Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 157 158 159
By alamihgo 2023-12-05 14:27:05  
Any professional kiters mind sharing tips for wrangling Gartell during Gravity II? Details like geometry, player position and timing. Is a no-hitter possible? Can you lock the mob into a triangular holding pattern like Dhartok?
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-12-05 16:19:35  
alamihgo said: »
Any professional kiters mind sharing tips for wrangling Gartell during Gravity II? Details like geometry, player position and timing. Is a no-hitter possible? Can you lock the mob into a triangular holding pattern like Dhartok?

Indi-Gravity + Gravity II (especially with Bolster) almost stops him completely in his tracks. It is possible to kill him without any TP moves going off. But for Gartell you need to stay quite far away to prevent Chokehold. Have the tank go in first and stand in the middle of the room, flash, pop all your hate abilities including 2 hours, flash again, and then stay 20+ away. If you abuse Indi-Gravity + Gravity II it's pretty easy to keep him in the GEO-Bubble and far, far away. Without GEO you'll be running full speed around the room's parameter to stay far enough away.
[+]
By zixxer 2023-12-05 18:03:52  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Could maybe drop D ring and augment Apeile for the MDB, etc. Hmm, maybe Sanare over Eabani too... Anyway.

Thanks for this, I completely forgot about the mdb on that ring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
サーバ: Bahamut
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-05 22:00:58  
For sortie in particular, I'm not a fan of absorb. Now, if you aren't attempting to TP suppress the NMs, then disregard, but... when an absorb procs, if it cures you for more than 0, then just like when a hit deals more than 0 dmg, the mob gets TP for that hit. This is... really annoying. So while it spares your stoneskin some damage, the mob just got TP for that hit anyway. Essentially circumventing your entire SS, and all your other defenses.

Aaa, this is really clutch info. Seems a lot easier to figure out which pieces to swap in if there's no need to prioritize absorb (especially if it's actively kinda bad here)

Cape Augs: +20 INT, +45 MEVA, +10 enmity.

for this piece specifically, given that RUN may be fine or even a little overcapped on MEVA for these encounters like you said, would it behoove me to maybe make a cape that's +30 int, +35 MEVA, +10 enmity? basically just swapping the +10 meva for +10 int

I suppose trying to maintain a high HP in an idle tanking set is far less important when the idea is to take 0 or nearly 0 as much as possible, eh?

Bigtime thanks for the info; not just the sets, but the strats as well! you the real GOAT homie.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-12-05 23:06:45  
Bahamut.Vethric said: »
for this piece specifically, given that RUN may be fine or even a little overcapped on MEVA for these encounters like you said, would it behoove me to maybe make a cape that's +30 int, +35 MEVA, +10 enmity? basically just swapping the +10 meva for +10 int
That would be a reasonable adjustment for this use case.

However, in my case I didn't make the cape specifically for this set. It's a more general use meva/resist/magic def cape. INT is useful, particularly in this specific sortie related case. But more generally, meva applies to more things. Not all magic/breath damage uses dINT, but sources of magice/breath damage that don't have an meva check are vanishingly rare. So the cape was made around that thought. Well, that and I strongly tend towards the, "as much as I can get" policy towards meva, since I pretty much never know how much I actually need.

Feels pretty weird to be fairly certain I have more meva than needed and be able to drop some.
Bahamut.Vethric said: »
I suppose trying to maintain a high HP in an idle tanking set is far less important when the idea is to take 0 or nearly 0 as much as possible, eh?
Oddly enough, despite how focused on HP I am for my PLD sets... I hardly pay it any mind on RUN. I've never really felt I needed to stack HP on RUN, and they tend to hit 3k HP in many sets without any specific effort. Damn HP traits. <,<;

But yeah, I don't see much need to maintain high HP in this case. And even for PLD on hard mode Aminon I turned off my HP toggle entirely. Didn't need 3k+ HP.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-06 05:44:51  
Anybody knows what happens to the HP a V25 Monster regens if you decide to do multi-KIs?

I mean for RP purpose it's irrelevant. Say if you can reach 74% HP once you time out you will receive RP for 25% HP taken, even if before time runs out the NM regens back to 100% HP.

What happens to HP on the second KI though? Say it regens back to 90%, when you enter on KI2 will it be at 90% or 75%?
And if it's 90%, what happens if you take >5% HP off it and bring it to 84%? Would that count to receive RP or not?

edit:
Wrong thread, FML!
[+]
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2023-12-06 07:50:30  
From what I recall doing the 2 KI strats for Mboze and Arebati, getting to Mboze to 74% and then regening to >80%, KI #2 start would still begin with 74% and add spawning instantly upon pull. Same thing for Arebati, it would start at whatever -9% or -4% threshold that was reached prior to regen ticking up.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-06 08:05:45  
So once you reach a "milestone" (there's one every 5% HP) that's where the Monster starts back from on the successive KI, even if he regens back to 100%.

