サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 05:29:21  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
QD legs? very useful idle peice too
Yes MAB MACC. Idle, yes, but idle is just a combination of movement speed and PDT.

There are differing reports weather macc affects QD... and isn't it like hard to get resisted on it anyways? I mean immunities and stuff that just lowers dmg sure but actually resist? I'd go with the roll one too if I was a cor.

No testing I have seen has proven 1 way or the other, but I threw it in as a way to avoid people shouting my down for not including it.

Denali maybe better, but these do make a nice option for people who can't get Denali (for whatever reason).
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 05:29:59  
Or nimue!!!
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-10-29 05:38:45  
Alexander.Leostrife said:
Probably going to get the mage 4Mab/Macc to use as an alternative to Mahatma Slops. Been wanting a damage upgrade for my Blm/Rdm/Sch, but haven't been lucky with Morrigan pieces or FoV augments.

Its my understanding that 8 int is roughly 4 mab and 4macc so it wouldnt be an upgrade
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-10-29 05:42:54  
Could be some decent WHM legs there. Macro them in with cure potency and -enmity. That way I don't have to look at how they don't match, and also don't lose the +haste from blessed for other spells.

I guess.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 05:44:08  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Probably going to get the mage 4Mab/Macc to use as an alternative to Mahatma Slops. Been wanting a damage upgrade for my Blm/Rdm/Sch, but haven't been lucky with Morrigan pieces or FoV augments.
Its my understanding that 8 int is roughly 4 mab and 4macc so it wouldnt be an upgrade

Depends on how much MAB you have and dint with the target and what spell your using. With low dint(like 10ish)and high MAB (about 70ish)1MAB is about 1.7 int on thunder4 and like 2.5 int on AM. However I wont have that low of a dint on anything except high int HNMs. Also the pants come with base 2int on them.

As far as macc goes for dint>10 2int=1 macc for dint<10 1 int=1macc

Still getting Mahatma with +2MAB on it would be insanely good.

And mahatma will still win on slow/para/blind for potency reasons.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-29 05:48:40  
2 INT 4MAB would have to compete fairly well with mahatma in most situations I think, except that mahatma will be your biggest source of INT, so for any situation where it really matters you probably won't want to give it up anyway. I'm thinking either 4MAB and 10% MB damage, or movement speed and PDT-4%... gaiters be expensive.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-29 05:49:56  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'd think it odd that they'd make an ability that only affects one job like that without spefically mentioning things

Hello magic crit hit rate.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 05:52:16  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'd think it odd that they'd make an ability that only affects one job like that without spefically mentioning things
Hello magic crit hit rate.

Hey that affects everyone that use dmging magic attacks... I mean seriously thats like over 1/3 the jobs.
 Alexander.Leostrife
サーバ: Alexander
user: Leostrife
By Alexander.Leostrife 2009-10-29 05:52:21  
Can't forget the base +2 Int these would come with. I'm still leaning toward +4Macc/Mab, but a curing piece isn't a bad idea as well.

Edit: Overall I'm having trouble finding a personal use for these, too many good pants out there as is.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2009-10-29 05:56:39  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Depends on how much MAB you have and dint with the target and what spell your using. With low dint(like 10ish)and high MAB (about 70ish)1MAB is about 1.7 int on thunder4 and like 2.5 int on AM. However I wont have that low of a dint on anything except high int HNMs. Also the pants come with base 2int on them.

As far as macc goes for dint>10 2int=1 macc for dint<10 1 int=1macc

Still getting Mahatma with 2MAB on it would be insanely good.

And mahatma will still win on slow/para/blind for potency reasons.

And how does Magic critical hit dmg +10% process? better than +8 int or a combination with mac or mab on these new legs?

I can't rlly figure out if it would be a nice piece for blm or mahatma still beat that out for most situations, and is better to focus on another job.
 Fenrir.Retin
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-10-29 05:57:46  
Maybe conserve TP will work on WSs/Chivalry/Shikikoyo/Waltzes/Steps(DNC abilities overall) Just a wild assumption, it might just be a spelling and was supposed to be STP:D I guess PDT-4% And Movemement speed+8% is win for my Samurai. I have Gavial Cuisses+1, wich also offers PDT-4%, pluss other stats, but you would want to get that PDT while running too, right? Unless you are getting from A to B you are running away from something:P Also, 8% or 12%, as long as you outrun the mob chasing you it does not really matter imo.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-10-29 05:59:12  
I can has haste+3%, Acc+7 pants for blu and nin? :o to replace AF2 pants on both jobs?
for TP'ing in. (and even ws on nin cause no shura legs)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 06:05:52  
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
And how does Magic critical hit dmg +10% process? better than +8 int or a combination with mac or mab on these new legs?

I can't rlly figure out if it would be a nice piece for blm or mahatma still beat that out for most situations, and is better to focus on another job.

Well see as there is no magic crit +dmg yet can't be 100% certain however taking it litterally you'd get a 10% increase in dmg on a magic crit. However I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't just give another 10more MAB on top of the 10 it normally does. However lets look at how often a magic crit is gunna proc you got 3% from strap 2 from witch sash and 10 from MKE hat if you did that. So 15% of the time at most you can get it. If it's a straight up +10% dmg on higher dmg stuff hell yeah even 15% of the time that'd overall be crazy increase. If it's just 10MAB well it'd be awesome epeening but overall...probably lower. However you could get the +crit hit dmg AND MAB making it normally one of the most dmging pants sometimes the most depending on dint/mab/mdb and when crit hit hits ouchy. That would be enought to even beat af2 on corresponding day.

