Leaderboard - Collects & groups battle data
First Page 2
 Valefor.Keylesta
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Keyser
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-08-17 14:16:11  
Presenting: Leaderboard
Tracks battle information and groups it together in different "boards".

Download from Github repo

↑ The on-screen display showing the High WS Board. Your character is highlighted in green, your Rival is highlighted in red.

↑ Party chat callout for the High WS.

↑ The Cure Board being printed to party chat.

↑ A Rival Skillchain notification.

Features
  • 4 different tracking modes:
    ○ Silent: Tracks in the background, no party chat call outs. Default.
    ○ Lite: Limited party chat call outs.
    ○ Party: Full party chat call outs. Great for linkshell events.
    ○ Mog Kart: Inspired by Mario Kart, this mode includes "items" that players (trusts too!) can receive and use to affect other players points.

• Tracks 11 different boards.

• On-Screen Display for tracking boards in realtime.

• Rival system - Set another player as your Rival and get notifications when either of you beat the others scores (visible only to you).

• Optout list. Characters on this list will not be tracked and all current data for them will be deleted.

• Chat Buffer system. Holds new outgoing messages in a buffer table before sending out to chat to prevent errors with multiple chat messages at the same time.

• Party commands. Party members can use party chat and/or tells to issue certain commands while in Party or Lite Modes.
    ○ Flood delay per player so that individuals can't spam commands and lock others out.

• Automatic data recovery. If you crash or disconnect, all scores are saved and it picks back up right where it left off.

• Tracks every players scores individually, allowing any player in the group to get a report with only their own scores for each board.

• Tracks the number of "9's" a player has hit.

• Duplicate scores are ordered by who hit the number first.

• All major settings can be changed via commands in-game, no need to modify the settings file (although you still can of course).

Currently Tracked Boards
  • c/cure - Running total of cures.

• d/death - Running total of deaths.

• hs/highscore - Highest individual WS damage.

• k/kill - Running total of kills.

• ls/lowscore - Lowest individual WS damage.

• m/murder - Running total of murders.

• mb/magicburst - Highest individual MB damage.

• n/nuke - Running total of nukes.

• sc/skillchain - Highest individual SC damage.

• w/whiffs - Running total of whiffs.

More details are in the github.

I've been developing this on and off for a number of months, and I think it's in a good place to release it here now.
It was initially inspired by the Dramagen addon, and intended to compliment the Scoreboard addon. Our linkshell uses Party Mode for an extra layer of fun during Dynamis runs, we have a great time competing for boards. The standout favorites seem to be the Low WS board and the Murder board. We use Lite Mode for seg runs, to compete without too much party spam. We run it in Silent Mode during Sortie and call out and reset the Magic Burst board after each boss (we use a nuking setup).
I am pretty green and self-taught with Lua, but recently decided to learn Javascript and React to become a frontend developer so have been converting some of the things I learn there into some Windower addons. Please leave any comments or feedback for ways to improve, whether its the addon itself, or coding practices.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-17 14:29:47  
This is gonna be great :D
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-17 14:36:05  
Funny that just today i extracted my logs from game, and was manually collecting info by many text manipulation
[+]
By Keyser 2023-08-19 23:17:47  
Updated to version 3.4

• Added the ability to change the taunt commands text via addon command.

• Added the Reminder command back in. The new behavior will only remind you that Leaderboard is running when in Party or Lite mode.

• Adjusted the Report command to show 'none' when no data for select boards.

• Adjusted the Report command to group the highest/lowest individual scores and running total scores together.

• Adjusted the Mode command to no longer require `mode`. You can can now simply use `party`, `lite` or `silent` on their own. (ex. `//lb party` now does the same thing as `//lb mode party`)

• Fixed the Report command issue where Low WS was not showing up correctly when one player had not used a weaponskill yet.

• Removed the Charm callout. This has been moved to the Callouts addon where it makes more sense.

[+]
By Dubaiii 2023-08-20 13:27:12  
Amazing work, I will definatly try it out.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-09-24 19:03:14  
Updated to version 3.5

• Added Point Board. Points are accrued continually over time. The rate that points are accrued changes based on which boards and in which place a player is in at each interval. The interval is dependant on party/alliance actions, no points are gained while nothing is happening. The more boards a player is on, and the higher place they are in, the faster their points will accrue. Death and Whiff Boards do not accrue points. Instead, a percentage of your current point total is lost each time. When a murder happens, the murderer loses a percentage of their current point total, and the victim is awarded that number of points. Point weights per board and per place, as well as percentages lost, are adjustable in the settings file.

• Added Victim Board. A Murder (player killing another player) now produces both a Murder Board and a Victim Board. Callout settings for the Victim Board are linked to the Murder Board (since they are called out in the same line).

