users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Bonanza time again! <3
Mog Bonanza time again! <3
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-24 13:23:13  
Yeah, I'm sure they choose the number that the fewest amount of people picked... But still, it's very likely that 'someone' will win the top prize due to the sheer number of marbles that will be purchased.
 Valefor.Ellise
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-24 13:23:41  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, neither have I. >.< My luck sucks. I've done the previous Mog Bonanzas and the only thing I won each time was the rank 5 due to the 0-9 numbering on the marbles. There's always a chance though! =D

Oh yeah... I forgot that this was an option! ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-24 13:25:29  
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, neither have I. >.< My luck sucks. I've done the previous Mog Bonanzas and the only thing I won each time was the rank 5 due to the 0-9 numbering on the marbles. There's always a chance though! =D

Oh yeah... I forgot that this was an option! ^^
*Nods.* I generally go into a pool with my friends and have all characters get 0-9 marbles in a sequence with the other people. This way we can maximize the number of combinations and not have overlapping numbers. =)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 13:28:18  
For me:
  • Rank 1 - Gil

• Rank 2 - Black Belt

• Rank 3 - Hermes' Sandals

• Rank 4 - O Ingot

• Rank 5 - Shadow Lord Statue

There's a few reasons why I would choose these.

Gil for obvious reason.

Black Belt because I still haven't done the quests and using brown belt atm, so I'd make gil back for it. I would choose Byakko's Haidate but I figure I can get those anytime. I don't play alot for HNM etc. for BB.

Hermes'sandals cause the other items are not hard to get for me.

O ingot because I can do bcnm for another O ingot and have my friend make me another snow ring for free. :)

And SL statue reminds me of when I first played this game and made my way to SL to defeat him for the mission.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-11-24 13:32:33  
Can u buy marbles yet? I went to the space but no moogles around. Sorry if this was mentioned...haven't checked.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-24 13:34:15  
Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
Can u buy marbles yet? I went to the space but no moogles around. Sorry if this was mentioned...haven't checked.
Read the POL News..... FFS... December 24th...
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-11-24 13:36:25  
Fairy.Tbest said:
FFS...
Minusseven.
Making peoples day a little bit shittier. :P
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 13:37:15  
Hmm, the website says only characters who were created for 45 days can buy. I made like 11 mules for this purpose but cancelled their content IDs after last bonanza. I wonder if just reactivated these right before before purchasing will be ok so I don't have to pay an extra month of content id fees...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-24 13:45:40  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Hmm, the website says only characters who were created for 45 days can buy. I made like 11 mules for this purpose but cancelled their content IDs after last bonanza. I wonder if just reactivated these right before before purchasing will be ok so I don't have to pay an extra month of content id fees...
You can reactivate them before and still buy the marbles. Just deactivate them afterward and then reactivate if you get something good on them. :P
 Cerberus.Injustice
サーバ: Cerberus
user: injustice
By Cerberus.Injustice 2009-11-24 13:48:57  
So basicly all you have to do is activate them now and thats 30 days until the contest begins....then wait an additional 15 days which will be January 9th then thats when you can buy the marbles cause the sales will still be on take a advantage of that gogogo!!!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 13:56:49  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
You can reactivate them before and still buy the marbles. Just deactivate them afterward and then reactivate if you get something good on them. :P
FINAL_FANTASY_XI_Moggy_New_Year_Bonanza said:
Price: 2000 gil per marble.
Marble sales period: Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 1:00 until Friday, January 15, 2010 at 1:00 (PDT).
Winning numbers announced: Friday, January 29, 2010 at 1:00 (PDT).
Prize collection period: Friday, January 29, 2010 at 1:00 until Monday, February 15 at 1:00 (PDT).
Eligibility: Only characters for whom 45 days or more have passed since creation can purchase bonanza marbles.

* The winning number will be randomly determined in a strictly supervised process.
* Employees of Square Enix, Square Enix Inc. and Square Enix Ltd. and their relatives are forbidden from participating in the Mog Bonanza.

So it looks like I'll wait until January, activate my content IDs, buy marbles and cancel on the 31st. If it turns out they need to be active for 45 days I'm going to rage.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-11-24 14:18:13  
I hoped that they would add Hachiryu armor as a reward too
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 14:20:27  
Hypno I think it will be fine if you only canceled the content ID without deleting any of the mules. It says since creation, so I'm sure it's only if you had a char made longer than 45 days even if it was canceled.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 14:26:53  
Reactivation doesn't reset the creation date.

