First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 47 48 49
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-28 23:07:38  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You can also do the Monstrosity monsters, but I'm fairly sure they don't matter.

Just for a sanity check, I would like to know whether changing nations in the past and zoning causes your rank to drop still.
I thought we already figured out that Monstrosity does matter?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-28 23:40:35  
Beats me. I just did it for lack of anything better to do
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-29 05:21:45  
I thought it didn't matter past the first vorseal, but I'd be happy to have the days I spent leveling monsters validated in some way.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-29 07:28:25  
I guess I was assuming it did matter because of this post that Avereith made when you ranked up to 8 https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55467/mastery-rank-data/30/#3580436
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-29 10:17:44  
I feel like at that point I was still hopeful that things that weren't titles mattered, ha

Aside from that medal of altana find, I don't think we've ever seen an actual rank up that wasn't from titles
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-31 12:40:40  
I must have unlocked around 20~30 species without ranking up to 8. If they do have any affect, it has to be less than one title. I am beginning to think they do not matter, but will continue the grind. I need to complete more HTMB VDs for those titles to see a rank up I think.

Also I think I am around 80 upvotes, and no more free campaign. I wanted that gold flag!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-31 13:04:25  
Ahh yes the gold flag

Dear SE, please make mastery rank do more than give me a number and a flag in a chat channel that no one uses.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-31 15:28:25  
I used the title inverter lua to compare it to my list of titles I still need. It seems that there are a few glitched ones. Can anyone else comment?

• All of the "unobtainable" ones show up, which is funny.

• The 300 gil menu in Aht Urhgan is blank. No "N/A" show up.

• Black Dragon Slayer and Champion of the Dawn. Obviously I have them, but it shows up. I think this is glitched and you cannot set it after obtaining it, so that's why it shows up.

• Disturber of Slumber is showing up, but I thought I got this one. Can someone check? It was from the Selbina NPC. Maybe it is like Black Dragon Slayer where it is glitched.

Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-31 15:32:25  
Aye, some of the stuff in Byrths lua throws off numbers a bit. I never used it personally, but I think it's all on SEs end and not an issue with the code
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2022-05-31 15:38:58  
I was able to set "Black Dragon Slayer" and flush it to GW about a month ago. There's three separate titles for that mission fight depending on the order of nations you go to/nation you are enlisted with.

Disturber of Slumber and Interrupter of Dreams - only one can be set at a time it seems, I had one and not the other, redid Waking the Beast for the missing title and then the first one was gone.

Champion of the Dawn and Fulminator Disruptor seem to be bugged (edit: on SE's side) and cannot be set/show as incomplete with Byrth's lua.

Did you happen to see the unobtainable Matchmaker title at any of the bards? It was the only one I didn't see using the inverter lua.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-31 16:05:20  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
Did you happen to see the unobtainable Matchmaker title at any of the bards? It was the only one I didn't see using the inverter lua.
I did see the "Consort Candidate" title at the sandoria bard. I cannot get it since I am a male character.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-05-31 20:32:36  
Black Dragon Slayer is obtainable, but you get a slightly different title depending on which BC you actually fight the mission 2-3 dragon at. I bet you just haven't killed it at that one yet.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-31 20:36:46  
Black Dragon Slayer - Balga's Dais BCNM
Dread Dragon Slayer - Horlais Peak BCNM
Dark Dragon Slayer - Waughroon Shrine BCNM

I never realized each bc while identical gave different titles either, until I looked into it.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-01 19:40:09  
Don't know if this is common knowledge, but who knows if currency 1 and 2 menus add mastery rank points (probably not)

Pulchridopt and Mellidopt storage max at 999 each
 Valefor.Kriz
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2022-06-05 17:58:37  
I am at 928 titles at the moment, pushing to Rank 8 as best I can. I look forward to joining the elite crew of... well probably 8 people at rank 8!

I finally beat the Dream Race 1/6 tries today with the following spec Racing Chocobo. This is slightly off what Avereith posted, so there's some wiggle room.

STR: First-Class (SS)
END: Better Than Average (B)
DIS: Better Than Average (B)
REC: Better Than Average (B)
Abilities: Gallop and Canter
Equipment: Chocobo Taping
Guide: Keep Pace

It's a total dice roll. Nothing too crazy happened in the run, the only thing of note was Sakura not using Dream Biscut until the "Last turn", so I was able to maintain the lead until the win.

Also, for those people with a non-perfect bird, I did end up pushing my way through to SS grade STR via Chocotokens. However, I reached the point where each token would impact another value.

I was able to verify that sadly, it was pulling from the next highest (Endurance) value. So pushing from S STR to SS STR pushed my A-rank END to B-rank. I attempted to increase endurance back to A with a token, but it then dropped STR down.

