A Couple Of Pup Gear Questions....

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » A couple of Pup Gear questions....
A couple of Pup Gear questions....
First Page 2
 Remora.Veltan
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: kethrel
By Remora.Veltan 2010-03-15 19:39:05  
I am curious for some info from my fellow PUPs out there, specifically about the mini expansions. I am planning on getting all 3 of the ACP AMKE and ASA rewards as PUP gear and am just looking for some feedback on what other PUPs have done. What augments would you recommend?

I was thinking:

ACP: ACC and Pup Magic Atk
AMKE: 10 ACC 5 Atk 15 WS ACC 4 STR
ASA: 7 ACC 3 Haste

With the new PUPdate would that be going overboard for ACC?

My current gear most of the time is:

Waghs / --- / turbo /
Walmart / Chiv / Brutal / Spike Earring
AF / battle / lava's / kusha's
Bellicose / potent / Enkidu / AF +1

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-03-15 19:44:10  
PCC, Hollow earring Swift to TP and Virtuoso to WS, Usukane, and as for the Add on gears it depends on your frame of choice, so what kind of PUP are you?
 Remora.Veltan
By Remora.Veltan 2010-03-15 22:29:57  
Normally I have a mage automaton with me. Be it soloing with the WHM or events with the BLM. I unfortunately don't have a salvage LS and have had terrible luck with UO, so none of that... yet.

I was wondering a lot about what the A skill in Hand-to-Hand would mean. Is anyone thinking of redoing and getting new PUP augments for those pieces or what do you have now?

Since you mentioned Virtuoso for WS I feel I should ask, keep the rings on I have for WS or Rajas/something else?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-15 22:31:54  
Rajas + something else, generally a STR ring (acc for TP still) since you'll usually be eating pizza and occasionally sushi now. Needs more Haste during TP phase.

The skill update is basically 40 accuracy, 44 attack, and a few points in base damage.
 Remora.Veltan
By Remora.Veltan 2010-03-15 22:55:32  
Ok, so 40 Acc and 44 Atk, that answers that... How much + Acc from gear would you need to be able to eat meat on a mob like Greater Colibri?

Again though, augments for Add-ons?
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-03-15 22:57:16  
with the update you can actually drop some of the Acc gear and get STR gear and whatnot Acc wont be an issue anymore
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-03-15 23:00:51  
Head-Anwig Salade(STR+5 WS Acc+15 Acc+10 Atk+5) For WS
Legs-Desultor Tassets (Acc+7 Haste+3%) to TP in
Body-Mirke Wadecors {Pet Acc+15 + Racc+15 Pet MAB +7 Macc +7)
Is a good way to use the add on gears since you'll be using BLM maton as main for events, good choice. :)
 Remora.Veltan
By Remora.Veltan 2010-03-15 23:10:30  
So after the update, since you won't need as much ACC as you do now, what would be a good TP set and what would be a good WS set? (without using Usu gear)

Remora.Veltan
By Remora.Veltan 2010-03-15 23:26:10  
so would this be good for WS:

and for TP:

with the augments from the last post?
 Midgardsormr.Brayen
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Brayen 2010-03-16 09:21:12  
i would not use the body for a hybrid as you can just macro it in. Either full master or full pet piece.

No way to know if you are going "overboard on acc" without all the info, but you can go download ffxicalculator for ur own use, it really helps with deciding this kind of stuff.

For the above, not sure what you have access to or ur stats (merits dex etc) but if you can get enkido hands, id say try to get the feet as well for tp, and if you have rajas i would say try to get a sea gorget for WS.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-03-16 09:33:22  
Just throwing this out there, but I use Surge Subligar for ws. The nm is quite easy to solo, too.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-16 09:44:06  
As mentioned PUPs are getting around 40 acc from the update, which is great, and I'm sure you will all love it it.

BUT

Accuracy will still be a concern.

A decent MNK (TPing in Togi, BH, BB, Fuma) is around 65% hit rate on birds before food. So a post update PUP (depending on a lot of factors) will be around 50-70% hit rate.

50% for average AH gear.
70% for decent EG stuff (including some usukane)

(These numbers are semi made up, based on the approximate changes in gear going from MNK to PUP. If you need any specific examples worked out then please give details)

There is no way that a 75 PUP will be hitting capped accuracy on birds without pizza, sushi, acc rolls or acc songs.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-16 09:44:52  
can we talk about enemies other than birds?
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-16 09:59:04  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
can we talk about enemies other than birds?

We can, I was just responding to this:
Remora.Veltan said:
Ok, so 40 Acc and 44 Atk, that answers that... How much Acc from gear would you need to be able to eat meat on a mob like Greater Colibri?

Again though, augments for Add-ons?

As for other mobs,

Mamools: Vary a lot from job to job but generally are more evasive than birds, so sushi only here probably.

HNMs: They are higher again, so PUP (even with the update) aren't going to be invited to HNM camps (at least not to melee)

Limbus/Nyzul/Dynamis/Salvage: Pizza is probably the best beat here, although you may be able to use a meat (gear dependant).

Einherjar, MMM and the other few things I haven't covered will probably need pizza or sushi.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-16 10:56:14  
Im only 73 pup atm but pretty decent monk and am satisfied with my monks performance on colibri so I was planning to follow similiar gearing for the ws's tbh I dont think im wrong in doing so. Stringing pummel is multi hit ws (6) with low modifiers similar to asuran fists so as far as colibri go even with A skill hand to hand with no acc brd/cor buffs youre gonna wanna still stack a reasonable ammount of accuracy gear for ws.

