Low Man Nyzule Isle, Can It Be Done?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » low man Nyzule Isle, can it be done?
low man Nyzule Isle, can it be done?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Dwyte
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-03-12 19:10:04  
Just wondering if nyzule floors are able to be climbed (not bosses would just shout there) low maned like 3 maybe 4. N if so how hard is it? Jus tryn to get my friends floor 100 for their ws's
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-12 19:12:02  
It can be done (even bosses) provided you have a good setup and well geared/competent people, but is a lot more luck-based than using a larger group.
 Shiva.Lucant
user: Lucant
By Shiva.Lucant 2010-03-12 19:12:34  
yes i climbed and did boss floors with less than 6 people
 Shiva.Dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-03-12 19:14:26  
Yeah between us 4 we have a decent selection of jobs, what kind of set up would you sugest?
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-12 19:15:11  
Can be impossible due to # of lamps etc but yea can be done
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-12 19:22:28  
I did 15-20 once with just sam/dnc rdm/whm and blu/nin.

Higher lvl bosses like say cerb would be pretty hard with just 3 unless you just hope you get lucky and bring no real support and instead just 3 DDs with good 2 hours and both dmg prevention drinks. Even then Cerb might *** you lol

I've done most lvls and even bosses with 4-5 before. Wasn't much worse considering my static was 4-5 and the last 1-2 shout people were usually dead weight.

Or sometimes actually slowed us down somehow. Like the rdm that seemed to think you couldn't heal during a fight... even ones with chariots. And that 3 blus and 1 whm didn't need refresh or haste only they did...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-12 19:23:52  
Number of lamps adjusts itself automatically to party number, I am 99% certain.

And as for setup... hmm, probably Mage DDx3, where one of the DDs is definitely a THF on boss runs if you're interested in drops. Swapping a DD for a semiDD like COR or just a BRD can be useful for the buffs as well.

It's hard to say categorically, Nyzul is very open to many different setups. BLU can be very powerful here depending on the rest of your setup.
[+]
 Shiva.Dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-03-12 19:34:51  
Well, will have one person rdm, myself will most def be blu, then other two dd. Ones got sam/mnk(best two of his for it) n other war thf sam(again best as far as dd is conserned. But boss floors most likely just pick ups, thanks for all the help
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-12 19:52:17  
We tried with 3 people, DRG, DRK, and RDM..

Didn't go so well.. I think we made it to the second floor before running out of time... All 3 of us are decently geared and fairly competent.. We've all been playing many many years now..

We did get kinda screwed though.. We might have gotten higher had it not been for the mobs we got dealt. (one was a dragon, don't remember the others, but it made the other two think FML, I hadn't really done much Nyzule Isle's so I didn't know what counted as good or bad.)
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-12 20:00:54  
We tried it with 4 people once. Then we hit a floor that needed 5 lamps hit at the same time. It didn't work out to well. ;;

Edit: If Raenryong is right and the lamp numbers are adjusted, then we had a member not hitting their lamp when she needed to. And that didn't work out so well, either.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-12 20:04:05  
I've actually done lamps with not enough people that knew what they were doing so I've been able to hit 2 in adjacent rooms "at the same time"
 Ifrit.Duanyu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-12 20:05:51  
you really need jobs that can accumulate tp very quickly, so sam and drk are good choices, blu is an excellent choice as dd and back up heal(in some cases main heal if your unlucky). rdm or sch work very well also, i tend to lean towards sch myself.

luck plays a big role in nyzul, could get easy floors or floors with lamps, flayers, chariots, etc...

just my personal experience but on boss floors, i try to take another dd instead of thf(no offense to thf's), but TH just seems broken in nyzul, dunno why.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-12 20:12:56  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I've actually done lamps with not enough people that knew what they were doing so I've been able to hit 2 in adjacent rooms "at the same time"

Most likely one of our people was just having trouble. We used to have a friend that played who was a really great friend, but we had to hold her hand through everything. We'd take her to 'evade and escape' assault mission and tell her to wait at the the start until we were done, and when we ran through places where it was possible at ALL to get lost, one of us would run ahead of her and the other one behind her, and whoever was behind her would keep tabbed onto her. If we fought gods in Sky that needed to be Shadowbound through their 2hours, I would send her /tells to fight unlocked and turn around as soon as the dust went up, or I'd tell her to fight slightly out of range so it would look like she was hitting it but she wasn't actually, because she could never get off the mob when everyone else did, ect. She's an awesome person, one of my favorite people in the game back when she played, but it's entirely likely that she just didn't hit her lamp during that nyzul run. She was the best. :-)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-12 20:18:26  
Oh yeah that's why I did 2 that run. Because we had 2 people there that sucked at following directions that one run we failed on the first floor of order lamps because they would just keep clicking randomly or some ***. Or not at all idk. I mean 30 min on one floor and still not even won when we found them all in like the first 2-3 how dumb can you be.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-12 20:34:06  
Shiva.Dwyte said:
Well, will have one person rdm, myself will most def be blu, then other two dd. Ones got sam/mnk(best two of his for it) n other war thf sam(again best as far as dd is conserned. But boss floors most likely just pick ups, thanks for all the help

If everyone was well geared and knew what they were doing,

Rdm, Blu, Sam, Sam or Mnk would be excellent.

Sam with Polearm and a 5 hit build is crushing in nyzul.

Again, you need people that actually know what they are doing, but that sort of setup should easily be able to climb 0-100.

That's not to say you won't get screwed at times, but you would def win more times than not.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-03-12 21:00:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said:
Can be impossible due to # of lamps etc but yea can be done

normal mobs and lamp floors are scaled down slighty, it does say 3-6 people for a reason :P.

