CoP Ring.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » CoP ring.
CoP ring.
First Page 2
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-08 22:07:58  
Alright, New job topic to make...

So, I beat CoP last night, going around and doing the final CS's now, But I'm in a crunch:

Rajas or Sattva?

I'm looking at it this way. I'm doing everything and anything for pld, Ex working on burt and aegis? Yeah, I'm crazy about pld. I'm trying to gear it to the best I can, So the question comes to be, Which rings are best for this? Sattva seems to be good, 4 rings in one or so. (Vit, agi, minor hp, and enm) I know BQR, BBR, and DR are awsome, and they're a work in progress. Right now I have Jelly ring, An auguemented ring(Mythril ring, +4hp -4mp +13hp +4att +1 subtle blow, go me? x.x), Herc band, and patronus ring.

I'm not sure what to pick. Please don't reply with just "Rajas or gtfo" I want some feedback for once -.- Thanks
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 22:13:12  
Rajas or gtfo!

It depends entirely on what jobs you plan on levelling in the near future. Statistically, with all other available equipment considered for all jobs, Rajas is the most beneficial ring; it provides the most unique buffs on a ring that no others do. However, looking at your jobs, I don't see Rajas being much benefit to you. You could always change in the future if you level a melee job, though. I've gone from Tamas > Rajas > Tamas > Rajas until I was finally happy with my choice.

Looking at your jobs, I think the question that will help the most is; What do you enjoy the most? Presumeably your most enjoyable job should decide this choice for you. If you enjoy SMN or WHM the most, go for Tamas. However, if you enjoy PLD more, go for Sattva. If you 'regret' your decision (although each of these rings are nice in their own way, so you wouldn't 'regret' it, per se), you can simply change in the future. As you just completed CoP, it will be instant the first time, then a wait of 28 days afterwards.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-08 22:17:09  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Rajas or gtfo!

It depends entirely on what jobs you plan on levelling in the near future. Statistically, with all other available equipment considered for all jobs, Rajas is the most beneficial ring; it provides the most unique buffs on a ring that no others do. However, looking at your jobs, I don't see Rajas being much benefit to you. You could always change in the future if you level a melee job, though. I've gone from Tamas > Rajas > Tamas > Rajas until I was finally happy with my choice.

Looking at your jobs, I think the question that will help the most is; What do you enjoy the most? Presumeably your most enjoyable job should decide this choice for you. If you enjoy SMN or WHM the most, go for Tamas. However, if you enjoy PLD more, go for Sattva. If you 'regret' your decision (although each of these rings are nice in their own way, so you wouldn't 'regret' it, per se), you can simply change in the future. As you just completed CoP, it will be instant the first time, then a wait of 28 days afterwards.

This is where I come into conflict. I plan to level mostly ever melee to 60-75, But I adore pld more then anything in the world.
 Kujata.Nanyo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-11-08 22:26:25  
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
This is where I come into conflict. I plan to level mostly ever melee to 60-75, But I adore pld more then anything in the world.

If you play PLD as a DD then a Rajas will best effect how you DD on PLD. If your stance is to Emnity out and Voke keep up hate by maxxing out emnity + I would go with Sattva.

Personaly, not a PLD(a NIN) but I use Sattva because I find it helps me a bit with my tanking (and I only get 1 emnity ring other then that) and I'm perfectly happy with how it works.

I would go with what you think works best with your playstyle. and If PLDs your Baby then the other jobs can get another ring that isn't as good, modivating whoever you play with the have you come PLD moar! :D
 Leviathan.Marzanna
サーバ: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-08 22:29:41  
Get Sattva, they're all great rings in their own right. I originally had Raja's for my NIN as i figured i could technically buy INT+MND rings for my mages, but in the end I decided to use the one that benefited the job I love most. If you level melee and decide you want to swap it, its no big deal. No repeating of missions etc, just limited to once a month.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-08 22:30:41  
I looked onto the item sets list after searching 'Atonement'.

Many people have Rajas, none had Sattva from what I glanced at. I hear Atonement is a really, really useful PLD tool for hate and DD.

Just throwing that out there, I'm not a PLD. Just hear a lot about it :X
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-08 22:32:31  
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
I looked onto the item sets list after searching 'Atonement'.