Makes sense and answers all of my questions. Good to know, thanks!
By alamihgo 2023-12-07 22:52:16  
Fenrir.Velner said: »
alamihgo said: »

Indi-Gravity + Gravity II (especially with Bolster) almost stops him completely in his tracks. It is possible to kill him without any TP moves going off. But for Gartell you need to stay quite far away to prevent Chokehold. Have the tank go in first and stand in the middle of the room, flash, pop all your hate abilities including 2 hours, flash again, and then stay 20+ away. If you abuse Indi-Gravity + Gravity II it's pretty easy to keep him in the GEO-Bubble and far, far away. Without GEO you'll be running full speed around the room's parameter to stay far enough away.
Thank you. Stacking grav made this so easy I can't believe we didn't get banned immediately.
By Shichishito 2023-12-26 05:20:27  
I don't know if it's been mentioned befor but the Wiki only lists Ra'kaznar Starstone for basement chests.
I just got two Ra'kaznar Sapphires. One from Sector G, Objective: Casket #G1 and another one from Sector F, Objective: Casket #F1

Those are the "click blitzer while wearing full empy armor set" and "face the blitzer while standing within 6 yalms for 30 seconds" objectives.

I don't know if that's by design or a bug, all I know is I'd usually usually carry the low level prime weapon with me. This time it was stored in the moglocker, maybe that caused the downgrade from starstones to sapphire drops?
By marlinselfish 2023-12-27 11:21:36  
Hello All.

Need some help getting past F boss. We run DD strategy with War Sam Cor Bard Whm Rdm. We get him down to around 30% and wipe. Please any tips or advice would be appreciated.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-27 11:36:34  
Has anyone tried some form of poison pot to see if it prevents the E boss from landing his debuff? Does the Clobbering damage scale with any form of poison on or is it just if he lands Taint/Poison?
By Seun 2023-12-27 12:51:57  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Has anyone tried some form of poison pot to see if it prevents the E boss from landing his debuff?

Probably venom potion rather than just poison potion.
[+]
By Taint 2023-12-27 14:05:12  
marlinselfish said: »
Hello All.

Need some help getting past F boss. We run DD strategy with War Sam Cor Bard Whm Rdm. We get him down to around 30% and wipe. Please any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Wind Hands start: Full Buff, DDs JAs and everything. When WAR SPs, WHM Asylums. Zerg him. RDM get Dia3 and Gravity on. When Asylum wears, have the SAM super jump and the WAR kites. If the WAR can stay 20+ he won't steal any buffs and the party can finish him off easily.

Thunder Hands start: Full Buff, MEVA Hybrids, Sacro then zerg. Stun slows this method down but hes not dangerous. If he swaps hands, Asylum ASAP, Dia3, Gravity.

As your DPS gets higher from Prime horn, weapons he gets easier and easier. DRK also helps since SP2 keeps him tame longer. You can SAM SP2 as well but chances are the WAR will hold hate here.
By drakefs 2023-12-27 15:28:55  
Taint said: »
RDM get Dia3 and Gravity on.
Is this a Stymie gravity?
By SimonSes 2023-12-27 15:45:18  
drakefs said: »
RDM get Dia3 and Gravity on.
Is this a Stymie gravity?

Should be easy to gravity during wind hand.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-28 00:47:24  
We've stopped kiting him ages ago, and don't even bother casting gravity for F. Just slam his face with your 1hrs. When he's in wind hand mode we open with Asylum and he's pretty much always dead before Asylum wears off. If not, he's REALLY low on health.

Soul Enslavement, Mighty Strikes, Yaeg are absolutely insane. Rudra from BRD is decent, BH from RDM is also quite strong. His HP absolutely melts

As stated above, Thunder hand is annoying but not dangerous at all.

Are you having problems with Wind, Thunder, or both? We find Wind to be significantly easier, but if your damage isn't great you might have a problem once Asylum wears off. Thunder shouldn't be a problem at any point with a solid WHM.

Aside: we've never seen a hand swap with melee strategy. After some time (3 minutes?) he will double-hand, but he never swaps from one to the other that I've seen.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-28 01:38:11  
Have to proc for him to switch which wouldn't happen in a melee setup
By K123 2023-12-28 03:40:40  
Shichishito said: »
I don't know if it's been mentioned befor but the Wiki only lists Ra'kaznar Starstone for basement chests.
I just got two Ra'kaznar Sapphires. One from Sector G, Objective: Casket #G1 and another one from Sector F, Objective: Casket #F1

Those are the "click blitzer while wearing full empy armor set" and "face the blitzer while standing within 6 yalms for 30 seconds" objectives.

