Hello, Would You Be Willing To Help Settle A Bet?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
hello, would you be willing to help settle a bet?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Envious
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 07:04:17  
DNC isn't useless, anywhere you would use a TP burn type pt it is one of the best jobs. RDM BRD COR DNC DD DD > RDM BRD COR DD DD DD.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-02 07:12:24  
Asura.Humtum said:
Drg is not lol, the problem is too many gimp players lvl it

I find DRGs have the absolute worst /p macros ever. That or SMN.
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 07:14:46  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Asura.Humtum said:
Drg is not lol, the problem is too many gimp players lvl it

I find DRGs have the absolute worst /p macros ever. That or SMN.

I SUMMON FORTH THEE GOD OF FLAMES AND MAGMA! IFRIT!

Like that? :D
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-02 07:26:15  
make it stop
 Fairy.Usua
サーバ: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-02 07:33:08  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
make it stop
MNK boost macros are better.

Edit: Like the one in this old thread.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5956#319767
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-01-02 07:59:33  
LOL

NO!

And Before anyone QQ's let me just say this. Any time someone goes out and gets the absolute best DD gear for a job, I pray that they can be a "Good" DD at damn bird camps...Seriously it's an EXP pt. You go out and fight the weakest mob that is of a higher level to gain XP fast. That's why we don't merit on Dahaks. You will never in your life catch a DNC at any EG event or at any HNM and have them claiming to be a "Good" DD. And anyone who thinks they have a good DD DNC, why don't you go up to Faf and get me a screen shot of you failing Dancing Edge please.

For those of you that TL;DR

Almost any job can DD birds.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-01-02 08:40:12  
Siren.Ashkente said:
You're all wrong. It's a HYBRID job. It is healer, tank, support, and dd. It doesn't excel at any of them, but can do them all.

This ^
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 08:48:35  
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Siren.Ashkente said:
You're all wrong. It's a HYBRID job. It is healer, tank, support, and dd. It doesn't excel at any of them, but can do them all.

This ^

Ok then! PLD is a hybrid job, DRK is a hybrid job etc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-02 08:57:22  
Siren.Agles said:
the quetion is "would you call DNC a DD job?"

Any job that can equip a weapon can be a DD job. (Hint: All of them.)

I think the question you really should ask is:

"Is DNC a good DD?"

To which the answer is "no."
 Garuda.Mameshiba
サーバ: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-02 09:42:34  
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Asura.Envious said:

If you're not using polearm on SAM at birds urdoinitrong.

Most SAM's I've met don't even have polearm skilled, so that's no surprise.
so you're keeping up with ***DD's then, not good ones. Let's not get confuzzled

I would hardly call Hagun SAMs or Ridill WAR's ***DD's. I've merited with and kept up with both. It sounds like you're the one who is "confuzzled." Also, you should make a habit of reading an entire post before making such wide sweeping remarks. It was specifically in regards to polearm spike dmg on birds being consistently high. A properly geared DNC really shouldn't have any problem keeping up with any DD on birds.

You can keep with Hagun SAM's dmg and Ridill WAR's as what? DRK?
Judging by your DRK gear, mine is slightly superior here and there, and I sure can't keep up with their damage.
Since I'm geared as blm on my profile, I'll link you my gear through allakhazam
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?138697

Consider my capped scythe and great sword skill too if that's of any help (different build for GS being assault earring, ulthalam's and Naglering).

I'm nowhere near a perfect geared DRK, but I think I'm above the average DRK and I can safely say that I cannot keep up with Ridill WAR's and Hagun SAM's dmg.

You really sure about that statement?

*edit*
as I re-read this post, I think it sounds very arrogant and mean.
Don't get me wrong Faiye, I'm not here to crush your confidence or spread my e-peen to the whole world.
I just want to know if you're really capable of keeping up with Hagun SAM's and WAR's Ridill dmg... because if you really can, there's something clearly wrong with me.

Sorry if I really did sound arrogant, not mean to be hurtful.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 09:54:00  
I can :O never had any problems.

EDIT: Item sets are on profile, might not be 100% updated though and I've generalised a lot of them. I have a lot of builds. I had no problem keeping up before Ebody etc either.

Hell, my THF can beat Hagun SAMs and Ridills at birds. Polearm SAMs though... uh oh.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-02 09:55:13  
Then I'm gonna QQ in a corner now.

*edit*
Maybe I forgot this but I don't mean to say in birds camp only, I'm saying general purpose. Merits, HNM's, stuff.

It's easy for a DRK who is Kraken Club-less to keep up with their dmg?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 10:01:13  
Personal experience means little, but I haven't had any issues :( you'll just have to take my word for it because I can't find the parse I'm talking about, but in an Einherjar parse I came only behind relics (we had 2 Apoc / 1 Amano there). Against me were 2 Ebody WAR/SAMs and an Ebody Ridill and a few SAMs and stuff. Was ApkalluVendetta LS on Bahamut so people were very well geared.

EDIT: You haven't filled in your merits :( if you're 5 LR Recast/Effect 5DE/5DB you should do fine. 5 SE Recast instead of LR Effect if you get to use Souleater (typically I don't ; ;)

EDIT2: Your gear is good, but consider using Turban/Blitz Ring/Pizza. Homam or ACP legs would also add about 6%+ damage to you when haste buffs are high. I know it feels weird using Moli without the ring but Blitz Ring is a great utility piece. DRK is all about pumping haste. Make sure you're using as much haste as possible without overshooting during Last Resort! You can do an obscene amount of damage in those 30 seconds.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-02 10:08:24  
Thanks for the inputs Raenryong
Yes I have 5 LR Effect and recast and 5 DB.

