フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD legs
PLD legs
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Tealsic
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tealsic
By Leviathan.Tealsic 2010-01-18 04:18:26  
Dont have pld lvled but gunna help make a friends pld better. I need to know what other legs are good for pld other than homam(doesnt have sea access yet).
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-01-18 04:33:49  
The Shantotto's expansion's legs with Haste+3 Physical damage -7%, or Enmity+4 augments.

Or Askar Dirs for 15MP 15HP and 4Acc 4Atk

Never, never ever ever ever think of Adaman please ... it's like Domaru for Sam you get bitched at wearing it
[+]
 Leviathan.Tealsic
By Leviathan.Tealsic 2010-01-18 04:35:42  
lol thanx
 Quetzalcoatl.Champ
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Champ
By Quetzalcoatl.Champ 2010-01-18 05:02:03  
Iron ram hose is not a bad option either. +4 enmity +4 magic def bonus +25 HP but for haste its either homams or expansion legs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-01-18 05:04:03  
Oh yea the Iron Ram Set is very nice as well, for Magic Defense
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-01-18 05:06:44  
*coughCrimson Cuissescough* for kiting and such, they're amazing... but thats aside from the point. Like Champ said, IR hose are real nice as they can double as an MDef setup piece as well, and the ASA legs are real nice, for movement speed + enmity, or enmity + phys/mgc dmg taken-. AF legs are good til then, as someone else said loladaman, and the relic are decent, for /nin casting and cures maybe.
 Leviathan.Tealsic
By Leviathan.Tealsic 2010-01-18 05:17:48  
Yeah i was just building a znm ls and friend is pld but he wears that fugly purple stuff so trying to get him geard for stuff like gotoh, armed gears, achamoth, and other various T3's so i think ill make his *** get the IR gear
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-18 05:24:38  
I'd hold off on the expansion legs 'till he knows what else is available, best option on them is haste/acc as there are already pants for enmity/-%damage/haste/movement speed/hp, basically any relevant pld stat (haste/acc is going to benefit his other melee jobs that can't use haidate if he has any).

darksteel(+1) for your standard engaged piece, iron ram for hate abilitys/spells (also iron ram or coral scale for magic set depending on other gear), askar or haste+acc mkd legs for /nin tanking if there's no danger from tping on the enemy (spirits within still generates decent hate if he doesn't have atonement yet, will still need to use cure cheats). these 3/4 pieces should be able to hold him off 'till he's got access to homam.
 Bahamut.Artemiz
user: Artemiz
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2010-01-18 12:00:43  
Aurum Cuisses are good for pld and as they drop from Gotoh anyway they might be a good option for your friend. Homam are better obviously but +7 accuracy is nice for pld legs.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-18 12:15:33  
Leviathan.Tealsic said:
Dont have pld lvled but gunna help make a friends pld better. I need to know what other legs are good for pld other than homam(doesnt have sea access yet).
Dusk+1 legs, because they have the most DEF so obviously they're the best.

/sarcasm

Moreso than anything, the best I can suggest is to get Sea access. For 3/5 main slots (Hands, legs, feet), Homam is the absolute best option to idle in.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-18 13:13:17  
quote(can't get it to work... lol) >>> Eternius: "Moreso than anything, the best I can suggest is to get Sea access. For 3/5 main slots (Hands, legs, feet), Homam is the absolute best option to idle in."

actually that's only if you're able to TP on your enemy and hast+acc mkd legs still beat homam cosciales. gear like darksteel+1 or coral scale+1 is nearly impossible to beat for general gear in those slots when you can't put atonement/spirits to use (aside from askar gambieras), after those options homam is one of the more viable gear choices because of it's +hp. generally -%damage gear takes the cake for an 'idle' set any time tping on the enemy isn't an option with +hp gear being the next best thing along with +shield gear.

note: I use the word 'idle' lightly now because some people like to argue semantics, in this case it refers to engaged w/o taking action.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-18 13:19:10  
When is TPing on the mob not viable? In most cases, it should not only be viable, but also highest-priority. Since Most PLDs are /NIN nowadays, PDT is becoming less useful and tanking in ACC/Haste gear is becoming the norm. Atonement is one of the best Enmity-producing things a PLD has, and as such is one of the best ways to guarantee the NM stays on you and not someone else. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that's what PLD is supposed to do. And nothing helps PLD do that better than Homam.

Plus, Homam pants have Haste+3 and Fast Cast+4 so they're obviously much better than other options for Utsusemi.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-01-18 13:26:20  
lets see i use
Homam for face to face tanking/idle/fc
Crimson for kiting
IR Hose for MDB non kite mobs (jol etc)
and Nimue's Tights (got for COR prior to Denali Legs, but double up on them with PLD just for Citadel Buster Set)
Quote:
note: I use the word 'idle' lightly now because some people like to argue semantics, in this case it refers to engaged w/o taking action.
depends on what your tanking, preferably i "idle" in haste/acc gear for atonement spam
other things like JoL,JoH,JoFaith,Kirin (magic spammers) etc have "idle" sets for -MDT%/-PDT% gear
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-18 13:33:29  
Siren.Enternius said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that's what PLD is supposed to do. And nothing helps PLD do that better than Homam.

