Quickest EXP Party Beside Meripos
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Orphanos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user:
By Cerberus.Orphanos 2008-10-29 21:12:34
| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Ok just giving this info to everyone, thought others would like to know this. From doing this technique I have went from level 26-61 BRD in 8 days, only partying 2-3 hours a day max. The resust is about 13-15k/hour. Ok this is what you need to do. Make a 18-20 ish level sync party in Qufim Island with a BRD and a COR..Then grab 3 good DD's SAM DRG MNK WAR DRK (I like to get SAM's) etc then grab a syncer..And just basically kill everything and roam the area. Generally for level 18 and 19 do worms. 20-22 crabs. 23-24 fish and giants. Stop at level 24 and find a new syncer because the xp tends to slow down. The only bad thing is you must have a PL. If you do, use this party setup and its better then ANY party you will have beside merit parties.
 Siren.Badkarma
サーバ: Siren
user:
By Siren.Badkarma 2008-10-29 21:56:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Except as a bard you dont want *** gimped out instrument skills
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-10-30 01:05:45  
Orphanos said:
Ok just giving this info to everyone, thought others would like to know this. From doing this technique I have went from level 26-61 BRD in 8 days, only partying 2-3 hours a day max. The resust is about 13-15k/hour. Ok this is what you need to do. Make a 18-20 ish level sync party in Qufim Island with a BRD and a COR..Then grab 3 good DD's SAM DRG MNK WAR DRK (I like to get SAM's) etc then grab a syncer..And just basically kill everything and roam the area. Generally for level 18 and 19 do worms. 20-22 crabs. 23-24 fish and giants. Stop at level 24 and find a new syncer because the xp tends to slow down. The only bad thing is you must have a PL. If you do, use this party setup and its better then ANY party you will have beside merit parties.

Must be slow update if you're 59 BRD but a 61.

1) 18-20 is Qufim anyways. So no difference.

2) You'll need a skillup party BIG TIME or just fail period.

3) You have a PL and lvl sync'd. All you did was a VD strat in Qufim.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2008-10-30 02:58:07  
Lethewaters said:
Orphanos said:

Must be slow update if you're 59 BRD but a 61.

1) 18-20 is Qufim anyways. So no difference.

2) You'll need a skillup party BIG TIME or just fail period.

3) You have a PL and lvl sync'd. All you did was a VD strat in Qufim.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.

Well, it works great for me. May need brd and cor to get 13-15k/hr but lake camp with just a regular pt set up easily makes 8-11k/hr. I'm lv'ing drg atm and my sam is 75, so my polearm is good till 240, and I haven't had a pt that even comes close to the exp u can get on worms. Crawler's next 3.5k/hr, citadel 4k/hr, worms 10k/hr. I'll take the worms
 Siren.Feix
サーバ: Siren
user: DartX
By Siren.Feix 2008-10-30 05:16:18  
So you're suggesting we try to find a Bard and a Cor at the same time @18-22 or willing to sync to qufim (gl w/ that) then go roam the pond (can't rly exp there 20:00-4:00) forever thus gimping all your skills. sounds fun! >_>
 Odin.Evilchris
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Evilchris 2008-10-30 07:58:45  
Well, I was duoing around the lake area, as Often done. All alone getting nice xp per hour, when some wanker trying this set up comes to the lake and not only camps on top of us, but takes mobs from right under us, had several pt members running around at once trying to make sure we didn't get any mobs, and as I said took em from right beneath us, one pops by us, we engage it and before the first hit strikes one of them vokes it right off of us. That is just pure bad manners. And bad manners like this are becoming far too frequent on Odin server at least.

And I have been in parties that got much better EXP per hour, and they weren't merit parties or even high level, it was about a level 38 pt. that was getting about 16,000 per hour, with band on about 24,000 per hour. I was shocked, I didn't even have flag up and got invited this was a while ago though.

And I don't remember there being a PL either. Just a BRD pulling and so on
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2008-10-30 09:37:56  
Ya but you do realize that xping that low when you are 61 brd continuosly doing level sync way below, you will not skill up your instruments you need am I correct?

I believe instrument skills are valuable to skill up and I doubt you will stand there 8+ hours to skill up the skills.

I think level sync is good for pt's around the level you are because at least your just a few behind skill.

It's also good if you already have the skills leveled up because of other jobs you have higher that may have the skill, like if someone skilled up hand 2 hand on 75 war, you can level monk pretty much without worrying about the skill.

