Am I Planning It Right?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Am I planning it right?
Am I planning it right?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-15 13:26:10  
1. there is no at least. These sheild don't have variable stats.

2. Terror Shield has 1 more emnity then Koenig Shield and the same amount as Kaiser Shield

Now that that is over... So let me get this straight. When comparing terror to wivre the 1 emnity difference hardly matters but the 7 def does. But when comparing terror to Koenig the 1 emnity difference does matter and the 2 def difference does? So whats your cutoff in emnity vs def on a shield? 3 to 1? 4 to 1?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 13:26:53  
Guess once I get atonement I'll have to use my TP build from when I go out as /dnc and check this ***out. Cause if what your saying is true about this Bahamut.Raenryong (sorry quote not working) maybe I'll appreciate it more.

Ugh! Even if I could get to floor 10 I'd be happy. On a good day I can knock out about 300 WS pts in a little over and hour doing light.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-15 13:29:13  
Whether or not 1% haste will reduce your recast a second is to do with you buffs and other haste gear, you can't simply state 1% isn't enough.

Following that argument you wouldn't gear for haste at all (silly extreme example, but you see my point).
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-15 13:31:51  
im saying if a piece doesn't break tier its useless. Look at Blitz ring. Why do people get it? to break tier. thats all
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-15 13:31:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

2. Terror Shield has 1 more emnity then Koenig Shield and the same amount as Kaiser Shield

Now that that is over... So let me get this straight. When comparing terror to wivre the 1 emnity difference hardly matters but the 7 def does. But when comparing terror to Koenig the 1 emnity difference does matter and the 2 def difference does? So whats your cutoff in emnity vs def on a shield? 3 to 1? 4 to 1?
HP is always variable. Adding more max HP means you lose less enmity when you get hit or lose a shadow. But adding 20 HP when your max HP is 1000 is a 2% increase whereas adding 20 HP to 2000 is a 1% increase. As long as your HP is less than 2000, Terror Shield adds at least 1 equivalent enmity through HP. Most PLDs I see hover in the 1500-1700 range so roughly 5.5 equivalent enmity on Terror Shield.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-01-15 13:32:35  
i also like 30 hp/mp ... just saying ya know
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 13:33:57  
@ Kujata.Argettio
You know you're right, I have all the gear to this, it's honestly a matter of macros. I need to play around with spellcast or something like that. Cause right now I still use the 20 macros per page, 6 lines per macro deal and there's only so much I can fit into one macro set. It would be a lot easier if I grasped spellcast so my gear would change automatically for whatever situation.

Except the fact Askar head looks better than some old turban.

Just like the fact I wouldn't be caught dead in a subligar.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-01-15 13:35:05  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
@ Kujata.Argettio
You know you're right, I have all the gear to this, it's honestly a matter of macros. I need to play around with spellcast or something like that. Cause right now I still use the 20 macros per page, 6 lines per macro deal and there's only so much I can fit into one macro set. It would be a lot easier if I grasped spellcast so my gear would change automatically for whatever situation.

pft i walk around in a turban and subligar onry. and actually i like the turban better that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE gold spike annoys me.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 13:35:30  
Ramuh.Urial said:
I'm just gonna say, "to each his own"
Pld is unlike every other, because its a lot harder to measure what it's doing. Gear should be based on what the player is comfortable with using, yet is also effective enough to get the job done. Simple as that.
QFT!
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-15 13:35:58  
"Tiers" only exist on recast (as they have to whole numbers) but your melee swing rate can any fraction of a second, so for meleeing, more haste is always better than less haste (unless you are losing lots of acc, which in the turban/askar case you are not).

