フォーラム » FFXI » General » Meripo > AF Burn
Meripo > AF Burn
 Leviathan.Shidobu
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Shidobu
By Leviathan.Shidobu 2009-12-25 08:21:33  
lol @ yall having to pay for pullers.

Gooo levi for being a boring lazy server.
 Asura.Humtum
サーバ: Asura
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 08:32:09  
i burned my rdm to 75. what a head *** it was trying to learn the job, lol i was terrible.

anyways it was amazing to see a job get to 75 in like a week but it takes the fun out off lvling the job, and no one wants your rdm since they know how terrible you are lol...and i really like rdm :(
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-25 08:45:39  
RDM doesnt' take much longer than a month anyways if you don't have to stop to farm for gear/level subs. Give or take a week. And you get to learn it as you go.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-25 08:48:28  
If you burn to 75 in a week though, you have 3 weeks to catch up to that month. If you spend the same amount of time focusing on lv 75 rdm, you'll be better off than someone who got practice at irrelevant levels, as we all know most, if not all jobs, take a huge curve at higher levels at how they are played.

If my friend were to give me a lv 75 rdm account, I would be able to easily learn the job quicker than starting from 1 and lv'ing to 75.
 Gilgamesh.Andras
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2009-12-25 08:48:55  
why do people become lazy in a video game?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-25 08:52:31  
The same reason ppl are lazy outside of a videogame? They want the fun only, only work when it's absolutely needed.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2009-12-25 08:53:21  
what has this world come to? lol

[+]
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 08:53:59  
your right i did learn my rdm in a week, i just felt guilty when a wiped out parties while i was trying to learn the job;p
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-25 09:06:19  
Fairy.Brenda said:
On the other hand, with the downtime of pulling and resets and such, if someone cant fully focus on a merit party, this does give them another option to get merits quickly, without having to 100% focus.

Heaven forbid you need to focus in an MMO.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-25 09:10:52  
If your argument is burning is bad because a person can burn a job to 75 and not know how to play it, it holds no water if you are burning to merit your jobs because its not like you learn how to play your job in merits and merits is a mind numbing process that is just a means to an end.
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 09:23:44  
i enjoy merit parties when i have nothing better to do, and IS is always a good thing. Burning my rdm to 75 was a lot of fun as well, but i didnt know the job at all when i hit 75. In saying that i know 75 rdm that did lvl the job through normal exp parties and still suck.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-25 09:24:06  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
If you burn to 75 in a week though, you have 3 weeks to catch up to that month. If you spend the same amount of time focusing on lv 75 rdm, you'll be better off than someone who got practice at irrelevant levels, as we all know most, if not all jobs, take a huge curve at higher levels at how they are played.

If my friend were to give me a lv 75 rdm account, I would be able to easily learn the job quicker than starting from 1 and lv'ing to 75.

I'm just saying, it doesn't take that much extra effort over burning it and you have your skills caught up, all your spells bought, and you know how to play it well by the first merit party.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-25 09:37:17  
Unless you lv w/ no lv sync at all, I doubt your skills will be capped either way. Of course, they will be higher than astral burn, but nowhere near a usable level by the time you ding 75.
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 09:44:50  
argh you reminded me of all the hours i spent casting enfeeble on sea mobs-.-
 Leviathan.Annanaki
サーバ: Leviathan
user: annanaki
By Leviathan.Annanaki 2009-12-25 10:13:58  
Izey said:
Well the big picture is....

Astral burn is the perfect way to get your typical jackass to 75 without ever join a regular party, this way they can pour their suckness upon unsuspecting players.

I wish I could understand this mindset. This game isn't hard at all and 95% people who lack the ability to play it would rather be ignorant than take advice on how to be better. These people will end up HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, *** up everyone's time/exp/whatever regardless of how they got their job to 75. Seriously, if you gave most decent players a brand new 75 that they'd never had before, it shouldn't be hard to pick up on what to do within a few hours tops.

Shiva.Darkshade said:
@Xantavia
You have RNG75. Void.
Who wants to merit with a rng. /pcmd leave or kick them unless they aren't a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE kclub(mkris?) rng. Maybe its just my experience with them, but I still haven't found a single rng that realizes pulling the mob away from everyone does not result in faster exp.
By Audra 2009-12-25 10:26:03  
Titan.Bromber said:
ok well you obviously have some problem with astral burns then because you get from 40-50k xp depending on the people you do it with and it takes 1 hour to pull/kill/wildcard. Ive done an astral burn an hour with non retards and pulled out 13 merits in 3.5 hours.

That's only 37k exp/hour. Get a PL with k club, hit up the sheeps in caedarva mire with a pt level synced to 55 or so, and get 45k+ exp/hour. Blm can 1 shot the chigoes with water III. When i did it i'd usually go with 3 blm's, rotating water III's with a brd and rdm for refreshes, and a cor for corsair's roll. There's pretty much always a chigoe there to be nuked, so you can actually chain as high as you have the patience for. Chain 1000? quite possible. The kills only take 6-8 seconds each if you're killing full speed, but you usually don't want to do that. You usually wanna give it 10 seconds or so.
 Shiva.Dinarii
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2009-12-25 10:49:54  
if yer only gettin 40k/hr in smn burn. yer doin it wrong. or just inefficiently. if you want to learn how to burn properly, go to ifrit. there's a few groups there who could bring in 80-90k/hr. 2 runs/hr 40-50k/run. yeh, merit pt getting that high? i think not.