But I guess if you are just leveling the job for just maat's cap then I can see your point of just level syncing that low and not worry of skills
 Asura.Finbar
サーバ: Asura
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2008-10-30 10:15:52  
I have no idea why some of you are trying to put a negative spin on making a minimum of 12k+ an hour from 18-75. You honestly think skilling up INSTRUMENTS is that much of a boon to make this a bad plan? Weapons skill ups for the melee or COR would have been a better argument (though COR would save a ton of money not spamming the more expensive bullets for all those levels), but instruments? They cap at 225 and there are eight threnodies to spam in order to skill them up in Besieged or on hpemdes for those of us with sea access. Even if it were weapon skill ups, the time saved making that much more exp. per hour than standard parties would MORE than make up for any time spent in skill up parties.

For the reference, some of my linkshell have a static and make up to 20k an hour with this plan. Quite frankly, it would be idiotic not to take advantage of such a situation if one were able to. Getting the group together and finding a powerleveler are the hardest issues (dual-boxing a PL and forming a static are solutions to both of those problems), but if it can work, skill ups are the LAST reason to dissuade someone from such a plan. Please.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zano
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Azael
By Quetzalcoatl.Zano 2008-10-30 10:54:59  
Finbar said:
I have no idea why some of you are trying to put a negative spin on making a minimum of 12k+ an hour from 18-75. You honestly think skilling up INSTRUMENTS is that much of a boon to make this a bad plan? Weapons skill ups for the melee or COR would have been a better argument (though COR would save a ton of money not spamming the more expensive bullets for all those levels), but instruments? They cap at 225 and there are eight threnodies to spam in order to skill them up in Besieged or on hpemdes for those of us with sea access. Even if it were weapon skill ups, the time saved making that much more exp. per hour than standard parties would MORE than make up for any time spent in skill up parties.

For the reference, some of my linkshell have a static and make up to 20k an hour with this plan. Quite frankly, it would be idiotic not to take advantage of such a situation if one were able to. Getting the group together and finding a powerleveler are the hardest issues (dual-boxing a PL and forming a static are solutions to both of those problems), but if it can work, skill ups are the LAST reason to dissuade someone from such a plan. Please.

I agree ^_^ Ive done a few parties like this before and spent some time after it skilling up against things in other areas. I didnt. I also got one of my noobish friends into a pt like that and he freaked out that he went up so quick. anyways, one thing I would like to state is everyone of course has their own opinions or processes they like or want to use to level. and honestly I go with any of them
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-10-30 11:54:08  
Finbar said:
You honestly think skilling up INSTRUMENTS is that much of a boon to make this a bad plan?

I've seen countless brd with wind skill levels over 100 under the cap that can barely land Lullaby 30-40% of the time. Maybe I just think of things the wrong way and would prefer to have a more reliable lullaby at the level I actually am, rather than the level I could be when I sync..

Yes, capped instruments might not be as essential as capped melee skills for your DD's, but they aren't something you should neglect to the point where you're 40 levels (100+ skill levels) undercapped. Assuming you cap them outside parties then you should be fine at whatever level, but if you don't then you'll start lagging behind and making it a lot more difficult for yourself when you aren't sync'd.
 Remora.Wickednessss
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Wickednessss 2008-10-30 12:18:34  
Alyria said:
Ya but you do realize that xping that low when you are 61 brd continuosly doing level sync way below, you will not skill up your instruments you need am I correct?

I believe instrument skills are valuable to skill up and I doubt you will stand there 8+ hours to skill up the skills.

Anyone who tries to say this is a bad idea because of lacking instrument skills at higher lvls is either dumb, lazy, or have never skilled instruments. When I hit 75 my string was skill was only 100ish. It took me only about 2-3 hrs to cap my string skill when I was 120+ skill below cap so yes this would be a good idea for fast exp. Capping instrument skills are the easiest things to do not to mention way faster than capping weapon skills. Lullaby, spam threnody, repeat. All you need to do is find a mob that would con tough compared to your current skill and you'll cap it in no time or if you have sea access, as already stated, you can skill up to cap on one mob with no danger while watching tv. Simple, easy, and fast. And if this is your only route you would like to take to level your job then not having capped skills at all times would mean nothing because you would be capped at 24ish which is good enough. Just don't get in a party your current level and waste the time of everyone else with your constant resists and crappy buffs.
 Ragnarok.Thoru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Thoru
By Ragnarok.Thoru 2008-10-30 12:28:08  
Vegetto said:
Lethewaters said:
Orphanos said:
Must be slow update if you're 59 BRD but a 61. 1) 18-20 is Qufim anyways. So no difference. 2) You'll need a skillup party BIG TIME or just fail period. 3) You have a PL and lvl sync'd. All you did was a VD strat in Qufim. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
Well, it works great for me. May need brd and cor to get 13-15k/hr but lake camp with just a regular pt set up easily makes 8-11k/hr. I'm lv'ing drg atm and my sam is 75, so my polearm is good till 240, and I haven't had a pt that even comes close to the exp u can get on worms. Crawler's next 3.5k/hr, citadel 4k/hr, worms 10k/hr. I'll take the worms

you must have some fail partys my old mate.

