フォーラム » FFXI » Valefor » In the Name of Science
In the Name of Science
First Page 2 3
 Valefor.Ellise
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-12 22:17:50  
Hello everyone,

I would like to invite players who are interested in the quest titled 'In the Name of Science' to send me a tell or message here on FFXIAH if you might be someone who is interested.

As you know, the quest requirements are that you have access to the Al'Taieu area.

Please let me know if you are interested! (Tuesday / Sunday)

Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 22:20:14  
You going for obis or gorgets?
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-12 22:22:32  
If you're doing gorgets, keep in mind that Om'Yovra are 100% drop and can be trio'd (Duo'd actually, but that is a bit more difficult/time consuming). I usually go mnk rdm brd and can get 3 organs (1 each) in about 30-45 mins (including finding the next pop, resting between fights ect).
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-12 22:23:34  
Personally I would like that hMP earring first, but as time allows anything goes really. Having all jobs is a curse as much as it is a good thing.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-12 22:25:25  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
If you're doing gorgets, keep in mind that Om'Yovra are 100% drop and can be trio'd (Duo'd actually, but that is a bit more difficult/time consuming). I usually go mnk rdm brd and can get 3 organs (1 each) in about 30-45 mins (including finding the next pop, resting between fights ect).

Hey thanks for the advice V.^^
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-12 22:26:35  
Protip: Keep the mnk above 1k at all times. Being solo hit by V-barrage is like 1k needles. Does 900 and some change.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 22:26:41  
Valefor.Ellise said:
Personally I would like that hMP earring first, but as time allows anything goes really. Having all jobs is a curse as much as it is a good thing.
You can solo that as a BLM/RDM.

Just be warned, you NEED a good enfeebling set. Even with Enfeebling 276 with INT 130, flowers still resisted sleep every now and then.

Resist on Bind, Sleep, and Gravity = dead you.

And the drop rate SUCKS.

I spent about 10 hours just getting the 5 flower organs, but I did it all solo.

Its best to solo all your obis though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-12 22:26:53  
Actually I've heard of schs soloing them and sometimes pimped out taru blms getting lucky and 2hr zerging
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 22:29:15  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually I've heard of schs soloing them and sometimes pimped out taru blms getting lucky and 2hr zerging
Yeah, I did that for a SAM friend. I got VERY lucky, because I was just about to get charmed when I killed it lol.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-12 22:29:37  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Om'Yovra? Or Ul'Yovra? Only Om' (the tougher ones) are 100% drop.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-12 22:30:39  
Flowers are easy to solo on blm hell I've even soloed them on blu just meleeing and melee spells
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-12 22:33:16  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Om'Yovra? Or Ul'Yovra? Only Om' (the tougher ones) are 100% drop.
I forget been awhile since I looked into it. My limbus shell used to kill them after limbus. nin/drk easily owned in tanking
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-12 22:34:33  
I don't see why /drk would be needed. I'd /war for the extra damage, but then again, when I go mnk I'm the solo source of dmg (though /nin but yea). Can usually down in 6-8 mins w/ mnk brd rdm double march.
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-12 22:36:31  
If you have BLM/RDM, then soloing your Euhvi Organs is great solo practice. It's even better if you have a RDM friend who is bored and just wants to hang out and get some EXP.

Also, think of your MNK homies because you'll get 4x as many HQ organs as NQ ones.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-12 22:38:33  
I enjoy the company of friends, so I don't mind doing other things in the game if no one is available to hang out / help^^.

I mean, I have gone this long without these items, so really I guess I can do without them. Just would be another thing to work towards for a change of pace^^.
 Sylph.Otsego
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-12 22:51:53  
Relaxing Earring = 5 Hrs.
4x Obi = 17 Hrs.
Good Luck if you plan on soloing as BLM/RDM. Duo is a bit quicker, but welcome to hell on the drop rates. All that time spent farming organs, still worth it for the items you might be after, if its obi's and the earring. All make a great addition to any mage.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-12 23:04:29  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't see why /drk would be needed. I'd /war for the extra damage, but then again, when I go mnk I'm the solo source of dmg (though /nin but yea). Can usually down in 6-8 mins w/ mnk brd rdm double march.
The /drk is so we dont give it any tp except nukes lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-12 23:14:04  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Oh, lol I melee tank it lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-12 23:18:16  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Oh, lol I melee tank it lol.
Yeah don't like tp moves.. plus it was after omega runs
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-13 10:46:00  
Had a lot of fun farming my Yovra Organs.

