Epic Pwnz Merit Pt!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Epic pwnz merit pt!
Epic pwnz merit pt!
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Shurtugal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Shurtugal 2009-12-02 04:32:59  
So, was just an average merit pt set up for birds. Had me on cor, which I dinged 73 in :D, a sam, war, brd, mnk, and rdm. Nothing to spectacular until at chain 48... the rdm dc's. /sad face. Mnk gets a wild hair up his *** and starts fighting a bird. After we pwned it and kept chain, we figured we would kill till the rdm came back... To say the least.. the rdm bailed on us. But! Elite pwn mnk Arcainious tanked all the birds and we survived on Dancer's Roll alone! We stopped the pt at chain 128... 80 kills in a row without losing chain with no healer in the pt. To me, thats an accomplishment!

If I had fraps or some kind of video software, I would've taken it, but alas I don't. Now, has anyone else ever had an epic pt like this? We would've gone much further, but it's 4 a.m. and brd had to sleep XD

SAM-Xknifex; MNK-Arcainious; BRD-Haricarana; WAR-Myfia; COR-Me :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Veronika
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-12-02 05:14:13  
Nice! And yea, healers are kind of over-rated in merit pt's, lol. I HATE meriting on RDM because when you get a PT of DD's who can actually keep shadows up you have NOTHING to do except your haste cycle. You very rarely have to toss out a heal if the party is adequate.

I'd have to say my "Awesome merit pt" story would be a random pt invite a couple weeks ago i got from Hecuba, a guy i Pt'ed with once before. The time before he had played his Pup and was doing very acceptable damage, but this time he was going whm. The setup was War/Sam(Me), Drg/Sam, Drg/Sam, Cor/Whm, Brd/Nin, Whm/Sch(Hecuba). With just the three of us DD'ing, we were making 28k exp/hour. We were killing so fast that we cleared most the middle and bottom camps and STILL ran out of mobs, so we couldn't keep a chain up due to slow respawns. Sadly, all the cor did was rolls. They didn't toss out a single heal the entire party, and they didn't fire a single bullet nor draw their weapons at all... Shame we lost out on a little damage but it wouldn't have mattered much anyways. Even though we were all subbing Sam, Hecuba's awesome WHM never had less than 800 mp once in the entire pt.
As far as damage went, i was using engetsuto on WAR and pushing 1300-1900 penta thrusts while the drgs did 1000-2100 drakesbanes. Basically, the mobs died as soon as the brd pulled them to us lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Shurtugal
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Shurtugal 2009-12-02 05:19:45  
:D Very nice! And yea I know Hecuba, I've pt'd and done salvage with him. Our pt managed to get 30k in about 75 minutes of pting. And we went slower with the healer lol...
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-12-02 05:25:09  
I think i spent too much time meritting recently. It used to be all i ever wanted to do, but now it killed the game for me. Today was the longest I've played in a couple weeks, and that's just cuz i went and did some FoV with a JP friend of mine up in sky lol.

Everything's so boring now... I'm always stuck on RDM for everything besides merits xD Then it's WAR, DNC, or RDM... BLM if I'm in the solo/duo mood.

Someone get something exciting and fun going on Leviathan so i can come back and be unbored.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-12-02 05:57:53  
Everyone loves the bird camp idk y really O.o personally i enjoy Mamool Ja Savages. War/sam (Gaxe), War/nin (axe/sword + first voke), Sam/war, Brd/nin, Cor/whm, rdm-whm makes a very fun party. Mamool + Puk are very ez to chain Sam should save solo darkness for Thf Mamool then its all down hill from there. 25k-30k/hr + the weapons to npc makes it very appealling for me
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-12-02 06:27:22  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Tell your CORs to stop gimping themselves and sub a real job. /RNG /WAR /SAM /NIN all work. COR is more DD than people give it credit for...
COR/WHM sucks unless you really have nothing to do besides cure, or you desperately need erase and -na's.