<does not care about "cant play the job if u dont level it right" bs. bc seriously. it's stupid. stop crying.
 Phoenix.Sector
サーバ: Phoenix
user: futchy
By Phoenix.Sector 2009-12-25 11:43:10  
Merit PTs are only good if you like them and you want to stare at your screen for hours.

SMN burn is great because you dont have to pay attention, and in a good group where its mostly ls ppl also and u have 4-5 pullers because the smns pull too. You get easily 60k/hour. Each puller pulls 1 path, you flow, reset, and repeat. Altho those parties are very rare because some ppl in ls are lazy. Even your average 2-3 puller setup can get 40k/hour without having to deticate all your time to doing 1 thing non-stop.

Unless your RDM WHM or Lazy BRD meriting with bot on to auto-buff / cure. Then you have to focus all of your time on 1 thing.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-25 11:47:04  
Audra said:
Titan.Bromber said:
ok well you obviously have some problem with astral burns then because you get from 40-50k xp depending on the people you do it with and it takes 1 hour to pull/kill/wildcard. Ive done an astral burn an hour with non retards and pulled out 13 merits in 3.5 hours.

That's only 37k exp/hour. Get a PL with k club, hit up the sheeps in caedarva mire with a pt level synced to 55 or so, and get 45k exp/hour. Blm can 1 shot the chigoes with water III. When i did it i'd usually go with 3 blm's, rotating water III's with a brd and rdm for refreshes, and a cor for corsair's roll. There's pretty much always a chigoe there to be nuked, so you can actually chain as high as you have the patience for. Chain 1000? quite possible. The kills only take 6-8 seconds each if you're killing full speed, but you usually don't want to do that. You usually wanna give it 10 seconds or so.

LOL You're so doing it wrong hahahahah

Edit: yeah I accidentally musta hit enter on selected text 'cause I had a full explanation of getting 55-60k/hr on those sheep at 51+ >_>;
By Izey 2009-12-25 12:38:44  
Asura.Humtum said:
lol sectum i noticed your job at this current momment is drg/blu ;p

YES MAJORITY, its obvious I'm not 9yrs old isnt it ;p
By Izey 2009-12-25 12:39:27  
Oh snap lol refering to Sectum but, my current job is also DRg/BLU haha!
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-12-25 12:39:57  
I know I haven't played in a few months but did they nerf smn burns or something? smn burns were always 50k/hr+ and I see people talking about 20-30k/hr ?

edit -- yeah I checked. My screenshots show one 54k in a single pull and we could get 2 pulls off in an hour if wild card's landed first try >.> Even a bad 25-30k pull with two per hour is better than any normal merit pt I had. Unless things have changed in the past few months I'd think it was still the best and least mindnumbing exp.

and if I remember right, it was always the people who couldn't get a burn pt together who jumped on the anti-smn burn bandwagon.
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-25 12:40:49  
its still 50-60k if you have 2 good pullers
By Izey 2009-12-25 12:43:16  
See Humtum proved my point
Asura.Humtum said:
your right i did learn my rdm in a week, i just felt guilty when a wiped out parties while i was trying to learn the job;p

People burnin a job to 75 just to poor their suckness on unsuspecting players ; ;
[+]
By Izey 2009-12-25 12:45:22  
And I highly doubt you leanred RDM in a week, not that you cant, its just that RDM is not like BLM or WHM, which both are more than what meets the eye at times, but RDM is a much deeper much more complicated job that should definetally not be burned. I managed to kill RDM Maat for my brother on my 2nd try of even playing RDM, but thats cause I researched specifically how to do it, and practiced, so its easy to get the basic aspects of a job down, but I definetally didnt know what spells were affected by what how and why XD!
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-25 12:46:23  
if you have a hard time learning how to haste, refresh your self and cure in merit parties, you have other issues then.
By Izey 2009-12-25 12:52:01  
Fairy.Brenda said:
if you have a hard time learning how to haste, refresh your self and cure in merit parties, you have other issues then.

Theres alot more to RDM than that ; ;
Don't say that to the guy!
(Yes even in merit PTs D=)
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-25 12:54:44  
What else is there to do in merit parties? lol

Im well aware there is more then that to RDM but generally in most party situations, thats all there is.

Leveling the job up in parties isnt going to teach you how to chainstun or solo or tank.
 Gilgamesh.Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2009-12-25 13:01:15  
my friend got his brd to 75 this way... of all jobs...
[+]
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-25 13:45:38  
Asura.Humtum said:
argh you reminded me of all the hours i spent casting enfeeble on sea mobs-.-

BTW. just tossing this in to anyone who burns a mage to 75 and doesn't want to spend forever skilling magic. jump on your 75rdm and do a besieged chainspell>>(whatever spell you need skilled)>> revitalizer>>repeat lol