but yeah i'm not for the method unless your already skilled then it's for as much exp as you can get imo.

but qufirm gets so boring lol and no one wants THF! >_>
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-10-30 13:06:25  
meh I hate level sync parties... I turn down every Level Sync invite that isnt within a couple levels of my current level, just due to the gimp gear under level sync and zero skillup factor.

Though I might also do that because I simply just dont exp all that often... maybe twice a month, if at all. My LS is just too busy to exp more often, and I like it that way... would rather be doing events, building real playing experience, and gearing up my two main jobs than having twelve 75's with shitty gear and no idea how to play any of them well.

Level sync is all but worthless, imo. Oh wait... only good thing about it is not having to mule gear for level capped areas anymore... thank god!
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-10-30 13:10:37  
Thoru said:
you must have some fail partys my old mate. but yeah i'm not for the method unless your already skilled then it's for as much exp as you can get imo. but qufirm gets so boring lol and no one wants THF! >_>

A mix of both. I agree with Alyria on having skills capped or close to cap. Maybe it's just me but I prefer to have my songs/spells/hits land than miss/be resisited more.

If the skills are capped or close to I wouldn't have an arguement. It is extremely rare that I need a skillup party. If I do it's for a C or Dlevel skill. Yes fast exp is nice but your exp can be better if you wiff less as a melee or get resisted less becasue your skills aren't lacking. I used to curse why my buffs wore so quick or why my enfeebs were resisited as 40RDM until I noticed the skills were that of a 20RDM. The point I'm making is, if you are leveling a job for later use to play (even if you want the cap I'd say it makes a difference), then take the time to have your skills up also. Kill 2 birds with one stone instead of getting 15 levels in one day and then spending the next 6 skilling up.

And I know the pain of THF. I solo'ed quite a few lvls on it but I still love the job. THF solo in the 20-mid 30s is fun. ^^;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2008-10-30 15:03:18  
You have to have a PL for your strat and with a good party you can get 15-20k/hr just about anywhere without a PL.

And this is the reason we have people end game who have no clue on how to play there job. Nothing like getting a RDM who thinks zenith gear is all they need due to the +MP!

Badkarma said:
Except as a bard you dont want *** gimped out instrument skills

with campaign, besieged and hpemde's is sea, you can cap all three BRD skills from lvl 1 to 75BRD in a few hours. I took my string skill from lvl 1 to 37BRD cap in ~15 minutes on hpemde alone.
 Bismarck.Raikenshi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Raikenshi
By Bismarck.Raikenshi 2008-10-30 15:12:34  
...Too much trouble... Get 75brdx2 Plvl and 6xDD pt, anywhere, anytime, until around 65~. Helps if they sub ninja, or are war/nin, but not needed.
 Remora.Starsha
サーバ: Remora
user: Starsha
By Remora.Starsha 2008-10-30 15:49:44  
Bekisa said:
And this is the reason we have people end game who have no clue on how to play there job. Nothing like getting a RDM who thinks zenith gear is all they need due to the +MP!

It took long enough for someone to point out the most obvious downside of this strategy and of level syncing way outside of your current level range. Sure, fast exp is nice, but having endgame 75s that actually know how to play their jobs past level 30 job abilities is even nicer. FFXI has enough high level noobs as it is...don't create more.
 Cerberus.Orphanos
user:
By Cerberus.Orphanos 2008-10-30 20:31:35

Let me check when I'm 75 its called a skill up party lol..Cap everything
 Fenrir.Alijah
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2008-10-30 22:42:21  
I get frustrated when I find a level 75 who got PL'd almost the entire way, but a level 75 who got PL'd and didn't even level past 25, Im sure, would make my teeth grind. It's bad enough that bards can be gimp and get away with it (I actually read a Bard FAQ saying "don't need anything but a flute" ... WHAT?) but now they can be gimp AND lazy.

Starsha said:
FFXI has enough high level noobs as it is...don't create more.