And yeah, I use marinara pizza, not using turban/blitz though.
And I really lack homam or Shantoto legs right now or I'd be using as well. As a matter of fact, 5 years of FFXI and I never got any homam (thus I tried to replace the lack of homam with other haste I could find. I'm actually using Askar Dirs, forgot to update there).

I also don't have Perdu Sickle or I'd consider Blitz ring really (working on it righ tnow).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 10:13:52  
Yeah, I didn't mean to be mocking about the Homam; I know how annoying it is to get. That's probably why you can't quite keep up; it's not anything against you, but when they're sporting those Haste5 pants, you're already in the dust if you don't have comparable ones of your own.

If you're using pizza, definitely use Turban. It may seem like such a minor thing but the odd % differences you make over your gear all add up over time, and Askar is really only good if you can't cap accuracy (pizza basically negating this issue entirely).

And yeah, Perdu is very sexy :) Moliones is great too. Assuming accuracy remains capped (which it should with Pizza on most stuff) without the 5 acc, Rajas/Blitz > Rajas/Moliones even for Moli Sickle. Feels weird again I know, but you can always use Rajas/Moliones for WS (and should really) so it's not as if it's a waste :)

Again, I don't want to sound patronising or anything, just giving my honest input. A lot of people consider DRK a second-rate DD but I genuinely think it's more or less on par with the other top tier DDs; the differences being small enough that personal skill/attention can entirely make or break it. It won't beat other jobs in their niches (Polearm SAM on birds etc) but other jobs won't beat us in OUR niche so I consider us even there :D
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-02 10:17:26  
No, I'm grateful for the tips.
I care a lot about DRK and I want to be better at it.

I'll try to re-arrange my gear and see if I can finally obtain some haste in my pants then, as naughty as it sounds.
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 10:17:49  
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 10:19:22  
Such is the fate of all forum threads eventually :(

EDIT: If you want an idea about the Askar vs Turban thing additionally though, I have an Ace's Helm which rarely gets used these days unless I'm using a Red Curry build at non-capped accuracy. Pizza really is -that- good.

At the very least, you can macro in Blitz/Turban in 95% of situations when Diabolic Eye is up. Probably a more offensive weaponskill build too ~ just remember Diabolic Eye is not just +20 accuracy - it is +20 potential accuracy swaps for more offensive stats :)
[+]
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 10:24:26  
Tell me buffs/gear and I'll tell you askar ~> turban damage increase!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 10:31:17  
95% accuracy, Moli is what, 95? D... let's say fSTR of 10 which isn't too unreasonable for a Moli user. 105 total D, so 4str => 0.95% DoT only so 0.475% total damage increase (using 50/50 split), 3atk => slightly greater than 0.6% DoT only, so ~0.3% damage increase.

1% Haste on 13% gear + 20% Marchx2 + 15% Haste spell, so 48 => 49%, which is 1/51 = +1.96% DoT + WS frequency, so +1.96% damage increase. Total damage increase = ~1.2%.

Obviously more when you factor in more Haste, during Last Resort etc etc
By semimmortal 2010-01-02 10:39:52  
Since when did lolmerit camps evaluates whether your job's a good DD or not?

And no, it's not a pure DD.

As someone mentioned. It's more of a hybrid DD job.
Yes, it can put in some decent damaging numbers. Higher than some certain jobs, but not as good as the real DD jobs.

Oh, and if we stuck to "yes" or "no" only without reasoning, then OP, I think you need to go back to school and learn how to debate again.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Envious
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-02 12:28:36  
The general overview of people is a no, with a very scarce amount saying yes and trying to justify that yes.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-01-02 12:29:47  
Siren.Agles said:
i guess everyone here totally missed the point of a yes or no answer. then took the topic and ran off with it. so now at this point, what ever would been learned from this is useless.

thank you all. im guess i know not to ask for plain info here any more.

Agles

i think 5 pages is enough to safely say you lost the bet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2010-01-02 12:47:59  
*** you. The *** first page answered your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** question.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-02 13:03:19  
It is a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to throw out a topic and expect there not to be discussion between answers and explanations of said answers amongst posters. Lots of people answered with a yes or a no, but wanted to at least justify such black and white answers with explanations. If anything I'd be grateful.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-02 13:11:56  
Have you ever heard of the expression "***is situational" and how much it relates to this game? How can you EVER expect a yes or no answer to be satisfactory and then *** that we're not stupid enough to see things in black and white? Get out.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 13:24:05  
Siren.Agles said:
i guess everyone here totally missed the point of a yes or no answer. then took the topic and ran off with it. so now at this point, what ever would been learned from this is useless.

thank you all. im guess i know not to ask for plain info here any more.

Agles
ZOMG nooooo they had a discussion. I am defeated!!!
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-02 13:47:09  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
It is a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to throw out a topic and expect there not to be discussion between answers and explanations of said answers amongst posters. Lots of people answered with a yes or a no, but wanted to at least justify such black and white answers with explanations. If anything I'd be grateful.

Thank you, someone said it.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11