What's The DW % Increase On Fuchingiri?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » What's the DW % increase on Fuchingiri?
What's the DW % increase on Fuchingiri?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 00:10:24  
Fairy.Shiyo said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Haste wins because a ninja does more then swing katanas desperatly trying to break 1k with jin. I know. My nin was my <3.
Ninja was my main before SCH, but I quit it for reasons I don't want to say, I don't care though I have a TON more fun on sch.

The only thing you'd use haste for besides meleeing is casting, and you just macro in turban for casting utsu O_o
Of course the only thing you'd use DW for is meleeing too.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-02-13 00:13:20  
Really depends on the amount of haste you are talking about Kaioshin. Didn't do any calc and i'm too lazy right now, but as i recall, moogle hat with 10 acc and 3% will outparse turban for a long time on the haste spectrum. Like until 60%ish haste or something.

Why? Because nin wont cap acc on anything worth a damn. Certainly adding some usukane could change that a bit for things like birds though. Well, speculating for the most part hehe.

Would be great if someone found out the % on this katana anyway, and it were something good/useful hehe.
 Fairy.Shiyo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 00:48:23  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Shiyo said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Haste wins because a ninja does more then swing katanas desperatly trying to break 1k with jin. I know. My nin was my <3.
Ninja was my main before SCH, but I quit it for reasons I don't want to say, I don't care though I have a TON more fun on sch.

The only thing you'd use haste for besides meleeing is casting, and you just macro in turban for casting utsu O_o
Of course the only thing you'd use DW for is meleeing too.

what
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 00:51:26  
Fairy.Spence said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
lol this guy again lol.

Because it's futile lol

Huh? <_<
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-02-13 01:19:54  
If your accuracy isn't capped, you're not eating the right food to make the 2% extra haste on Walmart Turban beneficial. Sure, if it's uncapped, you'll get more from that MKE head. However, if it's not possible to cap accuracy on even with normal NIN gear, you shouldn't be meleeing it in the first place.

And o hay, I is on Fairy now. VEGETTO, GET YOUR *** BACK ONLINE.
[+]
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-13 01:21:23  
There we go, was on the wrong profile.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 01:31:00  
No it's really hard to cap ACC on NIN in the best gear in the game(besides PW/AV), with the best possible augments and 8/8 merits.

DW jobs suck like that, 10 acc 5 attk beats 2% haste in every situation except when you're fighting EM or lower mobs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-13 01:33:08  
What's sushi?
[+]
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-13 01:45:35  
For that matter, what's Marinara Pizza?

Seriously, it's not as hard as you are making it out to be. Even without Usukane, it's not that tough.
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 01:49:06  
Fairy.Vincentius said:
For that matter, what's Marinara Pizza?

Seriously, it's not as hard as you are making it out to be. Even without Usukane, it's not that tough.

Marinara pizza is probably the best thing to ever happen for DW jobs recently, but even then it doesn't automatically make +acc gear any less useful.

Usukane boots is the only piece of usukane good for NIN, the rest is worse than what's available and much much much much easier to get.

Also, in situations where your acc is OBVIOUSLY capped, you can simply put on the turban instead of the anwig. The anwig is only better when you're not at 95% acc with pizza/sushi/whatever. It opens up more options, and IS better when acc isn't capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-13 01:49:12  
I always forget NIN can make better use of that stuff than my BLU can >_> Pizza applies as well. You should not be having acc problems on anything where katana damage is viable if you're eating the correct food, and you should be able to do it with minimal loss of Haste and DW. In many situations you shouldn't have to sacrifice at all...
[+]
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-13 01:53:54  
Shiyo, I just did up the math on your set posted on your profile with the Mirke and ASA legs, and Walmart Turban. I had to guess on your DEX, because I don't know the bases for all races.

That's versus the higher level Greater Colibri, and you only need 409 total accuracy to cap on those. You can see the total is well over that.

Crab Sushi = perfect.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 01:56:57  
Yeah I know, thanks ^_^ My boyfriend did this for me earlier, looking at my gear on colibri and telling me my acc with and without food, and with the best gear in the game I could attain(cuchulains/swift/haidate/usukaneboots). Colibri aren't the only mobs in the game though, I'm just saying when your acc isn't capped, and you're fighting things besides colibri, the anwig is better. Like for mamool, they vary so much(thf, nin, etc mobs) that you'd want the anwig for the NIN and THF mobs.

