Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-06 07:21:09  
Penpenn said: »
B > A (proc B & A at same time)
wat

You can't access more than one boss at the same time, so I'm sure you meant something else, but what exactly?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-06 07:30:07  
Oh my god. They finally found some addicts breaking points.

I absolutely never expected this many people to (pretend) like they won't be doing sortie everyday.

Flew too close to the sewer.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-06-06 07:43:53  
If i had a consistent group it would be a different story but i have to go down a list begging people every day and I'm already worn out
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-06-06 07:50:22  
SimonSes said: »
Afaik Mischief's group basically does cycle of 2 runs
1. All bosses beside MB + roaming NMs
2. MB+6 bosses

avg per run is ~65k
Assuming once per day + Ruspix. There is maybe around 189 runs left this year, assuming they wont miss a single day. That's 12.285M Gali. They would need to increase Galli per run to like 70k or start going every 20h instead of every 24h to make it this year if last stage is 10M.

What is the routing that allows for this? While we have accomplished the all boss run once, it was without roaming NMs and seems hard to press for.

Maybe we are routing wrong? We do C > G > B > A (proc B & A at same time) > F > E > D/H

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57284/may-2023-version-update-part-2/13#3665791

This is our run strategy at the moment that works. We are trying to do 8/8 + mega boss all in one now... best run just shy 3-4 minutes.

We farm the mid bosses in the basement in the 8/8 run which allows us to do A > B > C > G > MB > E > F without needing the seal, since we got it the run before.

Credit to Nuance as he's been really good at strategizing all of this and trimming so much time as we go.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-06 08:09:57  
Fenrir.Svens said: »
I'll be stopping at stage 4 since you get most of the benefits by then.

Yeah I think that is the plan at least until I have a couple of them. I'd be ok going all in on one but they made shield, horn, and mage weapons to add more utility options.

I assume the last stage is going to suck a lot more than the previous ones.
By SimonSes 2023-06-06 08:24:21  
Asura.Sechs said: »
B > A (proc B & A at same time)
wat

You can't access more than one boss at the same time, so I'm sure you meant something else, but what exactly?

He means doing A and B shard/metal at the same time most likely.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2023-06-06 08:55:48  
Looks like my weapon will finally be done in 2053.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-06-06 09:16:36  
Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Stage 4 Prime Weapon Requirements:

Random questions, since the upgrade values are server-supplied variables:

• Has your stage 3 upgrade price for additional weapons changed?

• Has the stage 3 upgrade price for other people making this weapon changed?

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-06 09:50:21  
Asura.Splendid said: »
Looks like my weapon will finally be done in 2053.
Just in time for the release of FFXXI
[+]
 Odin.Danial
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2023-06-06 10:25:23  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You mean FFXVII
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-06 10:46:09  
Odin.Danial said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You mean FFXVII

Woosh.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-06-06 11:07:26  
Meeble said: »

Well those are two scary scenarios. One where weapon progress makes future weapons cheaper so players either have a half dozen weapons or none. And the other where it's like purchasable Odyssey gear where upgrade costs are vary by server.
By Ultimaetus 2023-06-06 11:17:52  
It feels wrong? Why even have psyches and whatever-hedrites as a cost if you get them for free while farming muffins?
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-06 11:34:22  
Ultimaetus said: »
It feels wrong? Why even have psyches and whatever-hedrites as a cost if you get them for free while farming muffins?

Well in theory 2.5m galli can be farmed in like 40 runs, but you need two months of psyche. So you will get more Galli then psyche, meaning you can use it for empty+3.

Problem I see is people who can make 65k per run probably upgraded their empy months ago.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-06-06 11:36:26  
Ultimaetus said: »

It's the other way around, the muffin cost makes no sense.

Total time to completion is controlled by how many psyches you can get per month.

Total time spent in sortie is controlled by how many *ites you need for each stage.

SE could make these numbers anything they wanted to find a nice balance of time spent playing Sortie and months subscribed overall, without requiring the mountain of muffins they apparently are. It seems arbitrary and kind of punishing, which is basically why some people's jimmies are rustled about it.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-06-06 11:47:49  
Valefor.Philemon said: »
Well those are two scary scenarios. One where weapon progress makes future weapons cheaper so players either have a half dozen weapons or none. And the other where it's like purchasable Odyssey gear where upgrade costs are vary by server.

SE's ultimate money making plan - everyone has to server hop to asura and back to upgrade each stage.

I do hope they add some functionality to the -drite stones/sapphires as currently they are just a unnecessary inventory clog. (I guess they are npcable at least to cover all my s/i pots per run :D) hell i'd even trade them in for ruspix plate seconds over nothing at all.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-06-06 11:59:33  

Well, as a primarily solo player who gets 6k ~ 9k per run depending on how lucky I get with NM placements...I guess its time to spend my built up gallimaufry on +2/+3 armor for my other jobs and abandon this Prime nonsense. Godhands forever, I guess.

Everyone talks about how the process works for high-end groups but for solo this is untenable. Stage 3 is just about doable given enough time but I already really sick of spending 50 minutes running through Sortie every day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-06 12:08:11  
Foxfire said: »
What weapon did you even make, Mischief & gang?

