フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Power of the PUP
Power of the PUP
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-03-01 14:46:55  
So, now that PUP's H2H rank will be raised from C to A, will that make them more useful/powerful than MNK? Will it be like having a MNK with its own mage/melee/tank?
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 14:48:00  
I'm wondering if they will have access to Asuran fists now. Doesn't really matter, stringing pummel is better ^^
 Ramuh.Citag
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2010-03-01 14:48:20  
Lakshmi.Kitrah said:
So, now that PUP's H2H rank will be raised from C to A, will that make them more useful/powerful than MNK? Will it be like having a MNK with its own mage/melee/tank?

If they fixed the pup gear.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 14:48:25  
it will be a SLIGHTLY less powerful version of MNK.

but...

*** YEAH GO GO PUP!!!
 Ramuh.Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2010-03-01 14:49:34  
Asura.Dameshi said:
I'm wondering if they will have access to Asuran fists now. Doesn't really matter, stringing pummel is better ^^

would be nice to have the extra ws regardless.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 14:55:02  
PUP has Automaton damage and a better WS, MNK has Martial Arts VI, Focus, Counter, Boost, at least 4% Haste, and Faith Baghnakhs (if you choose to use them). I'd still put money on MNK, but not by much... besides, who cares? It's PUP! XD
 Lakshmi.Giti
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-03-01 14:55:52  
meh every is doing pup vs mnk now but nothing really change both jobs roles in party still diff. yeah pup has h2h but the master is not a mnk... sooo many things u can do with pup but they cant replace mnk for the roles mnk has. I have both jobs as alot know and I rather play pup out of all my 75 jobs cause its so fun with all u can do with your puppets and the roles u can play. People can lol @ pup but they dont to mine and thats b4 the h2h upgrade real puppetmasters rock in the 1st place, its the bad ones that burn the job and have shitty skilled puppets that make people lol @pup. but anyway Puppetmaster Power!
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-01 14:58:20  
Pup owns in pvp unless your black as ***
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 15:00:04  
ok, the whole "MNK vs PUP" power debate obviously goes to MNK if you wanna go melee, or PUP if your focus is on magic.

Lakshmi.Giti
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-03-01 15:12:58  
dont forget Kungfuhustle its not just the puppet master u have to count even melee puppet when pup get A h2h not say'n pup is better btw but u cant just say if pup focus on just magic anymore
 Ramuh.Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2010-03-01 15:17:41  
Im really excited abou the pup update. gonna dust it off again after i finish monk.
 Fairy.Guebotermico
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-01 16:05:58  
ok this comes from a person with merited mnk and pup 75 with usukane 5/5 bb and faith torque and aint saying thas whats gonna happen but by the look of things pup will be a better dd simply for this reasons... standar h2h of mnk is 276 and pup will be 269 the mnk highest h2h that they can get is 299 if faith torque and caped merits but if pup gets a rank h2h plus faith and caped merits and oborons sainti with plus 10 h2h then thas pass 300s so just the master alone will obtain superior h2h than mnk can get at this moment... and its true that mnk has alil more haste and kicks and counter with is more dot dmg but dont fool yourselfs because uber mnk asuran fists is about 1k of dmg with the best gear acc and atk.. a pup with regular gear can do also 1k ws and thas with no brd songs and no usukane with a rank c h2h. now imagine a ws from a usukane pup and h2h rank a thas 60+ extra h2h than now with proper gear. so the ws will be around 2k dmg. its just math. just that along gets pup even with mnk kick and counter dmg. and keep in mind that pups has an A+ skilled rng pet that can have 25 haste and hit for 140 plus ws amor piercer 1.5 to 2k dmg + the solo darkness dmg. now ask yourself how in hell can a mnk match or do more than that dmg? i realy want to see a mnk doing 4k+ dmg just in ws solo dmg...

however mnk 2H will still beats pup 2H for zerg because hundred fists is beast but in regular DD with out using 2H pup will be now superior unless SE gimp it again hopefull they never gimp pup again and keep it A h2h and A+ pet lol...
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:16:55  
Can spikes 2k, sure, but pummel average isn't going to be anywhere even in the same ballpark as 2k.

Also, as a pup, you probably know that armor piercer doesn't make darkness w/ pummel
 Fairy.Guebotermico
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-01 16:40:13  
i never say it makes darkness with pummel but pup does make darkness and even solo light and if with a C h2h i can slide 1k ws easy
since the modifiers are 50% str and 50% vit againts asuran fists with only 10% str and 10% vit then just imagine when h2h skill goes from 248 from good pup to pass 300s and having sole sushi+1 to top it off
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:45:48  
Sushi is going to be garbage now. Pizza is the new food for pup.