Look how stupid you sound ... /WHM is pretty much everything you said for everyjob not just COR, which is useful for many situations. It's really personal prefference when it comes to Cor sub jobs, unless your Front line jobs suck.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-12-02 06:46:09  
the only bad thing the cor did was not heal at all...

wrong sub wtf? <.<

When i'm brd/whm i usually go crazy with healing, almost forcing the rdm to refresh me too. I expect that a cor/whm should be doing as much. Hell /whm could go as usefull as YOU spamming dia because your sucky rdm is sucky. And yeah dia makes a huge difference between a good and a great pt, and i dare say more so than the pet like damage you will be doing compared to hulkness of a bunch of /sams.
By semimmortal 2009-12-02 07:15:20  
CORs are pretty good DDs, don't underestimate them.
/WHM has less to contribute to the EXP/hr as compared to what Mytoy has just provided:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
/RNG /WAR /SAM /NIN
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-12-02 07:23:39  
I dunno, I know my best merit party was brd/nin(pulling), cor/whm, me(Whm/sch), then some sams IIRC(3 sams, or 2sams and a drg.. I forget)

Anyway, We pushed.. 28-29k an hour, no exp rings. Was very pleasing until one of them had to go around the 3 hour mark. Forget the chain number we left it off on. Anyway...

The whole cor sub thing is nice. The cor in MY best merit party was strickly rolling and CURING. He never once attacked/shot.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-02 07:37:19  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Leviathan.Veronika said:
Nice! And yea, healers are kind of over-rated in merit pt's, lol. I HATE meriting on RDM because when you get a PT of DD's who can actually keep shadows up you have NOTHING to do except your haste cycle. You very rarely have to toss out a heal if the party is adequate.
Those are my favorite parties. Because I don't actually have to pay attention and I can leech :D There's other more important games that need to be played on 360 or some serious TV that needs to be watched!
my best party came from that.

I was RDM/WHM, partied for 3 hours, got 10 merits + 10k buffer on RDM during that time, and never once converted.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2009-12-02 08:06:10  
Best Ive ever seen was Brd/Nin, Brd/Whm, 3x Mnk/Nin, Drg/??? maybe blu or nin dont exactly remember... but we went until Chain 302 and then just decided to quit because one of our members had capped xp/merits and was almost capped to 9999/10k for the 11th merit.

Was a really good time and a ton of xp/hr. Brd/Nin got a hell of a work out but it went really smooth and really the only dmg taken came from Flurry but was never more than the Brd/Whm could handle.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 08:41:54  
Leviathan.Veronika said:

I'd have to say my "Awesome merit pt" story would be a random pt invite a couple weeks ago i got from Hecuba, a guy i Pt'ed with once before. The time before he had played his Pup and was doing very acceptable damage, but this time he was going whm. The setup was War/Sam(Me), Drg/Sam, Drg/Sam, Cor/Whm, Brd/Nin, Whm/Sch(Hecuba). With just the three of us DD'ing, we were making 28k exp/hour. We were killing so fast that we cleared most the middle and bottom camps and STILL ran out of mobs, so we couldn't keep a chain up due to slow respawns. Sadly, all the cor did was rolls. They didn't toss out a single heal the entire party, and they didn't fire a single bullet nor draw their weapons at all... Shame we lost out on a little damage but it wouldn't have mattered much anyways. Even though we were all subbing Sam, Hecuba's awesome WHM never had less than 800 mp once in the entire pt.
As far as damage went, i was using engetsuto on WAR and pushing 1300-1900 penta thrusts while the drgs did 1000-2100 drakesbanes. Basically, the mobs died as soon as the brd pulled them to us lol.
Kill Wivre if you run out of mobs. I'm just going to assume you weren't because you were making 28k/hr. If you're killing fast enough to clear everything, including wivre, it's easily over 30k/hr
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 08:45:18  
I usually just like to go sam sam brd cor whm (or rdm) brd. Double minuet, double march, chaos roll, corsair's roll. Easily 30k hr+ if only 1 camp, higher if you have middle and bottom. I actually like dnc more than a second bard, it's just there are only a handful of good ones on any server, so I don't like to take chances.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-02 08:59:27  
You could go DNC and invite another SAM :P
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 09:38:42  
Bahamut.Dracondria said:
You could go DNC and invite another SAM :P
Not many sams that put as much into their polearm build than I do that I would rep myself with one tbh. One or two tops, really. Most don't even have polearm merited, can't support meat over sushi, ect ect.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2009-12-02 14:46:10  
lol i was in a party that got chain 100+ on brd healing songs when rdm d/ced
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-12-02 16:34:25  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Kill Wivre if you run out of mobs. I'm just going to assume you weren't because you were making 28k/hr. If you're killing fast enough to clear everything, including wivre, it's easily over 30k/hr

We were pulling mamool too.
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Tell your CORs to stop gimping themselves and sub a real job. /RNG /WAR /SAM /NIN all work. COR is more DD than people give it credit for...
COR/WHM sucks unless you really have nothing to do besides cure, or you desperately need erase and -na's.