Plus, Homam pants have Haste 3 and Fast Cast 4 so they're obviously much better than other options for Utsusemi.

You're wrong. Idle=Not engaged to mob. Use refresh/-PDT gear. Use Acc/haste for your engaged set.

Ontopic:

Darksteel +1 for idle
Oily Trousers for engaged
IR for enmity actions
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-18 13:41:21  
because macros don't exist? yes, they (homam cosciales) are the best for utsusemi, but I thought this discussion was about 'idle' gear.

in most cases tping will be an option, but this isn't always the case because it may be too dangerous to feed the enemy tp or the enemy being magic resistant. another time you may not want to use a tp build is when solo tanking some enemies that wouldn't be as dangerous with a co-tank, as you're not getting any backup to relieve utsu. timers that may be killed by unlucky rounds of double/triple attacks or bad tp moves used in succession.

in either case, I probably should have put more emphasis into my suggestion of -%damage gear being for these circumstances.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-01-18 13:41:29  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
You're wrong. Idle=Not engaged to mob.

couldn't have said it better myself :D
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-01-18 14:07:41  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Nimue's Tights for Citadel Buster Set
Do you use a full light resist set for CB?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-18 14:09:43  
I love it when people ask for gear advice and explicitly state NO SEA ACCESS, and people recommend Homam, etc. LOL!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-18 14:19:43  
Without Sea I'd recommend these in this order:
Valor Breeches
Iron Ram Hose
Aurum Cuisses
[+]
 Ifrit.Phlow
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-01-18 14:22:42  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
You're wrong. Idle=Not engaged to mob.

couldn't have said it better myself :D

Every time I refer to paladin idle gear, I'm meaning when I'm not doing anything but still engaged, so I probably would have been tripped up on that terminology as well.

There's very VERY few instances in which I will disengage and not kite (chances are, if I'm not melee'ing it, no one needs to be melee'ing it, so I will kite), and even in those instances I most likely will be in a cast/enmity set rather than a PDT for my shadows and cures. Which is why I don't have a name for a set that would focus on this.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-18 14:24:27  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Valor Breeches
Iron Ram Hose
Aurum Cuisses

fulltiming any single piece on pld, legs or otherwise, is the wrong answer
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-18 14:25:47  
Ifrit.Phlow said:
when I'm not doing anything but still engaged

This.

but on topic, IR are probably the best legs you can get atm, unless you are working on the ASA expansion. Also there's nothing wrong with adaman aside from looking horrible
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-18 14:40:05  
eh, ada. legs don't look that bad, at least you can definately say they're black and not go into the debate of whether it's blue or purple, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-18 14:42:59  
Yeah I can't think of too many circumstances where no one should melee is even related to you should kite. Generally you kite cause the mob cast alot. Generally you don't melee cause you don't have the support to keep on eating it's tp moves so you slow down the rate at which tp is given. 2 totally different circumstances
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-18 15:09:21  
Remora.Abriel said:
eh, ada. legs don't look that bad, at least you can definately say they're black and not go into the debate of whether it's blue or purple, lol.

Purple!
 Ifrit.Phlow
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-01-18 15:10:17  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah I can't think of too many circumstances where no one should melee is even related to you should kite. Generally you kite cause the mob cast alot. Generally you don't melee cause you don't have the support to keep on eating it's tp moves so you slow down the rate at which tp is given. 2 totally different circumstances

If there's enough obstacles in the way, you can play with the AI's pathing and miss hits. The only circumstance in which I'm actually not messing with the pathing would be when I want to plan the *** down and let people melee it.

EDIT:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Purple!

Ultramarine Blue!

[+]
 Pandemonium.Natasdrol
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Natasdrol 2010-01-18 15:14:49  
"Quote: Abriel - Remora" because macros don't exist? yes, they (homam cosciales) are the best for utsusemi, but I thought this discussion was about 'idle' gear.

in most cases tping will be an option, but this isn't always the case because it may be too dangerous to feed the enemy tp or the enemy being magic resistant. another time you may not want to use a tp build is when solo tanking some enemies that wouldn't be as dangerous with a co-tank, as you're not getting any backup to relieve utsu. timers that may be killed by unlucky rounds of double/triple attacks or bad tp moves used in succession.

in either case, I probably should have put more emphasis into my suggestion of -%damage gear being for these circumstances.

you can not assume that every healer uses "blink me not" blinking in and out of main slot gear is risky. and if you are worried about a pld feeding a mob too much tp that it matters to much then maybe you should back off some of the DDs lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-18 15:15:11  
Blurple!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-18 15:24:17  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Valor Breeches
Iron Ram Hose
Aurum Cuisses
Forgot teal you're starting a ZNM ls so yeah that last one doesn't count yet, lol! If you can, obviously wlegs for kiting, but I've kited the gears before without them so it's up to you.

Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-01-18 15:42:00  
Speaking of the Adaman set...

It's a viable option these days to gather the body and legs (the two most popular slots in this set) from ANNMs, as their augmented versions are really pretty nice. Not exactly full-time pieces for either slot (unless you really just have nothing else, i guess), but really good parts.

Example, the body can get +8 shield skill. Legs can get Magic Dmg Taken -2%. Both stats are situationally useful, so definitely something to look at.
First Page 2 3