Talkin About AV Drops.....

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Talkin about AV Drops.....
Talkin about AV Drops.....
 Asura.Hit
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-11-24 21:24:18  
Mikumaru said:
Mind blowing .

Hence the reason they're added this time maybe? For those who are jaded when it comes to the other prizes the AV drops still hold much appeal.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-24 22:05:31  
OP is an idiot, only person trolling the thread is you.

As for my opinions, one of the main reasons for the Mog Bonanza is to remove gil from the economy to attempt to keep some sort of balance. As time goes on and people get more and more hard to get items, the grand prize of gil looks more and more enticing in comparison to the gear. If people choose the gil then the bonanza isn't doing it's job at removing it from the economy, it's just redistributing it. Hence why they're now offering all of AV's drops as a possible reward, so people will be less likely to take the gil.

I don't think this has anything at all to do with AV itself, in fact the appeal of the mog bonanza for the majority of players is that it's already a chance to get unattainable items. Because regardless of what you think, a lot of that gear isn't simply attainable by anyone, many people simply don't have the time to invest to get it, or live in the wrong time-zone for their server and can't join the right shell etc. etc. So now there are options for even the hardest of hard-core players to take instead of gil.

And for the record, Futsuno Mitama was a rank 1 option last year also.
[+]
By Mikumaru 2009-11-25 07:27:02  
Odin.Blazza said:
OP is an idiot, only person trolling the thread is you. And for the record, Futsuno Mitama was a rank 1 option last year also.
i dont really speak spanish , what ever trolling is . If it means watching a Thread that you created to be informed of the current conversation direction then i guess i'm guiltly . I dont remember seeing Futsu last time, but the exhaust gases and hydro carbons reak havoc on the brain .

You make valid points especially since RMT is so rampant on non-VIP lounge type Servers . Before i left Odin i didnt even know the gilsellers sent harassing tells , but you get used it after a while .
 Sylph.Otsego
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-25 08:08:17  
Why did SE add the AV drops to this years Mog Bonanza? Simple answer, to entice more players to play the Mog Bonanza lottery. You have a chance, if you win, to get 1 of the 7 of most rare drops in all of FF. I personally do not know one player that would pass up the chance at one of those 7 drops. The question is, if you win, what do you take? I'm not going into details on those pieces, thats what looking them up is for. As someone said, they are probably offering them up to keep people from opting to take the gil from winning Rank 1; why take 100M when some of the drops are easily worth that, or more? It would be a tough decision for me anyway, take one of those 7 items, or take a Morrigan's Robe for my BLM, and save myself a ton of time, headache, and gil to get it via Salvage. AV is almost unbeatable, according to SE it can be beat, and a lot of speculation has been made to the methods in which to beat that pain in the ***. Why die 20 times, or more to get a SHOT at a drop when you can play Mog Bonanza and probably have the same odds, and not have to die once to get it? And I agree with the previous posts on Joyeuse, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to even offer it up as a Rank 2, Charybdis is trio'd, NIN/RDM/BRD. Pain in the *** to camp, somewhat, 100% drop though. Just ask yourself, what would you do if you actually won on a Rank 1 item.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-25 08:29:33  
Even without AV drops people would still play anyway :/ Anyone interested by an AV drop is also interested to get 80Mish gils or something.

It's half a relic weapon basically... Or a whole relic providing you do Dynamis and can sponsor runs from time to time.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-06 02:00:53  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Technically, so is AV, right? DRK Kclub zerg, as well as other setups.... It may not be legitimate but... it's been defeated in the past, hasn't it?
Each time it's defeated by something like this, it's nerfed.

They fixed Souleater zergs on AV, as well as Sch burns. There's some magical "proper" way to kill it... But, the general population still has yet to figure it out. :/

I been trying to figure out what it is, I have a feeling I will.