FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 809 810 811 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2011-03-16 02:30:30  
It's so different for each person coming out. It was 10 years ago in February for me that I first started coming out to my family, and family members are still finding out (last uncle found out this past Easter and I see him often enough, just was never close with him). It wasn't bad at all for me, all my sisters understood, my mom was hesitant for awhile, and my dad never knew, nor his side of the family (due to their pat robertson/glenn beck/rush limbaugh mentality they carry).

On the other hand, when my boyfriend came out, his father became very angry and they grew apart for awhile. His father even threatened him, and said he'd never come to a holiday that he'd host with his partner. Well, he showed up this Thanksgiving and had a good time.

I've heard stories both good and bad, it's hard to give advice on how to approach it, but when it's all said and done, it feels great.
 Bismarck.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cuelebra 2011-03-16 02:40:59  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
if you were wondering...

i have a thing for bears =3

i /nosebleed every time i see oumura's avatar... (and hope it magically shows the whole picture if i look at it hard enough >.>;;)

Yah everyones "coming out" is different. Just do it at the pace that makes u comfortable. Don't let anyone rush u into it till ur ready.

the whole process can be really easy depending on ur family, friends, and of course where u live at. If you live near a big metropolitan city in the US (or whichever country) then it prolly will be easier than u think.
 Odin.Oldive
サーバ: Odin
user: Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2011-03-16 02:49:20  
So I am looking at possibly coming back into the game. I want some people's opinions later on about perhaps what server I should play on. The default right now would be to just wait it out and see how I feel later, but here, on the forums, and in this tread, I've met a lot of you hat I would love to join, instead.

I'm a Bi fellow, currently my character is on Odin, but i think that I would like to make a move of I did come back to the game. I hold just a few well geared 90s but I remember having been very skilled at those jobs.

So if anyone of yall would look into a spot for a Tarutaru BLM THF MNK SMN > WHM > WAR > COR Let me know.

For anyone who remembers me. I look forward to sending you a PM so that I could chat with you about other things as well as ffxi.

I've been lurking in the forum for a while, but always kinda hiding. Back when I was working I had no time on my hands, and I quit that job 2 months ago for my health. I'm in a bit of a dead zone and could use some time back on 11 to keep my spirits up. (My friends have been doing things that get me feeling all nostalgic.) I'll check back in on the forums tomorrow and more regularly from then on, I look forward to meeting those of you I haven't met before, and reconnecting with those of you who I have.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-03-16 02:50:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
if you were wondering...

i /nosebleed every time i see oumura's avatar... (and hope it magically shows the whole picture if i look at it hard enough >.>;;)

Edit nvm, I got beat to it lol

You're welcome^^

Hey Tohi! Cute pictures. :D I've only seen one other girlka in my years. She played it for the same reasons you do. :P She wanted to feel huge, and thought that she could hit stuff with her tail. xD

Galka should be able to hit things with their big tails ;; hehe its fun punching puny beastmen in the face, on Tohi most of them are ether same size as her or bigger (well besides Gobs) but right now...much more fun to nuke Antica to death ^^
I was called the Vana'Diel Brock for awhile..just cause I could tell what Galka was who (face models) by the grunts...ahh also if I ever learn dats.. I'd like to fix the pumpkin hat/mask so it doesn't cover their entire face ;;
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 02:50:41  
thanks for the feedback,

i'll probably wait a little while longer to get my thoughts in order and work up the nerve to just do it.

i do actually live outside the largest city in the state, i really think i dont need to worry much about negative reception, with the bit of family i live with at least.
 Bismarck.Cuelebra
By Bismarck.Cuelebra 2011-03-16 02:52:39  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
thanks for the feedback,

i'll probably wait a little while longer to get my thoughts in order and work up the nerve to just do it.

i do actually live outside the largest city in the state, i really think i dont need to worry much about negative reception, with the bit of family i live with at least.

which state? if u dont mind me asking. im well traveled lol
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 02:53:32  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
if you were wondering...

Edit nvm, I got beat to it lol

You're welcome^^

Hey Tohi! Cute pictures. :D I've only seen one other girlka in my years. She played it for the same reasons you do. :P She wanted to feel huge, and thought that she could hit stuff with her tail. xD

Galka should be able to hit things with their big tails ;; hehe its fun punching puny beastmen in the face, on Tohi most of them are ether same size as her or bigger (well besides Gobs) but right now...much more fun to nuke Antica to death ^^
I was called the Vana'Diel Brock for awhile..just cause I could tell what Galka was who (face models) by the grunts...ahh also if I ever learn dats.. I'd like to fix the pumpkin hat/mask so it doesn't cover their entire face ;;

this guide is wonderful for the modding newbie
http://www.grumpyrarab.ffximc.com/
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 02:53:55  
Bismarck.Cuelebra said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
thanks for the feedback,

NC
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-03-16 02:58:03  
Apologies in advance for this wall-o-text.^^;;

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
soo, i think im about ready to come out about being gay...

