Talkin About AV Drops.....

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Talkin about AV Drops.....
Talkin about AV Drops.....
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-24 14:51:07  
lol, AV is so bad@$$ he kills spectators, I went by to watch and raise folks in...Demo? maybe after that SE video was released and I got killed a few times for just being there...once you've tried to beat AV legitimately once (which usually results in a good 18 deaths for yourself) you dont really care for trying it again :{ I dont think Ive seen him since the KCzerg nerf, Ive certainly never been in a ls who had that many krakendrks..I tried a legit kill once in an old old ls before nerfs and we couldnt get anywhere.

Its hard to explain unless you've actually tried him. Its not that theories on how to kill him are bad..its just that everybody who's seen AV knows it wont work even if he has been nerfed. You cant kill something if you arent alive :P
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 14:53:58  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
That's pretty sick >.>

Does he pull everybody in before he does the move?
No, its basically 79% -> Absolute Virtue instant wipes your alliance with Meteor. Have a nice day! :)

So why not have everyone run out of range before 79% leaving the tank or whoever has the hate, let him meteor and then go back.
By Mikumaru 2009-11-24 14:55:23  
spell chek is for know it allz like you bud . if i cared about my grammar i would do somthingh about eet . besides whats the point when i have coledge edukated geenyuses like you to correct me .
Holler back ***
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-11-24 14:56:17  
Titan.Tails said:
Ahh, I didn't notice the Coupon. So instead of letting us defeat AV, they'll just give us the items. That doesn't seem too exciting.
its not like hundreds of people are gonna win a rank 1 prize at most 50 will and only a few will even pick an AV drop like its a big deal
By Mikumaru 2009-11-24 14:56:49  
and again thankz for derailing the thread .
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 14:57:08  
Mikumaru said:
spell chek is for know it allz like you bud . if i cared about my grammar i would do somthingh about eet . besides whats the point when i have coledge edukated geenyuses like you to correct me .
Holler back ***
I'm done replying to you as this will only cause this thread to end up in the Flame Core. Good day.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 14:57:13  
Uh let's cut it out on the e-thugging. You want people to talk of AV etc. so let it be a discussion and not turn into a flame core thread.
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-24 14:59:32  
Alyria said:
So why not have everyone run out of range before 79% leaving the tank or whoever has the hate, let him meteor and then go back.

I think that was Thorn's point, but then again it's not really predictable. D:
By Mikumaru 2009-11-24 15:03:08  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Mikumaru said:
spell chek is for know it allz like you bud . if i cared about my grammar i would do somthingh about eet . besides whats the point when i have coledge edukated geenyuses like you to correct me . Holler back ***
I'm done replying to you as this will only cause this thread to end up in the Flame Core. Good day.

Dont start something you cant finish . If that wasnt your intention then maybe you should have left it well enough alone ? the point is moot . i am sure it will end there any way . AV's hidden attribute of Causing internet flaming arises once again . some one should add that to the wiki page ' May cause flamage or other wise dumbness' .
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 15:03:15  
Who is Thorn >.>?

I don't know much of this AV stuff, I never cared to read it before since he just was a *** to even try to fight.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 15:03:53  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I'm not going to pretend like I've been in one of these legitimate fights. My previous linkshell I was in only attempted (and very poorly at that) to time nuke AV with a volley of spells from BLM. Needless to say it didn't end well.

From what I've read having people run out of distance can work, but the problem is AV's regen. You get him to 80% and have people run away before 79% and it regens without enough damage.

It might be possible to have a second alliance grab AV once the 79% meteor has happened. Other problems are happening before this such as its constant 2hours.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 15:05:45  
Thorny is a poster on Blue Gartr from that link I put up on Page 1.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 15:06:49  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I'm not going to pretend like I've been in one of these legitimate fights. My previous linkshell I was in only attempted (and very poorly at that) to time nuke AV with a volley of spells from BLM. Needless to say it didn't end well.

From what I've read having people run out of distance can work, but the problem is AV's regen. You get him to 80% and have people run away before 79% and it regens without enough damage.

It might be possible to have a second alliance grab AV once the 79% meteor has happened. Other problems are happening before this such as its constant 2hours.

I see, well how bout having a smn or 2 stay with tank at 80% and they 2 hour? Would that possibly work? Gotta throw in some sacrifices in there.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 15:11:11  
I don't know much about AV, but this discussion really makes me want to read up on it. Sounds more like this NM for the masses more than just a single alliance.

My noob question is AV attackable by players outside of a party/alliance?
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-24 15:11:25  
Mikumaru said:

To be fair, the OP asked if AV had been killed legitimately. Answer = no. Anything else is a derail. If you really dont want 'derails' feel free to ask the mod replying to lock the thread.