I totally agree in acc capped situations the turban is better, that's why I would always keep it on me. Utsu casts macros and when fighting something weak.

edit: Here this thread talks more about it...it's talking about thf but it still applies for NIN imo~

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=10&mid=1246316612309636253&num=47&page=1
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-13 02:00:33  
That was basically just to show that on something with evasion as high as those, it's EASY to cap your accuracy. Give something a little harder, a Mamool NIN/THF persay, are you going to automatically drop to the point where your accuracy is abysmal with that same set? Not really. I'd doubt you'd fall under 90% honestly.

If you're gonna keep using it, that's fine... But I think where the point that your accuracy is so bad as to drop 2% haste for more accuracy, I personally at least would be much better off swapping jobs. lol

Also just realized you're mithra from looking at your item sets... It's even easier for you to cap your accuracy, if only by a few points advantage over other races.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 02:02:25  
Read that thread! It has math behind it, I suck at math :(

Pizza isn't ALWAYS an option, and I hate having to use sushi :| Don't I have like 80% acc on birds with my set up? Or with a cuchulains/toreadors/etc set up, allowing me to eat meat? (it was what, 80% acc for meat to be better than sushi? I can't remember).

Also my base dex is 77 as nin/war mithra and I don't want to swap jobs! I like to play what I like <_<
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-13 02:08:48  
Honestly on NIN, I really don't see meat builds being viable on Colibri level mobs and above, unless you have the highest tier accuracy pieces in the game. (mix and match Usu set including body/head/feet, Byakko's, Cuchu, Snipers+1, Fire Bomblet, Senji/Perdu, etc etc etc)

I saw the thread there, and I'm still in the SAM mindset of that helm being the most viable as a WS piece, lol... I can't stand to even think about using it as a TP piece when I have Turban for things I can use pizza on, or lower mobs with meat, and Ace's helm for anything I can't cap with pizza.

At least you've made an informed decision, and it very well could be better in your situation. Your ACC is pretty amazing though, and I think you'll be pretty limited as to where you use that helm, lol.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 02:12:01  
I actually don't have the helm anymore since I stopped being NIN main after being frustrated by "stuff", I changed it to a selenian helm for my SCH with macc+5/int+4(I might change this one to MAB/int when I get relic helm).
 Fairy.Nekozuko
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-13 02:40:16  
Right now I have 21% Haste but it's impossible for me to gain capped acc in merit pt without sacrificing haste.

For look of my gear here it is...

As you can see my gear is above average but it's still not capped and although I'm still missing few gear (darn you assault) there is no way I can cap acc in merit.

I'm going to use FFXI calculator for my calculations

I'm going to take examples from three common merit mobs

First is Mamool Ja Infiltrator which has max level of 83 with 376 evasion.

My accuracy caps out at 78% with Pizza +1 and with Sole Sushi +1 it's 89%. Adding Ancient Torque and Perdu blade my acc would cap out at 92.5%.

Things start to change for Mamool Stabber.

It's 93% with Pizza, and Sole Sushi +1 it's capped.

Now on lolbirdies

It's 78% w/o food but capped with crab sushi.

Note I haven't made any calculations with Innin...

*Edit* And I made made some gear creation and made it easier to read.
Although I think a better trade for Haste% for acc would be trading my Dusk Ledelsens+1 for Usu feet. */Edit
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-13 02:45:45  
That is really *** hard to read. Find somewhere better to host your sets (like here!).