I don't know if that's by design or a bug, all I know is I'd usually usually carry the low level prime weapon with me. This time it was stored in the moglocker, maybe that caused the downgrade from starstones to sapphire drops?
That sounds like a bug. Sapphire should not drop in basement afaik.
By K123 2023-12-28 03:41:50  
Also thunder hand is significantly harder than wind hand imo and the stun spam can cause a lose, but this isn't with Aria and outstanding dds
By Taint 2023-12-28 07:37:12  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
We've stopped kiting him ages ago, and don't even bother casting gravity for F. Just slam his face with your 1hrs. When he's in wind hand mode we open with Asylum and he's pretty much always dead before Asylum wears off. If not, he's REALLY low on health.

Soul Enslavement, Mighty Strikes, Yaeg are absolutely insane. Rudra from BRD is decent, BH from RDM is also quite strong. His HP absolutely melts

As stated above, Thunder hand is annoying but not dangerous at all.

Are you having problems with Wind, Thunder, or both? We find Wind to be significantly easier, but if your damage isn't great you might have a problem once Asylum wears off. Thunder shouldn't be a problem at any point with a solid WHM.

Aside: we've never seen a hand swap with melee strategy. After some time (3 minutes?) he will double-hand, but he never swaps from one to the other that I've seen.

He can 100% swap. High DPS makes him easy but people struggling are taking much longer than 30 seconds to kill him and need a sound strategy.
By SimonSes 2023-12-28 08:11:23  
It can most likely swap from Skillchain damage.
By marlinselfish 2023-12-28 11:00:39  
Thanks for the discussion everyone. What are the best weapons to use for Sam and War. The sam was using shining one and war greatsword to make darkness. Not sure if this is optimal. We get him to 30% and fetters pop and kill one of the dps. We get him down to 30% some what easy and seem to hit the wall. Ty all for your comments above.
By Taint 2023-12-28 11:17:46  
Thanks for the discussion everyone. What are the best weapons to use for Sam and War. The sam was using shining one and war greatsword to make darkness. Not sure if this is optimal. We get him to 30% and fetters pop and kill one of the dps. We get him down to 30% some what easy and seem to hit the wall. Ty all for your comments above.

WAR using Fimb? If so I'd say that's ideal. DDs popping all JAs prior to aggro? I've seen it a few times where DDs are wasting Asylum time popping JAs. Hasso,zerk,agg,BR,MS(Asylum follows MS) - then go to town.

The fetters hit hard, need to move out asap and Panacea the debuff. That's a great point to start kiting as well if wind hands. Fetter pops, WAR runs away, SAM super jumps, then finish him.

If its Thunder hands just move a good chunk away from the fetter and Panacea asap.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-28 13:32:12  
You say your WAR + SAM are SCing, are your BRD, RDM, and COR not engaged? We had this discussion with another group a while ago and my suggestion was that they get all their melee involved and they won shortly after that.

I think people see 99k Darkness and think it's a DPS loss to not have that SC, but when you compare that to the 70k BH, 50k Rudras, and 30k Evisceration you're giving up, plus having to delay the SAM and WAR WS to make sure they hit the SC....you're losing DPS by SCing. Also, when spamming WS you will, occasionally, make a SC anyway.
[+]
By Veydal1 2023-12-28 14:39:25  

WAR using Fimb? If so I'd say that's ideal. DDs popping all JAs prior to aggro? I've seen it a few times where DDs are wasting Asylum time popping JAs. Hasso,zerk,agg,BR,MS(Asylum follows MS) - then go to town.

The fetters hit hard, need to move out asap and Panacea the debuff. That's a great point to start kiting as well if wind hands. Fetter pops, WAR runs away, SAM super jumps, then finish him.

If its Thunder hands just move a good chunk away from the fetter and Panacea asap.

Bolded for emphasis.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-12-30 07:18:40  
We finally started Aminon enraged and we won but it took us WAY longer than we had wanted.

Our WS numbers topped out at 44k (DNC)

10x Box Step
Dia3+ light shot
frailty.

what else are we missing? are people dropping a def down WS on him like Shellcrusher?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-12-30 07:18:44  
We finally started Aminon enraged and we won but it took us WAY longer than we had wanted.

Our WS numbers topped out at 44k (DNC)

10x Box Step
Dia3+ light shot
frailty.

what else are we missing? are people dropping a def down WS on him like Shellcrusher?

rolls crooked tact+chaos
songs honor/mad/mad/min/min(needed 2x madrigal for acc)
quick+box step
By SimonSes 2023-12-30 07:43:41  
Climactic Rudra/Ruthless did 44k or normal?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-12-30 07:51:17  
SimonSes said: »
Climactic Rudra/Ruthless did 44k or normal?
44k was the high for the entire fight, dnc has stage 4 dagger was using ruthless but only ML7. edit: and GALKA which is probably our biggest issue

we used our normal stewpot food as well. People runnign Repast on Enraged?

edit:
DNC 44k high Ruthless
PLD 17k high KoR
COR 38k high Savage
RDM 37k high (not sure what she was using)
BRD 32k high (rudras?)
GEO 13k high (black halo)
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 157 158 159