Mog Bonanza time again! <3
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 16:27:37  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Because despite the fact that it's much easier to get, Joyeuse is so much better in most situations than a hauteclaire. But yeah, still weird. If you want more crazyness, D Ring and Minerva Ring are both rank 1's... But D Ring is superior to Minerva ring in every aspect...
I just look at difficulty to obtain for this, but yea I agree on both points lol, because for usefulness Byakko's and V belt as well as Black belt are both tops for that slot so they would be rank 1 I guess.
Both Vbelt and byakko are soloable. Hell Black belt items aren't that hard to get
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-24 16:30:40  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Because despite the fact that it's much easier to get, Joyeuse is so much better in most situations than a hauteclaire. But yeah, still weird. If you want more crazyness, D Ring and Minerva Ring are both rank 1's... But D Ring is superior to Minerva ring in every aspect...
I just look at difficulty to obtain for this, but yea I agree on both points lol, because for usefulness Byakko's and V belt as well as Black belt are both tops for that slot so they would be rank 1 I guess.
Both Vbelt and byakko are soloable. Hell Black belt items aren't that hard to get

I said in usefulness.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-11-24 16:30:51  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bismarck.Altar said:

I've never heard of anyonone solo byakko o.o
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 16:31:44  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
I've never heard of anyonone solo byakko o.o
It involves alot of RR and bio/draining lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 16:32:39  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
I said in usefulness.
Who cares. Rdm af body is rediculously useful for rdm... also super easy to get. Can't make every useful item that is easy to get on the top while placing hard to get ***on the bottom
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 16:32:52  
BB items can be hard to get if you don't have the gil, don't do HNM, have to wait for others or out buy others wanting the items at the camp, and not online a lot.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-24 16:34:38  
It was said, but joytoy is more used then haut.

Haut is kinda meh, its why if you get a joy-toy, you can skip burt for a ~long~ time(Kinda like how most pld's do with money, get aegis, then burt as a dream..)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 16:38:16  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
BB items can be hard to get if you don't have the gil, don't do HNM, have to wait for others or out buy others wanting the items at the camp, and not online a lot.
Anything is hard if you don't do anything to get it lol. Sure all high cost items are hard if you don't have gil and don't camp the mob. If it only dropped off the HQs sure. But random people on my server just for fun claim behemoth all the time lol. Sometimes even "sell" the claim to the big shells especially if they happen to get KB. And people do do KSNM99 sometimes.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2009-11-24 17:25:43  
1. Futsuno Mitama ^^
2. V-belt or Byakkos pants since i dont have then ; ;
3. Homan pants or Star sapphire
4. k-ore
5. Fafnir statue
 Sylph.Otsego
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-24 19:18:27  
Rank 1: Ninurta's Sash (to sell) or hmmm Morrigan's Robe?
Rank 2: V. Belt
Rank 3: Nashira Seraweels
Rank 4: Vilma's Ring
Rank 5: Shadow Lord Statue (have Faf & Behe from last year)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-24 23:17:43  
Why the *** is Joyeuse rank 2? Yes it's generally better than Hauteclaire unless you can't/won't macro, but damn, not like it's hard to get either.

Gil/NSash
VBelt/Gaiters
Homam/IWootz
Behemoth Hide
Shadow Lord Statue
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 23:21:46  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why the *** is Joyeuse rank 2?
Why the *** is birdman cape even higher than rank 5 lol? I mean sure it is super rare. Which would work if it was even a tad bit better than other stuff... instead of worse than other stuff that is much easier to get. Unless your trying to build a super resist para setup....
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-24 23:22:17  
Ninurta's Sash
Gaiters
Nashira
Vilma's
and of course the Pest Repellent.

Interesting rank 2 prizes, Birdman cape and Joyeuse? ;o
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-24 23:23:03  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why the *** is birdman cape even higher than rank 5 lol? I mean sure it is super rare. Which would work if it was even a tad bit better than other stuff... instead of worse than other stuff that is much easier to get. Unless your trying to build a super resist para setup....
or if you're a career brd.