I reactivated this account 2 weeks prior to this last bonanza. It was deactivated for ~8 months.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-24 15:04:01  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Kujata.Daus said:
Im goin for that birdman cape!

no..not really >.> going for Gil or what sells for the most gil but everybody knows I cant win anything so Ill go with that shadowlord statue.
/comfort Daus. You can do it! Just make sure all of the marbles are 0-9 last digits. :P

You know I knew that and I meant to do that last year but I totally screwed it up 8( instead of the last digits I did the first digits 0-9

luckily I still got a fafy statue..but I swear I thought I wouldnt get anything.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-24 15:07:37  
D ring all the way!.... Or gil, depending on the number of rank 1 winners, If I got rank 1 ;x
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-24 15:25:37  
Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
FFS...
Minusseven.
Making peoples day a little bit shittier. :P
It's cool, 7, he's just perma-grouch unless you have ***. :v

SEVEN BRIGHTENS MY DAY.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-24 15:30:18  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

So it looks like I'll wait until January, activate my content IDs, buy marbles and cancel on the 31st. If it turns out they need to be active for 45 days I'm going to rage.

Activate in January, cancel right after. Will be able to play till end of the month. Cause saying "cancel on the 31st" + Playonline simply do not compute lol.

Registration server maintenance always :<
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 15:31:15  
Garuda.Antipika said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

Activate in January, cancel right after. Will be able to play till end of the month. Cause saying "cancel on the 31st" Playonline simply do not compute lol.

Registration server maintenance always :<
Good call. I'll do that.
 Cerberus.Injustice
サーバ: Cerberus
user: injustice
By Cerberus.Injustice 2009-11-24 15:43:26  
but wait hol up hol up how you gonna do that if you can only get marbles if your char has been on for 45days or more? so if my character is created but the ID is not active i can still get the marbles cause they are created *** someone help me out dammit!!
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 15:45:50  
If you had the characters for 45+ days and deactivated them after that it would still show as being played 45+ days when you reactivate them. Content IDs have nothing to do with it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 15:46:38  
Cerberus.Injustice said:
but wait hol up hol up how you gonna do that if you can only get marbles if your char has been on for 45days or more? so if my character is created but the ID is not active i can still get the marbles cause they are created *** someone help me out dammit!!
It says if your character has been created for longer than 45 days. Not active for 45 days.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-24 15:49:13  
so anyone wanna discuss methods they're gonna use for it? XD
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 15:50:22  
Some lucky child will /random a number onto a piece of paper.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-24 15:55:01  
This is probably my list,
  • Rank 1 - AV Drop

• Rank 2 - Probably V-Belt, maybe get Black Belt and lvl MNK

• Rank 3 - Hauteclaire

• Rank 4 - W/e Sells for the most.

• Rank 5 - Fafnir Statue

Anyone else wonder WHY is Joyeuse in Rank 2? Why? It's over Hauteclaire, Algol, Homam and Nashira pieces, I mean seriously?!? An NM you can solo/duo/trio and it has a 100% drop!? Joyeuse should be rank 3, and Hauter/Algol should be rank 2.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-24 16:11:11  
Because despite the fact that it's much easier to get, Joyeuse is so much better in most situations than a hauteclaire. But yeah, still weird.
If you want more crazyness, D Ring and Minerva Ring are both rank 1's... But D Ring is superior to Minerva ring in every aspect...
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-24 16:15:05  
Midgardsormr.Renala said:

Last 5 digits of the MD5 hash of the JPG file I'll fap to for 10 days prior the mog bonanza start. I think my method is pretty cool.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-24 16:15:42  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Because despite the fact that it's much easier to get, Joyeuse is so much better in most situations than a hauteclaire. But yeah, still weird.
If you want more crazyness, D Ring and Minerva Ring are both rank 1's... But D Ring is superior to Minerva ring in every aspect...

I just look at difficulty to obtain for this, but yea I agree on both points lol, because for usefulness Byakko's and V belt as well as Black belt are both tops for that slot so they would be rank 1 I guess.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-24 16:18:01  
Garuda.Antipika said:
Midgardsormr.Renala said:

Last 5 digits of the MD5 hash of the JPG file I'll fap to for 10 days prior the mog bonanza start. I think my method is pretty cool.
Pretty much the best thing I've ever heard of.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 16:25:18  
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
It's rigged just like McDonald's Monopoly game was when it first started.