First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Eirinne
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-02-11 13:07:06  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Siren.Scottyb said:
He might not be as good as people with extensive paladin playtime but I personally would expect him to be good yes, by now he should understand emnity and kiting. And he would have most likely observed ot her paladins so knows job abilities etc.

Because PLD tanking and NIN tanking are so very simmilar? lol

I was thinking the same thing to be honest..
 Fairy.Spiriel
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-02-11 13:07:13  
C:\> Thread Title
Flame core!
Bismark.Altar said:
For the record, I smn burned my Summoner, and I've burned about 20 merits as well, but have no plans to burn a new job to 75 or anything; So I'm a lot like you, except I have no problems with people who burn Maats caps.
Especially those people that never use the burned jobs, but people who wanted the cap for eg. ws piece on Sam
^ this is why I hate astral burns. You just relegated a difficult to obtain piece of gear that was a sign of a truly devoted and skilled player to be looked up to into a mere WEAPON SKILL PIECE.

Astral Burns completely defeat the purpose of everything between level 1 and level 75, and make stupid players. End statement. You learn "little tricks" and get a feel for your job by doing the damn work. An Astral Burned player is no better than a PLD that spent level 25-60 synced in Qufim Island to keep from having to pay for gear. No ACTUAL experience, no skill, no brains. Boot 'em into Whitegate with every piece of gear they own Bazaar'd for 1 gil.
[+]
 Siren.Scottyb
サーバ: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-02-11 13:08:13  
Theyre not similar no but if someone levelled a job that required them to keep hate and they were good at it I would expect them to be relatively decent at doing another job that required them to keep hate.

If they learned to be a good nin they can learn to be a good pld simple as that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 13:11:21  
Izey said:
Anyway it's obvious that the jackasses making an excuse to burn jobs to get a Maats cap dont get the point of whats being said, so by all means.

Regardless its a game not like you really acccomplished jack $h!t in the end after all right?

Have fun though! (Yea, you'll get bored and quit on your own because of it anyway =D)

Then again who dont wanna quit O_O?

$h!t wait me XD! What else would I do with the extra time that I can look forward to pfft.
Cop-out, I answered your point directly. If you're not able to concede you have no logical support for your argument, just stop posting.

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Siren.Scottyb said:
He might not be as good as people with extensive paladin playtime but I personally would expect him to be good yes, by now he should understand emnity and kiting. And he would have most likely observed ot her paladins so knows job abilities etc.

Because PLD tanking and NIN tanking are so very similar? lol
Yeah, they are. The only significant differences between the two are PLD's ability to Cure and Atonement.

Cap recast timers and stack enmity on hate moves.

Wear PDT or Shield Skill/Eva as appropriate when shadows are down.

Know when to melee and when to turtle up.

Don't die.

Hmm.

You're not going to be WTFUBER right off the bat but you should at least be competent if you study up on each job's hate moves.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-11 13:11:46  
Siren.Scottyb said:
Theyre not similar no but if someone levelled a job that required them to keep hate and they were good at it I would expect them to be relatively decent at doing another job that required them to keep hate.

If they learned to be a good nin they can learn to be a good pld simple as that.

Then GL to you.

Differense would be that they played NIN for 75 levels and learned to be good at it, while they find themselves all of a sudden be PLD 75 with no experience from the job what so ever. And unless you actually and honestly believe that NIN = PLD than you would see how your logic fail.

Edit: Anyone who have ever used provoke once is a good tank /nods
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 13:15:52  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Siren.Scottyb said:

Then GL to you.

Differense would be that they played NIN for 75 levels and learned to be good at it, while they find themselves all of a sudden be PLD 75 with no experience from the job what so ever. And unless you actually and honestly believe that NIN = PLD than you would see how your logic fail.
The moves are different, the underlying principles are exactly the same.
 Siren.Scottyb
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-02-11 13:16:37  
I think a good example is myself I levelled whm as my first 75 now it took a while but one thing I can guarantee you about it and any of my jobs is I learned a hell of a lot more about the said job once I reached 75 and had it out in the field against real enemies and not exp mobs.