With my current gear available to me, as well as surge subligar which havent dropped for me 0/4 atm im gonna hazard a guess at a good pup ws build for colibri :

hades santi or oberon santi - main
black tathlum - ammo
AMK head 10acc 15wsacc 4str 5attk or maats cap - head
Sea gorget - neck
brutal + minuet, brutal + fenrir or brutal + bushi - earring
usu body or mirke 10acc 10attk or enkidu or pahluwan - body
usu gote or enkidu - hands
toreador+sniper+1 / toreador+rajas / 2x 5str - rings
af+1 / usukane - feet
surge subligar / usu / enkidu - legs
virtuoso / potent? - waist
bellicose / af2

Tbh I was looking to gear my stringing pummel build for colibri with usu gote, usu feet, toreador ring, sniper+1, minuet earring, AMK head, sea gorget and surge subligar, thats alot of acc way above what youre asking will be enough or not. Even with A skill on colibri you do need rather alot of acc to keep fairly consistent with asuran fists if this is a good comparison ws I assume it is.

Vegetto wanted his enkidu hands for stringing pummel he said which entriguied me as possibly my acc/attk route may not actually be the best, he was talking about reaching a certain lvl of dex for it to perform better on colibri. Ill have to look into that when I actually get the ws.

Howling Fist for PUP id use maats cap, gorget, brutal, bushi, 2 x 5str rings, enkidu hands, usu legs and af feet to try stack more stat gear I guess not sure its best route for stringing pummel though that still looks rather low on acc. At a glance veltan your posted build looks like it has less acc than my focus asuran fists build which for stringing pummel might not be good idea.

Alot of ppl saying here after update acc wont be an issue anymore, in all fairness you might be right I am still only 73 pup but from looks of my monk and wanting parties that dont do acc buffs acc still is big issue for h2h on colibri. Id say looking at your 2 builds above even after update you get more consistent numbers pummeling in lava and kusha over 2 str rings on colibri with no madrigal.

Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-16 11:46:46  
Argie, I can get upper 80's w/ my pup on birds. Not sure where you're getting 70% from
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-16 11:52:15  
O youre here, so whats your take on pup ws builds for colibri then vegetto...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-16 11:58:31  
Addition for my previous post:
70 base dex pup/war
285 skill (torque) = 200 (+ 92 x .9 ) = 276 acc

Dex gears
Ani+1 (4), Usu body (8), Rajas (5), Pantin cape (5), usu legs (5), minuet earring (1) = 28
28 + 70 = 98 dex = 49 acc

Acc
5/empty/ani+1/oils
7/10/brutal/3
12/10/rajas/7
pantin/3/usu/7

=+64

64+49+276 = 389 acc

87% on lv 82 birds,90% lv 81 birds, averages to 88.5% overall.
Though, anyone w/o full usu will be using sushi. I'm fine to go w/ kabobs (similar to my polearm sam).

@Bas, Dex only if you can hit the dex sweetspot, should produce the best results. Any situation you can't, acc/str/attack
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-16 12:20:51  
Stringing Pummel

TP

As realistic as i could get it... Add Shenlongs, Nin sash, other AV drops to get it better... but yeah. good luck.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-16 12:24:41  
Basically what I was trying to say in 2 photos lol, what did you use your AMK head for then, and what 2nd earring is that? Im gonna guess hollow or youd be using minuet right?

Also ancient torque vs faith for tp'ing hmm...
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-16 12:29:19  
Oh also, you sure its actually a good idea to swap to tathlum for ws then bck to animator? :/

I mean im stuck without windower I can press macros fairly fast but with double march up im likely to lose like 16tp minimum upto 30ish tp if im slow for changing back to animator after ws.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-16 12:29:56  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Basically what I was trying to say in 2 photos lol, what did you use your AMK head for then, and what 2nd earring is that? Im gonna guess hollow or youd be using minuet right?

Also ancient torque vs faith for tp'ing hmm...

I dont have AMK head yet, when I do it will replace Optical.

The 2nd earring is from beating Apoc Nigh.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-16 12:32:49  
Ancient torque if acc isn't capped. Faith if is. Hell, even pcc > faith torque. Faith torque is only 6 acc w/ capped h2h merits.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-16 12:32:53  
Ohhh thats 5attk 5eva one my bad.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-16 12:33:59  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Oh also, you sure its actually a good idea to swap to tathlum for ws then bck to animator? :/

I mean im stuck without windower I can press macros fairly fast but with double march up im likely to lose like 16tp minimum upto 30ish tp if im slow for changing back to animator after ws.

I'd use it personally, but thats just me. If you feel like you are unable to change it out fast enough, just leave the animator.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-16 12:36:20  
Boompadu <found it!> 0/4 here we go.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-16 12:45:05  
Can you even do that? don't you lose tp swapping out your ranged slot?
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-16 12:45:41  
Ranged, yes. not ammo.

In otherwords, you'd lose the TP you get from Stringing pummel, but not the 100%+ for it.

scratch that last part... Forget it mammolbane goes in ranged or ammo...

Go on Thf, change out bolts in ammo... no tp loss.

change crossbows, tp loss.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-16 12:47:40  
You can equip black tathlum w/ Animator? I thought you could only equip oils. If not, then it would auto unequip your animator and you'd lose tp
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-16 12:48:21  
Not worth it. Losing your TP return is losing 2 rounds of melee TP, will screw your WS damage over time via less frequency.
First Page 2