And as you are not losing any enmity, more haste is always better for spells (again only applicable to the turban/askar case)

ninja edit for stupidity
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-15 13:36:14  
ya, windower macros makes PLD macros easy. And they are super simple to make. Spellcast... never got into that.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 13:37:01  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
@ Kujata.Argettio

pft i walk around in a turban and subligar onry. and actually i like the turban better that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE gold spike annoys me.
Only acceptable if you are female (subligar part). :P
Gold is bling bling y0!
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-15 13:37:52  
@ Argettio
Yes! exactly what i am saying. If you don;t break tier for spells the piece is useless. That was my original argument at least... sorry if it seemed that i was putting haste down for DD....
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-15 13:39:00  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I'll be gimp before I wear a subligar.

I don't mind the turban. I'm used to it on WHM.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-15 13:40:04  
Kujata.Argettio said:
"Tiers" only exist on recast (as they have to whole numbers) but your melee swing rate can any fraction of a second, so for meleeing, more haste is always better than less haste (unless you are losing lots of acc, which in the turban/askar case you are not).

And as you are not losing any enmity, more haste is always better for spells (again only applicable to the turban/askar case)

ninja edit for stupidity
Siren.Talonn said:
@ Argettio
Yes! exactly what i am saying. If you don;t break tier for spells the piece is useless. That was my original argument at least... sorry if it seemed that i was putting haste down for DD....

That's not exactly what you are saying...
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-15 13:42:21  
There's not even tiers for spells. If you could see the milliseconds, then you'd see 1% is an increase even if it didn't take away a full second.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-15 13:43:43  
Kujata.Argettio said:
"Tiers" only exist on recast (as they have to whole numbers) but your melee swing rate can any fraction of a second, so for meleeing, more haste is always better than less haste
Thought it was truncated to the tenth of a second?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 13:43:56  
I'm just glad no one said wtf is a Fowling Earring doing on your PLD, LOL! Idk how it got there oO!
Should be a hades earring with a sweet agi+2 augment, but idk what happened that day.

Just like the one dynamis I did with that crappy augmented potent belt that one time. I thought the hate seemed funny that run. Wasn't until an hour after I got I was like wtf is doing on, OH! thats why.

The easiest gear macro to do is the parade gorget to ritter gorget for JAs, vokes, flashes, and cures. Past that, I try to make it simple until I use windower stuff.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-15 13:44:18  
Not entirely true, during some haste testing on BG it was suggest (with pretty strong supporting evidence) that spell recast is round up to the nearest second.

I will look for the link
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 13:45:43  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I'll be gimp before I wear a subligar.

I don't mind the turban. I'm used to it on WHM.
Word.
Turban's a good look for a WHM.

Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-15 13:49:43  
ok so.... back to what i said on like page 2...

Flash: Haste -> Fast Cast -> Enmity (Flash has high base enmity gain)

that was my entire argument on the whole haste thing....
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-15 19:03:30  
wow, what happened when I went to sleep? did the short bus lose a few kids in here? lol
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-15 19:57:25  
Remora.Abriel said:
wow, what happened when I went to sleep? did the short bus lose a few kids in here? lol

Just a couple.
 Asura.Humtum
サーバ: Asura
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-15 21:39:41  
i noticed people commenting on swords, its all situational really. for example Tinnin can be really brutal if you allow it to build tp so using a joytoy would be very effective since you would hit for 0 most of the time, or you could use Macuahuitl +1 and just face him for more enmity, anyways my pld set changes all the time depending on the mob.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-16 03:03:25  
Well, PLD is not an amazing tank for Tinnin anyway. However, if you're going to then I wouldn't use Joyeuse either because Atonement is ineffective. In those cases I would recommend Macua+1, Sinfender or even lolHauteclaire.
 Bahamut.Jouliont
user: Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-01-16 03:44:25  
I have a question about the controversy over haste over shield skill. W/ all my run-ins with EG, Haste and shield has always been an issue and on here, it seems to be the same issue. lol. Is there a certain amount of shield skill to even consider rely on shield skill to help with putting up ichi? imo, It's just safer to cap recast which is at 50% first. Normally, I don't rely on koening head to save me when I tank. Usually, just being able to cap recast w/ marchx2 and 15% haste x 2 is enough to simply worry about shadows like a BLU or NIN tank.