Many people have Rajas, none had Sattva from what I glanced at. I hear Atonement is a really, really useful PLD tool for hate and DD.

Just throwing that out there, I'm not a PLD. Just hear a lot about it :X

Atonment is based off build up enmity, so more hate means more damage. 0-750, or more on certain mob classes. But yeah, Thats another thing that has me torn, Would the +5 store tp be worth it with joytoy and haste set for atonment spam?
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-08 22:35:03  
Kujata.Nanyo said:

If you play PLD as a DD then a Rajas will best effect how you DD on PLD. If your stance is to Emnity out and Voke keep up hate by maxxing out emnity I would go with Sattva.

Personaly, not a PLD(a NIN) but I use Sattva because I find it helps me a bit with my tanking (and I only get 1 emnity ring other then that) and I'm perfectly happy with how it works.

I would go with what you think works best with your playstyle. and If PLDs your Baby then the other jobs can get another ring that isn't as good, modivating whoever you play with the have you come PLD moar! :D

Yeah, I need more people to want me on pld. I'm sick of having to go whm to ever freaking endgame event ._.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-08 22:40:18  
Most EG Paladins use enmity rings only in macros. You could always opt for Mermaid as your other enmity ring, and there are rings with higher HP than Sattva.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-08 22:42:02  
Rajas unless you plan to quit your DD jobs.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 22:44:48  
Fairy.Vegetto said:

She doesn't have any. PLD WHM SMN.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-08 22:48:22  
Rajas for attonement build? I'm no pld but I was reading on BG that the stp reducing xhit and the extra attonements over time would grant more enmity than the uses of sattva.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-08 22:56:59  
Fairy.Vegetto said:

As Wooooodum said. I don't have any melee's aside war, nin and dnc that can use it.

But as I said in my first post, I don't want a "Rajas or gtfo" kind of responce. Give me REASONS or thoughts, or hell, Even data about one ring verse the other.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-08 22:59:39  
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Most EG Paladins use enmity rings only in macros. You could always opt for Mermaid as your other enmity ring, and there are rings with higher HP than Sattva.

Yeah, thats what my Herc band is used for :x
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-08 23:10:10  
I think Rajas has more use for pld than Sattva. Sattva is a really nice all round ring for pld, which is what makes it kinda meh. The only thing it really offers over anything else is +3 enmity, which you can get +2 from merman's, and so much more in other slots anyway. So basically, Sattva is easily replaceable, -1 enmity, whereas Rajas is not.
 Cerberus.Arcalimo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Arcalimo 2009-11-08 23:10:49  
Well, since atm you only have whm, smn and pld, and either whm or smn wont take too many advantajes from rajas, you can get satva and enjoy it in your pld and if on the future you level another job you can just change he ring, the first time you can change it in the same day that you toss it by just clicking on the marble bridge door
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-08 23:24:07  
Get for what you love to do.

I got a Rajas, even though I'm 75% of the time on a mage job, and only have "two" melee jobs.
 Cerberus.Arcalimo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Arcalimo 2009-11-08 23:28:42  
yea, i got rajas too, even being 90% on mage, but as Blazza said, the other 2 are more easily replaceable but rajas not.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-09 00:27:33  
I plan to level mostly ever melee to 60-75, But I adore pld more then anything in the world.

OMG. ME TOO. <3333333333333

Being a PLD4EVARRR-type person m'self, I usually opt for the tank-geared sorts of equipment when it comes to mission items (i.e., I chose Knight's Earring over Suppanomimi from Divine Might). So, I would probably go for the Sattva Ring, simply because it has very nice stats geared towards enmity (Enmity+ for enmity actions, and HP+ for enmity decay), and there aren't many other Enmity items for the ring slots--only Mermaid's Ring and Hercules' Ring.

There are many PLDs who are geared towards DD (choosing Suppanomimi over Knight's Earring for the Sword Skill and the Dual Wield, using my previous example) and would choose Raja's over Sattva's. So, it really is up to how you want to play your job. :)
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-09 00:39:59  
Personally I feel that Rajas is more than twice as good as the other two combined.

No matter what you're doing on a mage job, you'll never need both INT and MND. Basically it's just a Snow and Aqua ring combined. The MP and enmity- are a bonus of course, but don't make or break the job.

