My last "easy" titles are:
* 1x VD Lilith
* 3x Airship quest titles
* 1x 10,000 greens after food
* 4x master fights
* 1x do Ballista ever
* ~4x Mog Gardens Titles

That takes me to ~1014.

I can't see farming the job-specific Ballista ones.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-25 17:58:06  
Trust me, I can't see getting the ballista titles either, but addiction is a hell of a thing, and so is boredom!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-29 06:57:35  
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59667
SE said:
Avereith said:
What is the current cap for Mastery Rank value? Is Mastery rank 9 or above currently possible?
A: The current cap is 8.

OK, pack up shop all ye rank 8-ers!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-29 08:30:34  

Almost sad I asked! But extremely happy they answered

I'll still grind since I'm addicted to it now. Still need to finish chocobo digging rank and choco hot and cold KIs, and a bunch of doable titles!

Im satisfied with our progress, and I'd like to believe that all of us working together have uncovered many things about the game that we never fully understood before.

Thanks for all the fun, everyone who participated! I look forward to helping anyone else who is still continuing their mastery rank journey to rank 8!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-29 11:16:30  
Oh, and if you did hit rank 8 and are on Lakshmi, feel free to grab a pearl to the most exclusive linkshell on the server with only the rank 8, and thus coolest, people invited

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-12 07:17:47  
Got the Mog Gardener (1000 days entering Mog Gardens) and Nilotican Decimator titles.

Also, the "Nilotican Decimator" title only requires ~level 130 Incursion, at which level the boss is pretty easy. I think he may have taken 90 seconds including clearing all the links.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-07-19 15:28:44  
I'll probably check out incursion myself soon, want to get blu to mlvl 40 and buy an o-sash and see how aoe nukes do in there

In other news, finished these bad boys!:

So aside from one more chocobo digging rank, which hopefully comes soon, I'm 100% done with chocobo things, woo!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-19 15:37:52  
Only until I reveal that getting a Gold Trophy holder to 99 trophies gives a title (@60). ke ke ke

I would be a bit shocked if you couldn't kill the level 130 NM with trusts. I might have a level 132 KI (I forget how Incursion upgrades work) right now if you want to try a duo at some point. It's just enter -> warp to the final boss -> pull/kill crap -> pull/kill boss and its adds if you've already cleared it once at that difficulty.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-07-19 15:49:16  
really going for 100 crystal cup wins, eh? I guess it's not that far of a stretch above 50 total wins... <_< good luck
By Ranoutofspace 2022-07-25 08:12:50  
Took a month off due to lack of content and boredom with this grind but slowly chipping away at the list still. Currently at 961 titles if I've counted correctly. Hit Rank 7 early April and now three (two) months later, hopefully right around the corner for Rank 8. One foot in front of the other towards the finish line....

Still remaining:

Most likely won't ever get:
(Pretty much just Besieged loss, deleveling main craft to raise other crafts to buy their final GP items, and Ballista.)

Abyssea is the worst.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-08 21:28:56  
I started going around and recording all the stuff my rank 5 mule is missing relative to my Rank 8 main and was immediately daunted. There are a ton of small quests and random things like capping Abyssea that I did 15 years ago on the main and never bothered to do on the mule.

I did get my final chocograph on Byrth, though. I am going to keep farming Gold Crystal Stakes cups until I have at least 100 and then idk what is left to do. Spam mog gardens for another 6 months I guess.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-08-08 21:42:09  
Guess now you'll need to slowly quit and declare that overall you had a good time in a fun game
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-08 21:46:59  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Guess now you'll need to slowly quit and declare that overall you had a good time in a fun game

or activate a third character and start testing the limits of lockstyle fashion. Should my little squad coordinate outfits? Should we power clash? Should we have a theme? 2 is not enough to make an impact, but 3 is notable.

I also still need to take synergy to 80.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-08-08 22:24:33  
Team of 6, all lockstyling the provenance watcher body. Gotta have something to keep you around a while
By Draylo 2022-08-09 01:48:08  
All setup in BLU gear motifs, I have the immortal death squad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-08-09 13:42:49  
Better yet, let's have a race to master level 40 every job. Then 50

Ready? Go
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-09-03 18:44:44  

I really thought this was going to push me to Rank 8 but it seems not. Title 991.

Only other big things on the list are:
1000 ROE
110 Crafting Skill (if Fishing 110 doesn't count)

Realistic Remaining Titles:

Unrealistic Titles Remaining:
(Well, realistic, but they're time-gated or I don't care enough.)
(Mostly Besieged/Mog Garden/Crafting GP/MMM/Ballista)

What's the lowest amount of titles someone had for 8?
 Valefor.Haydez
サーバ: Valefor
user: haydez
By Valefor.Haydez 2022-09-05 04:28:18  
I'd sak in the chocobo thread, but probably get a better/update answer here. Anyone have a suggested build to actually win the C1 race? I was able to clear all the quest races, and can 1/2 C4-C2 races, but the best I ever did was 3rd place in the C1.

