Paladins!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladins!
Paladins!
 Fairy.Dirzaefein
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Dirzaefein 2010-03-05 06:24:05  
Heh, all I can picture is a party lined up behind a paladin as they use the new 'cover' to protect them all... As the paladin stands there, spears, great katanas and arrows pop over its shoulder. Quite an image. Not sure whether that's how they would do it though, lol.

I do agree though. Cover isn't used enough generally. However, I duo with a black mage a lot of the time so I am often leaping infront of her when she pulls hate ^^;
 Kujata.Erim
サーバ: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-03-05 06:30:05  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
DUAL WIELD SHIELDS MOTHER ***!

Job Trait:
Shield Expertise – Allows Shields to become equiped in the main hand. Increases the armor rating of an equipped shield in the characters offhand and the damage of any weapon or shield equipped in the characters main hand by a certain percentage as long as a shield is equipped in either hand.

Job Ability: Similar to Berserk, but for PLDS.
Shield Mastery – Increases the attack speed and damage of a shield equipped in the characters main hand as well as the block percentage of a shield equipped in the characters off hand as long as a shield is equipped in either hand.

New Shield type, small bladed bucklers with a built in DMG that works in tandem with Shield Expertise.
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-05 06:35:30  
Kujata.Erim said:
Job Ability: Similar to Berserk, but for PLDS.
Shield Mastery – Increases the attack speed and damage of a shield equipped in the characters main hand as well as the block percentage of a shield equipped in the characters off hand as long as a shield is equipped in either hand.
Needz a new name >< shield mastery is PLDs JT that gives Tp on shield block w
Also (not directed right at you) but shield will never be main-handable because it breaks the dynamic of the battle system. Its a defense tool, not and offensive tool. SE has already made it so that while using a shield PLD can gain TP which is actually pretty decent of them.
PS: I cannot even picture straight out attacking with a shield....... it doesn't work at all :s as neat as it sounds...... Sorry for hatin' on your ideas..
 Remora.Endrance
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Endrance 2010-03-05 06:41:18  
Eh, We can dream, Can't we Talonn?
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-03-05 06:41:21  
Oh right I forgot there was already a Shield Mastery.

Also, bladed bucklers with extended form could be used a lot like Katars, they would just cover a majority of your arm as well.

Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-05 06:41:42  
Remora.Endrance said:
Eh, We can dream, Can't we Talonn?
yes, yes we can ^^
 Kujata.Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-03-05 06:49:58  
Oh don't forget Shield Weapon Skills!!!

One makes you throw it like Captain America!!! :O lol
"Freedom Prevails!"
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-05 06:52:24  
Kujata.Erim said:
Oh don't forget Shield Weapon Skills!!!

One makes you throw it like Captain America!!! :O lol
"Freedom Prevails!"
www throwing don't even get weapon skills and that ***been around forever ><
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-05 06:58:19  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Shield Armageddon

Upgraded version of Shield Bash. First you smack the monster in the face as usual and then you throw it up into the sky. In typical overdramatic FF style (see: summons) this shield will then split into 100 other shields which will all come crashing back down and each will have the force of a large nuclear explosion. This attack will completely decimate entire zones.

I had to laugh at this one. LOL * Facepalm *

Good try though, A for effort!
 Hades.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Hades
user: tidis
By Hades.Tidis 2010-03-05 06:59:24  
Ooh another idea...

What about letting a percentage of the damage taken by cover be converted to HP? I'm sure everyone would use cover then!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-05 07:00:21  
Bahamut.Shirayuki said:
More job ability hate tools! More I say!

Name: "Have At You"
Description: a white gloved slap to the mob's face, followed by a mooning by yours truly's derriere.

Name: "Codes of Conduct"
Description: I break out my leather crop. *Slap!**Slap!*

Name: "Strategic Retreat"
Description: For 15 seconds, I'm allowed to curl up and hide behind my shield. No need to be able to perform actions while doing so -- just enough so I can... recompose myself.

hmmm... but knowing SE. Some kind of cure, and some kind of magic defense bonus thingy.

Here's another....

ROFLMGDAO!!! must know the guy I quoted above...

Again.. funny, I give you a A too, for effort.

LULZ...
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-03-05 09:00:39  
Oh, I know what I want! Provokega and/or Flashga! Seriously, I want those things.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-03-05 09:11:29  
Cerberus.Phyrefly said:
Oh, I know what I want! Provokega and/or Flashga! Seriously, I want those things.

I picture something like a "taunt" where the Paladin shouts and hits all targets within like a 10 yalm AOE. Maybe half the volatile enmity of provoke but aoe.