@ lilbusta no, its not, but you can heal from outside, and maybe rotate in DD parties. I've never taken a shot at him, so unknown. But if youre looking for more info about him, pretty much everything publicly known is on the BG link hypno posted.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 15:19:25  
I can't check the link right now, but does the thread have one post that's updated with new/existing info? Rather not read endless pages of people shouting back and forth.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 15:24:33  
The first post of that thread is updated with the most current factual information known about AV.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 15:30:17  
Thank you Hypno! I'm far from even being invite to attempt AV, but it seems very interesting to know there's a NM out there that is still giving hell to the players.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 15:32:43  
That's too much for me to dig through, that's same as asking me to read the ffxiah linkshell thread.

Oh well, hopefully we find a way to beat AV.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-24 15:35:09  
Quote:
I was in only attempted (and very poorly at that) to time nuke AV with a volley of spells from BLM. Needless to say it didn't end well.

With half of the LS inside 10' including mage, sure it failed :D I still have that video somewhere lol.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-24 15:37:09  
Garuda.Antipika said:
Quote:
I was in only attempted (and very poorly at that) to time nuke AV with a volley of spells from BLM. Needless to say it didn't end well.

With half of the LS inside 10' including mage, sure it failed :D I still have that video somewhere lol.
Post for the lulz =D
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-24 15:49:38  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Garuda.Antipika said:
Quote:

Post for the lulz =D

Won't lol :<
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-24 16:17:38  
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Thank you Hypno! I'm far from even being invite to attempt AV, but it seems very interesting to know there's a NM out there that is still giving hell to the players.

Very much hell.
AFAIK, the only times people could kill AV were first when you could use the wall cheat, and he basically couldn't reach you, and then when you could kraken club zerg it to death; both of which were quickly patched. There was talk of a group of 10(?) Scholars being able to possibly MV it, but someone leaked the info, it spread, SE found out, and patched it before they could even try it on AV.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 16:22:00  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I see, well how bout having a smn or 2 stay with tank at 80% and they 2 hour? Would that possibly work? Gotta throw in some sacrifices in there.
Do you realize how crappy astral flow dmg is endgame? Better off having 2 blms nuke it lol. Or um some hard hitting DD with his 2hr
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 16:24:38  
We use Summoners on Odin >.> So no I don't see how it is crappy. I never fought AV so I wouldn't know if it sucked on AF. So it was a suggestive guess.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 16:25:37  
Meteor is based on what element?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-24 16:26:06  
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Meteor is based on what element?

None. It's like Mijin Gakure, it's non elemental.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 16:27:40  
No wonder it's insta-wipe.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-24 16:29:10  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
We use Summoners on Odin >.> So no I don't see how it is crappy. I never fought AV so I wouldn't know if it sucked on AF. So it was a suggestive guess.
And just how much dmg does it do?
By Mikumaru 2009-11-24 21:02:38  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Mikumaru said:

To be fair, the OP asked if AV had been killed legitimately. Answer = no. Anything else is a derail. If you really dont want 'derails' feel free to ask the mod replying to lock the thread.

@ lilbusta no, its not, but you can heal from outside, and maybe rotate in DD parties. I've never taken a shot at him, so unknown. But if youre looking for more info about him, pretty much everything publicly known is on the BG link hypno posted.
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Uh let's cut it out on the e-thugging. You want people to talk of AV etc. so let it be a discussion and not turn into a flame core thread.
all valid points , but my intention was to discuss the addition of AV drops to mog bonanza , not discuss current possible strats or known facts save for his defeat. I find it odd that Square would add such rare , currently impossible to obtain items to an event as random as Bonanza . Random meaning that as stated in other posts that any joe shmoe can win givin the winning numbers . While others curse square and this game , while continuing to play it regularly , There has always seemed to be a method to the madness like it or not . All the other items offered thus far have been Obtainable , one way or another . Ridill , KC , Ares , Morrigan , Ect can be obtained by any one givin the time and dedication to do the events and so forth that are required . Even the stoopid amounts of gil that are rewarded are obtainable thru other means (non RMT of course) , not just bonanza . But there are really only a handful of AV drops out there , owned by those few who have defeated him thru " illegitimate " means , be it the infamous wall glitch or other pre-tweak means . It really boggles me why after so much time has Square decided to add these extremely powerful, highly sought after items to the list of rewards .

In short i guess i am/was askin the community their feelings and thoughts on this development . my bad for not clearly stating it in the OP . Flaming in my own thread when askin people not to is also pretty dumb , but i guess i am just fed up and frustrated with peoples need to be disruptive just for the sake of doing so .
IMHO this really is a big deal , i mean these are IMPOSSIBLE to get things for any one with out them , unless one of the few people that have them on each server decides to give/sell them to some one . Mind blowing .