You may not have said you make darkness w/ pummel, but it was implied
Quote:
1.5 to 2k dmg + the solo darkness dmg.
Solo insinuates you're doing the SC on your own, which wouldn't categorize your automaton closing on let's say a sam's gekko. Where did you get solo darkness from?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:47:26  
Also, the mods aren't 50% and 50%, They're 30something%. It was believed 50 when the ws first came out but a few went and did a lot of testing with it and it's been updated on wiki for a while now.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 16:50:34  
Dun listen to Gueb he told me he tossed togi after 5/5 usu! Like it didnt have a use anymore...

*cough* asuran fists *cough*
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:53:16  
Oh, I definitely think pup will be stronger after this update, just not to the degree he's giving it credit for.

I tossed a togi, too!~ (only my nq one)
 Fairy.Guebotermico
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-01 16:53:24  
lol asuran fists? im doing more dmg with 1.2+ dragon kick witht he right armor set up for modifiers witch is more dmg than asuran so i dont need that ws unless im making darkness with someone now another thing yes i did tossed it but i also got it back in case i need to do darkness so now the point is that i have it and it doesnt changes the fact that a proper dragon kick does more dmg lol
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 16:55:17  
Not really. Only when footwork is up and sometimes when it isnt.
 Fairy.Guebotermico
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-01 16:55:43  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Oh, I definitely think pup will be stronger after this update, just not to the degree he's giving it credit for.

well knowing SE they will cap the dmg ws in a certain point i was just saying a math example afther 60s extra h2h with proper equip thas a very nice buff right there and like i say my point is that i have both jobs and asuran does 1k and pummel does 1k and pup is getting more skills now so even a 2 year old would know that pup will have higher dmg in ws its just comun sence
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:56:20  
Dragon kick can spike higher than asuran, sure, but you won't get a higher average out of DK than you will asuran, unless you're doing it wrong. If you were fulltiming footwork, sure (which you shouldn't be), otherwise, no way you're averaging 1.2k, sorry. 1.2k possible, yes. Averageable, definitely not. can't just look at the highest peak number, need to look for consistency. The only thing dragon kick is better on is 200 or higher TP, and footwork. I'd say high defense mobs, too, but if footwork isn't in play, then howling will be the superior WS in that situation.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:57:34  
Being able to do a 2k ws and averaging 2k on a ws are two completely different things. I'm not saying hitting 2k will not be possible, because I'm sure it is, but averaging it, just plain not going to happen, which again, you're giving it more credit than due.
 Fairy.Guebotermico
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-01 16:57:45  
yes footwork + dune boots but dont forget about Asetic fury that thing also has more modifiers than asuran and so does howling fist? lol im braking 1k dmg with proper gear for modifiers on each of those ws so asuran doesnt make anything better unless u making darkness ... whats the diff in a 1k ws and another 1k ws? notting unless theres an skill chain
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:58:43  
Asuran will 1k w/ more consistency on anything that doesn't have extremly high defense, is the point. 1k and 1k is the same, but you won't average 1k with both. can't go by highest dmg only, have to go by average for most total damage over time.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 16:59:07  
As for fury, only good if crits
 Fairy.Guebotermico
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-01 16:59:53  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Being able to do a 2k ws and averaging 2k on a ws are two completely different things. I'm not saying hitting 2k will not be possible, because I'm sure it is, but averaging it, just plain not going to happen, which again, you're giving it more credit than due.

well its very true it wont average 2k simply cuz its multi hits ws and have to land all hits but the thing is that asuran is also a multi hit and wont do 1k all the time enither lol
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 17:02:41  
9/10 asuran >> ascetic, ascetic is only only good for puk isnm imo and dragon kick only when footwork is up or when using dusty wing in salvage. If you wanna eyeball numbers like that I can just say that I see alot of 1000-1300 asuran fists on all gear mobs/chariots/mbs in salvage which I do, so therefore asuran >> dk/asc. NOT having modifiers doesnt mean a ***ws.
 Fairy.Guebotermico
By Fairy.Guebotermico 2010-03-01 17:03:07  
howling fists on my mnk average 700-1.3 depending what im fighting witch for me is better than asuran fits 500-1.2k and im using virtuoso belt both acc rings and all the acc crap i can get
my howling fits is still beating my asurans and for what i see average mnks asurans around me... maybe basilo you and lysol can beat my ws due to exp on the job and stuff but lets be real 4 mnks doesnt make the majority of the mnks in the server witch rarely brake 600 lol
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 17:04:22  
I forgot about dk/hk/ascetic for hnm, but youd come sam and y/g/k for that, asuran >> all rly.
First Page 2