So even if you reach 75 with little knowledge you will become clued up very quickly (unless you are a naturally bad player)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 13:17:46  
Siren.Scottyb said:
I think a good example is myself I levelled whm as my first 75 now it took a while but one thing I can guarantee you about it and any of my jobs is I learned a hell of a lot more about the said job once I reached 75 and had it out in the field against real enemies and not exp mobs.

So even if you reach 75 with little knowledge you will become clued up very quickly (unless you are a naturally bad player)
Also this, EXP and gameplay at 75 are completely different for many jobs.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-11 13:18:03  
with that logic all jobs are the same, just different moves, and dont forget about the 'not dying part'
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-11 13:20:30  
Fenrir.Retin said:
Speaking off oldschool. Them ToAU onry noobs dunno what we're talkin' bout, fo sho. "Remember back in the days..." chain16 aura weapons, clearing the zone. 4-5k bibiki bay parties. 8 hours seeking on dark. My oh my!

woah woah woah... You got 5k in bibiki??? SOB I was getting screwed at 4k/hr
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 13:21:26  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
with that logic all jobs are the same, just different moves, and dont forget about the 'not dying part'
No. All jobs fall into one of 4 different roles. DD, Tank, Healer, Support. Support includes buffing and enfeebling. Some jobs can play hybrids of two or more of the above roles (BRD/WHM, RDM, BLU, SCH, PUP with a WHM auto, DD tanks, etc). Within these groups, yes they're more or less interchangeable.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-02-11 13:31:54  
I was actually thankful for a short moment because right as I narrowed down to the final 4ish jobs, SMN BST RNG and BRD (the jobs I can't stand to play personally) I was blessed to burn through them at East Ronfaure [S.].

Summoner burns I don't agree with at all. But I guess you could argue the difference vs East[S.] and SMN burn.

However I feel with East[S.] parties you actually took the time to play the job like normal just under level sync circumstances as usual. (Didn't usually have PL's all the time.)

I had mostly all weapons around 200 before even starting my maat's cap journey so i didn't have to do much skill up parties.

I agree it's a wasted effort these days. Even though it was harder before my time even (no EXP bands, and before the exp curve update) I feel I was one of the last few who actually earned it since most of my jobs were all 40+ since forever ago.

Everyone else I see SMN burned it and severely has no idea how to even play half (if any) of their jobs correctly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 13:38:16  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Everyone else I see SMN burned it and severely has no idea how to even play half (if any) of their jobs correctly.
No different from the non-cap playerbase...
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-02-11 13:38:48  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
No different from the non-cap playerbase...

Touche my friend, touche.
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-11 13:53:57  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
I was actually thankful for a short moment because right as I narrowed down to the final 4ish jobs, SMN BST RNG and BRD (the jobs I can't stand to play personally) I was blessed to burn through them at East Ronfaure [S.]. Summoner burns I don't agree with at all. But I guess you could argue the difference vs East[S.] and SMN burn. However I feel with East[S.] parties you actually took the time to play the job like normal just under level sync circumstances as usual. (Didn't usually have PL's all the time.) I had mostly all weapons around 200 before even starting my maat's cap journey so i didn't have to do much skill up parties. I agree it's a wasted effort these days. Even though it was harder before my time even (no EXP bands, and before the exp curve update) I feel I was one of the last few who actually earned it since most of my jobs were all 40 since forever ago. Everyone else I see SMN burned it and severely has no idea how to even play half (if any) of their jobs correctly.

Well A Big Fukin Congratz doing it the old way now i'll give you a nice pat on the back!!!! What i'm getting from the smn hate is really a lot of butt hurt people who had to put the time in to lv -vs- (the burning lv sync C battle Fov) people, you oldies sound very jealous imo lol. Its kind like saying since its easier to make a relic due to the cost of dyna runs were cut in half (and currency droping in the past) that its not fair and any one who made relic after the price cut should be shunned because it doesn't take as long any more lol. Its the same thing
lol you sound like old fogies with that "back in my day" crap. Well news flash this isn't 3 years ago :0
By Izey 2010-02-11 14:14:11  
Hades.Darkus said:
Its sad to see this game turn into a big giant epenis comparing game.

I remember when people used to do thing cause it was fun for them and not have to compare their achievements to others.

