First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 162 163 164
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-11-07 20:28:55  
Asura.Bippin said: »
SimonSes said: »
It was changed to 1:1 for 2h weapons a LONG time (like more than 10 years?) ago and then it was applied to 1h weapons too.
What? When?
um for 2handers it was the 2handed update of 2007
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/The_History_of_Final_Fantasy_XI/2007
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: maletaru
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-11-07 20:33:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
It was changed to 1:1 for 2h weapons a LONG time (like more than 10 years?) ago and then it was applied to 1h weapons too.
What? When?

Someone should update the BG wiki then.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Strength
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-07 21:42:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
What? When?
That got changed quickly to 3/4 for 2H.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Attack

This properly shows MH and OH values of attack from STR.

It would have been this update:
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54790-December.-11-2018-%28JST%29-Version-Update
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-11-07 23:39:26  
Just to add to the process of elimination...

Haughty Tulittia - killing on top of the bitzer does not = brown chest.
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-08 09:03:01  
I updated the bg-wiki "B" objectives for the chest B3 & B4 as follows:

Perform one weaponskill (SCH immanence does not count, nor SMN BP) before defeating them on 5 Biune foes.

Perform one weaponskill (SCH immanence does not count, nor SMN BP) before defeating them on 5 more Biune foes.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-08 09:31:20  
Shiva.Larrymc said: »

Perform one weaponskill (SCH immanence does not count, nor SMN BP) before defeating them on 5 Biune foes.

Perform one weaponskill (SCH immanence does not count, nor SMN BP) before defeating them on 5 more Biune foes.

It's not 5. I usually get first chest after 4th kill and second after 7th (7total, so 3 more after first chest) or something like that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-08 09:35:57  

It's not 5. I usually get first chest after 4th kill and second after 7th (7total, so 3 more after first chest) or something like that.

I think you are right, I will watch carefully next run the update the numbers after confirming.
 Carbuncle.Iszo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Isszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-08 11:33:09  
Managed to get Casket #G2 again after aoeing mobs next to the blitzer.

Carbuncle.Iszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-08 11:34:36  
I wonder if that casket is something strange like eliminate specified enemy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-08 11:40:52  
Carbuncle.Iszo said: »

That would be miserable, but in Nyzul Isle for the same objective, that monster checks as ITG. Any chance that you checked these monsters before killing them? Could also be something like "kill x amount of monsters at the same time in the room with the bitzer x amount of times"
 Carbuncle.Iszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-08 11:51:34  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

That would be miserable, but in Nyzul Isle for the same objective, that monster checks as ITG. Any chance that you checked these monsters before killing them? Could also be something like "kill x amount of monsters at the same time in the room with the bitzer x amount of times"
I did not check them but will next time. I'm hoping it's kill near the blizter or kill every dullahan at the nakkul gates (I drag those mobs to the blizter).
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-11-08 13:46:01  

I think you are right, I will watch carefully next run the update the numbers after confirming.

This is one of the most consistent chests in the zone. Leaden > Viper > Leaden on #3 for Blue, #5 for Brown Shard, #10 for Brown Metal. (8 fire elementals + 2 of any other)
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-11-08 13:48:30  

I did not check them but will next time. I'm hoping it's kill near the blizter or kill every dullahan at the nakkul gates (I drag those mobs to the blizter).

It isn't kill all the Dulla's from the reive. That people have been doing because it is the spawn condition for the reive itself.

It might very well be kill non-bitzer room things in the bitzer room though.
 Carbuncle.Iszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-08 17:39:40  
Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

It isn't kill all the Dulla's from the reive. That people have been doing because it is the spawn condition for the reive itself.

It might very well be kill non-bitzer room things in the bitzer room though.
Will try to confirm.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-09 07:04:13  
Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »

This is one of the most consistent chests in the zone. Leaden > Viper > Leaden on #3 for Blue, #5 for Brown Shard, #10 for Brown Metal. (8 fire elementals + 2 of any other)

When I carefully counted I had same experience - I could swear that sometimes I get the brown chest faster - but must be my imagination. Brown chests after 5 & 10 respectively.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-09 20:48:21  
Has anyone else encountered Aita taking less than 1/5th the damage of the other bosses? Our group has several nukers that can do 99999 on the other bosses, but our highest nuke on Aita was about 18k. We had Sab Frazzle III and added Focus later to try to improve our damage (to no avail), so MACC shouldn't have been the cause.

He was also spawning fetters on our back line despite the tank never losing hate; is that normal?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-11-09 22:17:24  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Has anyone else encountered Aita taking less than 1/5th the damage of the other bosses? Our group has several nukers that can do 99999 on the other bosses, but our highest nuke on Aita was about 18k. We had Sab Frazzle III and added Focus later to try to improve our damage (to no avail), so MACC shouldn't have been the cause.

He was also spawning fetters on our back line despite the tank never losing hate; is that normal?

The fetter spawning on the backline is unfortunately normal for Aita.