Sattva is of course the best enmity ring, but VIT gets worthless later on and AGI gives a tiny Shield boost, but ultimately unnoticeable. Again, HP is a bonus, but not essential. Hercules Ring and Bomb Queen Ring basically do the same thing, to an extent.

In remarkable contrast to the first two, EVERYTHING you do on ANY DD job (And by extension, any meleeing RDMs, or mages in general, and even PLD, to an extent) is improved by both STR and DEX. This will, of course, increase your per-hit damage and accuracy, critical hit rate, and of course, WS mods. If you left it at that, it would still be preferable to the other two, in my opinion.

The thing that truly makes Rajas shine is the sTP+5, which is effectively 5% faster TP gain (Give or take). On almost any two-handed-weapon job, you will be /SAM. And in nearly every situation, /SAM leaves you at ~5-10 sTP to bump up your 7-hit build to a 6-hit build. At which point, it's not a 5% increase to TPing speed, it's a 17% increase, as removing one hit drops anywhere from 400 to 500 delay.

Any SAM will tell you what a nightmare it is to not have Rajas, as you'll be forced to drop Haste gear in order to get the necessary 6-hit (Or in Polearm/Pachipachio's case, 5hit) build. At this point, Rajas improves your TPing speed at 20% and 25% respectively.

I know it's an extreme and that only really goes for one, maybe two or three depending on the weapon, but that makes Rajas essentially a 25% boost to your damage. This, unlike Tamas or Sattva, WILL make or break your performance.

Ultimately it's your choice, but I can't ever recommend anything but Rajas to anyone, even if they have no DD jobs past 37.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-09 00:47:26  
Whoa. :O +1 there. XD That was a very educational read.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-09 00:51:58  
Yeah, in another thread, OP was being mean to me because I said no SCH should ever sub WHM at 75.

Figured I'd give some real insight.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-09 00:57:13  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
I plan to level mostly ever melee to 60-75, But I adore pld more then anything in the world.

OMG. ME TOO. <3333333333333

Being a PLD4EVARRR-type person m'self, I usually opt for the tank-geared sorts of equipment when it comes to mission items (i.e., I chose Knight's Earring over Suppanomimi from Divine Might). So, I would probably go for the Sattva Ring, simply because it has very nice stats geared towards enmity (Enmity for enmity actions, and HP for enmity decay), and there aren't many other Enmity items for the ring slots--only Mermaid's Ring and Hercules' Ring.

There are many PLDs who are geared towards DD (choosing Suppanomimi over Knight's Earring for the Sword Skill and the Dual Wield, using my previous example) and would choose Raja's over Sattva's. So, it really is up to how you want to play your job. :)

Thank you for supporting me~ <3

Siren.Enternius said:
Personally I feel that Rajas is more than twice as good as the other two combined.

No matter what you're doing on a mage job, you'll never need both INT and MND. Basically it's just a Snow and Aqua ring combined. The MP and enmity- are a bonus of course, but don't make or break the job.

Sattva is of course the best enmity ring, but VIT gets worthless later on and AGI gives a tiny Shield boost, but ultimately unnoticeable. Again, HP is a bonus, but not essential. Hercules Ring and Bomb Queen Ring basically do the same thing, to an extent.

In remarkable contrast to the first two, EVERYTHING you do on ANY DD job (And by extension, any meleeing RDMs, or mages in general, and even PLD, to an extent) is improved by both STR and DEX. This will, of course, increase your per-hit damage and accuracy, critical hit rate, and of course, WS mods. If you left it at that, it would still be preferable to the other two, in my opinion.

The thing that truly makes Rajas shine is the sTP+5, which is effectively 5% faster TP gain (Give or take). On almost any two-handed-weapon job, you will be /SAM. And in nearly every situation, /SAM leaves you at ~5-10 sTP to bump up your 7-hit build to a 6-hit build. At which point, it's not a 5% increase to TPing speed, it's a 17% increase, as removing one hit drops anywhere from 400 to 500 delay.

Any SAM will tell you what a nightmare it is to not have Rajas, as you'll be forced to drop Haste gear in order to get the necessary 6-hit (Or in Polearm/Pachipachio's case, 5hit) build. At this point, Rajas improves your TPing speed at 20% and 25% respectively.