My strat is final spurt, elm saddle, and I usually use a speed apple. I tried a couple other food items but wasn't any better.

Bird has: Gallop and canter and First-class/Better than average/impressive/average. Anything suggested to fix?

I think I *have* to be close to 8, but I need to go back and recount my titles. Almost have all the aprons except for Leather and cooking now. Just got the 500 MG entries yesterday ... so obivously a long way to go there.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-09-11 21:05:13  
Oh hey, people posted here and I missed it...

I think I had 981 titles for rank 8? I can't remember but it's in the topic somewhere

As for bird, I have mine as SS/B/A/C or something like that, but Byrth would know better about build for winning C1 since he's done like 100 wins for it or something by now.

I finished chocobo digging to max rank, but more importantly I got this done finally:

1000 clears of this is way too much even not legit. big ugh.
By Ranoutofspace 2022-09-11 21:26:26  
Vaguely recall someone having it at 930ish but so far everyone with rank 8 had RoE complete so maybe that's a requirement...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-11 21:33:43  
I think I'm something like SS/SS/B/D. I use Speed Apple / Final Spurt with the Linen Saddle if I can get it (or cotton if I can't). There's no real secret to this. You just max out your stats (strength/endurance) and have gallop/canter, then throw a speed apple on it and pick the best saddle that you have access to. If your bird is out of the stables, you're going to need to use non-race Chocotrains to cap the stats. Looks like your endurance might be low.

I had a very good streak where I consistently got first place (~30 races?), but I was off for a few days and Bastok lost access to the top tier saddles so I'm stuck using cotton and I got my first Mythril cup in a while. Sadness.

Congrats on 1k Monger clears!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-26 19:44:22  
100 CC Gold cups turned in, no High Roller / Fortune's Favorite title. Checked on the NPC, don't have either unlocked.

Still makes me probably 80-100k/day to run the race, but I have no hope at all that it will eventually yield one of the mystery titles.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-09-26 20:23:04  
Now to find someone that has done chocobo betting a million times and have them check their title list

And wait, did your trophy count roll over? or does it just show 100?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-27 03:45:21  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
did your trophy count roll over? or does it just show 100?

Just showed 100. Not sure when it clocks over. IIRC it could contains a few hundred more based on the extdata format.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-09-27 03:48:17  
Any madmen out there who've leveled and de-leveled their crafts to collect all the signboards? Haven't decided on whether to do a shield or not but I guess the plan would be to get all the GP items before committing to one...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-09-27 07:43:22  
I'm planning on getting on gp title items, stall, and expert KIs, but only very slowly. I don't do GP every day and forget often.

For the two title gp items post level 7 in a craft + stall + expert KI its 385k GP. I already had gold and fishing done since my shield is gold, and so far I only have smithing GP collected in full and part of alchemy GP (like 100k to go).

So that's... Bone, wood, cloth, cooking, and leather in full, plus 100k more from alchemy left. So around ~2mil GP total to collect and then I'll delevel/level crafts for spending.

A shield for a single craft is certainly a faster goal, ha
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-09-27 15:05:51  
finally hit 980 titles today, still rank 7 sadface.

I was operating under the idea that "proper" content may hold some weight over other content (like a brown mage/extremely discerning etc. I think I was wrong)

all missions
all quests/quest titles that can be done with one (male) character
every nm title apart from the aman trove mimic
1075 roes
mt 1/2/3
14 mastered jobs + a bunch of master lvls
20 REMA (at least 2 of each type)
capped crafts apart from 40 synergy (stage 2 shield)
lushang/ebisu+1 2/4 fish ranking titles
all spells/skills apart from 60 blu spells
all hps/survival guides etc.
all trusts.
chocobo stuff all done
fellow limit breaked to max, but only lvl 90
half campaign ops (the big 4 done) medal of Altana still valid
monstrosity have done enough to do the "quest" style unlocks (trade items) but thats about it
792 days

my to do list currently:

mt4
cap fellow
cap synergy
finish blu spells
grind out the 12 titles I'm yet to get from sub craft hands/aprons
start killing monsters in my garden, was hoping i could hit rank 8 without those titles, ive never killed one :')

does make me wonder how much value comes from sheer playtime, as I know some rank 8 players have a literal year over me in terms of online time. anyway, hopefully rank 8 club soon!
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-10-04 00:29:15  
Interesting numbers! I have about triple your playtime, only 740 ROE, Synergy also at 40ish, no Ebisu+1, no craft at 110 aside from Fishing (Alchemy at 100, preparing for leveling and deleveling all of them for the GP items), and today will be the day I hit 1000 titles from Mog Garden Furrows x1000 - a fitting title.

Still rank 7 though...

My money is on need a 110 craft, or need the 1000 ROE title to hit rank 8...or all the quests I skipped that don't give a title have some value.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-10-21 09:40:02  
Just a bump to remind that new sortie bosses give titles, so that's 4 more up for grabs (and another when final boss out)
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-21 09:54:31  
An addendum; there's no way to know if they updated new things to count. You should still do it.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 47 48 49