users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Odin Bumba v15 Clear/RP service
Odin Bumba v15 Clear/RP service
 Asura.Bixbite
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-06-15 06:59:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Y'all got paper like that to burn huh? Fight takes 2.5 minutes and you can steamroll the other two to maintain boosted RP. Literally the easiest set of fights in the game. You even get RP for trying and failing. SE is actually giving you FREE RP for just showing up and people are STILL choosing to cash out, calling it a "good deal".

Bless your hearts.

You willing to take me to Bumba v15? I have an IGeo and a REMA SB Bard.
-edit Buukki was kind enough to offer me a spot. But a friend took me before hand and I got the win.

Quote:
get the access
This is the hard part for me especially because my rate of segs acquisition is low since i run pet pts with undergeared players.
Willing to spare 3000 segs and a bit of your time to give me a v15 clear? I've asked alot of people they all declined. Its for science too I want to test Bumba dmg+ pet augs.
I paid a person 20m to enter me into the fight and shouted for pug DDs but we just got him down to 19% before he started the fetter spam.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-15 07:15:18  
You must have missed my shouts where I picked up random people off the Asura streets and got them Bumba wins because our SP was missing people for a few days. I even shouted last night for multi job player for a triple NM run. It's extremely hard to find a random player who has more than one useful job for multiple NM runs. We're all but done now except a few random RP for party members, but like Taint said, get the access and it can be steamrolled pretty quickly. Maybe if I need one in a few days I'll look for you
By Taint 2021-06-15 07:55:06  
Just clearing Bumba v15 doesn't give you access to spam it. You still need someone with all v15s in your party and 99.9% of them run with a static.

I saw your shouts last night and had those jobs but I already joined another run and didn't want to bail.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-06-15 08:43:08  
Taint said: »
The hardest part of Bumba v15 is getting Bumba v15 access.

I agree fully. Needing all T1, T2, and T3 @v15 to access it is a huge pain.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-15 09:08:36  
So you have to pay to kill the NM for the clear, buy the gear and then kill it over and over again to augment it?

I would guess 90% of the people wearing this are never going to augment it.
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-15 12:45:57  
RadialArcana said: »
So you have to pay to kill the NM for the clear, buy the gear and then kill it over and over again to augment it?

I would guess 90% of the people wearing this are never going to augment it.

But look at path B! all that WSD!
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-06-15 14:06:01  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I have 4/5 R20 Nyame and all but one Aeonic and I didn't pay a single gil to some merc for any of them. It's amazing what happens when you do work and actually play the game as it was intended instead of just buying gil -> paying a merc to clear content for you. Nothing is more pathetic than someone spending their hard earned irl money only to be trash at the game because even if they get all the best stuff this game has to offer, they still fail at performing even the most basic fundamental tasks of any job they play.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against merc groups that sell clears like this. If they can find the suckers willing to pay this kind of money for their services, more power to them. It's better the gil goes to them instead of some CCP RMT sweatshop facility like the current Aeonic/JobPoint bots plaguing this game.

I know how to farm and I know how to cook but I still eat out at restaurants.

25M a run is a bit much though. It's only for 1 set of gear. Unless you don't have access and you couldn't be bothered to play Odyssey. I think it's worthwhile to just simply farm your way there.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-15 14:21:27  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
25M a run is a bit much though

Never hate on a hustle. The price is set because of people who are unable or unwilling to do it themselves. I actually applaud going for max possible gil, really can't be upset with the mercs at all. Charge what people are willing to pay for it. Creates a market for competition.

But nobody should look at the price and feel like they came up on a major steal.

25M for a full ~85 NM Aeonic Clear = Deal
25M for one Veng+15 clear = Not a Deal

Leviathan.Andret said: »
It's only for 1 set of gear.

They are selling the +15 clear, so it's actually for RP on the best-possible gear in the game. Across all jobs. You could prep the purchases with a 3-run amplifier prior to buying it, then it would only be 100M for a R20 piece of gear. Half billion for 5/5. That ends up being probably less than what you would pay in Dark Matters trying to create your own "perfect" piece of Reisenjima augments. And again, across all jobs that can use it. Might actually be worth the price if you look if from that perspective.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-15 14:30:07  
I would be surprised if a market existed for V15 clears.