So, winning with a SS/B/B/B bird felt good, as I was worried I'd need a more perfect SS/A/B/B bird.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-05 20:03:11  
congrats!~

on the dream race and the almost 930 titles

Now switch nations and do all the races over againnnnn. I don't think it does anything, but it does save progress when you switch, and can do storyline races with each nation... if you're bored <_<
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-07 05:37:57  
I am working on my final win of the Dream Race (Bastok), and after watching way too many Chocobo cutscenes I have determined that it's mostly based on who the debuff items other Chocobos use happen to hit. Today I almost won, but someone hit me with a Fire Biscuit in the final stretch.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-07 06:43:42  
I had trouble with my last too if you remember. I think it took me 50 tries or so to get lucky enough to win, ha

I think it was also Bastok. But it probably just gets harder since the other two nations were already complete. I really doubt bastok itself would just be more difficult...
By Ranoutofspace 2022-06-07 16:43:23  
I think my chocobo is on day 70ish at the moment. Is it really just another 50 days (every 20 hours, w/e) of racing? Losing interest in the grind at 932 titles but will it auto-retire at day 129? And I'll have to start the raising and stat increase cycle all over again?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-07 16:47:27  
Naw, you can keep your one chocobo forever. Just never throw out the VCS registration card.

It will take more than 50 days to get your 50 wins for the 3rd title, though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-07 17:16:03  
Just never throw out the VCS registration card.
Oof, my heart

(and my poor chocobo stuck in limbo)
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-06-07 17:35:45  
Naw, you can keep your one chocobo forever. Just never throw out the VCS registration card.

Phew! Can unsub and continue later when there's something worthwhile eventwise.

Why will it take more than 50 days? So far all of the C races have been first place wins with 254/160/140/105 (ish). Just unlucky at times?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-07 19:10:14  
Ranoutofspace said: »

Phew! Can unsub and continue later when there's something worthwhile eventwise.

Why will it take more than 50 days? So far all of the C races have been first place wins with 254/160/140/105 (ish). Just unlucky at times?

idk, my win rate is closer to 70% on the T1 race. I don't think I've done the T4 one enough to know.
By Ranoutofspace 2022-06-08 06:25:29  
T1 as in the Crystal Stakes Cup (C1)?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-08 06:56:08  
Yeah, sorry
 Valefor.Haydez
user: haydez
By Valefor.Haydez 2022-06-16 15:57:29  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Fit for a price (trion bride quest): 16 offers then loop confirmed. had a ls mate try to help and it looped after 16. I don't know yet if it may reset the offers after sunday reset or w/e, so I'll confirm that it stays the same on my mithra next week

This info isn't anywhere online so yay I figured out something completely useless

Really wish I noticed this comment before I got angry and set an autoclicker on one of my mules. Haha. I'm like 0/3000+ and thought I was the unluckiest person in the world. I have been trying it on a crapload of mules, but not having any luck. I always regret picking the elvaan female 5B model. Ugh. Hopefully it resets after conquest.

In non-related Trion whining - I still haven't gotten any of the random titles from the bards yet... but I'm guessing I should probably find what bard has the fewest titles to give out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-18 09:27:42  
For the random bard titles, which may not be true but it worked for me, I would find the bard that you have the most titles remaining to get. I personally think that the random titles come from the bard selecting a title you haven't yet unlocked and trying to give it to you. I did south sandy since it handles the ballista titles so there were still a bunch left I did not have yet.
[+]
 Valefor.Haydez
user: haydez
By Valefor.Haydez 2022-06-18 14:15:25  
Oh, awesome idea. Thanks! I have 0 of the ballista titles so I'll try that. I've been spamming Rabao but no luck at all on that yet.

Currently doing voidwalker stuff. I have a couple of the titles, but don't know which ones I never got. I didn't realize they weren't 100%. Ugh.

Edit: Holy crap, you're on to something. Already got Random and Irresponsible Adventurer already since you posted that. Yeeees.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-25 10:19:29  
I won my third nation's Pashhow Swamptrot against Sakura. I think I went 1/1 on my first one, maybe 1/5 on my second one, and this one was more like 1/20. I had been very regularly losing by one chocobo-length.

This time I won, and it was because Sakura was affected by another chocobo's debuff (Fire Biscuit). She may have also gotten her feet stuck in the mud. I couldn't tell because there's no log message that identifies it. I used a Speed Apple and Final Stretch like always, so instead of being one length behind I ended up winning.

I also finished a few more VD BCs and Sheol - Gaol NMs (as well as my final campaign op), so now I'm at 1,000 titles exactly. There is really very little title-yielding content left that I am at all likely to do. Getting to 1020 would be quite a slog.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-25 10:44:57  
The burnout has hit us all! Maybe I'll get around to all those ballista titles someday. I'll have to take a paid vacation during next free login, ha

Im at like 1016 titles, and I'll probably hit 120 from mog garden from anything else in a hundred days or so

Good to know we both had increasing difficulty in the swampy trotty. Darn choco racing.

Im still going everyday to try and finish those choco hot and cold KIs, and build mog garden and guild points, but other than that I'm kinda done
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 47 48 49