Signs Of Too Much FFXI(ing?)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42
 Shiva.Booskiboo
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Booskiboo
By Shiva.Booskiboo 2009-04-30 10:01:13  
If I am playing FFXI, my wife eventually kicks me off because she wants my attention, I refer that as:
"Wife aggro."

If she kicks me off because we got guests (i.e. Family), that have arrived:
"Wife aggro with parents linked."
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-30 13:56:32  
I woke up with my face on the keyboard and an imprint of sever keys on my face.
Man, that was a rough night...

~Yote
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-04-30 14:43:56  
When I am looking for parking (LFP) I park on the street and I say to myself I'm camping a parking spot hope no one steals claim..
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-30 16:02:43  
Booskiboo said:
If I am playing FFXI, my wife eventually kicks me off because she wants my attention, I refer that as:
"Wife aggro."

If she kicks me off because we got guests (i.e. Family), that have arrived:
"Wife aggro with parents linked."

I often get mom aggro. Truly {Impossible to Gauge}.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-04-30 16:03:04  
Hatekhaos said:
When I am looking for parking (LFP) I park on the street and I say to myself I'm camping a parking spot hope no one steals claim..

I started spamming ctrl-2 (my Provoke macro)
 Fenrir.Didgist
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-04-30 16:36:20  
I use aggro a lot, but it was a term I had before FFXI. Not sure where it came from, maybe another earlier MMO? Not one that I had played because FFXI is my first.
 Kujata.Mathieu
サーバ: Kujata
user: Mathieu
By Kujata.Mathieu 2009-04-30 16:37:14  
I've had dreams about popping and fighting Despot.

My g/f and I are out of town right now, away from our systems, hanging out at our friends house. I turn to her and ask "I wonder if Simurgh has popped."

This is a fun thread, I can relate to a lot of the stories. ^^
 Bahamut.Rifkan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rifkan
By Bahamut.Rifkan 2009-04-30 16:49:36  
I was once told to take a "Screenshot" by a friend while sight seeing, at which point I looked at them very slowly and cracked up.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-04-30 17:35:14  
Too much ffxi when you get a ticket in the mail from a camera as you are running a red light and say damit they recorded me on a soul plate with a soultrapper
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-30 17:38:02  
Hatekhaos said:
Too much ffxi when you get a ticket in the mail from a camera as you are running a red light and say damit they recorded me on a soul plate with a soultrapper

OMG!@!@! That happened to me today!! D:

~Yote
 Hades.Jacinda
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 16:00:37  
I'd say my most recent "too much FFXI moment" happened last week while walking on the college campus. Nice sunny day and as I stepped outside, I heard the chocobo theme as I began walking. xD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-01 10:42:01  
Bump! I still enjoy this thread :P
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-01 11:04:14  
My sister works in this bar/restaurant and one of her co-workers is a gamer geek but plays alot of rpg type of gaming, so he understands alot of the gaming lingo we have. So she asked about some things and I explained to her what some things we say on the game. I told her about when we say "Zoning" and she calls us big geeks.

well the other day she comes to me and says "Guess what I did!?"

So she explains that she was about to walk in the kitchen area and knew her co-worker (the gamer) was in there, so she comes in and says "ZONING!" out loud and she said he turned and dropped his mouth and asked how she knew that. :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-01 11:05:37  
LOL Aly...

This moment happened to me while on campus yesterday.

It was some kinda club rush for the frats and sororities, so as I'm walking around, I'm saying to myself "Man, these guilds got some hot young ladies in them."

Luckily no one heard that lol
 Ramuh.Carline
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Carline
By Ramuh.Carline 2009-07-01 11:17:55  
Alyria said:
My sister works in this bar/restaurant and one of her co-workers is a gamer geek but plays alot of rpg type of gaming, so he understands alot of the gaming lingo we have. So she asked about some things and I explained to her what some things we say on the game. I told her about when we say "Zoning" and she calls us big geeks.

well the other day she comes to me and says "Guess what I did!?"

So she explains that she was about to walk in the kitchen area and knew her co-worker (the gamer) was in there, so she comes in and says "ZONING!" out loud and she said he turned and dropped his mouth and asked how she knew that. :P

BIG LOL!
 Bahamut.Citag
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-01 11:31:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

We have an interoffice chat system at work, I have several times now typed "afk" when I've left my desk.
 Fairy.Poostaru
サーバ: Fairy
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-07-01 12:19:08  
I went to subway today and ordered a coeurl sub +1, they just looked at me funny and said umm we don't have that here...
 Carbuncle.Alessandra
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Aless
By Carbuncle.Alessandra 2009-07-01 12:27:30  
Using MSN at work, I keep typing "mt" when i send the wrong AIM to someone. (they dont know what it means though)
OR... in occations I type "/p" in my messages too. (I blame it as a typo)
 Kujata.Mochang
サーバ: Kujata
user: Mochang
By Kujata.Mochang 2009-07-01 12:43:39  
When I go hiking by where I live, I pass "Rowanberry drive." At the traffic light I sit hoping that a goobbue will cross the road
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-07-01 13:14:11  
Try going to a Sushi Bar and not saying teh word Sole or Squid
[+]
 Diabolos.Vontomczak
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Vontomczak 2009-07-01 13:35:33  
All license plate numbers in FL start consist of 3 characters on either end of the state of Florida Logo so I'm always looking at license plates on my way home from work while sitting in Miami traffic and try to make out job titles in license plate numbers.