You'll get easy sales to get the armor unlock, but anyone that cares enough to want R20'd gear probably cares enough to want to do it.

I would be legit amazed if you got anyone to go for even one actual run, for RP at 25m. That's a ton of gil for a normy without hitting the crafting lottery.
(but people do always do dumber ***, so not that amazed)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-06-15 17:19:42  
25M for a v15 Bumba clear, the broken *** gear that comes along with it. Hellova deal.

Think of this way? if you could not do this content for whatever reason, would u not pay 25M for a broken *** set of DT/MEVA armor? I mean most of us pay 40-80Mil for +2 necks unless we can craft them. 25Mil would cover so many needs where a +2 neck is minimal in comparison to what it could cover regarding sets.

You fools forget that 90% of the population does not have access to V15 Bumba, and getting V0 access is a grind in and of itself.

With likely no hope of doing V15 Bumbas in abundance, If the buyer is smart, they could get that x9 RP one time and have a good chunk of bit RP for a piece or two. They could do this multiple times if they had the resources.

Yes Bumba is easy compared to the other NMs, but context needs to be taken into account. It's easy for a lot of us, but out of reach for a huge majority of the playerbase.

I don't think even the OP is expecting anyone to purchase a 5/5 R20 for a set. It seems more like the OP is doing V15 anyways for their own reasons and offering up a slot to leeches/buyers. I don't see why any of you would think that the deal is specifically to r20 every piece. (who in their right mind would pay that much for RP anyways, in that context ya it's a dumb price)
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-15 18:01:26  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
25M for a v15 Bumba clear, the broken *** gear that comes along with it. Hellova deal.

Think of this way? if you could not do this content for whatever reason, would u not pay 25M for a broken *** set of DT/MEVA armor? I mean most of us pay 40-80Mil for +2 necks unless we can craft them. 25Mil would cover so many needs where a +2 neck is minimal in comparison to what it could cover regarding sets.

You fools forget that 90% of the population does not have access to V15 Bumba, and getting V0 access is a grind in and of itself.

With likely no hope of doing V15 Bumbas in abundance, If the buyer is smart, they could get that x9 RP one time and have a good chunk of bit RP for a piece or two. They could do this multiple times if they had the resources.

Yes Bumba is easy compared to the other NMs, but context needs to be taken into account. It's easy for a lot of us, but out of reach for a huge majority of the playerbase.

I don't think even the OP is expecting anyone to purchase a 5/5 R20 for a set. It seems more like the OP is doing V15 anyways for their own reasons and offering up a slot to leeches/buyers. I don't see why any of you would think that the deal is specifically to r20 every piece. (who in their right mind would pay that much for RP anyways, in that context ya it's a dumb price)

Preach!
 Odin.Angenard
user: Anaurine
By Odin.Angenard 2021-06-15 19:55:27  
These guys are good players I hope you get all the buyers :) <3
By Mrgrim 2021-06-16 00:13:44  
If people paying those prices for Bumba I might as well sell some V15s every now and then >_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-06-16 00:15:48  
I charge more than this group does for V15 Bumba so :P (repeat customers get hooked up though) If anyone thinks my group is going waste our time and segs to r20 their Nyame, they out of their *** mind, I assumed it would be the same for you guys.
[+]
By Seun 2021-06-16 02:43:02  
Think of this way? if you could not do this content for whatever reason, would u not pay 25M for a broken *** set of DT/MEVA armor?

My answer would be no, but I feel like the question doesn't really factor into the 'value' of the gear.

Capping DT doesn't require Nyame so that's a moot point. The highlight over say Malignance would be HP/DEF/MEVA, but it's not significant enough in my opinion to warrant the 25M + cost of gear price tag.

Nyame only distances itself from other options in the content that those 90% are NOT participating in. If the content is more than you can handle, at least in this case; the gear is more than you need to handle content you can/do participate in...
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-06-16 03:05:28  
Seun said: »
Capping DT doesn't require Nyame so that's a moot point. The highlight over say Malignance would be HP/DEF/MEVA, but it's not significant enough in my opinion to warrant the 25M + cost of gear price tag.
Malignance is not all jobs.