(spoilering so i dont have a huge post maybe)

I was the same. I was aware of my feelings for guys early on, and took extreme pains to hide the truth from everyone - most importantly, from myself. It worked for awhile; long enough for me to make it safely out of high school in Alabama of all places.

After spending a year and a half at college, a much more accepting atmosphere, I found myself able to sit down and force myself to objectively consider the question of my sexual orientation. There was still no way in hell I was going to tell anyone - until recently, I suffered from severe social anxiety - so I resolved to keep it a secret and spend my life alone.

On New Year's Eve of last year, my sophomore year, I unsuspectingly sat down to watch a movie with my family. Little did anyone know when we put in the DVD, but this movie (Sordid Lives, I highly recommend it^^) carried a heart-wrenchingly touching message of acceptance and hope for people suffering in the closet. It took an inhuman force to keep a straight face (no pun intended lol) at the end when the guy comes out to his homophobic mother, who then gives him like the warmest hug ever.

The 3 days after I watched that movie were the hardest days of my life to date. I knew what I wanted to do - come out - but was so afraid and crushed by anxiety that I became physically ill. Couldn't eat, couldn't sleep; it was hell. In the end though, I managed to pull my mom aside and finally let go of almost a decade's worth of lonely suffering.

I had planned out exactly what I wanted to say to her, thinking I could somehow keep it from being too awkward. Eeeeepic fail lol nothing went according to plan. And you know what, everything turned out fine anyway. I really don't think there's an easy way to go about coming out; and to be honest, it's not worth worrying about. If you're sure you want to tell someone - and you're sure you won't be in any danger afterward - my advice is to just tell them you have something important to say, then say it. Thinking too much will only make it harder.

I do not advise posting it on facebook. First of all, a lot of people won't take it seriously; it's a common joke to hijack a friend's account and post a fake coming out status. Second of all, I think it's best to do it face-to-face (as long as you're sure the person won't hurt you or something). Even if you use a status update or a text message to let people know, sooner or later you're going to have to face them in real life. Finally, keep in mind that facebook isn't the least bit secure. Depending on where you're from, you run the very real risk of facing job discrimination in the future.

Another piece of advice: be considerate of your close friends and family. Understand that this could very easily make them uncomfortable. Don't just dump it on them "the ball's in your court" style - try to make it clear that you want to keep the channels of communication open. They may need time to let it sink in; it's crucially important not to push them away, accidentally or not.

Identity is hard. We spend our lives asking ourselves who we are; trying to pin it down, define it. Sexual orientation plays an important role in this question of identity. However, there are so many other things that contribute to our "identity" that it's absurd to even attempt a definition. This comes with a warning: do not lose yourself during the coming out process. Being gay will undeniably have an impact on your life; right now, you're seeking to come out because you feel in your heart that it's what you want to do. But don't restrict your identity to sexual orientation alone - (cliché alert) always let your heart guide you. Don't do things because you're gay and "that's what gay people do." Do them because you truly want to - or don't do them at all.

Coming out is really easy for some people and really hard for others. In any case, be proud that you have the resolve to ask yourself hard questions and make hard decisions. :) Personally, I feel like coming out was a great new beginning to my life - I really wish I had been able to do it sooner - but it's not necessarily always best to let everyone know. In my case, nobody from my hometown knows except my mom (still getting around to my dad and brother lol), but then again I'm from Alabama and not really interested in the drama that would ensue. XD For now, I'm content just being out to my friends on campus.^^

You've got the support of a great community here if you ever need to talk things through. I'm glad that they were here for me last year and I hope things go as well for you as they have for me so far.^^
[+]
 Bismarck.Cuelebra
By Bismarck.Cuelebra 2011-03-16 02:59:10  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Bismarck.Cuelebra said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
thanks for the feedback,

NC

Not sure about Charlotte, NC. but ur close to NY and FL that means. The gay communities in Miami and New York are huge, some the biggest in the country. Boston, Washington DC, Orlando also have fairly large communities.

I have a few friends in DC. and the community their is fantastic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-16 03:02:44  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

this guide is wonderful for the modding newbie
http://www.grumpyrarab.ffximc.com/