Also, Cuchulain's over Forager's in uncapped ACC situations and get that Perdu Blade. What's that, you didn't have to sacrifice any Haste? Hmm. Also Mamool NIN and THF should be treated as exceptions rather than the rule due to unusually high Evasion. The highest I build for are the Mamool BLUs when it comes to merit mobs, anything beyond that might get a special set... if I ever used a DW DD on anything that evasive outside of Mamools. Less fleshed-out builds might have to make some sacrifices, yes... but even then you shouldn't be losing huge chunks of Haste.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 04:03:35  
Ewwww ffxicalc doesn't have pot au feu in there
[+]
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-13 08:59:39  
It doesn't even have Crab Sushi ffs. =(
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-13 09:00:46  
What doesn't? My version of calc does
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-02-13 13:32:26  
hmm my point is that nin cant cap acc thru equip. Sure we can eat crab sushi and pizza, and of course we do. But the whole point of moogle hat > turban applies when we can get so much closer to being able to eat meat.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 13:39:18  
So are you basically saying, assuming that MKE hat will get you to the acc cap, that the extra 30-40 att you get from eating meat over pizza is worth 2 haste?

Hmmm somehow I find that doubtful to be the case. But who knows maybe the attack will help that much. Assuming of course that you are uncapped but close enough for MKE to cap you
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-13 13:42:05  
You're dropping a hell of a lot more than just 2 Haste if you're able to eat meat on anything worth a damn as NIN. I'd guess at least 3 Haste (head, feet), 15 Attack (back), AF or ACP for Hauby, possibly other things... it's an even swap at best.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-13 13:43:01  
Also have to keep in mind that with if you're that close to cap in an acc build (pcc/ancient torque, cuch mantle, bomblett ect), that if you swap to pizza you'll not only cap acc, but you'll be able to remove those things for hope torque, forager's, bomb core, while still capping acc, gain the 2% haste from turban, and the diff in attack will begin to disappear as you're adding your attack gear back into play.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-13 13:47:29  
Haste + acc in non haste slots = win.

I am 0/14 on this one, BUT i do have some brutally nice -enmity scythe ws evoliths from it...
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-13 14:46:44  
Yeah, the new NM's suck so I hope this katana is trash so I don't have to attempt to camp it, because I honestly will NOT camp it after going 0/11 on gloom eye. Too boring, too dumb, I want fun not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE crap. I'd rather get a kikoku -_-
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-02-13 15:41:52  
Why are you saying meat over pizza? lol I didnt say that, i'm saying meat vs sushi, kabob vs crab sushi @ birds specifically. If you are at birds you are not going to be spamming pizza, are you? But yeah, there are many situations where pizza is better applied than meat.

ok here is something crazy - calculation time (im trying to keep this clean). This is the first time i do it, might be going all wrong lol (but i guess you wont really be able to fix anything the way i showed it lol). Anyway, i don't have katana merits and no cuch, hq acc rings, usukane or stuff like that (do have pcc). Pretty standard anyway.

Let's take 2x march and haste. Going from 18 to 20% haste in equip is equal 4.4% increase in dot.

I got 75% acc. Going from 75% to 80% with hat = 6.67% increase in dot.

If i had katana merits i would have 82% hit rate. Going from 82% to 87% with hat = 6.09% increase in dot.

Now if i ate sushi (no mkd hat) my acc would be pumped to 90% from 75% . Thats 20% increase in dot.

If i used the mkd hat and ate meat i would have a 17% increase in dot from attack ( i considered 2x minuet to calc this) + 6.67% - 4.4%. This is 19.27% increase in dot.

So sushi is actually a bit better for me. And actually thats what i use when i merit with nin @ birds. Good to know i made the right choice.

With merits and 82% hit rate eating sushi would pump my acc to cap. That's 15.85% increase in dot.

Merits also affect my cratio and the increase in dot would be lowered to 16.3%. So the total increase in dot with meat and moogle hat is 17.8%.

SO the more pimped you are acc wise thru equip, eating crab sushi at birds will give you less and less, cause your total acc in going over the necessary to cap and that's wasting it. And considering you would trade amemet+1/foragers for cuch, the attack added with meat would also have increased value.

I really don't feel like calculating anything for pizza. But i will eat it whenever/wherever appliable (mamool for one).
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-13 15:52:54  
Math seems off, don't want to backtrack through all of that.

Just give me 5 things
Set up w/ all equal gear in place, empty in all other slots
Current hitrate
Current attack
Fill in slots from meat build
Fill in slots from sushi build

and I'll do a comparison from scratch. If not within the hour, it'll have to hold till tomorrow, as the library is closing soon (unless I go somewhere else w/ net tonight)