Nyame only distances itself from other options in the content that those 90% are NOT participating in. If the content is more than you can handle, at least in this case; the gear is more than you need to handle content you can/do participate in...

Malignance is not all jobs?I misread. I agree with you. But people are lazy?
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-06-16 03:44:52  

Meh, need =/= wants

TBH no body need Nyame gear for anything, I mean, if you can enter Bumba, you have beaten all T3 before you have access to Nyame. Nothing else is more bleeding edge.

But, like Tesco would say, every little help. So what if they don't need a gear to do whatever it is that they do? Any overgearing would make whatever they do easier. The stronger you are, the more margin of error there is. The stronger you are, the more you can carry and compensate for other's failings.

To get Nyame gear you have to have beaten the newest content. Everything in the game have been beaten without Nyame gear. There are no content that need Nyame gear to complete.

If people only get Nyame gear to do content that need Nyame gear, nobody would be getting them.

Now do people want Nyame gear to make other content easier? Hell yes. And those content go from Leaping Lizzy (ok maybe i'm exaggerating) to Bumba itself.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-06-16 08:51:27  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
from Leaping Lizzy (ok maybe i'm exaggerating) to Bumba itself.
What if a fight doesn't fall between these two extremes? Like, say, Bubbly Bernie? How does Nyame affect a fight of his caliber?
By Nocki 2021-06-16 10:27:47  
I sell Bumba v0 clear on a smaller server for 20m so yea this is a good price. I'd actually argue you should raise the price.

Also to the people saying this is priced too high, imagine if this gear were craftable. It would sell for like 300m/ea because of how nuts it is...

Best of luck boys, I'd be inclined to buy a run just to spy on you haha.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-16 10:53:51  
How much the gear would sell for if craftable would be based on how much the materials cost and how hard it is to HQ, not how good the pieces are.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-16 11:07:30  
Well, it would be affected by it by some degree, as it would create higher demand.
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-16 12:01:30  
Nocki said: »
I sell Bumba v0 clear on a smaller server for 20m so yea this is a good price. I'd actually argue you should raise the price.

Also to the people saying this is priced too high, imagine if this gear were craftable. It would sell for like 300m/ea because of how nuts it is...

Keeping an eye out for a sneaky dude looking to steal our strat, check.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-06-16 12:24:45  
Odin.Karizo said: »
Nocki said: »

What's your strat? >:P

Edit: (I won't tell anyone, probably.)
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-16 12:27:41  
Odin.Senaki said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Naegling
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-16 12:30:46  
Asura.Friedrik said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Naegling

The secret is out!
By Nocki 2021-06-16 12:59:48  
Odin.Karizo said: »

You'll never know if its me! >=)
By Seun 2021-06-16 19:30:16  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
Meh, need =/= wants

TBH no body need Nyame gear for anything, I mean, if you can enter Bumba, you have beaten all T3 before you have access to Nyame. Nothing else is more bleeding edge.

You whiffed the point pretty hard unless you were meaning to respond to someone else.

I didn't say anyone needed any gear. I was pointing out that it's less valuable to players who aren't participating in odyssey. We already out-gear much of the other content in the game. Spend lots of money to make trivial content slightly more trivial? No.

That said, I do realize that a V15 clear is better than a V0 at the same price. I just wouldn't buy either, especially if I weren't planning on augs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-06-16 19:36:09  
People should be mad at SE for locking the best gear in the game behind 6man content instead of getting at these guys for providing a service.

SE Should really just make it 18 man content and increase the KI carry to 3 already. Nearly impossible on small servers to find players who are geared and skilled on multiple jobs who aren't already in set groups.
By Seun 2021-06-16 20:07:30  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
SE Should really just make it 18 man content and increase the KI carry to 3 already. Nearly impossible on small servers to find players who are geared and skilled on multiple jobs who aren't already in set groups.

I don't follow. If it's difficult for you to find 5 other players, why would you want them to expand that to finding 17 other players? If anything, I would think players on smaller servers would want content to be more accessible to smaller groups...
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2021-06-16 20:14:02  
Depends on the LS. We usually have a packed house for events. Would be easier for our group if it was alliance content that scaled down with fewer members.