Seconded.
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-30 23:55:15  
i like level sync, but i don't think it was meant for people to level to 75 in qufim the whole time. at 75 you need to be diverse and to be completely honest...the mobs in qufim just aren't.

leveling up with a friend 20-75 with your level 40 character i understand, but deliberately staying in QI isn't doing anyone any favors. why not just take that PL with you to all the other places you go after QI that way you can at least fight a variety of mobs. i'm not condoning PLing...im just saying that it's a little better than just staying in QI the whole time.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2008-10-31 00:12:24  
Sovereign said:
meh I hate level sync parties... I turn down every Level Sync invite that isnt within a couple levels of my current level, just due to the gimp gear under level sync and zero skillup factor. Though I might also do that because I simply just dont exp all that often... maybe twice a month, if at all. My LS is just too busy to exp more often, and I like it that way... would rather be doing events, building real playing experience, and gearing up my two main jobs than having twelve 75's with shitty gear and no idea how to play any of them well. Level sync is all but worthless, imo. Oh wait... only good thing about it is not having to mule gear for level capped areas anymore... thank god!

Same can be said for campaign battle. Was in merit party with a nin that hadnt been in a real party since the jungle, all campaign. Guess how good he was at his job and how gimped he was in skills. It was baaaad!
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-10-31 01:09:27  
Starsha said:

QFT :D (again)
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2008-10-31 01:12:08  
Zanno said:
Sovereign said:
meh I hate level sync parties... I turn down every Level Sync invite that isnt within a couple levels of my current level, just due to the gimp gear under level sync and zero skillup factor. Though I might also do that because I simply just dont exp all that often... maybe twice a month, if at all. My LS is just too busy to exp more often, and I like it that way... would rather be doing events, building real playing experience, and gearing up my two main jobs than having twelve 75's with shitty gear and no idea how to play any of them well. Level sync is all but worthless, imo. Oh wait... only good thing about it is not having to mule gear for level capped areas anymore... thank god!

Same can be said for campaign battle. Was in merit party with a nin that hadnt been in a real party since the jungle, all campaign. Guess how good he was at his job and how gimped he was in skills. It was baaaad!

Since Kazham? thats seems like total BS imho as he'd get like 200xp/hr. stay on topic
 Carbuncle.Absolutezero
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Absolutezero 2008-10-31 09:56:08  
capped skills? i level COR (75), THF, DNC, and BLU. since ive capped dagger, sword, evasion, and marksmanship. the only capping i need to do is cap "A" skills 70+ or BLU magic skill which is capped easily.

not to mention any noob who would believe this is all you do for exp would stay a noob. and be my guest and *** at level sync or this setup, but if you had half a brain you would level outside of this regardless, i dont know anyone who wouldnt want to try out their new abilities/spells.

i dont know when people got all high and mighty but this is just a game people. most of you sound like bitchy office employees complaining about a new coworker. whens the last time any of you had fun in this game?
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-10-31 14:35:42  
Absolutezero said:
not to mention any noob who would believe this is all you do for exp would stay a noob. and be my guest and *** at level sync or this setup, but if you had half a brain you would level outside of this regardless, i dont know anyone who wouldnt want to try out their new abilities/spells.

You'd be surprised, many would >.>

Starsha said:

Thirded (or whatever numer we're on).
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-10-31 17:13:14  
Lethewaters said:
Absolutezero said:

You'd be surprised, many would >.>

Agreed--it depends on what your GOAL in FFXI is, doesn't it? If my goal is to reach Paladin 75 as fast as possible, I would do anything possible in order to get EXP, be it Campaign or a Level Sync party with a PL. If my goal is to be a good tank, I would hone my skills by leveling in parties according to my level, increasing the chances of skilling up abilities, as well as my skills as a tank in different situations (as various camps tend to have different settings, forcing any player--not just the tank--to actually think about his/her actions before just blindly entering into battle).
Whichever you'd prefer, is the path you'd take. In my case, I love getting to know a job, and I love the challenge of fighting in different camps, so I'd take the latter. The former is quite possibly what the OP had in mind.

Lethewaters said:

Starsha said:

Thirded (or whatever numer we're on).

We should keep this going. Maybe it'll have some effect :D

*tries not to laugh*
 Cerberus.Orphanos
user:
By Cerberus.Orphanos 2008-10-31 17:57:31

Lol XP is XP..Im not a noob I know how to play BRD and I will cap my ***..I have 5 75's all ready and awesome items so ya :x...V Belt, PCA , Osode, Vali's Bow. B Haidate etc
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-10-31 18:19:33  
I'm not saying YOU are, specifically, but the items you've listed don't necessarily signify that you aren't a "noob".

And we've established that not all players who have more than one job at 75 aren't noobs, either:
Starsha said:
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-31 18:40:52  
i don't see why you NEED a PL anyways. might as well pay someone to level for you. Gil is gil right...so why not buy from RMT? same concept imo.
First Page 2 3