FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 1496 1497 1498 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Shiva.Carrelo
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2014-12-07 00:09:38  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
The only one I saw that even remotely came close to being "risque" <sp?> is the "Fat Chris Pratt" in his underwear one. Unless I missed something?

There were images meeting the criteria; they were removed.

As for reporting similar images of women, I've personally always left them alone because I don't feel the need to mess with people. Some end up being removed, others don't. The removal rate for images of men seems to be much closer to 100%, though. :/
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2014-12-07 00:19:13  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

Quite assertive on the homophobic front, I see. If that were the case, I wouldn't mod this thread at all much less read whatever's in here.

That makes no sense. Homophobic persons do not ignore the subject matter of what is posted here, but actively censors it...which is what you did.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 00:20:16  
Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
The only one I saw that even remotely came close to being "risque" <sp?> is the "Fat Chris Pratt" in his underwear one. Unless I missed something?

There were images meeting the criteria; they were removed.

As for reporting similar images of women, I've personally always left them alone because I don't feel the need to mess with people. Some end up being removed, others don't. The removal rate for images of men seems to be much closer to 100%, though. :/

And that rule needs to be remade so if mods think some pics are inappropriate then they will remove it weither it be men or women, they shouldn't let their personal insecurity or whatever they don't like cloud what job they have.

Protip to mods: If you're gonna crack down on pics of men, then treat women pics with the same treatment you'd treat men pics with and stop deleting them because you don't want to see them.

I've seen some pretty homophobic peeps on this forum so if a mod or two is homophobic then it wouldn't surprise me. (Note: I'm not saying all mods are homophobic.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-07 00:22:36  
Bahamut.Protectorchrono said: »
Even if I did, would you remove them?

Yes, I would remove them.

I sense a slight homophobicness about this and I don't think it's fair.

Another assertion, eh?

You guys don't frighten me one bit.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-07 00:23:27  
It was rightfully censored as it violated the terms. Whether stumbled upon innocently by the mod from the thread being main-paged for so long, or reported by some third-party(homophobic or not).

I wouldn't go as far as saying that mods actively ignore similar images of women, and would rather say that they probably don't get people reporting them. Does not imply anything about the mod's own feelings on the issue. If mods were really out to get us they could remove all the pictures and say deal with it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 00:25:50  
Even if I did, would you remove them?

Yes, I would remove them.

I sense a slight homophobicness about this and I don't think it's fair.

Another assertion, eh?

Oh really? Okay...so if I lurk in several threads where I see pics of scantily clad women that fall under the inappropriate lines and report them all...you'd remove them?

We're not trying to frighten you, we just want you to treat us with fairness.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2014-12-07 00:28:08  

Is that what you think? That we are attempting to frighten you? Just pointing out that you are coming into a thread, uninvited, and censoring photos that do not offend. Perhaps you have a personal agenda against the LGBT community? I dunno...it's odd that you would be putting so much energy into this, especially if you claim to not be homophobic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 00:30:57  
Bismarck.Inference said: »
It was rightfully censored as it violated the terms. Whether stumbled upon innocently by the mod from the thread being main-paged for so long, or reported by some third-party(homophobic or not).

I wouldn't go as far as saying that mods actively ignore similar images of women, and would rather say that they probably don't get people reporting them. Does not imply anything about the mod's own feelings on the issue. If mods were really out to get us they could remove all the pictures and say deal with it.

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as saying that mods actively ignore similar images of women, and would rather say that they probably don't get people reporting them.

So if ppl suddenly started reporting images of near naked women the mods would act and remove them immediately? I've seen certain mods on here who seemingly turn a blind eye on pics of near naked women with her breasts near exposed.

But if one person reports a pic of a man then the mods would get rid of the right away. Seems like homophobia to me...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-07 00:33:07  
Alright.

Sensing a complete derail is oncoming, lets nip this.

1. I've removed tons upon tons of female human and female anime images that aren't acceptable on this forum.

2. Today was the very first time I removed an unacceptable image of a male.

Only one image was removed today. Are you guys going to sit here and cry over one image that was removed when countless of other images were removed? Are going to sit there and ignore the fact that I know what I erase and so forth and accuse homophobic behavior via the mods because I am invading this turf?

