protests.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-02 10:35:29  
Viciouss said: »
I didn't bother backreading, I'm assuming they are still crying about the protesters? When the contact tracers start reporting positive tests from the thousands of mask wearing protesters, instead of the thousands of nonmask wearing barhoppers, we can start talking about it. Until then the cries are going nowhere. It's not even a GOP talking point, everyone knows why the surge is happening, and it has nothing to do with the protests.

Try and address reality instead of making sweeping generalizations. The protesters were not all wearing masks. Some barhoppers were. There was a non-zero spread of Covid from the protests. I agree that barhoppers (and similar) probably resulted in the majority of Covid spread, but that doesn't negate everything else.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 10:43:21  
Like I said I didn't bother backreading cuz it's just the same people ignoring reality. Did some protesters get covid? Yes. Are they the driving force behind the current, enormous, increase in cases? The evidence clearly says no. The protesters have largely gone home. Have the barhoppers?
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 11:58:43  
Florida added 10k new cases today, the governor bhas set a 3pm press conference with Pence there. Unless he is going to walk back his indifference and start closing down bars and indoor dining, he might as well just get out there and say vote Democrat.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 12:07:14  
Ya boy DeSantis hating life right now.

But it's not like he asked for it or anything.... Oh wait.

"Going to be just like New York... and it hasn't happened" ... until now.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-02 15:14:27  
Like I said I didn't bother backreading cuz it's just the same people ignoring reality....
I have a link I posted back there somewhere about the whys of cities with big protests not seeing a spike in cases.
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 15:51:35  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Like I said I didn't bother backreading cuz it's just the same people ignoring reality....
I have a link I posted back there somewhere about the whys of cities with big protests not seeing a spike in cases.

Pretty sure we have all covered it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 15:58:58  
Who needs facts when you can let your feelies run your life.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-02 16:17:41  

Still waiting....

Still...

If your protesting for a Democrat cause then your completely immune to COVID19. Democrat talking heads on TV recommending it so it must be true.
[+]
By volkom 2020-07-02 16:21:28  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Still waiting....

Still...

If your protesting for a Democrat cause then your completely immune to COVID19. Democrat talking heads on TV recommending it so it must be true.

obviously its a bio weapon designed to target conservatives. it explains why the folks on the left are immune
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 16:25:57  
..lol
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-02 16:29:34  

Do you want us to assume you are this blank?

My point, for the fifth time (not "pages" back, just the last page or two) is, all you zealots, your media, social media, screamed bloody murder when "reopen" protesters (all 50 of them nationally) prior to the BLM protests were going to kill everyone, "How selfish of them!" And guess what...they were outside, too!! So, the ONLY defense that I have seen for people acting like the BLM protests were not AS potentially deadly is they were outside...reopen protesters, same thing.

But, TENS OF THOUSANDS BLM protesters ignored (and still are ignoring) social distancing "suggestions" and you guys just make excuses for them. You are all hypocrites and liars, flat out. Is that enough hand holding for you?
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-02 16:32:14  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Yeah, we all saw your BuzzFeed link.

You guys still don't get it, do you? Your liberal media sources are lying, too. They would not dare say anything negative about the BLM protests or they will get "outraged" into oblivion.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-02 16:38:55  
Tons of stories out there where people were unable to visit their loved ones before they died, children unable to attend once-in-a-lifetime graduations, people losing their life savings and businesses...the two married men who lived with one of their mothers who both died from Covid and she had to be told about losing her son by her other children shouting it to her from the curb on her street (one of the worst stories I ever read)....ALLL these sacrifices were made PRIOR to the BLM riots because these people were convinced by medical professionals that they absolutely were risking other people's lives by not social distancing.

Then you clowns defend people gathering in masse to tear down any f'n statue just because there is a white dude on it, like they gave two sh!ts about that statue a couple months ago. All those sacrifices for absolutely no reason.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 17:03:27  
lol ok man. Keep crying about those protesters. I'm sure someone will eventually care.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-02 17:08:47  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
we just just all get it and die.

let the kids live their lives.
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 17:23:23  
Well finally, the terrible Texas governor has mandated masks for all public places. Violators can be fined for every offense after the first one. Still don't have the daily tally but I'm hoping, probably foolishly, it went down from yesterday. He still needs to do more, but baby steps.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 17:55:33  
Quote:
Cain wrote in The Western Journal that “the media worked very hard to scare people out of attending the Trump campaign rally last Saturday night in Tulsa.”

Quote:
Herman Cain hospitalized with Covid-19

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 20:15:17  
A new record! 57,236

Chant: We're Number One!

Sidenote; Where are the Comfort and Mercy right now? They left NY/WA (or should have) but they're clearly going to be needed again in FL/TX/AZ
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-02 22:29:46  
So, how about that Berkeley study saying that the shutdown harmed America more than it helped?
By Viciouss 2020-07-02 22:48:00  
Paywall. Also a blog, not a study.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-02 22:55:38  
Paywall. Also a blog, not a study.
The blog references the study
As for the paywall, sorry, forgot about that.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 53 54 55