FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-09 15:25:53  
You completely took everything I just said out of context. I never stated it was. I would try to specifically state what I meant, but it's already in my previous post.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-09 15:27:00  
"Immature keep this as non-political as I can, but asking for equal rights is totally overreaching."

Like, are you actually serious?
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-09 15:30:14  
Can someone please read what I actually wrote? K thanks. I'm not putting words into your mouth. I would appreciate the same decency.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 15:32:15  
What I think Dravidian is saying is that the usual "freedom of expression (gay rights) vs. freedom of religion" fight that generally takes place between government/businesses and people would fall towards religious freedoms more than expression.

Highly unlikely anything close to DOMA is going to come back into play. And if it does, then I will be supporting the removal of any and all Congress members who support such legislation.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 15:33:44  
That's enough. This is the LGBT thread for AH, everyone is welcome but let's keep the arguments and conflict out. if you want to discuss such things in P&R, that's fine. This isn't the place.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-09 15:36:40  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Reread your own words.
"You will most likely be prevented from over reaching more so now"
Implies over reaching has occurred or was attempted in the past and was tolerated.

"you will most likely be prevented from over reaching more so now than with what could of potentially happened with Obama."

Fixed for clarity since ignored the entire statement.

And yep. I'm done :).
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 15:37:18  
It's just that, this is the casual chatter but more LGBT friendly and focused. Better to keep it to P&R.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 15:42:03  
He said he's done, I'll take his word for it.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 15:49:04  
If anyone wishes to continue down the rabbit hole, please follow it here and let's see how far this takes us.
[+]
By Verda 2016-11-09 16:12:14  
I grew up in rural Colorado, it's as they call it a purple state that is very divisive and I have always worked hard as many other Coloradans my entire life to set politics aside to live our every day lives, however it is very hard to do so especially when one of my brothers is an atheist and the other strictly religious (I'm agnostic by the way), and as a bisexual I have a lot to worry about, including statements by my religious brother's wife's dad that he wishes San Fransisco was nuked and napalam'd because there's so many homosexuals there. These are the people that always vote far right no matter the consequences and hold gun rights as more important than the rights of other people. They also claim all democrats do not work and live off welfare when many people in their own family live off welfare and vote right, and most the democrats I see graduated college and make more money than them, I see them as the highly hypocritical, fearful of everything that isn't them, and damaged people. And that's what won, fear and ignorance. LGBT people have every right to be fearful of the future now, I've felt like puking most the day and haven't even touched my project despite the upcoming black friday deadlines in my industry.

I trust Donald Trump as far as I can throw him, the Gay Pride flag barely more than a publicity stunt that I expect to be abandoned every moment of his presidency, especially when he appoints a Supreme Court justice that shares views of homophobia, racism, sexism, and a nostalgia for "the good old days" when they were socially accepted norms, meaning for the next 40 some years any social rights cases that do get to the supreme court hold a very poor chance of erring on the side of justice but rather fear, hatred, and discrimination. Big/small government, business regulations, and other policies right voters defend are all secondary to human rights and having citizens actually free and not discriminated in their own country which those other ideas are supposed to help serve, I'm half tempted to join the rallies and protests saying f*ck trump, not my president. And foreign policy? He's basically got a view of being a macho tough guy and that fixes our relationships with other nations it's a nightmare, it will only give rise to derision and conflict you don't get along with people by bullying them that's how wars are started. His call to unity is hollow words because he has control so things will go his way, which is going to be the way that is best for Donald J Trump and no one else, and I doubt his ability to even navigate that properly given his business history and abusing of chapter 11 to write off all his failures. News flash, the US doesn't get to declare chapter 11 after Donald Trump *** it up. Sorry but we're in for a ***4 years, and even his candidacy has upped bullying in schools against minorities and LGBT, he makes racists and bullies feel empowered and vindicated.

I and every LGBT person I know is in a dark place right now and if things are reversed in the supreme court, it could affect not just the next 4 years but the rest of our lives. People claim he's for the working class, but so did Hillary. All I've seen in Colorado by voters saying they voted for him is people looking to justify their fear and hatred they have long harbored and been angsty wasn't socially accepted or vindicated, well we just gave them that acceptance and vindication that hey, it's ok to hurt and harm those you don't understand.

I also know people that wanted to get into the US that live in Mexico who are a talented and productive artist, they're basically *** now too, so much wrong with all of this, *** my country. I can be somewhat a chameleon if I have to be, but not all LGBT are so lucky and it's them that this will hurt the most. To anyone saying things will be fine, it's easy to say that kind of stuff when you share none of the people's problems you just voted to make far, far, far worse.