The fact of the matter is, if the image falls under any of the posted restrictions they will get removed. Regardless of any personal opinions. However, mods do NOT see everything on this forum as it is vast. This is the whole entire reason for the report function. Therefore, when an unacceptable image has sat for a long period of time, it's YOUR FAULT for not reporting it. Just because it's been sitting there for a long time doesn't mean we are allowing it. We just haven't seen it yet. So, if you want us to play fair, get off your high almighty horses and use the functions we give you to keep the playing field level. We're all equal here.

For those who wish to keep asserting accusations with no shred of proof, I will tell you this. You don't know me, I don't know you, I don't care what you think that you know of me. My job is to make sure you are following the rules of this forum. That's it.

/rant
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-07 00:37:37  
So if ppl suddenly started reporting images of near naked women the mods would act and remove them immediately? I've seen certain mods on here who seemly turn a blind eye on pics of near naked women with her breasts near exposed.

But if one person reports a pic of a man then the mods would get rid of the right away.

Personally, I haven't seen any women pictures posted that fit the criteria. I'm sure they exist somewhere as I mainly lurk in the game related threads vs. the social threads. I'd expect if I reported ones that fit the criteria they would be removed. Maybe I'm naive, I'll never have the energy to police it so I'll never know.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2014-12-07 00:41:17  
Are you guys going to sit here and cry over one image that was removed when countless of other images were removed?

Is that how you view members of the LGBT community? As people who 'cry'? I think you need to re-evaluate your stance on what is right and wrong, perhaps seeking the advice of others. I just think it is so incredibly sad that persons such as yourself still exist in society given the leaps and bounds that civil rights movements have made.
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-12-07 00:43:12  
Go to chat then *wink*
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 00:44:20  
Alright.

Sensing a complete derail is oncoming, lets nip this.

1. I've removed tons upon tons of female human and female anime images that aren't acceptable on this forum.

2. Today was the very first time I removed an unacceptable image of a male.

Only one image was removed today. Are you guys going to sit here and cry over one image that was removed when countless of other images were removed? Are going to sit there and ignore the fact that I know what I erase and so forth and accuse homophobic behavior via the mods because I am invading this turf?

The fact of the matter is, if the image falls under any of the posted restrictions they will get removed. Regardless of any personal opinions. However, mods do NOT see everything on this forum as it is vast. This is the whole entire reason for the report function. Therefore, when an unacceptable image has sat for a long period of time, it's YOUR FAULT for not reporting it. Just because it's been sitting there for a long time doesn't mean we are allowing it. We just haven't seen it yet. So, if you want us to play fair, get off your high almighty horses and use the functions we give you to keep the playing field level. We're all equal here.

For those who wish to keep asserting accusations with no shred of proof, I will tell you this. You don't know me, I don't know you, I don't care what you think that you know of me. My job is to make sure you are following the rules of this forum. That's it.

/rant

Quote:
Therefore, when an unacceptable image has sat for a long period of time, it's YOUR FAULT for not reporting it. Just because it's been sitting there for a long time doesn't mean we are allowing it.

So...your saying it's MY fault if an unacceptable image is there for while without reporting it? I've had harassment on this forum from ppl I've reported...and guess what? Still got trolled on despite reporting them all...and if I report again it seemingly gets ignored. Also, I've reported trolling responses in some threads I either made or posted in and the mods didn't seem to care. So don't sat here and act like all you mods are polite and dedicated to helping the community because 9/10 their not, trust me.

Also, like I mentioned above, I've send reports that some mods (note I said some)ignored with deaf ears, so what makes you think, that if I report inappropriate pics of females that you mods will remove it?

Wanna know why you don't get reports on inappropriate female pics? Because, to the majority of ppl on this forum, it's relatively "accepted" and hey, most who are straight probably 9/10 won't report those pics because they love b****sts.

Also one more thing, I've seen some ppl post screenshots of women in suggested/inappropriate matter but like I said, even if I "complain" about it, will it get removed? No.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-07 00:44:27  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Is that how you view members of the LGBT community? As people who 'cry'? I think you need to re-evaluate your stance on what is right and wrong, perhaps seeking the advice of others. I just think it is so incredibly sad that persons such as yourself still exist in society given the leaps and bounds that civil rights movements have made.