The cor really wouldn't have contributed much damage at all anyways. After we got started i don't think a single bird was alive for more than 20 secs. That's not enough time for a cor to get TP... They'd be able to ws once every 3 or 4 birds, MAYBE. We were all at 50%+ haste, don't really feel like doing the math, but we had 1 march, all had hasso, haste spell, and our haste gear. Even if the cor was using joyeuse for tp gain, there's no way they would begin to keep up and everyone knows haste doesn't increase ranged attack speed. In the end, the cor would have contributed very little overall damage compared to the rest of us even if they had a DD sub. But it doesnt matter, the cor didn't do anything besides rolls and they were JP and wouldn't listen to what the EN players said.

In the end... a cor's little 1k ws's once every few fights would have made very little impact when the three of us were ws'ing every fight for 150-200% the damage they could have done. Argue all you want but a cor's strength is their buffs, not their medium damage. They did what they needed, and because of that we were able to perform better.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 16:36:24  
Birds, wivre, AND mamool? Pulling all 3, that's fine, CLEARING all 3, and only getting 28k/hr is what I'm calling BS on. That would be a ton more exp than that to be killing fast enough to clear birds and wivre + then pulling mamool on top of that while waiting on birds and wivre to repop.
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-12-02 16:36:56  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Birds, wivre, AND mamool? Pulling all 3, that's fine, CLEARING all 3, and only getting 28k/hr is what I'm calling BS on. That would be a ton more exp than that to be killing fast enough to clear birds and wivre then pulling mamool on top of that while waiting on birds and wivre to repop.
I didn't say wivre.

We talked about it, but the brd said it's not worth fighting them because the -50% attack down.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 16:38:32  
Well you said clear, so when you said we were pulling mamool too, I figured it was in addition to birds and wivre. K you didn't clear middle then lol. Clearing middle includes wivre. Was just about to edit my post though and say it would be possible if your cor was using some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE non corsair roll, lol.
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-12-02 16:39:19  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Well you said clear, so when you said we were pulling mamool too, I figured it was in addition to birds and wivre. K you didn't clear middle then lol. Clearing middle includes wivre. Was just about to edit my post though and say it would be possible if your cor was using some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE non corsair roll, lol.

Cor was using Fighters and Chaos roll.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 16:39:38  
As for the attack down, that's why you have erase >.>
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 16:40:06  
Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Figured as much. Fighter's/chaos if you want big numbers. Chaos/Corsair if you want the most exp/hr
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-12-02 16:42:46  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Figured as much. Fighter's/chaos if you want big numbers. Chaos/Corsair if you want the most exp/hr

We asked for chaos/corsair but all they said was a line in symbol-speech, then "www" to the one other JP person in the party, a DRG. They WERE using corsair roll, but only on themselves. Gave the WHM refresh and MP while resting rolls, then gave themselves corsair roll.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-12-02 16:42:54  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

Look how stupid you sound ... /WHM is pretty much everything you said for everyjob not just COR, which is useful for many situations. It's really personal prefference when it comes to Cor sub jobs, unless your Front line jobs suck.

Your post made no sense...whatsoever. lol

I have and use /whm...but it's not a job you sub when meriting on mamools...

MAYBE if you're doing birds/wivre and you need the erase...but on mamools? If you need healing THAT bad, then wtf are you doing in a merit party?
Only idiots come to Mamool camp with 1 healer.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 16:45:02  
Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

We asked for chaos/corsair but all they said was a line in symbol-speech, then "www" to the one other JP person in the party, a DRG. They WERE using corsair roll, but only on themselves. Gave the WHM refresh and MP while resting rolls, then gave themselves corsair roll.
/p {Fire Bomblett} Hiroshima
/pcmd leave
[+]
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-12-02 16:46:05  
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Only idiots come to Mamool camp with 1 healer.

I somewhat agree. A non-fail RDM can easily solo heal the mamool camps if the DD's aren't 100% inadequate, but most RDM suck at managing their mp. It's one of those jobs that EVERYONE levels, like SAM, so there are very few good ones out there percentage-wise.

I think they should revert sam back to what it was pre-toau, just to piss people off. Worst DD job ever, do you need it? :P
First Page 2 3