If you don't wear magic crit hit gear which since all of it cept witch sash sucks then you can't crit making making that plus dmg worthless... and if your only using sash well 2% still makes it mostly worthless
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-10-29 06:35:53  
so overall the legs are pretty fail. anyone else think once you get the legs body and head augment peices it might unlock a new quests or 2 for possibly hands and feet ;p
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 06:40:54  
A 10% increase in Magic crit damage would probably mean that a crit gives 11 MAB instead of 10 MAB.

That's my guess anyway
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-29 06:43:24  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
so overall the legs are pretty fail. anyone else think once you get the legs body and head augment peices it might unlock a new quests or 2 for possibly hands and feet ;p

What about the bears though?

And no.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-10-29 06:44:35  
you just ruined my dreams
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 06:45:32  
Kujata.Argettio said:
A 10% increase in Magic crit damage would probably mean that a crit gives 11 MAB instead of 10 MAB.

That's my guess anyway

I know this is SE and all but that is beyond fail. I mean think about it. That would be a 1MAB augment that only happens if a crit hit happens... when they already have a 4MAB on there that always works.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-29 06:46:31  
Argettio said:

That's my guess anyway

I thought of that too, 10% to the extra damage only, not to the entire damage, but even for SE that's incredibly ***, considering as Dasva says, there's only 3 pieces of gear that allow you to perform a magic crit hit, and any BLM with half a brain would only use one of them IF they don't have relic belt.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-29 06:55:51  
Yes it would be very gay, but it would be pretty broken if you had Valkiyre Trews with 2 INT for a mini expansion reward.
 Bahamut.Kormix
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-10-29 06:56:28  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
There are differing reports weather macc affects QD... and isn't it like hard to get resisted on it anyways? I mean immunities and stuff that just lowers dmg sure but actually resist? I'd go with the roll one too if I was a cor.

Only thing I've ever seen 100% resist my QD is BV2.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-29 06:57:54  
Probably why the whole shadow/valkyrie set is considered to be such ***. <.<
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 07:00:57  
Oh wow lol mnk gets the shaft big time here(I knew haidate wouldn't be topped, but was hoping for something at least usable for ws). Guess I'll have to figure something out to make for one of my other jobs.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-10-29 07:03:53  
you are into sam quit a bit from what i can see why not idle peice -4% pysichal damage +8% movement speed
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 07:05:15  
Because I tank on mnk. I only go sam when I can go 100% pure dmg and not have to worry about anything else. My sam + hasso > my mnk. My mnk > my sam + seigan idling in PDT gear.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-10-29 07:06:26  
then why not the same for mnk? would mix well with arhats gear.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 07:08:29  
Mnk tank and sam tank are pretty different and those legs are not something that I'd throw on in a jam. Mnk gets most of its tanking experience out of a combination of utsusemi and counters. Counter is acc based and you need to be able to land your counters (if a counter miss it won't say miss, but you'll just not counter). Need to keep a safe level of acc on to actually land your counters to get shadows up and also make sure you get enough haste in there at the end for the recast timer.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-29 07:10:16  
Fully gearing for magic crit you don't lose alot vs other things. I mean sash you lose 1 int if you got sorc belt though you gain macc too. strap you lose 1 int. MKE head you lose like 2MAB.
So full geared for it magic crit you lose 2int and 2MAB on all your spells for the sake of argument lets just say 2int~1MAB

If it is +1MAB on magic crit it is beyond worthless. You gain 11MAB 15% of the time woot thats an average of 1.65MAB lol.

If it is +10MAB maybe slightly decent especially epeening. 20MAB 15% of the time comes out to an average of 3MAB so is about equal with what you would've lost.

If it is a full 10% dmg period I'm so getting a MKE head with +10% chance magic crit hit and 4int 2macc. While so far a chance to get 10MAB alone hasn't really been worth it a chance to get 10MAB AND +10% is definitely worth gearing for. I mean 10MAB and +10% dmg on 15% of the time... that's 1.5MAB and 1.5% dmg. So 1.5% more dmg for 1.5MAB. So doing some math rq... 1.5% dmg is the same as 1.5MAB at a base MAB of 100 Ie no +MAB. At about say 70MAB(not to hard for a blm to get especially if you put 4MAB on these pants) it is equivalent to 2.55 MAB. So yeah a bit higher average even slightly gimping yourself by gearing for magic crit hit. Not to mention fairly often you will be hitting wow numbers.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-10-29 07:12:30  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Oh wow lol mnk gets the shaft big time here(I knew haidate wouldn't be topped, but was hoping for something at least usable for ws). Guess I'll have to figure something out to make for one of my other jobs.

You are missing the point main draw of the peice though, its to finally give SAM movement speed since they have no other peice for it, and the -damage for lack of anythign better to pair it with. these augment peices always come down to getting something that was previously unavailable and the sam movement speed best fits the bill from what i can see.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-29 07:15:29  
And sam getting movement speed is about as important to me as if they would have added automaton ranged attack+100. Did you see me say sam gets the shaft? I'm pretty sure I said mnk.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15