I can almost certainly assure you the term "cry" would have been used if this same situation came up with heterosexual material.

Stop trying to make everything about sexuality. A picture that violated certain terms was posted. One picture. Go back to posting a bunch of pictures like the handful that weren't removed and surprise, they won't be removed either.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 00:49:37  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

I can almost certainly assure you the term "cry" would have been used if this same situation came up with heterosexual material.

Stop trying to make everything about sexuality. A picture that violated certain terms was posted. One picture. Go back to posting a bunch of pictures like the handful that weren't removed and surprise, they won't be removed either.

Quote:

But who would possibly "cry" about heterosexual material being used? Answer: No one. No one cries about heterosexual material because it's "accepted".
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2014-12-07 00:49:56  
This thread sticks out more than others. Normal users are more likely to look into it out of curiosity, get their panties in a bunch, and report what they see.

The pics of women are so commonplace that no one sees them as shocking or bothers to report them. They're also evenly dispersed throughout the forum, while similar pics of men tend to be concentrated only in one place. It creates an unfortunate double standard, but this isn't really the mods' fault.
[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 00:53:51  
Shiva.Carrelo said: »
This thread sticks out more than others. Normal users are more likely to look into it out of curiosity, get their panties in a bunch, and report what they see.

The pics of women are so commonplace that no one sees them as shocking or bothers to report them. It's not really the mods' fault.

Quote:
The pics of women are so commonplace that no one sees them as shocking or bothers to report them. It's not really the mods' fault.

Yeah, but when pics of men go up, you get ppl like Aelius showing up with the topicban hammer. Like I said, no will report the pics of naked females because, to most ppl, it's "acceptable".

Pics of men? You get one report on a pic of a man and what do you know? A mod shows up. Even if pics of women were reported, the mods won't left a finger so that's why no one bothers reporting them.
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-07 00:56:17  
But who would possibly "cry" about heterosexual material being used? Answer: No one. No one cries about heterosexual material because it's "accepted".

I'm not talking about people crying about the material in question.

The context of "crying" was you are dumping an unfathomable amount of energy complaining about a single picture being fairly removed, and immediately turn it into a sexuality issue with no indication of that being the case(though I'm not against the theory that there's plenty of homophobic people on the forum ready to report when they see inappropriate material).

If someone posted a picture of a near naked female and it was removed, I wouldn't expect everyone to start accusing the mod of being "hetero-phobic", I'd expect them to go "Oh yeah, that was clearly something that shouldn't have been posted". If they dedicated a page saying how it was somehow the mod's personal vendetta, I'd say they were crying too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 01:01:35  

I'm not talking about people crying about the material in question.

The context of "crying" was you are dumping an unfathomable amount of energy complaining about a single picture being fairly removed, and immediately turn it into a sexuality issue with no indication of that being the case(though I'm not against the theory that there's plenty of homophobic people on the forum ready to report when they see inappropriate material).

If someone posted a picture of a near naked female and it was removed, I wouldn't expect everyone to start accusing the mod of being "hetero-phobic", I'd expect them to go "Oh yeah, that was clearly something that shouldn't have been posted". If they dedicated a page saying how it was somehow the mod's personal vendetta, I'd say they were crying too.

Quote:
The context of "crying" was you are dumping an unfathomable amount of energy complaining about a single picture being fairly removed, and immediately turn it into a sexuality issue with no indication of that being the case

This is about fairness which you obviously aren't getting. Even if it was "ONE" pic that got removed, tell me how many inappropriate pics of females were removed? I've seen SEVERAL SEVERAL pics of inappropriate pics of females on this forum in several different threads which is probably still there to this day. And wanna know why? This:

Like I said, no will report the pics of naked females because, to most ppl, it's "acceptable".

There you go.