The supreme court is traditionally the battleground of civil rights, and it just got a lot more homophobic, sexist and racist for the next 40+ years, and so did any new laws since the house and senate are red now too. When India's kids are suffering permanent lung damage from toxic smog in major cities, Trump promised to pull out of climate change initiatives and start up a renewed effort on fossil fuels. Oh and my stocks went to ***, he hasn't even started the presidency and he's already doing the opposite of making America Great Again. The only thing this election changed my views on is how much intelligence and faith I have in the average person which I already felt was a pretty low bar to begin with. Meanwhile this Christmas I have to smile and shake the hands of people that want me and anyone like me nuked and napalm'd off the face of the earth while their grandad lives off money the government gives them for corn subsidies and hear them say how bad it is people can't make their own living and live off the government when it's usually uneducated rural recipients that are receiving welfare and vote right in my experience rather than all the "democrats without jobs" when every democrat I know is educated with a college degree and have well paying jobs in a career they chose. I can't stay positive or put a hopeful outlook on this, nor should I be asked to.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 16:25:33  
Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If anyone wishes to continue down the rabbit hole, please follow it here and let's see how far this takes us.
What brings you in here only now? you've been on the site for many years and always avoided this thread.
I lurk here every now and then, but rarely.

I have nothing against LGBTQRAlphabetSoup people. Absolutely nothing, even though I'm a conservative and am viewed by some people to be homophobic quite often, both in RL and on this website.

I just saw something I had a question about recently, asked a question, and provided information. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 16:39:21  
I'm a conservative and am viewed by some people to be homophobic quite often in RL
What behavior is causing this? that would be stressful I'd imagine.
Blind hatred of people with different viewpoints other than their own.

Meaning it's them that's stereotyping me to be a homophobe because I'm conservative. I'm not, and really, those homophobes can be found everywhere, regardless of their political standings.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-09 16:45:08  
Something as simple as not mocking our labels ("LGBTQRAlphabetSoup") would be great. I realize it's meant in a casual humor sense but it doesn't help in any instance where people are already cautious of your views.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 16:47:04  
I'm a conservative and am viewed by some people to be homophobic quite often in RL
What behavior is causing this? that would be stressful I'd imagine.
Blind hatred of people with different viewpoints other than their own.

Meaning it's them that's stereotyping me to be a homophobe because I'm conservative. I'm not, and really, those homophobes can be found everywhere, regardless of their political standings.
you tell people you're conservative and they tell you they consider you homophobic? where is this happening?

I'm guessing at your old job in texas with coworkers?
This forum, real life, and whatnot.

Family members, who know my political stances, have accused me of being homophobic before they even know what my views on gay people are.

It's also shown on the media too. WP/NYT constantly throws out articles and opinion pieces that state that all conservatives are homophobes/racists/deplorables/whatnots.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 16:48:05  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Something as simple as not mocking our labels ("LGBTQRAlphabetSoup") would be great. I realize it's meant in a casual humor sense but it doesn't help in any instance where people are already cautious of your views.
It wasn't mocking. If it was taken that way, then I will stop.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Meinnii
サーバ: Odin
user: Leithe
By Odin.Meinnii 2016-11-09 16:51:14  
I actually like the Alphabet Soup people terminology, hehe. The LGBT+ community has grown so much over the last few years to include more minorities that it's original LGBT just doesn't cover everyone anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 16:54:10  
Odin.Meinnii said: »
I actually like the Alphabet Soup people terminology, hehe. The LGBT+ community has grown so much over the last few years to include more minorities that it's original LGBT just doesn't cover everyone anymore.
Having light humor should create tension between people. After Pleebo stated that, I could see why it would rub people the wrong way, even though that was not my intention. I appreciate your views, as that is basically what I meant by that.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 17:00:29  
Odin.Meinnii said: »
LGBT+ seems a tad more visually appealing than LGBTQ for some reason.
 Odin.Meinnii
サーバ: Odin
user: Leithe
By Odin.Meinnii 2016-11-09 17:04:56  
I think the full term is actually LGBTQIA+ now, but LGBT+ is easier to remember and as you said more visually appealing.

Having light humor should create tension between people. After Pleebo stated that, I could see why it would rub people the wrong way, even though that was not my intention. I appreciate your views, as that is basically what I meant by that.

You're welcome. I try to keep an open mind and not judge too quickly, doesn't always work, but most of the time it does~
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-09 17:09:02  
LGBT+ tends to preferred in some circles, assuming they accept abbreviation at all. Mostly by younger members who hate the word *** as a blanket term.

Older members have been using *** as a blanket term for a few decades and aren't as likely to be upset by its use as such.

Context depending, of course.

Correct me if I'm inaccurate at all, please.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 17:12:58  
I thought the Q was "questioning" to many.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 17:14:00  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I thought
There you go, thinking again!

What have we told you about doing that! Now go outside and take the smell of burnt bacon with you!
First Page 2 3 ... 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507