I also used this forum post when I was trying to figure out .DATs. I'm not too good with photoshop though. The hard part is figuring out how your flat, 4 sided image wraps around your 3D character and where everything goes. It can be really confusing.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-03-16 03:07:17  
Bismarck.Cuelebra said:
Omfg, two things on my mind:
1) I love you for also being a chem nerd. :3
2) I feel bad that I spent the day on the beach (during Spring Break -_-;) instead of participating in that awesome discussion! xD
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 03:16:27  

oh yea, i looked at that one too, only briefly though, it helped me with learning recolors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bismarck.Cuelebra said:

wow, i never new that about the east coast, as for charlotte, i havent heard much either, most of it is ghetto neighborhoods though.

~~~~~~~~~

Alexander.Carrelo said:

this post is just amazing! it was a wonderfully delightful read. the first four paragraphs really hit close to home with me, thats exactly how i feel/have felt at times! thank you for sharing your story, and for the advice =)
 Bismarck.Cuelebra
By Bismarck.Cuelebra 2011-03-16 03:16:55  
Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
Bismarck.Cuelebra said:
Omfg, two things on my mind:
1) I love you for also being a chem nerd. :3
2) I feel bad that I spent the day on the beach (during Spring Break -_-;) instead of participating in that awesome discussion! xD

oh why thank you :)

Theres nothing more fun that discussing equilibrium systems involving hydrocarbons on ffxiah in the gay forums.

BTW OMG i love this song... has nothing to do with current discussion lol

Bismarck.Cuelebra
By Bismarck.Cuelebra 2011-03-16 03:22:13  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

wow, i never new that about the east coast, as for charlotte, i havent heard much either, most of it is ghetto neighborhoods though.

oh yes. New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Miami have the biggest gay populations in the country.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 03:23:26  
SF and LA i knew about, those are probably the most well known XD
 Bismarck.Cuelebra
By Bismarck.Cuelebra 2011-03-16 03:25:53  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
SF and LA i knew about, those are probably the most well known XD

I live in LA. I actually live in West Hollywood proper. and its too big for my liking sometimes, but i love it. lol Its like i cant even go to gym or CVS without "gaydar" going off lol
 Phoenix.Kugata
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Greiver
By Phoenix.Kugata 2011-03-16 03:34:44  
and still no ppl from Titan -_-
/sigh
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-03-16 03:38:07  
Bismarck.Cuelebra said:

oh why thank you :)

Theres nothing more fun that discussing equilibrium systems involving hydrocarbons on ffxiah in the gay forums.

Organic Chemistry~~~~ '-')b

@coming out
The only person I'd care about coming out to would be my mother - obviously never going to happen now.
Professionally and personally, it's really not something I'd broadcast.

Also,

This game is consuming my time during my break! @_@;

Back to reading! :'3
 Bismarck.Reyke
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-03-16 03:57:29  
I dl the demo earlier today and yea cant wait for the full game good thing its about a week or so away.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-03-16 03:59:54  
Bismarck.Reyke said:
I dl the demo earlier today and yea cant wait for the full game good thing its about a week or so away.

I have the full game in Japanese~
Epic fun!

It uses a lot of advanced kanji for a video game. ;;
I'm getting the gist of it though~ :3

Edit:
***, I thought of Slender Man! D:
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-16 06:05:41  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
OK guys...I'm so confused right now... one of the comments on my rl pics is well...confusing....halp? its on this one http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/55140

jesus dude how old are you like 9

Sure why not -.- just because I never heard a song with those lyrics dosn't mean I'm a kid.

To anyone else who gonna troll me or otherwise attack me just PM me & don't spam this thread up ok?

lolwat

you look really young, idk anything about a song

if you get that upset over being told you look young idk what to tell you

you probably spend a lot of time upset
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-03-16 06:27:15  
Its annoying, that's all.

ugh It was better off I never bothered, this is what happens if I get even a shred of confidence in myself. The internet is the worst place to show yourself...lesson learnt...only show pictures of myself to friends....not strangers who think you're ugly (which I am not) or think you are too young e-e

Sorry ffxiah, never again will I show myself unless its to friends.

I look forward to when the servers are turned on...many people to blist weather its trolls or pedophiles.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-16 08:57:07  
@Irohuro spoilered because its longish... no dirty pics i swear
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-03-16 12:38:31  
Its annoying, that's all.

ugh It was better off I never bothered, this is what happens if I get even a shred of confidence in myself. The internet is the worst place to show yourself...lesson learnt...only show pictures of myself to friends....not strangers who think you're ugly (which I am not) or think you are too young e-e

Sorry ffxiah, never again will I show myself unless its to friends.

I look forward to when the servers are turned on...many people to blist weather its trolls or pedophiles.

o_o;
Calm down. . .
Haters gunna hate; trollers gunna troll; pedos gunna well. . . pedo?

You are who you are.

Honestly, I don't understand why you'd be angered about being complimented on your youthful appearance.

Many people, including myself, fear getting older (and looking older too)! ;;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-03-16 13:05:22  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
yeah true this guy looks like he's 20 years older than he is! : p

Wait, who are you talking about? @@;

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen you. >_>;
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 13:06:34  
you look very doctorly in your avatar, btw =D
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-16 13:08:11  
A couple years ago i was told I was a 40 year old traped in a teenagers body... Was funny because we got along really well and she had this absoulte hatred of teenagers XD
First Page 2 3 ... 809 810 811 ... 1505 1506 1507