Quote:
If someone posted a picture of a near naked female and it was removed, I wouldn't expect everyone to start accusing the mod of being "hetero-phobic", I'd expect them to go "Oh yeah, that was clearly something that shouldn't have been posted"

No one would report it because like Carrelo said "The pics of women are so commonplace that no one sees them as shocking or bothers to report them."
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-12-07 01:04:59  
Honestly, I don't think it's fair to label this moderation as "homophobic" (i.e. intent to harass or belittle due to discomfort with the subject matter)--at worst it's a case of a long-standing double-standard that favours a het majority. Does a double-standard go so far as to imply a closeted-hatred towards a minority or intolerance of it? I am not sure it does at all without fully-knowing intention (in spite of blanket statements like "people like you/him/her" etc.)

I have seen female photos removed before due to violating the forum standards for images--and while I readily admit that although I am not the (het) target audience of the photos, I do appreciate them, so maybe I am biased as well. But the mods have even removed photos of suggestive FRUIT (lol) of all things--the infamous LGBT "banana-cantaloupe" image comes to mind. I would hesitate to use the "fruit intolerance" label on that one, as well. :p

If this were truly a homophobic mod reaction, then other photos here within this thread would have been removed as well, no?
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-07 01:05:45  
I can quote too :

Therefore, when an unacceptable image has sat for a long period of time, it's YOUR FAULT for not reporting it.

A mod should catch photos whenever they can, they won't catch all of them. Just because a handful of people on the forum are homophobic and will report these quickly doesn't make it the mods fault for removing it, they have to remove it. If you want equality so badly, go police all the female related material that doesn't fit the image guidelines and report it instead of saying "Nothing will happen QQ"
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 01:13:56  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Honestly, I don't think it's fair to label this moderation as "homophobic" (i.e. intent to harass or belittle due to discomfort with the subject matter)--at worst it's a case of a long-standing double-standard that favours a het majority. Does a double-standard go so far as to imply a closeted-hatred towards a minority or intolerance of it? I am not sure it does at all without fulling knowing intention (in spite of blanket statements like "people like you/him/her" etc.)

I have seen female photos removed before due to violating the forum standards for images--and while I readily admit that although I am not the (het) target audience of the photos, I do appreciate them, so maybe I am biased as well. But the mods have even removed photos of suggested FRUIT (lol) of all things--the infamous LGBT "banana-cantaloupe" image comes to mind. I would hesitate to use the "fruit intolerance" label on that one, as well. :p

Quote:
I have seen female photos removed before due to violating the forum standards for images

Which threads? I've even seen avatars that show inappropriate pics of females nearing showing their breasts in scantily clad wear. I mean heck my avatar just has the shirt off so that's not inappropriate.

And yet despite "if" mods are removing inappropriate pics of females thats not stopping ppl from posting them is it? Now when one mod pops up in here we are expected to stop posting pics of men which really aren't inappropriate? We should post the pics we want that don't violate forum guidelines.

All I'm saying is this: Treat us with some level of fairness. Or rather...if you are gonna delete pics of inappropriate males, then delete pics of inappropriate females to! Treat the pics EQUALY and don't be biased, treat them equally and delete them equally if they violate forum guidelines.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-07 01:17:10  
So...your saying it's MY fault if an unacceptable image is there for while without reporting it?

Yes.

I've had harassment on this forum from ppl I've reported...and guess what? Still got trolled on despite reporting them all...

Clearly, you didn't contact me on this matter of harassment.

and if I report again it seemingly gets ignored.

You cannot report something you're already reported and we dismiss it. That's the way the system works.

Also, I've reported trolling responses in some threads I either made or posted in and the mods didn't seem to care.

Just relooked at your own topic with your reports, looks like we deleted them and topicbanned the trollers. Not sure how we didn't do anything...

So don't sat here and act like all you mods are polite and dedicated to helping the community because 9/10 their not, trust me.

I am always polite until I am pushed. I like your 90% rating that we aren't polite. So are you going to stop this nonsense because you seem to be on your own with this vendetta according to everyone else's post.

Furthermore, not sure why your advocating others about not reporting female images. If in turn, does this make you a feminist?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-07 01:18:24  
Now when one mod pops up in here we are expected to stop posting pics of men which really aren't inappropriate? We should post the pics we want that don't violate forum guidelines.

That's exactly what we were told to do. One picture violated the guidelines, so it was removed and the guidelines were posted so you could make more educated choices with what pictures you post. We were not told to stop posing pictures entirely.