I'm going to say 1 more shield mastery trait and 2 more defense bonus. I also think theyll implement something to encourage more meat shield tanking.
 Fairy.Spiriel
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-03-05 09:20:14  
Flashga? BLU Actinic Burst :D
By Kobuh 2010-03-05 09:32:49  
They should move Warrior JA "Retaliation" to LV45. Would make PLD/WAR at LV90 fun as hell.

By Socomalpha 2010-03-05 09:39:01  
I would like to see something like retaliation for shield. I.e. chances of shield attack when you block an attack with your shield. Not useful but would be cool.
By Nightcrew 2010-03-05 09:40:55  
they said they were gonna tweak Cover, i'd like to see them remove the "Stand Behind" and just have it be "Damage diverted to Pld", make it a solid 30sec duration and a 1min recast. really other then that, the standard spell progression is all Pld will really need.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-03-05 09:55:49  
I just wanna throw this out there...How about a natural provoke style job ability? 24 levels of added kick *** to DD's they better give us some new tricks.
 Hades.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-05 09:56:16  
Nightcrew said:
they said they were gonna tweak Cover, i'd like to see them remove the "Stand Behind" and just have it be "Damage diverted to Pld", make it a solid 30sec duration and a 1min recast. really other then that, the standard spell progression is all Pld will really need.

This.

I would like to know where the mob is facing when Cover is about to wear off. Yeah you could watch chat log to see if the mob is still after them or not, but it would be easier to see the mob changing positions.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-05 10:00:54  
Socomalpha said:
I would like to see something like retaliation for shield. I.e. chances of shield attack when you block an attack with your shield. Not useful but would be cool.
Either that or occasionally counter when the shield procs. Not every block with a shield is enough to be knocked off balance. There should be the occasional counterattack.
 Leviathan.Novax
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-03-05 10:07:21  
How about a natural Defender ability as well as a natural voke. We don't need WAR ever after 75 :/

or 99
By Kobuh 2010-03-05 10:45:19  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Socomalpha said:
Either that or occasionally counter when the shield procs. Not every block with a shield is enough to be knocked off balance. There should be the occasional counterattack.

You want counter attack?? sub monk. PLD/MNK at LV90 should give you counter attack.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-03-05 19:34:03  
I will say that PLD definitely doesn't need new hate JA's or spells. We have enough as is. What we need is more survivability. Natural light resistance would be a big plus for certain big hitting moves.
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-03-05 20:09:06  
Too the ppl saying they should give pld a provoke or thier own defender...that would break pld. then you would only go pld/nin or /rdm to everything which is too much.

Secondly attacking with your shield would be cool but isnt that what reprisal is?...srsly do you not know your own spells?

and plds dont need more hate tools.

also you cant cover somebody....if your not in front of them...which is why i like the way they have it now. stop being lazy

"yes SE i would like to cover somebody on the other side of the map without having to be there....plz?" /no
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-05 20:26:27  
should just open COVER for alli, because 99% of the time my party is
PLD PLD WHM WHM RDM BRD

so when that DD pulls hate i can do.. Something...
 Hades.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-03-05 20:32:50  
Asura.Patriclis said:
Level 99 could actually possibly hurt paladins. It might just break atonement, since 720 damage might not be as significant as it is now, and won't be as good of a hate tool, unless they decide to ramp up the damage.
Unless they raise the enmity cap atonement is still gonna be really good for hate. 700+ dmg with lots of enm+ gear = shitload of hate with the current cap.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-03-05 20:52:01  
Would be nice if cover worked w/o targeting ppl to cover. Just whoever you stand in front of.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-03-05 23:05:12  
Remora.Thiefninja said:
Too the ppl saying they should give pld a provoke or thier own defender...that would break pld. then you would only go pld/nin or /rdm to everything which is too much.

Already do, dont you?
Quote:
Secondly attacking with your shield would be cool but isnt that what reprisal is?...srsly do you not know your own spells?

Err, No. Rerisal is a Spike spell, like Ice Spikes. Ice Spikes is hardly Thundaga III is it? Dont you know your own spells?
Quote:
and plds dont need more hate tools.

They would sure be handy when DD get more DD tools. Are you that stupid you dont realise that better DD's = More hate for DD's? Hence the need for PLD to have more Hate.
Quote:
also you cant cover somebody....if your not in front of them...which is why i like the way they have it now. stop being lazy

Not at the moment, SE has big plans for Cover though, who knows what they would do? Not you I'm guessing.
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-05 23:08:47  
Phoenix.Brexx said:
From what ive read, they intend to increase pld def to coincide with the increased difficulty of monsters and assitions to the cover effect... pos to multiple players or outside the party.

There's been nothing on the twitter or vanafest about this. Source please
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-05 23:14:18  
Shield with 2 handers plz
[+]