• Added Bold command to adjust the bold setting of the on-screen display.

• Added Size command to adjust the font size of the on-screen display.

• Added Alpha command to adjust the bg alpha setting of the on-screen display.

• Added the ability to print the boards to linkshell/linkshell2 (ie `//lb c l2` will print the Cure Board to linkshell2).

• Adjusted on-screen display to show which mode Leaderboard is currently running in.

• Adjusted Mode (Silent, Lite, or Party) to save to the settings file. This will now persist the mode through a crash/disconnect.

• Adjusted Cure and Nuke callout intervals for Party Mode. Cures are now called out every 25k up to 100k, then every 50k thereafter. Nukes are called out every 250k up to 1m, then every 500k thereafter. Lite Mode will still call out every 50k/500k.

• Adjusted the help text.

• Adjusted Rival command text to include how to remove the currently set rival.

• Adjusted callouts for High WS, Skillchain, and Magic Burst. For each 9's in these boards, Party Mode callouts will now be each up to 10, then every 5 thereafter. Lite Mode callouts will be the first 9's hit then every 5th.

• Fixed an issue with Pause not working correctly for some boards.

• Fixed an issue with a Rival notification triggering when you hit 9's on HS, SC, or MB but your rival has not performed these yet (score of 0).

[+]
 Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-10-10 00:35:52  
Updated to version 3.6

• Added a new Chat Buffer system that prevents when multiple things try to trigger chat at the same time, causing one of them to receive an error and not actually display in chat. In short, any chat messages are temporarily held in a table, then every 2 seconds the table is checked and the message at the top of the list is put to chat and removed from the table.

• Adjusted the default % loss of points for a death (or transfer of said points in the case of a murder) from 5 to 10, and for whiffs from 1 to 5.

• Adjusted unknown spells/abilities/etc to be named `[REDACTED]` instead of simply `unknown`. This mostly only happens on SMN Blood Pacts for [REDACTED] reasons.

[+]
 Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-10-12 15:14:36  
Updated to version 3.6.1

• Adjusted Chat Buffer system. New messages will go straight to chat if no other message had immediately preceded it, otherwise they will get added into the buffer table to wait their turn to be sent to chat. Delay between multiple chat messages sent to chat reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5.

[+]
 Asura.Helmaru
サーバ: Asura
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2023-10-13 06:19:43  
Have been trying it out in the last couple sortie runs with our static.
Makes repetative content less boring, super fun, loving it.
[+]
 Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-10-14 14:58:32  
Asura.Helmaru said: »
Have been trying it out in the last couple sortie runs with our static.
Makes repetative content less boring, super fun, loving it.
That's great to hear! Thanks for the comment :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-10-15 21:02:19  
This is absolute GOLD!

thank you!
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-10-16 18:27:41  
Valefor.Keylesta said: »
Updated to version 3.5

Would it be possible to look into a status removal counter
How many status removed and how many spellcast cast to remove them
one spell renmoving form multiple character should count for how many it removed from
[+]
 Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-10-17 11:42:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
This is absolute GOLD!

thank you!

Thanks for the comment! ^^

DaneBlood said: »
Would it be possible to look into a status removal counter
How many status removed and how many spellcast cast to remove them
one spell renmoving form multiple character should count for how many it removed from

I've actually got "Debuff Board" in my notes of things to look into. I like that idea though, perhaps instead call it a Status Board and lump into it things like players removing debuff effects on other players as well as landing debuffs on mobs and dispelling buffs from mobs. I will look more into this once I finish this next update. Thanks for the idea!
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-10-17 14:06:47  
just a follow up. somthing along this is what i have missed for long (plus the cure board) for whm
Code
Name	Ailmnts	Casts
WHM1    20       4
WHM2    17      17
RDM      2      16
SCH     12      12

first column is the character name
next column is the amount of ailments removed
third Columns is the amount of -na erase etc spells that was cast.

in this example its clear whm1 is having yagrush since they removed 5 times as many ailments as spells they cast making them highly time efficient

WHM2 does not they only get of one ailments per cast

RDM seem to have tried hard to get of doom with cursna but just couldn't get it done fast
or maybe they just didnt get ther -na spell of fast enough and the debuff was already removed by another playing so the did a spellcast but no ailments removal
[+]
 Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-10-18 12:24:20  
just a follow up. somthing along this is what i have missed for long (plus the cure board) for whm
Code
Name	Ailmnts	Casts
WHM1    20       4
WHM2    17      17
RDM      2      16
SCH     12      12

in this example its clear whm1 is having yagrush since they removed 5 times as many ailments as spells they cast making them highly time efficient