On that note, maybe we should stop bitching about this.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-07 01:18:43  
I mean heck my avatar just has the shirt off so that's not inappropriate.

Actually, the other mods and I have discussed whether the 'hand-in-your-pants' was provocative or not. Seeing how your avatar was reported twice, you still have it based on our decision.

Which threads?

How can you ask this when the images are already erased?
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 01:19:32  
I can quote too :

Therefore, when an unacceptable image has sat for a long period of time, it's YOUR FAULT for not reporting it.

A mod should catch photos whenever they can, they won't catch all of them. Just because a handful of people on the forum are homophobic and will report these quickly doesn't make it the mods fault for removing it, they have to remove it. If you want equality so badly, go police all the female related material that doesn't fit the image guidelines and report it instead of saying "Nothing will happen QQ"

Quote:
If you want equality so badly, go police all the female related material that doesn't fit the image guidelines and report it instead of saying "Nothing will happen

Because, nothing will happen. I don't have to police them. While I didn't care much for the pics of the near naked female material (I respect females btw so don't think I'm hating on you cause I'm not.) I didn't report them because, really I doubt they would remove them. And also if you bothered to read anything of what I said, I said before that I reported alot of things on this forum, harassment, trolling and were they remedied or answered? No. Certain mods wouldn't see anything wrong, thus won't do anything about it so what's the point of reporting the inappropriate female pics now when I know how (some) of these mods are? Can't blame for not reporting even if I want to report them, I know how some mods are here.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-12-07 01:20:45  
\
Which threads? I've even seen avatars that show inappropriate pics of females nearing showing their breasts in scantily clad wear. I mean heck my avatar just has the shirt off so that's not inappropriate.

And yet despite "if" mods are removing inappropriate pics of females thats not stopping ppl from posting them is it? Now when one mod pops up in here we are expected to stop posting pics of men which really aren't inappropriate? We should post the pics we want that don't violate forum guidelines.

All I'm saying is this: Treat us with some level of fairness. Or rather...if you are gonna delete pics of inappropriate males, then delete pics of inappropriate females to! Treat the pics EQUALY and don't be biased, treat them equally and delete them equally if they violate forum guidelines.

I recall the "Misty" images being removed repeatedly, as well as the "Hot girl of the day" image thread being nuked out of existence. I also recall the nightly RT "plot bombing" being moderated after some complaints about it.

I don't pretend there isn't a double-standard...I just want to call it what it is. I just am not sure it is "homophobia" nor does it fall in the "I can't believe there are people like you in this day and age" or "so that is how you see LGBT community members?" type reactions, is all. :/

As for Aelius, he did imply (even if not explicitly-stating in his language) in his last post above that he would try to be more even-handed in that regard, amid defensiveness over the accusations. :/ I would hope things go forward in that regard, then.

EDIT: Sorry, so slow to reply, I had to put in the quote for context. ;_;
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-07 01:21:30  
I know how some mods are here.

You've never dealt with me until 45 minutes ago.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-12-07 01:26:34  
Oh dear.....

[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-12-07 01:26:45  
I mean heck my avatar just has the shirt off so that's not inappropriate.

Actually, the other mods and I have discussed whether the 'hand-in-your-pants' was provocative or not. Seeing how your avatar was reported twice, you still have it based on our decision.

Wow...how kind of you...do you except a thank you? I've seen trolls in threads like this:

"http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45095/bf-stabbed-for-eating-thanksgiving-meal-to-early#2761747"

who trolled me because my avatar wasn't wearing a shirt. In fact I've removed SEVERAL homophobic comments from my profile page from ppl here who are ignorant and hate me because I'm gay.

"Provocative"? Okay so the scantily clad near naked female pics don't get reported right? Cause I know some members on this forum who have avatars of females dressed or in inappropriate positions on avatar pics and their pics are STILL there. Have you gotten reports on them yet? No? Didn't think so, or if you did, did you remove them? No.

You debate my avatar when there are others whose pics are WAY more reportable then mine? Wow...just wow. I know I have haters on this forum but...wow.
First Page 2 3 ... 1496 1497 1498 ... 1505 1506 1507