Adding this video because I think everyone should see it at least once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARghlVjBab0

^ This
I'm done.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 14:16:21  
Odin.Kalico said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
I was actually thankful for a short moment because right as I narrowed down to the final 4ish jobs, SMN BST RNG and BRD (the jobs I can't stand to play personally) I was blessed to burn through them at East Ronfaure [S.]. Summoner burns I don't agree with at all. But I guess you could argue the difference vs East[S.] and SMN burn. However I feel with East[S.] parties you actually took the time to play the job like normal just under level sync circumstances as usual. (Didn't usually have PL's all the time.) I had mostly all weapons around 200 before even starting my maat's cap journey so i didn't have to do much skill up parties. I agree it's a wasted effort these days. Even though it was harder before my time even (no EXP bands, and before the exp curve update) I feel I was one of the last few who actually earned it since most of my jobs were all 40 since forever ago. Everyone else I see SMN burned it and severely has no idea how to even play half (if any) of their jobs correctly.

Well A Big Fukin Congratz doing it the old way now i'll give you a nice pat on the back!!!! What i'm getting from the smn hate is really a lot of butt hurt people who had to put the time in to lv -vs- (the burning lv sync C battle Fov) people, you oldies sound very jealous imo lol. Its kind like saying since its easier to make a relic due to the cost of dyna runs were cut in half (and currency droping in the past) that its not fair and any one who made relic after the price cut should be shunned because it doesn't take as long any more lol. Its the same thing
lol you sound like old fogies with that "back in my day" crap. Well news flash this isn't 3 years ago :0
Back in my day we had to solo on BST with our party flag up fruitlessly getting little exp at a time, dealing with mischarms and deaths. If someone was at the one camp we needed we would wait until they were done and then we'd get our 4k/hr AND WE LIKED IT!!! We didn't have this newfangled smn burn exp. BTW get off my lawn you damn kids.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-11 14:24:18  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Well A Big Fukin Congratz doing it the old way now i'll give you a nice pat on the back!!!! What i'm getting from the smn hate is really a lot of butt hurt people who had to put the time in to lv -vs- (the burning lv sync C battle Fov) people, you oldies sound very jealous imo lol. Its kind like saying since its easier to make a relic due to the cost of dyna runs were cut in half (and currency droping in the past) that its not fair and any one who made relic after the price cut should be shunned because it doesn't take as long any more lol. Its the same thing lol you sound like old fogies with that "back in my day" crap. Well news flash this isn't 3 years ago :0
Back in my day we had to solo on BST with our party flag up fruitlessly getting little exp at a time, dealing with mischarms and deaths. If someone was at the one camp we needed we would wait until they were done and then we'd get our 4k/hr AND WE LIKED IT!!! We didn't have this newfangled smn burn exp. BTW get off my lawn you damn kids.

I must of read this like 5 times I lol'd each time.

8)
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-11 14:37:33  
Sorry to keep a thread everyone hates going but I'd like to put in two more cents.

In my opinion, there are 3 kinda people when it comes to the whole SMN burn thing.

1) Those who wanna quickly burn their way through for the sake of "achievement" and boosting their ego because they have a shitload of 75 jobs and got maat's cap and the right to lot on fancy relic/abjs etc.

2) Those who are totally burnt out on the whole merit/leveling scene and just want to hit 75 already and will go through the ropes as necessary once they do. Or ignore the ropes and remain a total tool for said class.

3) Those who have a somewhat misguided sense of pride in doing things the old fashioned way and prefer to do things "the way they were meant to be done"; or simply have more fun actually leveling a class traditionally than sitting around waiting to push 3 buttons or for someone to roll a 5 or 6 from some random corsair.

SMN burns take alot of patience to pull off correctly, and so does soloing/LFG.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-02-11 14:42:26  
all this fighting over smn burn is silly.. blame it on Level Sync without it you cant burn~ so its ALL SE's fault! D:

also,
Summoner burning is addictive! but its nice to hit 75 in a shorter period of time.. Remember you have 30 days to get lvls before your next billing cycle! why not get Lvled before SE Charges you yet another 12.95+ for standing around for hrs on end trying to form a pt and seeking!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-11 15:26:40  
AFB cheapens Maat's Cap in the same manner as a PL . Taking Advantage of game mechanics to Lv faster . AFB has been around much longer than Sync . Sync just makes it that much easier .
AFB doesnt cause someone to suck at the job Lv'd by it , nor does Sync or PLing. The Player (the actual person) is what causes the sucking . No job is so complex that it requires you to Slow gain 850,000 (or w/e dumb number it is) EXP to get that job from 1 to 75 . It does require you to pay attention to what you can do and how you can contribute to any thing , like EXP or Endgame /WatEv .
AFB and SYnc have become the lightning rods for the player base's ever growing lazy/malcontent/frustrated/blah additude twards the game in recent months .
Yes AFB and Sync can/will/have ruin/ed NEWER players who dont know anything other than Colibri camps and FoV solo . This is where the Linkshell is supposed to pick up the slack and help teach these fledgling players the ropes . Sadly most Shells now only want to focus on what they do and usually arent willing to help Newer players in any way , even if it means they get one more body for Endgame .
In short , AFB/Sync doesnt Cheapen Maat's Cap , Square and the community did/do .
If you see one and are impressed then its a symbol of Achievment no matter how its gained . Youre still capped @ 70 for the fight until you get the Cap , so having the job @ 75 doesnt help all that much . If you wanna talk merits , you still gotta beat him at least one time to break the cap initally , so w/e . You gained over 12 or 13 MILLION exp . thats alot no matter how you look at it .
If you see the cap and think 'Cool piece , i should get one' then why argue ?
At this stage in the Life of FFXI , the only truely impressive pieces are those gained from Absolute Virtue , because those that have them are either grissled vetrans who gained them Pre-gimp , Wall-of-Justice Style , Pre-Gimp 66,000 HP KC DRK Zerg style , or won them from Bonanza . That is the final frontier .
When Square makes AV beatable , either by changing his AI/Mechanics/watev or straight up telling us how to beat him , that may point to the end nearing .
As far as Maat's Cap is concerned , Look @ FoV ,Campain Battle , Sync , EXP RIngs , AFB , ENM , CoP BCNM , and EXP scrolls to find how Square feels about the methods used in gaining EXP .

/endrant motion
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 15:34:16  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
If you see one and are impressed then its a symbol of Achievment no matter how its gained . Youre still capped @ 70 for the fight until you get the Cap , so having the job @ 75 doesnt help all that much .
What is this I don't even
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-02-11 15:37:44  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
If you see one and are impressed then its a symbol of Achievment no matter how its gained . Youre still capped @ 70 for the fight until you get the Cap , so having the job @ 75 doesnt help all that much .

This kinda proves the stupidity of people who burn doesn't it?
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-11 15:43:12  
Hades.Cheyne said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:

His lack of paragraphing was the first hint.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-11 15:43:17  
Is it really an accomplishment spending so many hours exp'n? One of the most boring aspects of FFXI in my opinion.

Sure, some Maat fights may be hard but nothing a couple tries and better preparation can't overcome

Annnnnd, Maats cap is ugly!
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-11 15:44:56  
Hades.Cheyne said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
i shoulddnt smoke so much pot , youre right . sorry dad . mah bad .
Hyp , which word did you not understand ? i'll happily clear it up for joo ;)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 15:45:20  
Fairy.Spence said:
Annnnnd, Maats cap is ugly!
NO U
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 15:46:24  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Hades.Cheyne said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
i shoulddnt smoke so much pot , youre right . sorry dad . mah bad .
Hyp , which word did you not understand ? i'll happily clear it up for joo ;)
The part where you've obviously haven't fought Maat on a job higher than 70 (or more than once apart from your Shattering Stars fight).
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-11 15:50:40  
Asura.Artemicion said:
Hades.Cheyne said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
His lack of paragraphing was the first hint.
Soooo impropper inglesh meanz you AFB . Sound like a College student . hows that dorm bruh ? i AFB all the time dood . i have like 24 jobs @ 75 . you're just 'butt-hurt' . its ok man , it'll get better once you get that awesome degree for Web surfing and then you can spend your days moderating some site and delete peoples post for not using propper grammer or w/e . \Its a messege board dood , not law school , but i understand how young ppl are unable to seperate things , thinking life is just like High School/Post-High school Education .
imma go back to smoking weed , AFBing , and boinking your mom now . chow .
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8