RDM seem to have tried hard to get of doom with cursna but just couldn't get it done fast
or maybe they just didnt get ther -na spell of fast enough and the debuff was already removed by another playing so the did a spellcast but no ailments removal
Hmmm I dig it. I might condense that to a success percentage (WHM1 would be 500% for example) so it can be put into an order on a board, or maybe list it as a ratio (WHM1 20:4) with the success percentage used behind the scenes to order the board. I'll have to play with that. Thanks ^^

I'm hoping to have the next update done in the next week or two before I get to that. I don't want to say too much on the next update, since I'm still making sure I can get everything to work as intended, but a little hint: A [hopefully] fun new mode that uses the points. I've got most of the simpler "groundwork" systems working properly so far, working now on some of the tougher ones to implement.
 Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-11-05 12:39:59  
Small update on the update, I have 99% of everything working properly. I have one last thing to test (again) at tonights Dyna run, then if all works well with it I should be good to release it.
I've toyed with the idea of spinning it out into its own separate addon, that would provide some extra benefits, but for the time being I'll be keeping it within Leaderboard.
Here's another fun hint: Blue Shell
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2023-11-05 16:01:25  
I just discovered this today and used it on a Sortie run, so fun! Can't wait to try it on a Dynamis run, ty! :)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-06 07:00:37  
Good lord, we already have issues with parse whoring and overkilling...
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-11-06 08:14:46  
Code
Name	Ailmnts	Casts
WHM1    20       4
WHM2    17      17
RDM      2      16
SCH     12      12

Poor WHM2... so poor can't even use Ebers Cap for 20% chance to Yagrush... :D
[+]
By gavroches 2023-11-06 08:15:33  
Is there a mode where it track the cure/status ailment a player received?

Ex: playerD received 740.000 cure and 171 erase
PlayerE received 175.000 cure and 17 erase

It will help a lot into pointing to people their lack of DT/MEVA. As a WHM, I run constantly into this issue where 1 person has a serious lack of DT/MEVA, and that would help explaining the point.

Great job trying to make stuff like that, really appreciate and what you doing is way above my pay grade ?
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-06 11:39:27  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Issues? It's one of the last reasons I still play this game lol.

Building remas and being a shitter parse lord are 2 out of the 3 things left I enjoy in this game.

The third is the friends we made along the way <3
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-06 15:17:15  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

Building remas and being a shitter parse lord are 2 out of the 3 things left I enjoy in this game.

Cause the only event people parse on is seg farm where people try to do 70K to a monster with 5K HP remaining. Inevitably everyone piles onto the same mobs since they don't want to risk "losing" the parse and manually targeting away.

In FFXI parsing is a great way to figure out monster mechanics and optimize your own performance, it's absolutely terrible as a competitive event due to how autotarget works.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-06 15:45:20  

Cause the only event people parse on is seg farm where people try to do 70K to a monster with 5K HP remaining. Inevitably everyone piles onto the same mobs since they don't want to risk "losing" the parse and manually targeting away.

In FFXI parsing is a great way to figure out monster mechanics and optimize your own performance, it's absolutely terrible as a competitive event due to how autotarget works.

We use it in dyna too, and it's really less about parsing against someone else (jobs, hybrids, mob targeting, etc., being too big of factors to really compare against others) and beating your own high score. I know generally what my DD jobs should do in each zone, so it's fun to see if you can beat your previous HS.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-06 16:02:40  

We use it in dyna too, and it's really less about parsing against someone else (jobs, hybrids, mob targeting, etc., being too big of factors to really compare against others) and beating your own high score. I know generally what my DD jobs should do in each zone, so it's fun to see if you can beat your previous HS.

Using it to compare your own performance is fine, inevitably people start bragging and judging and it turns into a *** measuring contest. It's why I prefer kparse though nobody maintained it. Would do great damage graphs and let you see DPS increase / decrease in relation to specific times or which buffs were up / down and such.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-06 16:08:40  

Using it to compare your own performance is fine, inevitably people start bragging and judging and it turns into a *** measuring contest. It's why I prefer kparse though nobody maintained it. Would do great damage graphs and let you see DPS increase / decrease in relation to specific times or which buffs were up / down and such.

I've heard about kparse but I've never used it. What I'd really care about more is if there was a training dummy I could test sets on. Thankfully we've got the python tool which is probably the best we'll get (thanks Kastra)
[+]
By Keyser 2023-11-06 17:11:36  
Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said: »
I just discovered this today and used it on a Sortie run, so fun! Can't wait to try it on a Dynamis run, ty! :)
Glad to hear you're enjoying it ^^

gavroches said: »
Is there a mode where it track the cure/status ailment a player received?