Also, if you are able to keep hate and not die, you're not doing it wrong, right? I always get bitched at b/c I only wanted to tank if I didn't have to buy gear. I used the setup of askar hands and sentinel shield. 3% haste 4 enmity over the usual dusk glove and koening to cast shadows in which is 3% haste 3 enmity. Although the first one you lose a lot of DEF. This was strictly for gods and I was always main tank or a BLU/NIN was main tank.
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-16 03:51:39  
haste is not to important on ichi, you want to fill your slots with w/e fast cast you can get and the rest with shield skill. i have never used sentinel shield myself, i guess if you were struggling with haste for NI it would be a good option
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: goose11
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-16 03:56:13  
Siren.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Blah Blah

HP is always variable. Adding more max HP means you lose less enmity when you get hit or lose a shadow. But adding 20 HP when your max HP is 1000 is a 2% increase whereas adding 20 HP to 2000 is a 1% increase. As long as your HP is less than 2000, Terror Shield adds at least 1 equivalent enmity through HP. Most PLDs I see hover in the 1500-1700 range so roughly 5.5 equivalent enmity on Terror Shield.
That extra "enmity"(hp) you talk about only applies when you get hit which you already stated, shouldn't happen often enough to make a difference on pld/nin. If it did then you bring the whole vit/def back into play, so your hp point is moot. Oh yeah, losing a shadow is a static enmity loss, hp doesn't effect it.

http://kanican.livejournal.com/13848.html Something everyone should read, but for aspiring plds, its a must.
[+]
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-16 04:18:05  
at the end of the day, if your a good /nin tank you wont get hit to notice the vit and terror shield is like 2 mil cheaper
 Bahamut.Artemiz
user: Artemiz
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2010-01-16 11:05:09  
@Jouliont as quotes don't seem to be working

I started with the LS Jouliont is referring to just as he left it and I learned a lot tanking with Janeth (blu/nin). Janeth is the best co-tank I've ever had the pleasure to tank with and to help matters Minimax was the best whm too. As a result I didn't wear any shield gear at all for those god fights (I kept it in a oshi.. macro but never once used it). From very early on in the fight my Atonement would land for 700+ dmg but I still couldn't dominate hate with Janeth around so the mobs just spent the whole time trying to work out who to swat first, me or Janeth, and as a result swatting neither. I don't remember one occasion where anyone other than the 2 tanks had hate, that might just be my rose coloured spectacles though.

That LS proved to me time and time again that with a good enough co-tank and a whm who gets enfeebs off asap shield gear is pointless for 99% of the fight.

What I do now with shield gear on big fights is make sure I have 50% haste and then add shield gear everywhere else for my ichi cast, feet are a good example as you can get 10/12 shield skill by swapping out 2/3% haste which can be made up in other places. Ni is easier to gear as you can just pile on haste and don't sorry about shield skill.

As for people who think Atonement is overated or something then I'd say they just haven't seen a good enough pld using it. Just like Raenryong said above, a good pld should be hitting for close to maximim damage from very early on in the fight. My biggest problem to get over is if my co-tank can keep up, if they can't I end up single tanking, take a hit as a result and lose a chunk of enmity from CE bleed. If I wait for the other tank then hate isn't nearly solid enough for my liking and sometimes the melee or blm's take a hit. It's for this reason I'm not a big fan of pld and rdm tanking teams, rdm is an amazing tank but it takes too long to get hate built up in my opinion which holds me back too, obviously towards the end of the fight rdm is an amazing tank but it compromises me quite a bit waiting for them.

Atonement is not easy to get the most use out of, it requires the pld has a very solid tp build (most aren't even close) and it needs the pld to be much more "gung-ho" which means you need a good co-tank and top class support. You also need things like a cheat cure macro to push hate fast and a good enmity build etc... As a result I have no doubt what so ever that many pld's get meh results from atonement, dismiss it and put a macu +1 on instead. Get it right though and Atonement will blow your mind. Problem is to make the most out of it there is only so much the pld can do on his own.
[+]