i.e. THF, RDM, NIN, WAR, etc.
I have yet to see one and take a photo of it with my camera phone. XD
 Carbuncle.Cianti
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-07-01 13:36:37  
Vontomczak said:
All license plate numbers in FL start consist of 3 characters on either end of the state of Florida Logo so I'm always looking at license plates on my way home from work while sitting in Miami traffic and try to make out job titles in license plate numbers.

i.e. THF, RDM, NIN, WAR, etc.
I have yet to see one and take a photo of it with my camera phone. XD

Same I see BRD and PLD all the time
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-01 13:59:11  
I saw someone driving in MA with one that said "PLD75", that's it. They had some kind FF stickers on it too so I'm assuming it was done on purpose.

This was also a long time ago when having a job to 75 meant something.
 Seraph.Firedfoxd
サーバ: Seraph
user: firedfoxd
By Seraph.Firedfoxd 2009-07-01 14:20:33  

Life a RPG [ role playing game]?
As all of us know life is divided in three: born, living and death.
But how moch similar is our life to a RPG [role playing game]? Is very similar and you will be surprise...

A) Lets start by braking down RPG wich is "Role Playing Game". In wich you play and take the life of a specific character, learn about him and in most of the cases you get attached to him or learn something from him.
Most of the Rpg's you start level 1 [born objectly] and you make you way up, leveling up, by getting "EXP" and building your character status on different adventures.

A.1) In real life there's not much difference, you born and you start your own role, your own story. After a couple of days your born you are earning experience.
Our real and first adventure is when we learn how to walk and then learn to talk. In the game the first adventure is in a dangeon or a forest. As in real life bearly know things and that is when you start seeing things with a different prespective comparing it with the past. In real life the child can't no longer just be in one room, he will try to explore the most he can of the house and he will se that everything is not the way he used to see it.
Every year of a human can be a Lvl from a game. If you notice at the begging of a game u don't have that many special attacks or you can't equip too many things on because is too heavy. In real life when your a small child all you do is: sleep, eat and play. The character equipment by time gets more and more expensive and powerfull, with them we are protected from attacks and some times can guard us from status, in real life our clothes is our equipment which protect us, and it also protect us from getting sick. The special attacks and magic grows through equipment or leveling up in real life those [special attacks, skills and magic] can be interpreted with our personal skills [cook, draw, act and so on ...] and for some games the character job[ white knight, red wizard etc] can be interpreted in real life as our profession [ ingennier, teacher, doctor etc].
At certain age most of us started to travel[ to other cities, to other contries] but it all began with going to the neighboors house, aunts house, friends house... In the game you will go to the nearest village. Our first crushes and loves started in our early teen ages and in the game not so long after the beggining of the game.
With time going our life change, we constantly are learning and the thin we know are always in constant evolution. In the game you will face different bosses in the different stages. In life "there are no bosses" just differnts task that you most pass or go trough. In life, eventually you have kids and in games, sometimes, you see that coming in the end of the game[ grandia PS1] and rarely you see it in part of the game[lufia2 SNES]. In games you save your progress by saving your data in real life you dont actually save the progress that you have in life, what you actually save are memories of your early age, or things that are important for you.
When you die in the game you will get "GAME OVER" and you will have to go back to your last save and try again, in real life you die and you can say "GAME OVER" but you can't go back and start from your last memory, when you die, YOU DIE!! and the world will keep spinning. Your friends in real life can resemble your party in the game and the time you spend with them on quests or leveling up we can call it in real life "HANGING OUT" or "CHILLING WITH SOMEONE".
The constant replacement in the party and the change of formation of it can be resamble by the differents friends we have. The level the character is in the game resembles our age

Some games like FINAL FANTASY XI and World Of Warcraft have and level restriction of lvl 75 and 70 respectively which our life span in average is aroung the 60s to 70s. And in this two games is were our life can be resemble the most with a RPG.

PS: i can only recall seening the need to eat in tales of phantasia [snes & ds]

I remembered i wrote this essay when i started play ff11 about 3 years ago
and i find it funny that life really resembles this game....
 Diabolos.Vontomczak
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Vontomczak 2009-07-01 14:27:12  
Good one Rowland XD
 Asura.Sharpe
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-07-01 14:27:47  
Rowland said:
I kinda got a pic on my phone of someone's license plate that was like [THF 429]. But I was driving and I didn't wanna cause any accidents.

German number plates start with letters to designate what town they are from. I see D NC, D RG, D RK, regularly as that's Düsseldorfs letter. Also seen a N IN before and probably more that I can't remember.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 40 41 42