I know it's an extreme and that only really goes for one, maybe two or three depending on the weapon, but that makes Rajas essentially a 25% boost to your damage. This, unlike Tamas or Sattva, WILL make or break your performance.

Ultimately it's your choice, but I can't ever recommend anything but Rajas to anyone, even if they have no DD jobs past 37.

And thank you for giving me solid info about rajas.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-09 08:32:30  
I'd go Sattva > Rajas for Pld tbh. Sure, Rajas will help you do a small amount of damage on Paladin to get a little more hate... But, Sattva does it better imo.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-09 08:46:01  
Fairy.Tbest said:
I'd go Sattva > Rajas for Pld tbh. Sure, Rajas will help you do a small amount of damage on Paladin to get a little more hate... But, Sattva does it better imo.

Thats what I've been thinking, but like, My gut says "What about other jobs?" when I think of taking sattva.

Sattva is decent for pld, But rajas helps 10+ jobs. One job vs 10+ jobs.. Its hard for me to choose.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-09 08:47:22  
Just to play Devil's Advocate here, all Sattva really gives is +1 Enmity over the other choices. You wouldn't be using it for anything except macros, with rings like BQR, Bloodbead, and stuff.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-09 08:52:07  
Fairy.Tbest said:

Thats what I've been thinking, but like, My gut says "What about other jobs?" when I think of taking sattva.

Sattva is decent for pld, But rajas helps 10 jobs. One job vs 10 jobs.. Its hard for me to choose.
Yeah, Rajas is the best of the three overall imo. I was simply stating that Sattva is the best choice for Pld. I got a Rajas for my Mnk over the Tamas for my Smn and Whm. And then leveled Sam as well which I love having my Rajas for.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-09 08:53:35  
Siren.Enternius said:
Just to play Devil's Advocate here, all Sattva really gives is 1 Enmity over the other choices. You wouldn't be using it for anything except macros, with rings like BQR, Bloodbead, and stuff.

Problem is, No one is willing to help get those rings, And my rings right now blow.

I carry 4 rings:
Herc band
Patriots band(The campaign battle one)
Jelly ring
Mythril ring (Base +4hp -4mp, auguement +13hp, +5att, +1 subtle blow)

I've had a Bomb Queen pop set for 2 months, Yet I can't get anyone to freaking help go kill her. Going to try and get a blood bead todat after the update, But I don't think I can solo it. Not sure >.o

Ahem. But yeah, I'm starting to lean to Rajas, Not sure if I can convince mysel to waste the ring for one job. Yes, I said waste it, even if it'd benefit to a pure +enm set
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-09 08:53:38  
Although I don't have PLD leveled I do have multiple mage jobs leveled and only one melee (samurai), and I did not hesitate to pick Rajas Ring as I also believe the benefits of this ring surpass the others.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-11-09 08:59:41  
Siren.Enternius said:
Just to play Devil's Advocate here, all Sattva really gives is 1 Enmity over the other choices. You wouldn't be using it for anything except macros, with rings like BQR, Bloodbead, and stuff.

Problem is, No one is willing to help get those rings, And my rings right now blow.

I carry 4 rings:
Herc band
Patriots band(The campaign battle one)
Jelly ring
Mythril ring (Base 4hp -4mp, auguement 13hp, 5att, 1 subtle blow)

I've had a Bomb Queen pop set for 2 months, Yet I can't get anyone to freaking help go kill her. Going to try and get a blood bead todat after the update, But I don't think I can solo it. Not sure >.o

Ahem. But yeah, I'm starting to lean to Rajas, Not sure if I can convince mysel to waste the ring for one job. Yes, I said waste it, even if it'd benefit to a pure enm set

I say get it for the job you play the most and enjoy the most. I Got the Sattva because no matter what job I level I will always play paladin about 75% of the time. Alot of that time i spend /war for events like Dynamis in which Attonement spam isn't event an option. I enjoy having The 30 mp at all times to increase my base Idle HP and the VIT/AGI for decreased crits taken and increased block rate. As for /nin it still serves a purpose just not nearly as much of one. In the end you really have to ask what do I play the most to get the most overall use out of.
First Page 2