PLD/NIN x2 (NIN/DRK would have worked fine) who stand tanked it.

SAM/THF and DRK/THF doing SATA Ground Strike > SATA Tachi: Gekko for Distortion across the two PLD. Would TP on Hpmede off to the side and go in for SC right after a TP move.

RDM/WHM and BLM Both would MB on the Distortion with Ice magic and RDM took care of Haste/Refresh.

Most times a few Skillchains + MB would kill one.

There are better ways to do it, but a lot of people wanted to go, and this was a fun way to go about it.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-13 10:51:33  
I was able to spend some time on this quest last night. I was lucky enough to earn 5 samples of Luminian Tissue and 1 Euvhi Organ. 4 more to go and maybe I can move on to the next goal.

Thanks for all of your advice and positive discussion.

Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 10:54:02  
Sylph.Otsego said:
Relaxing Earring = 5 Hrs. 4x Obi = 17 Hrs. Good Luck if you plan on soloing as BLM/RDM. Duo is a bit quicker, but welcome to hell on the drop rates. All that time spent farming organs, still worth it for the items you might be after, if its obi's and the earring. All make a great addition to any mage.
Relaxing earring took me 10 hours, but that was spread out for 5 days (2 hours before events each day).

I only got 2x obis, ice and thunder.

The Xzomits from Dem porter are the best place to get them, cause you only have to deal with 1 baby and zone is right there. Can get all the organs you want in like 1 hour there.

Shark is there too if you need some of those organs.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 10:56:00  
Valefor.Ellise said:
I was able to spend some time on this quest last night. I was lucky enough to earn 5 samples of Luminian Tissue and 1 Euvhi Organ. 4 more to go and maybe I can move on to the next goal. Thanks for all of your advice and positive discussion.
I find the tissues drop easier on flowers than on anything else.

I got my relaxing earring last, and I ended up getting 13 tissues for my 5 organs (and 7 HQ organs, which made a lot of MNKs love me lol).

So, I would suggest getting relaxing earring first :D
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-13 11:20:26  
Where is the best place to farm flowers? I need a few HQ organs so I can pop JoFaith for my torque/h2h.
By MisterRyu 2009-11-13 11:29:06  
I'm pretty sure I farmed my HQ organs in the garden rather than the grand palace
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-13 12:00:20  
Anrin Obi is a must if you're going to go BLM for Dynamis or Limbus (Apollyon). Drains for 400+ in Dynamis and Aspir for 150-160 normal in there (that's with Dark Skill set and Pluto staff, but still...)

Also, I am fairly sure that the Euhvi in the Palace don't drop NQ Organs. If I recall, I spent most of the time I solo'd Euhvi going back and forth between the NW and NE ramp rooms that were just off the first central corridor in the Garden. Gravity pull a Euhvi from the corner room, Nuke, Nuke, Bind and run up to top level, Nuke, Nuke, Stun / Sleep if necessary, rest, Nuke. You can use the ramps to great advantage when nuking. Most of the time three Tier 4 and a Tier 3 were enough to take one out.

Just make sure to have SS/Phalanx/Blink (and Aquaveil never hurts) up, and Shock Spikes if you're really worried. Even without a Refresher (btw, FoV Refresh will carry into Sea. If you are going there to solo, you might want to grab it outside one of the crags right before you port, or just before you pop your Tavy ring).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 12:04:32  
Odin.Aramina said:
Anrin Obi is a must if you're going to go BLM for Dynamis or Limbus (Apollyon). Drains for 400 in Dynamis and Aspir for 150-160 normal in there (that's with Dark Skill set and Pluto staff, but still...)
Can do that without obi with even just an ok dark skill set really.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-13 12:05:49  
Quote:
In the Name of Science

Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-13 12:06:00  
With regards to the Obi(s). To your understanding, are they used strictly with elemental type spells or for enfeebling spells as well? For resistance purposes, would you continue to use +INT belts such as Ocean Rope or Witch Sash or would you run with an obi for the corresponding element/spell type?

Thanks again everyone.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 12:09:23  
Valefor.Ellise said:
With regards to the Obi(s). To your understanding, are they used strictly with elemental type spells or for enfeebling spells as well? For resistance purposes, would you continue to use INT belts such as Ocean Rope or Witch Sash or would you run with an obi for the corresponding element/spell type? Thanks again everyone.
I'd never use oceans rope But yes witch sash is nice if your running into resistance issues. Or even relic. Also I wouldn't enfeeble with it. though really the dmg added by that would certainly outweigh other slots dmg you could add more skill/macc too
First Page 2 3