Aside from Mischief on staff, nobody has committed to one yet except for me (I'm likely going horn), but I'm 2-3 runs off the million mark. The other two who are there are holding off until we can test to see if the Prime changes anything in the run.

I'm confident that there are other groups that will get there soon, so the wait shouldn't be too long before we get info on more weapon skills.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2023-06-06 12:11:06  
I think the best we can hope for is that the Stage 3/4 weapons are still moderately useful on their own. 1mil muffins still sucks *** but it is reasonable for most statics that go regularly.

If the total cost for Primes is 10mil, then 10% of the labor getting you a decent weapon might still be worth it for some weapons.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-06 12:12:35  
Carbuncle.Slib said: »
Afaik Mischief's group basically does cycle of 2 runs
1. All bosses beside MB + roaming NMs
2. MB+6 bosses

avg per run is ~65k
Assuming once per day + Ruspix. There is maybe around 189 runs left this year, assuming they wont miss a single day. That's 12.285M Gali. They would need to increase Galli per run to like 70k or start going every 20h instead of every 24h to make it this year if last stage is 10M.

What is the routing that allows for this? While we have accomplished the all boss run once, it was without roaming NMs and seems hard to press for.

Maybe we are routing wrong? We do C > G > B > A (proc B & A at same time) > F > E > D/H

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57284/may-2023-version-update-part-2/13#3665791

This is our run strategy at the moment that works. We are trying to do 8/8 + mega boss all in one now... best run just shy 3-4 minutes.

We farm the mid bosses in the basement in the 8/8 run which allows us to do A > B > C > G > MB > E > F without needing the seal, since we got it the run before.

Credit to Nuance as he's been really good at strategizing all of this and trimming so much time as we go.

This is similar to our route, but we do C > B > A > MB > E > F > G on Aminon nights.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-06 12:30:02  
Hopes remaining:

- The behavioural change mentioned in the patch notes makes bosses drop a lot more gali when wielding a stage 3 prime weapon.

- Stage 5 only requires items, similar to relics only requiring currency up to the stage of the weapon that allows the ws to be used outside the associated zone.

Hopes crushed:

[This list has been truncated]
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-06-06 12:37:10  
Additional Stage 5 Requirement:

Farm x10 of an item exclusively from Ixion chest…
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-06-06 14:14:30  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Foxfire said: »
What weapon did you even make, Mischief & gang?

Aside from Mischief on staff, nobody has committed to one yet except for me (I'm likely going horn), but I'm 2-3 runs off the million mark. The other two who are there are holding off until we can test to see if the Prime changes anything in the run.

I'm confident that there are other groups that will get there soon, so the wait shouldn't be too long before we get info on more weapon skills.
Yeah, I understand. I'm not even near the mark but I think even at the 1m galli mark I'd probably hold off for the time being without any info on last stage. Psyches alone means we're not seeing any new info for a while anyway.

Keep us posted on if advancing a stage changes anything, that's really the only other motivator for this I think.
[+]
By macsdf1 2023-06-06 14:57:26  
Ragnarok.Vargasfinio said: »

Well, as a primarily solo player who gets 6k ~ 9k per run depending on how lucky I get with NM placements...I guess its time to spend my built up gallimaufry on +2/+3 armor for my other jobs and abandon this Prime nonsense. Godhands forever, I guess.

Everyone talks about how the process works for high-end groups but for solo this is untenable. Stage 3 is just about doable given enough time but I already really sick of spending 50 minutes running through Sortie every day.

time for you to form up a group with friends then.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-06-06 17:17:07  
Didn't they estimate a year for solo players or am I misremembering the quote. That seems like a reach and a half
By SimonSes 2023-06-06 17:34:06  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Didn't they estimate a year for solo players or am I misremembering the quote. That seems like a reach and a half

6-9k isn't a limit for solo player tho. Pretty sure you can at least beat A/E and all roaming floor NMs. with another 1k+ in some random chests and some trash, you should be able to get around 18k.
At 18k it would still be two years if total is 13.5M though
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-06-06 17:52:11  
The only way these galli requirements aren't untenable for a solo player (or even most people in groups) is if they have a method to greatly increase galli rewards. Perhaps something like an exp ring, Moogle Amplifier, regular 3x galli campaigns...

Or, have additional galli come from another source. Are they gonna release a separate Valhalla battle event? Maybe something like that could come with a substantial galli reward.

Otherwise, sad to say this is just too much grind to even bother with for most players.

At 18k it would still be two years if total is 13.5M though

About 2 years @18k/run IF you went every single day. Also ~750 hours of actually doing Sortie.

No. Thanks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-06 17:56:43  
Meeble said: »

Unfortunately, testing shows that the answers to these questions are "no" and "no".
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-06 17:57:40  
There's nothing stopping them though. There is no kill this hard thing, obtain that super rare drop, or do this obscure group event.

It's just farm trash for a long *** time. How long is irrelevant. They ain't adding a damn thing else (possibly ever). So this is it, do it, or do nothing.

Crafting shields are(were) completely *** ridiculous too. Still did it. Still will do it.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-06-06 18:08:07  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
https://dengekionline.com/articles/179097/

This is Google translate. Manque's post translating this interview did say "Can finish prime weapon solo at your own pace. “Fast people” could probably finish within this year. However final stage will be quite difficult.". Interpret it how you will.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17