Edit: nvm that would still be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-24 23:27:42  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Not gonna lie, I'm seriously considering getting it for shits and giggles. Over a VBelt. Yeah.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-11-24 23:28:24  
my choices
Rank1 - Usukane Haramaki or Mog Bonanza Kupon A(mars's ring)
Rank2 - Black belt
Rank3 - Homam Cosciales or Vampiric Claws
Rank4 - Vilma's Ring
Rank5 - Shadow Lord Statue
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 23:30:56  
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
or if you're a career brd. Edit: nvm that would still be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Yeah while I do suppose there are situations where you care about mp over chr... and so might be using Jester's Cape +1 There are plenty of other high mp back pieces so meh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 23:32:01  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Not gonna lie, I'm seriously considering getting it for shits and giggles. Over a VBelt. Yeah.
If you were on my sever and proved you did I'd probably give you a mil to see it lol
 Fairy.Jalen
サーバ: Fairy
user: Trueninja
By Fairy.Jalen 2009-11-25 00:27:45  
Rank 1: gil/ or ninja sash
Rank 2:Byakko
Rank 3:gil
Rank 4:whatever sells the most
Rank 5:statue
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-25 00:40:53  
On myself, if I won:
rank 1: Coupon A or gil
rank 2: Velocious Belt (I despise camping NMs. I especially despise camping NMs that are also being camped by a million others.) or gil
rank 3: Imperial Wootz Ingot (one less I have to buy for salvage) or gil
rank 4: Khroma ore (to sell)
rank 5: Shadow Lord statue. I already have a fafnir stat.

On my mule, if I won:
rank 1: Gil
rank 2: Gil
rank 3: Imperial Wootz Ingot (same reason as above) or gil
rank 4: Khroma Ore (to sell)
rank 5: Adamantoise statue. She already has a behemoth stat.
 Fenrir.George
By Fenrir.George 2009-11-25 01:53:39  
well at least i can win another statue
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-25 06:23:47  
Odin.Liela said:
On myself, if I won:
rank 1: Coupon A or gil
rank 2: Velocious Belt (I despise camping NMs. I especially despise camping NMs that are also being camped by a million others.) or gil
rank 3: Imperial Wootz Ingot (one less I have to buy for salvage) or gil
rank 4: Khroma ore (to sell)
rank 5: Shadow Lord statue. I already have a fafnir stat.

On my mule, if I won:
rank 1: Gil
rank 2: Gil
rank 3: Imperial Wootz Ingot (same reason as above) or gil
rank 4: Khroma Ore (to sell)
rank 5: Adamantoise statue. She already has a behemoth stat.
Depending on how many rank 1 winners there are, an AV item would quite probably sell for a lot more than the gil. Same as Herald's Gaiters for rank 2.

Out of interest though, which AV item would you take for yourself if you won? (they're all rare, not rare/ex)
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-11-25 07:06:52  
If I win, I am gonna upgrade from Ginger Cookies to Wizard Cookies!
[+]
 Alexander.Dukuji
サーバ: Alexander
user: Dukuji
By Alexander.Dukuji 2009-11-25 09:43:03  
I'm actually surprised that nobody has mentioned it, maybe it's just too obvious, why has SE moved the Mog Bonanza to January? It's always been in the merry month of May. Some need or necessity must have driven them to move it back to January. I'm willing to guess that they'll need all their people in April/May for something else. Personally, I feel that this gives us a time frame for the release of FFXIV. Now the world runs on swiftly to great tidings.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-25 09:45:09  
Alexander.Dukuji said:
I'm actually surprised that nobody has mentioned it, maybe it's just too obvious, why has SE moved the Mog Bonanza to January? It's always been in the merry month of May.
I'll be the first to say it. While technically true I'd hardly call 2/2 always.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-25 09:49:08  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Alexander.Dukuji said:
I'm actually surprised that nobody has mentioned it, maybe it's just too obvious, why has SE moved the Mog Bonanza to January? It's always been in the merry month of May.

SE has mentioned that they've been wanting to do more than one Mog Bonanza in any given year. I'm too lazy to find that interview and provide a link right now though.

I'm a cynical person, so I think this particular Mog Bonanza is more of a "carrot" to keep people inclined to deactivate from doing so for a couple more months.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-25 09:50:41  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Alexander.Dukuji said:

His statement is correct, it has always been in May.

But his sample size is laughably small, so he is unable to draw and statistically significant conclusions.