I tried 3-maning nyzle and it isnt worth it, some floors are easy but floors with Soulflayers/frogs can be a real pain.
 Seraph.Dricent
サーバ: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-12 21:01:34  
Ya it can be done with a minimum of 5. Because if you get a floor lamp and theres 5 lamps and you only have 4 people your screwed. And even boss floors can be 5 manned.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-12 21:08:42  
I'm 99% sure it scales down the floors for you in terms of number of lamps. I've often gone in with less than 6, sometimes as low as 3-4 and have had people DC from me and not ONCE have I had the number of lamps screw me over.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-12 21:23:48  
lamp floors are adjusted to the number of people who enter. example: if 4 people enter u will NEVER have 5 or 6 lamp only 4 or below... now, if u enter with a party of 5 and 1 D/C's thats a totally different story the game will NOT adjust that... u can still have up to 5 lamps on a lamp floor... this has happened to me once, so yes i know... 99.9% sure
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-12 21:32:10  
With the except of frogs and chariots and soulflayers on family or leader and obviously HNM floors pretty sure 2 blus could do 5 floors fairly often duoing. I mean the Alls are pretty easy mobs. The other aht urghan mobs weither on leader or family are fairly easy too.

And the whole run around and then kill fast kinda plays to blus strenghts. Can refresh 4 solo with atuo-refresh, relic body, sanction and balhrans ring. Just running around will get alot of your mp back then spam spells and headbutts when you get to the mobs.
By Kriss 2010-03-12 22:05:17  
I've run Nyzul and succeeded many times with 3 members total. It is some what dependent on luck (Cerberus = high chance of failure 3 man) but if you have people who know what they are doing, it isn't too hard. I have a screenshot posted as well; our setup was SAM, SAM, WHM. We used other setups for non-boss floors, but two SAMs for bosses made them a breeze. Try not to get discouraged if you fail and you should be able to get the hang of it.
 Asura.Scribblesz
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Scribblesz 2010-03-12 22:33:46  
cerberus, khim, hydra have never lasted more than 3 minutes with 2 or more SAMs so Im pretty sure even they could be done with 2SAMs and a healer. Make your luck . Register code floors can be done by one person.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-12 22:46:35  
most ive seen so far on lamp floors is 6 lamps with a pt of 6.
it definitely can be done with less ppl and ppl that listen of course which makes EVERYTHING easier.

Doesn't hurt to test it out with w/e setup you have or wanna low man with

try RDM/WHM, SAM/NIN, and maybe another SAM/DNC? to help with cures in case you get a floor with CC @.@
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-12 22:51:09  
6 lamps... wow I've never seen more than 5. After doing 2 full climbs and lots of HNMs
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-12 22:58:19  
5+ needed to do it consistently, but you'd need good gear and merits and setup..
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-12 23:15:33  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
6 lamps... wow I've never seen more than 5. After doing 2 full climbs and lots of HNMs

Yea it happened to me 3x since i started doing nyzul. it was on a "same time" floor. i haven't seen it on a order floor yet. i also have a string of bad luck so maybe that played a part in it too ~.~
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2010-03-12 23:29:41  
every low manned nyzul run i've ever done lamps were adjusted accordingly. If there were 4 of us we had 3 lamps or less and i've done MANY, MANY runs low man & unless it was just too much of an overwhelming floor it can be done Dwyte. WJ & Keap are climbing again tomorrow from 31+ & I'll be there to help em out & get tokens so maybe your friends can join w/ them if there's more than enough i'll gladly sit out.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-03-12 23:31:46  
as others said it can be done but you can also run into bad luck with whatever that floor throws at you. A floor full of flayers or chariots with 3-4 people could really hurt your time overall for the run.

I can recall more than one "no white magic" cerb or khimarias in my time playing. Getting one of those hydras that keep up physical shield too could hurt your time.

Like we've said -- all depends on your luck but a good group of players could potentially beat any floor with 2-4 people. I'd like to try 2-3 blu runs ... sounds fun. But "no blue magic" would be my luck on the last floor :-P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-12 23:39:05  
I find Khim to be the easiest of the 3. Sams kinda QQ over the tp stealing but my blu just goes in there and *** it up.

One time I just went in with the +15 to all stats and 2hr and tp self skill chain and spell spam before pt was ready. Yes I did type Leeeerrrooooy jenkins. Got it down to like 50 before the pt showed up. Though like right after they did there intial weapons skills it petrified me. Good thing they killed it before fanatics wore lol.

But it was those cerb floors that made us do at least 2 blus each run instead of at least 2 sams lol. I've done a 4 blu run once. And a 3 blu 1 sam 1 rdm that never refreshed/hasted and hardly cured and a whm that switched to brd. Poor sam was sad cause he didn't get to engage most mobs.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-03-13 02:47:44  
Just did some 16-20s 3 times with a friend and dualboxed. Terrrrrible floors.

You CAN get 5 lamps with 3 people, without a doubt. How do I know? It just happened to us, TWICE. Know what else can happen? 2 kill all floors, both containing Dahaks on the same run.

The runs went as follows:
1st: Spec 1, kill all, 5 order lamps, kill leader(one of the imps), then we bailed to keep our tokens.
2nd: Spec 1, kill all, Spec Plural(Flans) *white magic restricted*, 5 order lamps and don't kill gears, we ran out of time on that floor.
3rd: Spec 1(again), kill all with Dahak, kill leader(Pyschflayer), kill all with another Dahak, we ran out of time here again here.

lol, so instead of it scaling down, sure looks like it scales up... <.<
First Page 2