As for your damage, are you using Bolster'd Malaise, Rayke, Gambit, etc.? Aita takes noticeably less damage than the other bosses, but yours is way too low. It sounds like you're not hitting the correct elemental weakness for the mode he's in; he's only ever susceptible to one element -- the opposite of his last TP move. e.g. If he last used Flaming Kick, he's susceptible to Water.

After he uses Vivisection, he's seemingly vulnerable to no element until he gets another TP move off. Which is extremely annoying because that can take awhile.
By Mirdain 2022-11-09 22:38:59  
Shiva.Liam said: »

Second time I got the bonus -

I think its either # of WS, Multiple enemies, or wind damage.

Nothing was done/killed prior to this.

This time I did not delete the clip.
https://youtu.be/mLf4eNUEHEk
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-11-10 01:54:56  
Besides nextgames video with a solo path, is there any other option of an optimized solo run to try and get the best gallimaufry/stones? I run it with a group mildly often but I have empty days and thinking I should start going in but I'm struggling a bit to make a decent path for solo due to the annoying maps <.<
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-10 02:05:17  
Mirdain said: »
Shiva.Liam said: »

Second time I got the bonus -

I think its either # of WS, Multiple enemies, or wind damage.

Nothing was done/killed prior to this.

This time I did not delete the clip.
https://youtu.be/mLf4eNUEHEk
It's not a directional requirement.
We killed it with Wildfire when all party members were stacked in front of her.

Will try killing all the fomors around here while she is claimed tomorrow.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 02:08:18  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Besides nextgames video with a solo path, is there any other option of an optimized solo run to try and get the best gallimaufry/stones? I run it with a group mildly often but I have empty days and thinking I should start going in but I'm struggling a bit to make a decent path for solo due to the annoying maps <.<
My solo farming path is the following

01) Go to D and kill the Deleterious
02) Kill 3 Fomors
03) Go to C, find and kill the Ghost, hopefully within 5 mins from entering C
04) Open Locked B gate
05) Go to B, find and kill the Porxie
06) Go to A, find and kill the Obdella
07) /heal in the right zone
08) Kill 5 monsters in A
09) Go to D, then H and do the exit/re-enter chest
10) Go to C, find the Blitzer and do the 30secs target chest
11) Go to B, find the Blitzer and do the 5/5 empy chest
12) If enough time, kill all Veelas (can easily take ~20 mins, and without Cornelia I feel it's gonna take even more)

I rarely managed to do 12) because of too much lost time trying to pull the Deleterious or finding the other 3 NMs.

With this farming route I focus only on chests that can drop Sapphires/Cases and 3/4 chests for Starstone/Cases.
I also do some easy chests that can't drop sapphires but that I find on the way. Like dropping wing on D, /hurray on B, spellcast on A, opening locked A and examining A blitzer while naked.

I dunno how much Gallimaufry I get exactly with this run, something like ~7k I think?

If you're wondering which job can do this, well... I normally do it on BLU. BLU can make it much easier (especially on the basement floor) because you can Entomb and crowdcontrol stuff around the blitzer, instead of having to waste precious time waiting for monsters to move/turn around.
Also on BLU you can avoid using a RDM trust for Haste2, if you go /RDM you can sneak/invi yourself and blahblah.

But I've done this on other jobs as well: MNK, SAM, DNC, NIN.
On the first three you kinda have to either go /NIN or /mage for sneak invi, crippling your DD potential, or you can rely on Powders/Oils but personally I loathe doing that, to each his own I guess.
My kill speed was faster on these jobs than on BLU, probably because of multistep SCs and good DPS cooldowns that BLU lacks, but also because my BLU gear is pretty meh I guess.
[+]
By zixxer 2022-11-10 02:34:13  
Eikondrite dropped from Skomora.

Edit: for easy reading and answering some FAQ

Must have at least 1 prime weapon in inventory or wardrobes

Prime does not need to be equipped to get drop

Will drop direct to inventory

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By zixxer 2022-11-10 03:11:33  
KujahFoxfire said: »
zixxer said: »
Eikondrite dropped from Skomora.

Please post pics etc with claims like this. Also was it a direct drop to everyone or go into treasure pool?

Direct to inventory all people in zone. Just like everything else in sortie.
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-10 03:21:53  
I can confirm it, was in the same run. It was a direct drop in the same manner Sapphires and Old Cases are.

Unfortunately, for once, I was not recording neither did I get a screenshot.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 03:26:55  
With "direct drop" you mean something that appeared directly in the inventory of people participating in the fight?
I assume only people who have a Prime Weapon though, right?
By zixxer 2022-11-10 03:30:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »
With "direct drop" you mean something that appeared directly in the inventory of people participating in the fight?
I assume only people who have a Prime Weapon though, right?

Must have a prime weapon to receive the drop.

Edit: We had someone not purchase any primes and he did not receive the drop.
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 162 163 164