Ex: playerD received 740.000 cure and 171 erase
PlayerE received 175.000 cure and 17 erase

It will help a lot into pointing to people their lack of DT/MEVA. As a WHM, I run constantly into this issue where 1 person has a serious lack of DT/MEVA, and that would help explaining the point.

Great job trying to make stuff like that, really appreciate and what you doing is way above my pay grade ?
Nothing like that currently. While that data would certainly be useful, I feel it falls a little outside the scope/spirit of the addon, it's more for fun than pointing out strengths/weaknesses (although that is certainly possible with how it functions anyhow). It's not intended to be a full on parser.

I know exactly what you mean lol, but I'm hoping this addon is used just for the fun of it. For example, we get excited when another member is building a new DD job and hits a new personal high score for themselves, or if our crazy SAMs hit some new ridiculous number of nines on a W3 Dyna boss, or competing for the Low WS Score lol (our all time record is 2 damage!). Our favorite definitely is the Murder Board though.

As for the next update, that last 1% did not work as intended at our Dyna yesterday, but I was able to work it out afterwards. I want to get 1 smooth run in first, our next Dyna is Wed night.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-06 17:32:32  

KParse is the parser written by Kinematics (Motenten), yeah that guy. It's scans incoming network packets, parses them then stores them in an external database. Afterwards you can analyze the fight(s) data over time and see what is going on. You can see which person did which ability at various times along with what the monster is doing. Get offense, defense, magic, healing statistics, just really useful information for planning strategies and figuring out mechanics. It's basically the exact opposite of scoreboard, getting realy useful data instead of "OMG look at how awesome I must be!".
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-11-06 17:43:03  
instead of "OMG look at how awesome I must be!".

Valefor.Keylesta
By Valefor.Keylesta 2023-11-15 16:23:21  
Updated to version 4.0

• Added Mog Kart Mode. Inspired by Mario Kart, this mode includes "items" that players can receive and use to affect other players points. Chat callouts are limited to item usage and point movement (deaths, whiffs, and murders are called out and now include points lost/transferred while in Mog Kart Mode) and a timed Point Board chat callout (up to 18 places while in Mog Kart Mode). Settings able to be modified include: item names, accuracy, point modifiers, availability, and place range able to receive them, as well as the interval frequency that items are given out and the frequency of calling the Point Board to chat.

• Added settings to turn gaining points for each individual board on or off.

• Added setting to specify the maximum number of places displayed in the on-screen display.

• Adjusted boards to now fully track up to 18 places.

• Adjusted the Report command to show which place the player is in for each board.

• Adjusted the Optout command text to include how to add/remove a player from the list.

• Adjusted the Flood Delay to now track individual players instead of a global delay.

• Adjusted the message sent to players, shortened [Leaderboard] to [LB].

• Adjusted Party Commands. Removed the `!lb` required in front of `report` and `optout`. Removed the `!` previously required in front of the commands (ie just `lb c` now).

• Fixed an issue when adding a player to the Optout list where they would still accrue points for a few moments until the boards updated and removed their name, leaving them a small amount of points data afterwards. Boards now get updated at the same time as their individual data being deleted.

• Fixed an issue when adding a player to the Optout list via a tell command from a player where it would not save the name in the correct format, preventing it from working as intended.

• Fixed an issue with the Reminder not displaying correctly while paused.

• Fixed an issue when loading the addon while not logged in (autoloading via init) that would produce an error and not keep track of your own characters name correctly.

Little later on the update than I intended, I ended up getting sick last week.

The major addition to this update is the new Mog Kart mode, it is quite different than the previous basic modes available. This took a lot of testing and fixing and retesting and refixing, not to mention some balance tweaks on the different items available (but you can tweak stuff yourself too if you care to). Sometimes I find myself just watching the Trusts play with each other lol (Koru is a cheater).

I hope people enjoy this!

P.S. If playing in Mog Kart mode and you have multiple alts, you can add them to the optout list if you don't care to have them playing as well.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-16 07:22:35  
KParse is the parser written by Kinematics (Motenten), yeah that guy. It's scans incoming network packets, parses them then stores them in an external database. Afterwards you can analyze the fight(s) data over time and see what is going on. You can see which person did which ability at various times along with what the monster is doing. Get offense, defense, magic, healing statistics, just really useful information for planning strategies and figuring out mechanics. It's basically the exact opposite of scoreboard, getting realy useful data instead of "OMG look at how awesome I must be!".

I haven't been able to get kparser to work since 2012.

It doesn't seem to see FFXI at all. I wonder if I really need the older updates for the windows components cuz those don't seem to exist anymore.
I definitely like it better than any other parser from when I used it... It's just so useful.

Leaderboard is just wonderful fun. Livens up the repetitive group content.
[+]
First Page 2